Warhammer 40k, Freeform RP based on Inquisitor, may range from [NA] to [EX]

Started by Maximillian Crowloft, February 04, 2009, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voichin

Dready. If you already burn, some flashing here and there won't be a big change. You can't be even more noticeable :)
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

dready

true, but i also want to be able to avoid danger as well, since even though it turns attacks into flashes of light how cool would it be if we were attacked and then teleporting before countering. :3

Paladin

HairyHeretic

Quote from: dready on February 15, 2009, 06:17:31 PM
true, but i also want to be able to avoid danger as well, since even though it turns attacks into flashes of light how cool would it be if we were attacked and then teleporting before countering. :3

Its a teleport in a random direction though. Its not necessarily a good thing.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Paladin

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 15, 2009, 06:57:19 PM

If you guys are going to go with that stuff I'd look in Dark Heresy for actual RP rules of the Items.

dready

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 15, 2009, 06:57:19 PM
good point, but i like the fact that i'd rather be out of firing than still in the midst of it. :3

SomethingWycked

Quote from: Maximillion Crowloft on February 15, 2009, 08:31:02 AM
Looks pretty good, all you have to do is choose to which retinue you will belong. Both options are possible, though for balancing issues I suggest the Radical Inquisitor's side.

I do enjoy balance. Radical retinue it is :P

Also... for any who are interested... What Marines do with their time. Somewhat off topic... but I've always enjoyed it. :D
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none.

The Emperor protects... 66% of the time.

dready

second event of the day is kewl. 'awards and punishments are handed out by consistently good or bad accuracy.'

Jack Shade

I realize I never asked...what kind of Heretics are we dealing with?

Asmodeus

Chaos worshippers I reckon.

They wantz the precious forge world!  >:(

And Khamaron's got something to do with it.  *smokes his detective pipe*

Okay, so I've "deployed" my army.  The Ogryn's intimidating the guards and dragging out the heretic's body.  The Battle Sister is guarding Vailon.  And the Scout has commandered the armoury.  Hope none of you mind me placing you like this.

Max, was the plot point okay?

Kroduk

Heh, I'm Ogryn, I'm not intelligent enough to mind doing things like that :D
Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
If I've got nowhere to go?
Search for seas of gold
How come it's got so cold?
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you
When it's me I can't forgive?

Maximillian Crowloft

Plot point was fine, fits neatly into what I was doing. After all, I had begun with many small outbreaks of heretics in the section, this is simply one of their more daring plans.

It doesn't mean however, that you've got a clue leading to whats truly important out here. And after setting the scene up, I hope you will refrain from using other people's characters. For such an introduction its not dreadful, but after this, let them play themselves.

I'll be tying this into the story today, giving everyone options, both spoken and upspoken, to get this show on the road.
O&O

Asmodeus

Quote from: Maximillion Crowloft on February 16, 2009, 12:41:14 PMits not dreadful

*calls his mother*

ASMO:  I did good, Mama.  I did you proud!

ASMO'S MOTHER:  Stop hijacking my character!

ASMO:   :(

Maximillian Crowloft

hah, don't worry about it, I only meant the character hijacking with it, you did basically took over your entire team. The biggest problem with that is that they have nothing to post about until you do something new. No personal investigations anymore, since you did their actions and gave the results. So that should surely stop from here on, otherwise though I liked the post.

Gave off a nice aura for the Inquisitor and how he handles these things.
O&O

Asmodeus

Well, I was thinking most characters don't do much in the first posts except establish their thoughts and motives.  I thought given them a few actions to do while they present themselves could be helpful.

So the Ogryn will be dragging off the corpse.  The Battle Sister will be contemplating her heretic kill and maybe cleaning her boltgun.  And the Scout will be checking the armoury and maybe telling the guards to back down.  I thought it might give some springboards to people.

Sorry, I'm used to GMing for players who get paralyzed by inaction.  I have to nudge them around all the time. 

I'll restrain myself.  :)

Maximillian Crowloft

Thats good, if there is any inaction threatening to break down on the posting, other than people not posting at all like right now, I'll be sure to dump some heretics on you in an unorderly fashion. Nothing like a good firefight to get things going again.

Oh, and something you should all realise, you will very likely get hurt. Just because I tell you you get shot in your arm resulting in a large fraction of the lower bonestructure, doesn't mean you're dead. It just means you've got to work with having one arm.

Hope everyone understands this, Warhammer 40k is not a universe where you will be able to adventure without getting hurt.
O&O

Asmodeus

dready

i believe whichever tense you type into as long as it's the same tense per paragraph. ^-^

Kroduk

Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
If I've got nowhere to go?
Search for seas of gold
How come it's got so cold?
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you
When it's me I can't forgive?

Asmodeus

Dunno... there's probably a morgue or a medical bay somewhere.

Or you could shove it out an airlock.

Maximillian Crowloft

As of just now, Asmodeus has left our group.

A personal difference in opinion between me and him about posting styles could not be resolved, and to prevent further damage he will stop playing the Inquisitor.

The difference in case was character hijacking; He found it essential for writing a good story, I found that it takes the fun out of playing your own character and reacting to the different actions of other characters.

Regardless, there is no need for a verdict on the matter. This is simply a post to yell that we need a new Inquisitor.

Anyone interested in the position can PM me or post in this thread, both are viewed by me regularly.

Furthermore, this is a yell in the dark to Jack Shade, who has not posted or replied to my PM's for a couple of days. Are you still out there Jack? I wanted to know if you still wished to play your own Inquisitor now that Asmodeus has left?

If both Inquisitors leave however, it might be wise to simply resume with the accolytes, turning this into a more Dark Heresy type game. Where the Inquisitor sends his trusty henchmen to do his bidding, and cleanse the world of the evil that is chaos.

Thats all for now, I hope this can be resolved with as little as possible damage for the RP as it is now.
O&O

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Maximillian Crowloft

Thanks for the funny comic, reminds me of Giant in the playground's: "Order of the stick" but in 40k, and that's never bad.

Unfortunately though, due to the fact that Asmodeus and Jack shade were friends and were kinda in this together, both our Inquisitors will pull out of the RP.

I'm perfectly able to substitute one of them on my own, though when I take both of them under my care I'm simply dictating every turn the story will take, and that would make it very linear.

I hope we will be able to find two replacement Inquisitors, and people who already have a character and are able to play two of them, are welcome to offer to take an Inquisitor under their hood. Perhaps you for the Puritan, Paladin? I heard you were good at that, and we're somewhat in a pinch right now.

Because Shadey never posted though, we can easily change the Puritan Inquisitor's equipment, style, name. Though I do think it should be a Puritan, possibly even Thorian, because of the lovely combination of both wishing a new Emperor for mankind.
O&O

Paladin

I would be happy to Take the Position and play two characters. Good Inquisitor ofcourse.

Maximillian Crowloft

And so I rule, Paladin takes the role of the Puritan Inquisitor.

And unless someone wishes to take over Vailon, I will do so, providing the retinue with enough to do, and a good force to collide with Paladin's Inquisitor.
The fact that I will play Vailon for now does not mean however, that someone can not step up and ask if they can take him from me. I've got plenty of heretics to play besides him.
O&O