Yet another Demi-god roleplay

Started by RadiantMind, July 07, 2012, 05:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadiantMind

Seeing as I'm a really big fan of mythology and would find it rather sad if the only demi-god roleplay we had was about the greek gods. So I thought, hey why not make one for all gods, where every single god is represented, while also allowing people joining in to have distinctive signs of their respective godly parents (scales from dragon gods, wings, etc.)

All gods are welcome, but please keep your powers at a certain level.
I'll make reservations available for certain positions within the school, student council, students disciplinary committee, club leaders, etc.

And please... don't pick the Jewish/Christian/Islamic god

Name:
God parent:
Powers:
Classes and Clubs:
Appearence:
Personality:
Godly Artifacts: (can include treasures from real life)

HairyHeretic

If you like system games you may want to have a look at Scion.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

RadiantMind

Not looking for a system game, just something casual

tripledown

Wonderful. The variety of different pantheons and how they can conflict is always fun, and a school setting would only make a showdown between Apollo and Ra more entertaining! I would like to know though do you consider legendary heroes that ascended to godhood or only the beings that began as divine?

RadiantMind

Quote from: tripledown on July 07, 2012, 07:14:37 PM
Wonderful. The variety of different pantheons and how they can conflict is always fun, and a school setting would only make a showdown between Apollo and Ra more entertaining! I would like to know though do you consider legendary heroes that ascended to godhood or only the beings that began as divine?

Only beings that began as divine

tripledown

That clears my choices up a bit.  Ill get working on finding a God I like right away.

RadiantMind

To be more precise the school is the only school for demigods, and therefore encompasses all education from preschool to college.

Name: Kei Amada
God parent: Izanami-no-Mikoto
Powers: Potentially the power of creation and death. for now though he only has control over the creation part, enabling him to heal, make flowers spring up around him, and revive people when he's in enough emotional distress over their death. He's rather smart and inventive due to his father being a renowned scientist and robotics expert
Classes and Clubs: He's the president of the student council and he's the leader of the gardening and history clubs.
Appearence: Kei is 168 centimeters tall, slim and frail built. His body though is extremely durable due to his body healing on it's own  to keep him alive. He has long black hair, going down over his shoulders. when he gets sad his body changes, becoming even slimmer, his skin gets deathly pale and his eyes turn black.
Personality: He is usually cheerful and helpful, he loves his mother, even though many misunderstands her. He likes to be of use to others and he goes to great lengths to be liked.
Background info (Optional): He was conceived in Japan on the one day the gods are allowed to take possession of humans to reproduce. His biological mother died right after he was born, but even as a baby he had the strength to revive her, much to the doctors surprise, on the same day as he was conceived the year after his mother was possessed again, and Izanami told his father what was going on. His parents raised him with reverence and love. When he came of age to go to school, they sent him off to the academy. He found out that some of the students there hadn't been told until late in their life, and therefore had trouble handling their powers. He quickly grew to be liked by the girls of the school as he was calm and controlled and creative with his powers
Godly Artifacts: He wears the tip of the spear Izanami and Izanagi used to create the world around his neck, it's supernatural connection to his mother makes him able to talk to her whenever he wants