It is a widely accepted fact that in most lawyer jokes.

Started by Inkidu, July 15, 2008, 09:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

lawyers go to hell. But I say this is impossible for it is a fact that if you put enough legal-minded people in one place with an infinate amount of time that they will find a loop hole, even in the Bible.  ;D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Overlord

Especially given the fact that the bible is riddled with more holes than a deluxe cheese grater...but that's a whole other topic.  ;D

Mathim

Well does anyone know a lawyer who ISN'T going to hell?

I seriously need to start writing my novel, the one that pokes fun at every viewpoint of religion and how ridiculous it all is.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on July 16, 2008, 11:02:54 PM
Especially given the fact that the bible is riddled with more holes than a deluxe cheese grater...but that's a whole other topic.  ;D
Yeah but it's pretty clear on the what gets you into hell and what doesn't section.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

jstarz

Quote from: Inkedu on July 18, 2008, 11:08:09 AM
Yeah but it's pretty clear on the what gets you into hell and what doesn't section.

But so are the sections in the law that says what gets you into prison and what gets you out...

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Mathim on July 17, 2008, 05:33:35 PM
Well does anyone know a lawyer who ISN'T going to hell?

I don't really believe in hell but if there were a hell and all the crap is true then I think that the lawyer, as much as he drives me crazy, that I work for isn't going to hell.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

The Overlord

Definitely not all lawyers; I've met some very decent ones in firms that do nothing but take on big business where it's gone corrupt and settle liability cases. Some of them do work for the light side of the Force, but there's others...oh yeah if there's a classical hell, they're going, and so are many of the douchebags they represent.

Sherona

Unfortunatly here in America Lawyers really do get a bad reputation for....doing their jobs. Criminal lawyers are looked poorly upon becuase they get 'murderers' off, they get 'rapists' off, but due to our own constitution everyone deserves a fair trial, that means it would be unethical for a lawyer to not do everything in their power on behalf of their client.

This goes the same in realty law, divorce law, anything which you would need to hire an attorney for. "Oh that mean old Lawyer, he dragged everything in my marriage out before the public and put everything in a bad light, misconstruing everything!!!" Yes this hurts, and yes this seems horrible...but its their jobs. When you are on the hot spot so to speak you would really be horrified to hear "well we could have won your case Mr <insert name here> but it just would have been plain rude of me to bring up your now ex-wife's affairs..."

Jefepato

I'm currently clerking in a law office.  The lawyers I work with aren't so bad, but I've already encountered plenty of lawyers who, if there's an afterlife, will be spending it roasting on a spit.