News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 06:02:46 PM
Modern Warfare really pleasantly surprised me, in that it had a real story. Modern Warfare 2 really just expanded upon that. I liked those.
Oh I love Modern Warfare but Soap was such a not-there person. I think the days of slipping into your first person character just because are over. If you don't give me options to customize him or her make a character with his or her own personality. I didn't even bother with MW 2 because it has about six hours single player.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 09, 2010, 06:07:05 PM
Oh I love Modern Warfare but Soap was such a not-there person. I think the days of slipping into your first person character just because are over. If you don't give me options to customize him or her make a character with his or her own personality. I didn't even bother with MW 2 because it has about six hours single player.

Yeah, but they turned Soap into a total badass. And don't get me started on Price. I would have sex with Price. And toward the end, MW2 is all about Soap and Price. Here's hoping MW3 is Soap and Price vs. the world.

Inkidu

Yeah but still six hours? No thanks.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Well, it is true that the time it takes to beat is a factor. Still, it's six hours of awesomeness. Minus the Favela mission. Ew.

Wolfy

Been playing Black Ops...stopped because the Match making system is broken. >_>

Hemingway

People are remarkably stupid. Or easily fooled.

Just now, some guy was chasing me. I had my back turned on him so I wasn't about to stop and shoot back. I ran out the door instead, and a few feet around the corner, before turning around, meeting him in the doorway and stabbing him in the face.

Come on.

Ahahaha anyway. I just use the server browser, which seems to be working fine now.

Wolfy

Currently playing the console version..so no server browser.

Hemingway

WHY.

I bet there's no lean either.

You're playing a broken shell of a game.

Wolfy

Lawls...I want to get the PC version..but no cash. D:

Hemingway

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 10:16:23 PM
Yes. Yes, you do.

I will in a few weeks..I'll be buying it straight off Steam. :P

Sabby

Still on New Vegas. I think I'm in love with the Anti-Material Rifle <3 I just used it to clear out the whole Fiend Vault, so close quarters with a .50 cal sniper (bodies were flying down hallways) and then used it to complete depopulate a Legion camp... the one that leads to the Fort. And I did it from a nearby mountain.

It's epic <3

msa24680

I just finished Mafia II last night.  That was a great game!  I really enjoyed it - and now have an urge for 50's music too...  Also, I was playing Fable 3 and finished it over this past weekend - not as great as I had imagined, but still really good. 

Now what am I going to play?!?!

Inkidu

I'm actually worried about my current New Vegas game. Either no store to date (Mind that I'm only to Primm because I'm exploring everything that's not to the north of Goodsprings because that's "you're going to die if you go there" territory.) has had a single mod and I can usually get a varmint rifle silence or the .357 magnum cylinder or long barrel. I'm afraid it'll be another Obsidian esoteric glitch.

Tonalberry

Quote from: Inkidu on November 10, 2010, 01:23:08 PM
I'm actually worried about my current New Vegas game. Either no store to date (Mind that I'm only to Primm because I'm exploring everything that's not to the north of Goodsprings because that's "you're going to die if you go there" territory.) has had a single mod and I can usually get a varmint rifle silence or the .357 magnum cylinder or long barrel. I'm afraid it'll be another Obsidian esoteric glitch.

Huh, weird.  Usually, every time I've played, there's always been a mod of some kind in the Goodsprings general store at the start of the game.  most of the time, it's for a gun I don't have or won't use.

msa24680

Started Star Wars the Force Unleashed II last night...  eh...

Brandon

Inkidu if you want 3 days the store will refresh its inventory, getting new and different items in. So if youre looking for that one mod then it might take a few tries but youll eventually get it (I had to do that to get all my laser rifle mods)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: msa24680 on November 11, 2010, 10:38:18 AM
Started Star Wars the Force Unleashed II last night...  eh...

I've heard the story isn't good, but the Gameplay is.

Do do do..can't wait for SW:TOR...

I want to install Kotor on this computer, but I'm not sure if it will run with windows 7.

Inkidu

I wasn't really looking for mods. I mean I've already traded in the varmint rifle for it's superior big cousin the service rifle but I usually like me a pretty .357, especially in the early game.

Another thing, I understand why they put a bunch of stuff north of Good Springs, because it's to kick your ass and tell you go south. However, I've run into quite a few spots where giant radscorpions will swarm me by the dozens. Like right outside of Mojave Outpost. 

Brandon

Well I got my rental for black ops today and its just as broken and tedious as Modern warfare 2, perhaps more so. To bad I have to return it because I would really enjoy just throwing it into the garbage, right where it belongs. So once again we have a single player that can be started and finished on my lunch break and a broken multiplayer...Im going back to Battlefield: Bad company 2 now. It not as pretty, and its slower paced, but good god it is fun  ;D
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

And why, exactly, do you feel the Modern Warfare games are broken? Not calling you out, I just really don't get the hatred that's directed at Call of Duty, I swear people only feel this way because it's popular :/ No, seriously, if Black Ops just came out as a stand alone, unhyped title with no real history and preconceptions, no one would be this hard on it. 

Noxious

Brandon

Hard on it? Really? I was being nice with that...well to answer your question the first problem is the length of the single player campaign. I mentioned back when MW2 came out and with several halo games that a single player game should have at least 8-12 hours worth of gameplay to be listed at full price. My main complaints go to the multiplayer though. Just like MW2 many of the killstreaks are just completely cheap, overpowered, or both. With people earning kill streaks so fast it equates to a broken multiplayer that, for me, is less fun then watching paint dry. Granted some things were fixed like quickscoping but so much more was left the same that I just cant have fun with the game. Its boring, its tedious, and its frustrating.

Granted maybe I expect more out of it because I play battlefield so much. In battlefield it is not a run and gun game, but at the same time it rewards real teamwork, role playing, and critical thinking. CoD doesnt have that kind of stuff, its always the same thing of being stuck on a small map, running and gunning, with all sorts of overpowered weapons, perks, or both.

Sabby

I don't care about multiplayer, and if the campaign is like Modern Warfare 1 or 2 then the length complaint I also disagree with. Gimme a great 5 hour campaign over a 15 hour boring one. Anyone who says that the original Modern Warfare's campaign mode sucks have brain damage.

So, I still don't see anything broken, the only thing that annoys me if more a general gaming thing then a CoD thing. Gaming industry is leaning so heavily towards multiplayer these days it's only a beer away from fake falling mouth first on it's dick.

msa24680

Hmm... I enjoyed MW2's campaign... and the multi-player.  I tend to play more single-player games, but have definitely put my share of hours online with COD games and Halo.  HOWEVER, if you noticed that I posted YESTERDAY that I had just started playing The Force Unleashed 2... yeah, well... I finished it last night.  Granted, I've been off work on vacation, so I've played more, but still...  NO game should be able to be finished in 5 hours.  The ONLY silver lining in this is that I rented it and didn't buy it.