Justice League Unlimited RPG: Intrest Check

Started by VoluptuousVixen, April 25, 2019, 10:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Is there any room for a Martian Manhunter? And is there an overarching plot in mind by the GMs yet or are we winging it?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

I have an idea for a plot, I'll also be conferring with Vixen tonight.

Re Z L

Player Name: Re Z L
Superhero Identity: Super-Girl
Real Name: N/A (No given birth name, has adopted "Cali" as her name)
Height: 5' 9''
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Build: Athletic
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Base of Operations: Hawaii

Powers:

• Cloned Kryptonian Physiology:  She has the same physical make-up as other Kryptonians, though has significantly less time accumulating the radiation from a Yellow Sun which has left her much less physically strong than other Kryptonians, and has a much lower threshold due to the imperfect cloning process.

• Superhuman Strength:  Cali is strong enough to lift several tons.  Cars are easy for her to lift, whereas semi-trucks pose some difficulty for her.
    • Superhuman Durability:  Cali can withstand a great deal of force with little effect, ranging from minor explosions to physical force or falling from great heights.
    • Superhuman Agility:  Cali's mental and physical speed allows her to perform feats of agility that would normally be impossible.
    • Superhuman Speed:  Cali is able to move at exceptionally superhuman speeds, capable of sprinting at a couple hundred miles an hour.
    • Superhuman Stamina:  Cali can maintain peak physical exertion for an exceptionally long period of time without tiring.
    • Accelerated Healing:  Cali will naturally recover from any injury, illness, or other form of damage remarkably quickly.
    • Enhanced Senses:  Cali has preternaturally sharp senses of hearing and sight, including extremely detailed telescopic vision.
  • Tactile Telekinesis:  Cali's body is completely surrounded by an invisible field of telekinetic energy, protecting her from harm and enhancing her physical abilities.  Cali must be in physical contact with an object to exert this power over it (including hand-to-hand combat), though with effort she can extend this effect to anything touching a surface that she is also touching.

• Simulated Superhuman Strength:  Cali's "strength" is vastly increased by this power, putting her just below the traditional strength of Superman.  Furthermore, the objects that she lifts or holds onto is similarly affected by her telekinetic field such that they do not crumple or break under their own weight when she lifts them.
    • Flight:  Cali can use her telekinetic field to counteract the effect of gravity on her, allowing her a form of flight.  She can travel up to Mach 5 in this way.
    • Simulated Superhuman Durability/Invulnerability:  Cali's telekinetic sheath shields her from tremendous force, either physical or energy, giving her the appearance of being nearly invulnerable.
  • Latent Psionic Powers:  Cali also has undeveloped psionic abilities that are present, but not fully realized, including limited telepathy and the ability to learn languages through touch.

Weaknesses:

• Magic:  Magic naturally bypasses the Kryptonian resistances, leaving her equally vulnerable to it as any other normal human.
  • Kryptonite:  Cali's Kryptonian physiology is equally vulnerable to Kryptonite just like any other Kryptonian.
  • Red Sun Radiation:  Cali's powers are partially reliant on the radiation from a yellow sun, so prolonged exposure to red sun radiation, or even the absence of yellow sun radiation can leave her underpowered, or completely powerless.
  • Unconsciousness:  Cali's Tactile Telekinesis is largely used unconsciously, but while Cali is unconscious it cannot be used, leaving her much more vulnerable than she normally would be.

History:

Early on Project Cadmus had decided to try and obtain a "Superman" of their own, so they covertly collected what little of Superman's DNA as they could.  Following the Kryptonian invasion it became even more imperative that the cloning operation continue at an increased pace.  A number of subjects are created, until "Super-Girl" is created through a process of trial and error, filling the unknown genetic gaps with Human DNA.  The advanced maturation and education is briefly interrupted during the fight with Doomsday and Superman's subsequent death.  The interruption of her development causes her to wake up prior to her final indoctrination process.  Cadmus's distraction with the Suicide Squad delayed some response to Super-Girl's awakening, which was enough time for the confused, super-powered woman to break out of the facility.

Her first stop was to Metropolis, which she began to explore to find some clue about her origin.  While she had an advanced high-school education imprinted into her mind, and a general knowledge of the world, she had no knowledge of her real history, and the only clue she had was the red and blue suit she had woken up with that had a highly stylized "S" on it.  It didn't take long for her to discover old articles about Superman, and videos she could watch.  Unfortunately the lead only took her to a memorial that was erected following Superman's death.  Deciding that she was somehow related to the fallen hero, she took up the old mantle that had been left behind, though she continued the legacy with her own particular attitude and panache.  Charming and charismatic, she quickly rose to a level of fame that she was perhaps not entirely ready for.

She began to become more enamoured with her own fame than she was with necessarily helping people--though helping them was a means to an end.  It wasn't until some normal humans had died in a botched rescue attempt that she spent a great deal of time thinking back on herself and her actions.  She decided that it would be best if she left Metropolis and find somewhere that she could start over anew.  She moved from the East Coast to the West Coast, lingering in California for a time.  It was there that she adopted the name "Cali" so she could fit in with normal society.  Eventually she left California and decided to stay in Hawaii.  Superman had returned at that point, but she decided it would probably be best to just avoid him for now, there were just too many questions that she couldn't answer, and she didn't want to have to face her mistakes in Metropolis just yet.

It was difficult to get any steady work, but she eventually began working as a freelance photographer on the islands, giving her a minor identity away from "Super-Girl" and allowing her to interact with people outside of her superhero persona.

Equipment:  Leather Jacket, Super-Girl Suit, Surfboard

Relationships:  None presently

Appearance:

A&A

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Re Z L on April 27, 2019, 08:59:36 PM
Still figuring out the history right now, but here's the start of it.  ;D

Player Name: Re Z L
Superhero Identity: Super-Girl
Real Name: N/A (No given birth name, has adopted "Cali" as her name)
Height: 5' 9''
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Build: Athletic
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Base of Operations: Hawaii

Powers:

• Cloned Kryptonian Physiology:  She has the same physical make-up as other Kryptonians, though has significantly less time accumulating the radiation from a Yellow Sun which has left her much less physically strong than other Kryptonians, and has a much lower threshold due to the imperfect cloning process.

• Superhuman Strength:  Cali is strong enough to lift several tons.  Cars are easy for her to lift, whereas semi-trucks pose some difficulty for her.
    • Superhuman Durability:  Cali can withstand a great deal of force with little effect, ranging from minor explosions to physical force or falling from great heights.
    • Superhuman Agility:  Cali's mental and physical speed allows her to perform feats of agility that would normally be impossible.
    • Superhuman Speed:  Cali is able to move at exceptionally superhuman speeds, capable of sprinting at a couple hundred miles an hour.
    • Superhuman Stamina:  Cali can maintain peak physical exertion for an exceptionally long period of time without tiring.
    • Accelerated Healing:  Cali will naturally recover from any injury, illness, or other form of damage remarkably quickly.
  • Tactile Telekinesis:  Cali's body is completely surrounded by an invisible field of telekinetic energy, protecting her from harm and enhancing her physical abilities.  Cali must be in physical contact with an object to exert this power over it (including hand-to-hand combat), though with effort she can extend this effect to anything touching a surface that she is also touching.

• Simulated Superhuman Strength:  Cali's "strength" is vastly increased by this power, putting her just below the traditional strength of Superman.  Furthermore, the objects that she lifts or holds onto is similarly affected by her telekinetic field such that they do not crumple or break under their own weight when she lifts them.
    • Flight:  Cali can use her telekinetic field to counteract the effect of gravity on her, allowing her a form of flight.  She can travel up to Mach 5 in this way.
    • Simulated Superhuman Durability/Invulnerability:  Cali's telekinetic sheath shields her from tremendous force, either physical or energy, giving her the appearance of being nearly invulnerable.
  • Latent Psionic Powers:  Cali also has undeveloped psionic abilities that are present, but not fully realized, including limited telepathy and the ability to learn languages through touch.

Weaknesses:

• Magic:  Magic naturally bypasses the Kryptonian resistances, leaving her equally vulnerable to it as any other normal human.
  • Kryptonite:  Cali's Kryptonian physiology is equally vulnerable to Kryptonite just like any other Kryptonian.
  • Red Sun Radiation:  Cali's powers are partially reliant on the radiation from a yellow sun, so prolonged exposure to red sun radiation, or even the absence of yellow sun radiation can leave her underpowered, or completely powerless.
  • Unconsciousness:  Cali's Tactile Telekinesis is largely used unconsciously, but while Cali is unconscious it cannot be used, leaving her much more vulnerable than she normally would be.

History:

Equipment:  Leather Jacket, Super-Girl Suit, Surfboard

Relationships:  None presently

Appearance:

It's looking really really good! Curious about how you go with the history side of things. Do we have anyone thinking on playing Clark yet?

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 27, 2019, 09:35:01 PM
It's looking really really good! Curious about how you go with the history side of things. Do we have anyone thinking on playing Clark yet?

If no one else wants the cape and tights, I'll take Supes. Just throwing it out there.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

I can play him as well but will leave it open if someone does want him.

Mathim

Cool, I'd rather play as J'onn J'onzz anyway.

Norsegod1839

Sounds good! I more than likely will play Supes as an NPC character if it comes to that.

Mathim

Can't wait to hear what kind of story framework we're working with. I kind of want to hear about that before I work on my character history.

Norsegod1839

I talked to Vixen about that today. We threw around some ideas but my thought was primarily in regards to a organization like the Light.

I don't want to get to big into spoilers that might or might not happen but I would love to throw up something akin to what the Dark Avenger did. So like a Lex Luthor setting it up so the league is on the outs and outs and making a Luthor League.

Tentative at least to what I am thinking. I really dislike Batman V Superman and Justice League so while we're setting it sort of in the movie universe I know at least for me there is going to be a ton of steering away from that.

Mathim

Or maybe something like what the Light did at the end of Young Justice season 1, where they took over most of the League and controlled them to cause havoc? If they were attacking Earth rather than going off into space to cause trouble, maybe that would turn the public against them even if it wasn't their fault? Or at least give the governments of the world strong reason to support an anti-JL measure like Cadmus as a contingency against them if they ever got out of control again.

VoluptuousVixen

Bare In mind we are merging the comicverse with a timeline from the movies, the reason were using the movie timeline is tbh most of us have seen all the DC movies and it makes it easer that we are singing off the same sheet. But we can expand and incorporate stuff from the comics and cartoons.

So the NEW league members will be Green Lantern, Sueprgirl, Martian Manhunter, all of whom have been vetted by the current League

Norsegod1839

Something like the light mind controlling them to go do some destructive things is entirely possible. Though I hesitate on that one cause it would mean our characters being mind controlled. It's still entirely possible though. I was thinking as well some manufactured crises's that made the league look bad as well.

Re Z L

Think I'm all done...  Let me know if it doesn't jive with what you all have envisioned, I can tweak things easily enough I think.  ;D
A&A

mainsnoires

Player Name: Mainsnoires

Real Name: Arthur Curry, Aquaman, King Arthur, King of Atlantis, Protector of the Oceans, Commander of the Seas
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (Straight)
Species: Atlantean/human Hybrid

Base of Operations: Amnesty Bay (Maine, USA), Atlantis

Powers:
Highborn Atlantean-Human Hybrid Physiology:
Due to his half-Atlantean high-born heritage, Aquaman has incredible superhuman abilities, that surpass most other Atlanteans, deemed as the most developed traits of all Atlanteans, with only other high-born Atlanteans equaling his genetic attributes. He is also one of the most powerful members of the Justice League, only surpassed by Superman and possibly Wonder Woman. He is also the only member to technically be "both a human and a god."
Newspapers collected by Doctor Stephen Shin refer to Aquaman as the "Underwater Superman."

Superhuman Strength:
Arthur possesses a considerable superhuman strength, which almost rivals that of Wonder Woman. Arthur's incredible strength allowed him to easily master other creatures such as other trained elite humans, other Atlanteans, Parademons and Trench monsters. The immense strength of Aquaman is only surpassed or equaled by Steppenwolf, Karathen, Wonder Woman, Orm and Superman.

Superhuman Durability:
Aquaman possesses incredible physical durability, including resistance to sharp blades, powerful explosions, falling from great heights, explosions of hand grenades, low-caliber bullets and tremendous pressures underwater. Aquaman also resisted numerous blows from his stepbrother Orm, Black Manta, and the Men-of-War soldiers, the New God Steppenwolf, the monstrous Karathen, and even a blow from the resurrected Superman himself.
However, Aquaman is not immune to high-caliber bullets and is vulnerable to extreme heat.

Regenerative Healing Factor:
Aquaman can heal from wounds at considerable superhuman rates, quicker than most other Atlanteans, it only requires a few hours to fully heal with no signs of lingering damage.

Superhuman Speed:
While in water, Aquaman can generate an immense propulsive force, allowing him to swim at very high speeds of at least Mach 4.6, This propulsion is strong enough that it can cause a "sonic boom" effect. Aquaman is superhumanly fast on land as well.

Superhuman Reflexes:
While not on par with the likes of Flash and Superman, Aquaman's reflexes are still superhuman. He can catch a quindent thrown at him moments before it hit him, catch enemy blades swung at him, and dodge bullets at point-blank range.

Superhuman Agility:
Aquaman has a superhuman level of agility and coordination, able to dodge vicious attacks from skilled warriors like Steppenwolf, Orm, and Black Manta with great efficiency and still maintain enough control to counterattack. This also lets him support himself on speeding vehicles like the Batmobile.

Superhuman Stamina:
Aquaman is able to endure prolonged battles and adventures without tiring.

Superhuman Senses: Aquaman possesses enhanced senses to help him better navigate underwater.

• Enhanced Vision: Aquaman's vision lets him see in the darker environment of the sea, as his eyes reflect all available light, giving them a distinct sheen in darkness.
  • Amphibious Adaptation: As a high-born half-Atlantean, Aquaman can survive both on land and in underwater environments for as along he desires with no hindrance to his performance, unlike most Atlanteans.
  • Aquatic Respiration: Due to his high-born Atlantean heritage, Aquaman is able to breathe both on lands and underwater, thereby meriting his superhero nickname. This also allows him to clearly talk underwater with others as if he was above water.

Marine Telepathy:
Aquaman is able to telepathically interact with sea life, and induce them to ally with him, causing his eyes to glow golden. Indeed, according to the Karathen, Aquaman is the first Atlantean since Atlan himself to possess this ability. After gaining the Atlan's Trident, Aquaman's powers of marine communication were boosted, granting him control over every oceanic creature on Earth. It even allowed him to persuade the Karathen to battle alongside him in the Kingdom of the Brine.

Hydrokinesis:
Aquaman, as the heir of Atlan, can control water, though he was less precise in this ability than Mera as he requires an Atlantean polearm to better channel it. After claiming the Atlan's Trident, Aquaman's control of water was considerably increased to allow him to generate and control massive tidal waves.

Gifted Intelligence:
In contrast to his loutish personality, Arthur is well versed in the finer arts of knowledge and literature. His father had taught him many of the fundamental historical facts of human history as he was growing up, as well as learning more and more about the world and it's various items of intrigue along his travels across the globe with Vulko as well as his own experiences.

• Expert Literarian: Aquaman is well-read and occasionally refers to works of literature, such as Friedrich Schiller's William Tell to Batman ("Strong man is strongest alone."), Herman Melville's Moby Dick to an Icelandic fisherman ("Whiskey. And one for Ahab there."), and one of Jules Verne's poems when describing the extremely unlikelihood of his parents' relationship ("Put two ships in the open sea without wind or tide, they will come together.").
  • Multilingualism: Aquaman is fluent in various dialects ranging to English, Icelandic, Russian, Maori, Spanish, and Italian.

Master Combatant:
Having been trained by Vulko from a very young age, Aquaman is an extremely skilled fighter, both in armed combat and melee, whether it be above or in water. However, Vulko noted that Aquaman's years of surface combat have dulled his water combat prowess, making him less capable in such combat.

Trident Mastery:
Having been trained by Vulko, Aquaman has become extremely skilled in battling with a trident. As per Vulko's training, Aquaman can employ a rare combat move, performing a rapidly-spinning with his trident so fiercely that it became a blur, which upon doing so will repel all attacks attempting to penetrate this trident defense.

Sword Mastery:
While Aquaman rarely uses swords in combat, he was trained by Vulko to be an exceptionally skilled swordsman. With his skill, Aquaman was able to seamlessly disarm a Man-of-War soldier of the latter's sword and used the sword to defeat him and the other attack soldiers.

Expert Marksman:
With his quindent, Aquaman has immensely proficient marksmanship.

Master Swimmer:
Aquaman, like all Atlanteans, is an extremely skilled swimmer, though Vulko had to train him to swim like an Atlantean as well, with Arthur thus learning to quickly propel himself from water, like a dolphin.

Equipment:
Atlan's Trident:
Arthur currently possesses the Atlan's Trident as the new ruler of the underwater kingdom, Atlantis. The Trident beholds a vast number of magical powers such as the power to command the sea (making tidal waves or whirlpools or even making columns of water to stand on), control the weather (summoning rain or storms or creating rainbows), unleash blasts of lightning.

Aquaman's Suit: After having found the Atlan's Trident, Arthur took the attire of Atlan, as the new bearer of the trident. This suit includes pants, boots and green gloves and the shirt that covers the chest and abs of bright golden color. Later, he started using the suit as his heroic alter-ego, "Aquaman".

History:
Arthur Curry was born on January 29, 1986, (though ARGUS lists his birthdate as January 29, 1979)[2] to Thomas Curry, a lighthouse keeper in Amnesty Bay, and Atlanna, the queen of Atlantis. When Arthur was still a child, their home was attacked by royal guards sent to bring Atlanna back so that she could marry King Orvax. While Atlanna managed to fight them off she realized she had to return to her home and leave him and his father in order to keep them both safe. Before she left, she imparted Arthur her quindent as her legacy, believing him to be the key to uniting the Atlanteans and humans one day.

This heritage caused Arthur to grow up with incredible powers, including the ability to breathe underwater. However, Arthur's ignorance regarding how to handle these Atlantean powers induced him to become very conflicted, and somewhat reserved, with internal struggles.
When he was 13, Arthur was approached by Vulko, the Chief Advisor to the King of Atlantis, and began to train him in unlocking his Atlantean abilities so that one day Arthur could take his place as the rightful ruler of Atlantis.

Personality:

Arthur hides his insecurities and troubled past behind a tough intimidating attitude, choosing to alienate himself from others and almost never showing any sympathy towards anyone. However, he can be more relaxed and friendly around those he trusts and is close to, such as his father and Mera.

Despite his somewhat gloomy and fearsome exterior, however, Arthur is ultimately a selfless and compassionate person, indicated by him frequenting an Icelandic fishing village during the winter in order to feed its hungry inhabitants with fish. He is later seen saving an unconscious fisherman found along the shore, bringing him into the shelter of a local pub in the village. However, he casually shrugged it off by stating that his drinks would be on the fisherman. He also notably made it his priority to keep the innocent civilians of Sicily out of harm's way when fighting Black Manta. Arthur also showed compassion towards his half-brother Orm, whom he refused to kill despite the multiple atrocious actions Orm had committed. He also showed guilt over letting David Kane's father die and leading him to become the Black Manta.

Relationships:
Family:
Atlan - Ancestor
Thomas Curry – Father
Atlanna – Mother
Orm Marius/Ocean Master – Half-Brother and Rival
Allies:

Atlantis
Mera - Ally
Nuidis Vulko – Mentor, Protector, Friend and Adviser
Men-of-War - Enemies turned Subjects

Justice League – Teammates
Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman – Friend
Bruce Wayne/Batman – Friend
Diana/Diana Prince/Wonder Woman – Friend
Barry Allen/Flash – Friend
Victor Stone/Cyborg - Friend

Alfred Pennyworth
Karathen - Attempted Killer turned Ally
Kingdom of Xebel: Nereus - Enemy turned Subject
Kingdom of the Fishermen: Scales - Enemy turned Subject
Trench - Enemies turned Subjects

Appearance:

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 28, 2019, 11:42:43 AM
Something like the light mind controlling them to go do some destructive things is entirely possible. Though I hesitate on that one cause it would mean our characters being mind controlled. It's still entirely possible though. I was thinking as well some manufactured crises's that made the league look bad as well.

Given how Supes thrashed the rest of the League when he was revived, what if a similar situation happened where he may have been manipulated or otherwise controlled (alone) and only the psionic intervention of J'onn was able to bring him back down? Then the prospect of an out of control Superman really would have been something the world would have reason to fear, generating the motivation and funding for a countermeasure to him and the League, without it being too great of a crisis like half or more of the League falling under it?

Norsegod1839

I could see that. It MIGHT also be that Super Girl comes in holds down Superman long enough for J'onn to use his mind control whammy on Superman

This puts Luthor in a good position with his clone Super Girl who could beat actual Superman. Shortly after Super Girl could find out she her self has been brainwashing and some programmed shit put into her head. She flees to the now defunct league just as Lex' League takes control.

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 28, 2019, 06:49:00 PM
I could see that. It MIGHT also be that Super Girl comes in holds down Superman long enough for J'onn to use his mind control whammy on Superman

This puts Luthor in a good position with his clone Super Girl who could beat actual Superman. Shortly after Super Girl could find out she her self has been brainwashing and some programmed shit put into her head. She flees to the now defunct league just as Lex' League takes control.

I was hoping for something more one-on-one where it would justify Superman's shortlist of people he wouldn't want to fight, and J'onn being one of those few on it.

Norsegod1839

I suppose Super Girl could try and contain the rest of the league but I think thats the best storyline. To have Super Girl appear that way. I'll check with Re but I think we could have her contain the rest of the league while you mind whammy Superman.

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 28, 2019, 07:09:33 PM
I suppose Super Girl could try and contain the rest of the league but I think thats the best storyline. To have Super Girl appear that way. I'll check with Re but I think we could have her contain the rest of the league while you mind whammy Superman.

What I was suggesting was just Superman would fall under some kind of mind control (Brainiac maybe?) and the rest of the League, which we've already seen can't stop him even as a group, would then need some outside intervention and that would be the time for J'onn to reveal himself to the world, and given the circumstances, volunteer to be inducted into the League.

Norsegod1839

Which is fine, Superman can be the only one to fall under it. However the rest of the league will still try and stop him.

They can keep failing leading to J'onn coming in and revealing himself but if say Luthor wanted to put the whole league in a bad light everyone has to be seen in the wrong. Supergirl can be dispatched by he to contain them all tries to detain the rest of the league before Superman leading to J'onn stopping Superman.

PurpleJesus

I think it would be best if John were kept AWAY from the entire supe ordeal, or atleast appear in a limited function due to his ring being a game breaker. If we're being serious here, a properly written green lantern would be enough to handle the situation, and I don't think it be right to job John and the rest of the team out to make Superman look better like what was already established in the Justice League movie.

Norsegod1839

It could also be a case Purple that he goes to the government because of his past as a marine. They might try and put him with the Luthor League but he is... against that.

VoluptuousVixen

Guys just so know il also be claming PowerGirl/Karen Starr at some point, but she wont be a hero (at first)

Mathim

Quote from: PurpleJesus on April 28, 2019, 07:53:43 PM
I think it would be best if John were kept AWAY from the entire supe ordeal, or at least appear in a limited function due to his ring being a game breaker. If we're being serious here, a properly written green lantern would be enough to handle the situation, and I don't think it be right to job John and the rest of the team out to make Superman look better like what was already established in the Justice League movie.

It might actually be kind of interesting to see a few more 'alien' (the Ring, not John Stewart) hard-hitters show up and help save the day since apart from originally just Superman, the rest of the League is from Earth. J'onn would have to finally come out from being undercover, just trying to blend in and not interfere too much with Earth society, but realizing he can't ignore the responsibility of someone with his power, steps in and hopes for the best. Also I just watched The Death of Superman animated movie the other day and, when he's going all-out, it should only take a couple of punches for Supes to bust through a barrier from a Green Lantern Ring. So if the Lantern and Manhunter tag-teamed Supes, the former could slow him down and the latter could mind-blast him to get Supes back to normal.