New Justice! (A Future Justice League RP) (Recruitment currently closed)

Started by HeavenAbove, October 05, 2013, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: ladia2287 on October 08, 2013, 01:14:08 AM
If the group is Damien's idea, then why not set up a 'meet and greet' for them all, where he explains what the group's role will be and what he expects of them, and gives everyone a chance to get to know each other? Seems the most logical way to get the group going...

Good idea.  I think HeavenAbove likely means to do this at Bruce Wayne's funeral.

apygoos

how long a Damien been Batman then? or is he going to be just taking up the mantle with Bruce's death?
id imagine for that scene..most of the league would be present, i.e. Superman showing up AS superman, Ollie and Dinah, Kyle, John and Hal, Tim, Dick, Babs, Cassandra, Jason, Stephanie, Gordon if hes still alive. so many NPCs for that scene.

HeavenAbove

Well the original idea behind the League's reformation wasn't actually Damian's idea at all.

The way it will play out, is that Damian will be shown a secret file within the Bat Cave's computer system that has a bunch of sub files in it that contain all of the information on the other 'heroes and heroines' who Bruce had handpicked to reform as a 'new' justice league.

Since in all of his 'old age' wisdom, he foresaw the need for the Justice League to make a comeback.

Damian is reluctant at first, but eventually he gives in. (All of this takes place after Bruce's death)

So he sends word out to all of the 'potential' leaguers to meet up at the old Justice League headquarters on Earth. Which is where everyone as a whole group will get their first glimpses of what the league will be.

At least that's the idea I had in mind. If anyone wants to throw ideas on top of that. :)

EDIT:

The scene will take place after Bruce's funeral, yes.

Yes there will be a ton of NPC's all the funeral, most if not all of the old primary members of the Justice League (minus Ollie, since he was written off as being killed) BUT they don't have to be 'played' out, they could simply be mentioned in passing.

Damian doesn't take up the cowl until after the funeral. He will find an embedded video file in the Bat Cave that explains that in the event of Bruce's death or disappearance it is his wish that his son take up the role of Batman. Damian is again reluctant but he is coerced into it by Alfred (who has long since passed away, but was rebuilt as a form of A.I. similar to Tony Stark's Jarvis. Yet this Alfred A.I. is far superior and it's basically like having Alfred around without him physically being there.)

Hope that helps explain things.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: apygoos on October 08, 2013, 01:19:47 AM
how long a Damien been Batman then? or is he going to be just taking up the mantle with Bruce's death?
id imagine for that scene..most of the league would be present, i.e. Superman showing up AS superman, Ollie and Dinah, Kyle, John and Hal, Tim, Dick, Babs, Cassandra, Jason, Stephanie, Gordon if hes still alive. so many NPCs for that scene.

I've killed Ollie in my character's history, sorry.

AribethAmkiir

sorry for the double post.

Alfred is superior to Jarvis!?  hmmmm.....

ladia2287

Of course Alfred is superior to Jarvis! Alfred is awesome :)

:P

HeavenAbove

The artificial A.I. Alfred will be yes :P Because Bruce is incredibly rich and nostalgic and when Alfred passed away (which would be years ago in the story) part of Bruce died with him. So it was Bruce's way of keeping Wayne Manor and the Bat Cave alive.

apygoos

Quote from: HeavenAbove on October 08, 2013, 01:21:05 AM
Well the original idea behind the League's reformation wasn't actually Damian's idea at all.

The way it will play out, is that Damian will be shown a secret file within the Bat Cave's computer system that has a bunch of sub files in it that contain all of the information on the other 'heroes and heroines' who Bruce had handpicked to reform as a 'new' justice league.

Since in all of his 'old age' wisdom, he foresaw the need for the Justice League to make a comeback.

Damian is reluctant at first, but eventually he gives in. (All of this takes place after Bruce's death)

So he sends word out to all of the 'potential' leaguers to meet up at the old Justice League headquarters on Earth. Which is where everyone as a whole group will get their first glimpses of what the league will be.

At least that's the idea I had in mind. If anyone wants to throw ideas on top of that. :)

EDIT:

The scene will take place after Bruce's funeral, yes.

Yes there will be a ton of NPC's all the funeral, most if not all of the old primary members of the Justice League (minus Ollie, since he was written off as being killed) BUT they don't have to be 'played' out, they could simply be mentioned in passing.

Damian doesn't take up the cowl until after the funeral. He will find an embedded video file in the Bat Cave that explains that in the event of Bruce's death or disappearance it is his wish that his son take up the role of Batman. Damian is again reluctant but he is coerced into it by Alfred (who has long since passed away, but was rebuilt as a form of A.I. similar to Tony Stark's Jarvis. Yet this Alfred A.I. is far superior and it's basically like having Alfred around without him physically being there.)

Hope that helps explain things.
well think about it.
you dont need Alfred
the WHOLE batfamily is going to have their eyes on him. Superman would likely say the world needs Batman, you would do your old man Proud. Dick did it when Bruce dissapeared before, and trained you, now its your turn. I need to edit my history slightly to say they went to Bruce and asked him to train Skylar but he refused, noting that despite him still going out and being Batman, he is in no condition to train someone new [likely using something akin to the beyond suit at that point to assist his aged, battered, and brusied body.] no pressure Damian, no pressure at all.

ladia2287

Haha, I like your thinking apygoos. But Wayne Manor without Alfred? It would be a sacrilege in my opinion.

HeavenAbove

Very true, on both accounts.

The Alfred A.I. is more along the lines of intel/computer type things that Damian or the others need. That and for comfort because part of Damian grew to love Alfred.

Wayne Manor without Alfred... can't do it :P

apygoos

well yes, we can have Alfred around and about. but im saying to get Damian into the Batsuit lol. Dick was practically coerced into becoming batman as well. Despite Bruces direct orders to never do it. Tim and Alfred though really twisted the knife to do so though. that and a fresh kicked ass of Jason Todd who was trying to say HE was Batman...lol
I love battle for the Cowl..

HeavenAbove

That was one of the better story lines :P

Yeah Damian isn't entirely on board with the idea of becoming Batman but he will have some coercion from various angles/people.

ladia2287

I can picture Dick and Barbara trying to push him into taking a more active role in Alexa's training, as well. Especially as Damien is supposed to be an expert in martial arts, which is a weakness of Alexa's :)

No pressure at all Damien :P

apygoos

well keep in mind Alexa would likely have been receiving training form Dick, Babs and Tim. so shed be pretty good at this point. dont let Cripple Dick fool you.
*chants* ooc ooc ooc ooc

ladia2287

True, but a little extra tuition wouldn't hurt. And remember that she's been training in gymnastics and knife throwing a lot longer than she's been training in martial arts :)

Wajin

Quote from: HeavenAbove on October 08, 2013, 01:02:40 AM
Not all of them will be aware of each other.

Though you do have a good point. For instance. Damian will know Skylar and Alexa mostly because of his connection with Dick and Barbara.

Though a lot of the new members will be coming out of left field like Holly and Deirdre who come from super villain parents.

Yes they might know 'of' each other but not everyone will 'know' each other on a personal level. Most of the members will be meeting for the first time after the funeral of Bruce.

I am about to put up an OOC page for the group and a Character Sheet page for the group as well. I will need everyone to transfer their character sheet over to that page so we can keep track of everything in a nice and neat list.

Which reminds me. I need to do one for Damian :)

What you're saying is partly understandable, but still, if we look at it logically,Wally, Diana, Clark and Bruce all know each others true identities. And I feel pretty confident when I say that... I don't think they'd be so secretive as to keep their children from meeting, after all, they were all pretty much each other's only friends, just looking at it logically too, would you honestly have a teenager with superpowers talk to an adult with superpowers about been a teen with superpowers issues? would be more logical if they somehow knew each other... give them a place to vent their emotions and a place where they can talk freely about it
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on October 08, 2013, 01:54:54 AM
What you're saying is partly understandable, but still, if we look at it logically,Wally, Diana, Clark and Bruce all know each others true identities. And I feel pretty confident when I say that... I don't think they'd be so secretive as to keep their children from meeting, after all, they were all pretty much each other's only friends, just looking at it logically too, would you honestly have a teenager with superpowers talk to an adult with superpowers about been a teen with superpowers issues? would be more logical if they somehow knew each other... give them a place to vent their emotions and a place where they can talk freely about it

Good point.

I have to agree with Apygoos.  Let's open the OOC!

Batman4560

Yeah, this many Posts on an interest thread could really freak out someone.

ladia2287

All in favour of opening the OOC thread?

*raises hand* Aye! :)

Batman4560

HeavenAbove

AJD you do make a great point. I'm simply saying not EVERYONE is going to know each other. Though a lot of them will. I have no issue with that.

Name: Damian Wayne
Alias: Batman
Parents: Bruce Wayne & Talia Al Ghul
Powers/Abilities/Skills: One of the most skilled fighters in the world, he was trained by his mother Talia and the League of Assassins and also by Bruce to a great extent. There aren’t many in the world who can best him in hand to hand combat.
He can utilize any of the various tools and pieces of equipment at Batman’s disposal. Damian is also nearly undetectable as he can sneak in and out of places with a great deal of ease. A master of stealth.

Damian has picked up a lot of his detective skills from his father Bruce. Not on par with a lot of other veteran superheroes, but he is a fast learner and is quick to connect the dots.

Very business savvy. Damian knows how to conduct business much like his father did. Several years ago Bruce had brought Damian on as co-chair of Wayne Enterprises. He has an eye for business much like Bruce had.

Visual Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality: He was a snarky asshole growing up. Spending most of your young life around your psychotic mother will leave you with a jaded view of life. He can be sarcastic at times, but it’s not something he can really help. You have to really push past the bullshit and ‘tough man’ act that he puts up to really see that Damian does give a shit about people. He has slowly grown as a young man under the watchful eye of his father. Whereas he used to think loving someone made you weak, the love he had for Bruce made him realize that love was a strength, something to hold onto and not abuse. When he feels himself going into a state of anger, he tends to take a deep breath and count backwards in his head from ten. Therapy, it was Alfred’s idea.

History: Damian Wayne, the biological offspring of Bruce Wayne and Talia Al Ghul. He was raised for years without Bruce’s knowledge under his mother’s watchful eye. She trained him to be the perfect assassin. He was going to be the world’s deadliest killer, unrivaled in skill and wit. Bruce finally found out that he had a son and after a while, Damian eventually came to live with him and study under him. Bruce was constantly at war with Damian’s mother Talia. Damian eventually grew to admire and love Bruce when his father explained how much Talia had been poisoning her son’s mind for years. In more recent years the relationship with Bruce and Damian has strengthened. While at first Damian felt like an outsider in the Bat family, he now feels like it’s where he truly belongs.

Sexual Ons: D/s, Bondage, Rough Sex, Happy Sex, Oral, Anal (giving), etc.
Sexual Offs: Vore, Gore, Scat, etc.

And now that I have my character sheet posted. I will go make that OOC page :)

MzHyde

Are any of them actively fighting crime, though? Or do they only start going all hero after the league is formed?

Wajin

Quote from: MzHyde on October 08, 2013, 02:12:53 AM
Are any of them actively fighting crime, though? Or do they only start going all hero after the league is formed?

Well in my history I clearly stated that Elizabeth have been fighting crime for a while
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: MzHyde on October 08, 2013, 02:12:53 AM

Moira has been fighting crime for the last few years under the alias "Speedy" as Connor Hawke's sidekick.  I'll have Connor retire and allow Moira to take up the mantle of Green Arrow when the League forms.

HeavenAbove

You bring up a great point. The answer is yes! :)

It's the reason why Bruce had hand picked them, because he knew they could handle being put on a team to do what they were already doing as solo acts or with another hero.

ALSO is everyone alright with the threads being in the Non-Con area? It's not a requirement that everyone goes with Non-Con, we just thought it would be nice if certain people wanted to have that option that it was available to them.