Hmm...O_o..What is the difference between Visa and Mastercard...

Started by Wolfy, September 25, 2010, 07:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

All the time, I see places that they "No Visa" or "No Mastercard"...but I've always wondered..why? O-o...Aren't they the same thing, I.E. Credit Cards? Why is one credit better or worse than the other? O-o

Ket

When you purchase something using a credit card from a merchant, the credit card company charges them a percentage of the purchase price as a fee. That's why many places will not accept American Express, because they charge the largest fee of them all.

So it all depends upon the rate the merchant is able to get from the credit card company. If they don't like the rate, they won't accept the card.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Wolfy

Ooh...o3o...Thanks Ket...I've always wondered about this. O_o

Jeramiahh

It's the same reason why some doctors won't accept some insurances; in order to accept an insurance, the doctor has to have a contract with the insurance, and some of the contracts can be pretty... one-sided.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Serephino

I don't think I've ever seen a place that only accepts one or the other, but they are two different companies.  I know Visa usually gives out lower interest rates for some reason.  The tattoo artist I went to accepts plastic, but charges you whatever fee they charge him for the privilege of doing business with them.  It's really stupid if you ask me.