Magical Desktop?

Started by Xenphir, February 07, 2014, 10:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

Not really, but it's still strange. I log on to see that my icons are always in a different spot than I had left them, and I know it's not my family pranking me since sometimes I'll just log off, then back on and it still happens. Here are two pictures to show an example:

What it looked like last night: http://i57.tinypic.com/282okld.jpg
What it looked like this morning: http://i61.tinypic.com/157m6tv.jpg

Oreo

I noticed mine would sometimes do that when I played certain games. I think they had a different resolution size than my wide screen lappy.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Resolution might be part of it - is your Desktop set up to arrange by 'Date Modified', by any chance?  (Very pretty background, by the way.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Xenphir

I'm not sure how to check or even change that. (Thanks :D If I remember correctly that artist is Heise Jinyao)

Oniya

Right-click on the desktop and select 'Arrange Icons By>'

The resolution thing could account for the change from 9 in a column to 7, but I saw that the Notepad-ish icon shifted out of the basic order, which made me question the 'modified' possibility.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Xenphir

I don't have that. But I do have Sort By> but I think thats just a one time thing

Oniya

Is that set to 'Modified' or something similar?

Xenphir