Tales of Might and Magic: Heroes{Pathfinder}{Full}

Started by Eternal Blade, June 22, 2011, 05:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 23, 2011, 02:47:08 PM
Leigh Glenfey
Human Alchemist 5

Leigh grew up amidst magic, her mother is the head conjurer in the school of magic that her family lived in. Her father was a mage-smith, gifted in the crafting of many magic items and taught the ways of creating magical trinkets and minor magics weapons and arms. She grew up among the tomes of magic and disciplines of magic that ran the gauntlet. She grew up and quickly discovered her gift for alchemy, both the minor art of potion making and the major art/science of true Alchemy.
Working hard she learned what she could from the school's libraries while persuading her parents to apprentice her with an Alchemist in a nearby town when she was twelve. By age fifteenth, she was an accomplished journeyman and skilled merchant as well. She was gifted in understanding how both extracts and potions worked with the body. She did some time in a local temple to learn healing skills as well.
Between her gifts in Alchemy, stock pile of potions, and quick wits she developed a reputation as a person to have around. She has taken up adventuring as a way to supplement her income and to expand her horizons. She enjoys being an adventurer as it lets her shape the way things go and cut loose in ways she can't when she is in the workshop or at her parent's school.
Thanks to her father's gifts of a quiver and hip-pack she has most anything at hand that might be needed.
I would have normally just asked for transparency with the character, which I still will, but you didn't ask for use of the feats, magic items, and spells you listed down. I'll go over the rest of the character when you make it easy for me to find what you have and from which class/race/character trait you get it from.

As for having not asked me for use of the items from the APG and adventurers armory. One of those books I'm not even allowing in, and the other is a by request. Unless you can explain to me why they are integral to your character, I'm not allowing those in.
Quote from: Isengrad on June 23, 2011, 01:44:01 PM
The Mad Bomber

The man that would one day be known as "The Mad bomber" was born the only son of a single human mother and the forgotten offspring of a traveling Elven bard. Even in the most welcoming and understanding of communities a half elf can(and usually is) looked at and treated like a bastardization of the races. Most of the other children would shy away from him, make fun of his ears or his slighter frame. He used books as a mean to escape from the realities of his life. Countless hours would be spent reading anything he could get his hands on. It was at an early age he developed a taste for learning about both the natural world and the mystical arts, particularly how the two could work together.While the rest of his peers were out in the sun light working their bodies to exhaustion, Tyden was locked away in his own little world..expanding his mind as best he could. His natural intelligence lent well to the study of all things that piqued his interest. He would often visit the local apothecary, learning what ever he could. It was a few years before he realized he was reading the same books over again, that his trips to the apothecary were becoming less stimulating and more boring. He needed more, wanted more knowledge. As soon as he was of age he set out with a group of traveling merchants, paying his way with his knowledge and the skills he acquired through his long study.

Still young (for a half elf), Tyden found himself absolutely excited to be traveling with the merchants. With them he was able to see and study anyplace they went. It was on this first journey that he found his true interest.. alchemy, a science to some and a mystical art to other. He poured himself into any book he could get his hands on, asking questions of any who knew about the craft. Much to his disappointment he found that most held alchemy as a hobby rather then as a way of life. Eventually there came a time when he felt he no longer benefited from traveling with the merchants. With a thank you and a fond farewell the still sane boy left them. He took up resident within the walls of an expansive city-state, there he enrolled in a magical college. happy he was to find true alchemists, to discover that the so called hobby held much more then just what was presented in the outside world. Years passed in there, many a night he could remember an experiment going awry (hell for one whole month he had no eyebrows). Some say the experiments are what caused him to eventually lose a hold on sanity a bit, though if you ask Tyden himself if he is mad his response would be a soft smile and only the word "Slightly". Eventually he had squeezed all the information he could from his professors and from the books and grimoire found in the library. Once again, he would thank those that helped him along his path and took his leave.. this time out into the world.

Years passed as he explored the world around him, following any trace of information he could. He would scour through ancient libraries. Seek out collectors of strange and esoteric knowledge and ask 9or buy0 permission to study it. It came to be that if you were searching for him, you could usually find him at a table in the back of a tavern with scrolls and books strewn about it. Him hunched over and reading them by candle light as he seamed to mutter in a mixture of seven different languages and jot down strange notes and mathematical formula in a battered leather bound journal of sorts. The quest for knowledge itself was wonderful, but after one such instant he found himself badly wounded. Unable to even get out of bed, His feverish dreams dotted by moments of crystal clear lucidity and borderline madness. What if their was a way to speed the bodies rate of healing, to render even the deadliest of wounds into a mere scratch in just a few moments. The general search for knowledge had turned into a goal, a quest to redefine his very being. It was after this moment that he earned the title the mad bomber, his personal quest took him into the heart of danger to find even a shred of information he could use. His path littered with scorched earth and echoing with the blasts of his bombs and alchemical creations. To accomplish his goal he knew he would need more then just madness: he would need patience, funds, and companions.

(well, there he is. I tried everywhere i could think of to find a decent half elf picture for the alchemist. I settled on the picture on the srd.. though i think that's actually a full elf.If anyone knows or finds a better picture I could use please let me know.)
I would have normally been asking the same from you as I was of Callie, seeing as you both made some of the same mistakes, but then your character is obviously not made for the game and thus I didn't even read his back-story. He's neutral, and this is a game for goodly characters. Sorry but if you want to play a character that doesn't care, I think this is really not the game for you.
Quote from: Shihong on June 23, 2011, 02:38:37 AM
Two characters for your consideration.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Vik Phelan

Despite what some might insist, not every half orc child is the product of an unwilling human mother.  Vik, his older brothers, and his younger sister were born in a seaside city by the union of Hagrush and Melissa Phelan.  The former was an outcast and a pugilist of some renown, the latter a cobbler as her father and mother before her.  Though not without hardship and controversy, theirs was a loving relationship with few troubles.

At least not marital ones.  Money was always tight in such a large family, and by the time little Opal was born they had been stretched pretty thin indeed.  Hagrush participated in backalley brawls for coin whenever he could, setting a precedent that his three sons would eventually follow in their own way.  He died not long after Vik turned seventeen, finally taken down by a half-ogre foreigner, and the three were forced to delay their morning to come up with a plan to support their mother and sister. 

They started small, taking bets on cockfights down by the wharfs.  While Mik and Rik provided the brawn with their thicker orcish blood, Vik used his considerable talents as a showman to rile up onlookers and keep the crowds entertained between fights.  Eventually it turned to dog fighting, and more exotic fare when shipments came in from far off lands.  Vik grew accustomed to the feel of a whip in one hand and a net in the other, keeping the wild beasts at each other's throats instead of those of the audience. 

But even he had his limits.  Though they were making more than enough to keep the family afloat, his brothers had gotten caught up in the glory and gold of their little fighting racket.  When Vik caught wind that they were bringing slaves into the mix, he damn near tore their heads off with words alone.  He threatened to take his mother and sister away for even contemplating such a thing, the pain of losing a father to such fights still fresh in his memory after several long years. 

A costly mistake, and one that he has yet to live down.  Though bound by blood that was no light threat to make, and the two beat him down and tossed him out on his rear end.  Orc blood, no matter how thin, always runs red hot, and they promised worse if he dared to show his face in town again. 

Vik took his things from the house and ran, avoiding his mother and sister out of shame and weakness.  He's been on the road ever since, aimless and looking for something he cannot quite put a name to.  The man has grown much since those days, though still rough around the edges.  Returning home is not a journey he looks forward to.  Thankfully for him, and there's always another convenient distraction or perilous quest to keep his mind off such things, for better or for worse.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Magnus Arvidsson:

Magnus was born the son of a butcher and a baker, but those days are long behind him.  As a child he lived in a city plagued by the twin demons of Vice and Cruelty, seeing with his own young eyes the injustices that man could visit upon his fellow man.  But he was a sturdy lad, strong of body and of mind, and upon those who would harm his friends he unleashed a cold and terrible wrath.

The flaxen-haired man seemed completely out of place in such a dirty, dour environment.  He put his brawn to good use serving as a city guardsman, but if anything it only made him even more aware of the foulness that could corrupt a man's heart and twist his desires into something altogether ugly.  He saved every silver piece he had over the course of ten years, convinced his parents to pack up their little shop, and went south in search of a place that did not reek with the heady stench of human effluence. 

It was in the town of Widow's Pasture that their search finally came to an end.  Magnus bought some property and land for both him and his parents to live comfortably.  The people were simple here, but it was an honest sort that spoke of a pure life.  The bitter taste that so often soured his tongue was absent here, and for the first time he was able to smile and enjoy himself without fear of cutpurses or thugs. 

It was here also that he met his wife-to-be, a traveler named Cheryl.  She was a wandering cleric of Iomedae, the Goddess of Valor, and as such they shared similar sensibilities.  Before him her stern demeanor seemed to just melt away, and the two shared many long days and nights together.  When at last she departed, he went with her and left his old house to his parents for safekeeping.

Magnus and Cheryl's adventurers are too numerous to recount in full, but after five years of travel they finally returned to Widow's Pasture.  She was with child, and neither wanted to risk this new life to the perils they had faced abroad. 

And so Pernilla Magnusdotter was born, a heavy child that grew up as fast and as strong as her father and as tenacious as her mother. 

Alas, as is so commonplace in such tales, a happy ending was not yet in sight.  It would have to be earned through tragedy and loss, if it was to be earned at all.  A band of brigands, thinking the sleepy little community an easy target, beset Widow's Pasture with poisoned blades and flaming arrows.  They were surprised by the ferocity of its protectors, but were quick to focus all of their attentions on the man and the woman that were cutting them down like wheat before a scythe.  Cheryl was struck down by a poisoned stroke to the liver towards the end of the battle, and though Magnus slaughtered the bandits down to the very last he was not quick enough to save his wife.  He lacked the divine arts that she wielded with such ease, and was at a loss to purge the poison from her blood. 

So Magnus Arvidsson, citizen of Widow's Pasture, became a widower.

He remained only for a short while thereafter, just long enough to get the town back on its feet and fix the damages from the raid.  Pernilla was nine years old then, old enough to mourn the loss alongside her father.  He could not bear to face her, casting blame upon himself as the bereaved are wont to do.  He left her with his parents, and the two made a pact to keep in contact through letters.  She did not quite understand why he had to leave, but she understood the importance. 

That was three years ago.  Since then Magnus has joined the order of Iomedae, imbuing his very soul with the virtues that he had always preached.  He does not know the true nature of the foulness that sickens the minds and bodies of mankind, but with every ounce of his strength he will carve the evil from the world until he can assure the safety of his daughter. 

Shihong, your character need some work.

For one I think I might get sick just roleplaying with them, I don't know why you like disgusting pictures, but I don't want to deal with that sort of thing in roleplay. I have to deal with truly ugly people at times in RL, and don't want it invading my fiction.

Your characters haven't been added up correctly in a number of ways, including attack bonus, and I think Vik is using non core ammunition for his arrows. In fact I'm seeing equipment that isn't even from the APG in his CS.  I'm not a fan at how over 75% of Magnus's character wealth went into one suit of armor, which in my opinion weakened him severely.

I'm also not terribly impressed by class to story with your characters, both of them. Magnus seems like he should be a fighter, and Vik seems like a rogue to me.

I'm not sure this is the game for you, but if you want to try to work your character in anyway, some changes will have to be made. First, you'll need to change the pictures, both of these characters have tremendous charisma scores, so it makes absolutely no sense, unless you are saying they are just so hideous that they are truly terrifying to others. In either case, I'm not letting the characters in on pictures alone. After that, work over your equipment to make it easier to sift through. You have a few items from other sources that you need to ditch, and I would prefer if Magnus was more balanced on his equipment.

Callie Del Noire

Bugger..forgot to toggle the Adventurer's armory off my defaults.. forgot all the good stuff for alchemists was on it.. I'll go back through tomorrow and delete all the stuff from it.

Update. Took the APG feats out, (got to find what to do with 3 of them), took the alchemy stuff from APG/Adventurer's Armory and the extract

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 24, 2011, 12:18:51 AM
Bugger..forgot to toggle the Adventurer's armory off my defaults.. forgot all the good stuff for alchemists was on it.. I'll go back through tomorrow and delete all the stuff from it.

Update. Took the APG feats out, (got to find what to do with 3 of them), took the alchemy stuff from APG/Adventurer's Armory and the extract
Take the time to ask me in the future, besides it doesn't look like this is gonna take off too quickly. I have one very crucial party role to fill. I know no one is going to be happy if we can't get a character in to glue the party back together and buff them up for those tough battles.

Isengrad

hm, you use the same gods for this world as the core pathfinder? or do you have your own set?

original artwork by karabiner

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Isengrad on June 24, 2011, 08:33:28 AM
hm, you use the same gods for this world as the core pathfinder? or do you have your own set?
Normally I use my own gods, but for ease of use, I'm using Pathfinder's. At least for now, I may change it to my own later on, but probably not. If i do change it I'll work with people on their characters.

Isengrad

Since you are in need of a support role I am withdrawing Tyden, let Callie take the Alchemist. I will roll up a cleric and present it for your approval. Ill keep an accurate expenses list and present that along side the Pc.

original artwork by karabiner

Callie Del Noire

Small (possibly petty grouse) about the Alchemist.. why is there like ONE non-leathal poison in the game? No paralytics or what ever.. it's all ability/hp damage or Drow Sleep poison.

So if you're a good guy Alchemist there are no drugs to use with poison us with.

Grumply Rant done.

Black Howling

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 24, 2011, 11:04:50 AM
Small (possibly petty grouse) about the Alchemist.. why is there like ONE non-leathal poison in the game? No paralytics or what ever.. it's all ability/hp damage or Drow Sleep poison.

So if you're a good guy Alchemist there are no drugs to use with poison us with.

Grumply Rant done.
Ugh, you're right; what happened to the paralytic from 3.5? I think it was carrion crawler brains? Blade!? Can we get some homebrew poisons in here that are nonlethal?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Black Howling on June 24, 2011, 11:15:43 AM
Ugh, you're right; what happened to the paralytic from 3.5? I think it was carrion crawler brains? Blade!? Can we get some homebrew poisons in here that are nonlethal?

Well it doesnt' fit into Leigh's outlook (still trying for the 'Alchemy prodigy' outlook) just a general comment about the class ability. It's very.. non-good alignment setup.

Black Howling

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 24, 2011, 11:18:06 AM
Well it doesnt' fit into Leigh's outlook (still trying for the 'Alchemy prodigy' outlook) just a general comment about the class ability. It's very.. non-good alignment setup.
Hmm, skill focus alchemy would be a good start. Not sure other then that. I guess you could ask Blade if he'd go ahead and let you keep at-least two of the extra discovery feats. Long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Black Howling on June 24, 2011, 11:15:43 AM
Not sure. I'd have to look it up, and then work it over. So we'll see if I get around to something like that, but yes poisons have always been a little hard. Though in truth, except in just a few cases they are just unlawful, not evil. In a few cases they are evil, but we'll not go over that road. :D

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Eternal Blade on June 24, 2011, 11:39:41 AM
Not sure. I'd have to look it up, and then work it over. So we'll see if I get around to something like that, but yes poisons have always been a little hard. Though in truth, except in just a few cases they are just unlawful, not evil. In a few cases they are evil, but we'll not go over that road. :D

i've always been of the outlook they were evil.. I could see lawful evil (and maybe nuetral) types okay with it all the same.

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 24, 2011, 11:44:32 AM
i've always been of the outlook they were evil.. I could see lawful evil (and maybe nuetral) types okay with it all the same.
Many people are, but lawful evil tends to shy away from them. Now that's not catch all, but there is nothing evil about making poisons. They grow naturally as defense mechanisms for animals and plants, so how in effect would they seem evil. Now the uses for them can be, like if you poison a just king, or decide to make a slave racket using Drow sleep and the like. It's not unlike magic, if you look at a number of different spells, they almost scream evil, but very few spells are, now some uses can be. I can't tell you how many times Howling has crossed that threshold with charm person spells. ;)

Black Howling

Quote from: Eternal Blade on June 24, 2011, 11:49:31 AM
Many people are, but lawful evil tends to shy away from them. Now that's not catch all, but there is nothing evil about making poisons. They grow naturally as defense mechanisms for animals and plants, so how in effect would they seem evil. Now the uses for them can be, like if you poison a just king, or decide to make a slave racket using Drow sleep and the like. It's not unlike magic, if you look at a number of different spells, they almost scream evil, but very few spells are, now some uses can be. I can't tell you how many times Howling has crossed that threshold with charm person spells. ;)
Eh, charm person... That's why i shouldn't play bards anymore. XD Though the chatter is starting, is it safe to say we need an OOC to take that too as to not clunk up the interest check?

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Black Howling on June 24, 2011, 11:50:26 AM
Eh, charm person... That's why i shouldn't play bards anymore. XD Though the chatter is starting, is it safe to say we need an OOC to take that too as to not clunk up the interest check?
I'll see about that tomorrow. I'm getting just a tad tired tonight.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Eternal Blade on June 24, 2011, 11:59:05 AM
I'll see about that tomorrow. I'm getting just a tad tired tonight.

What about the extra discoveries?

Eternal Blade

Wintercat

Faedra's Arcane Bond:

Sir Percival Whitepaw, The King of Cats (or so he claims)
Cat
N, Tiny Animal
Init: +2, Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent, Perception +5

Defence
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +3 natural armor)
HP: 15 (Half Master's HP, HD equals Master Level)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5

Offence
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +6 (1d2–4), bite +6 (1d3–4)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

Abilities
Str 3, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base Atk +2; CMB +2; CMD 8 (12 vs. trip)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Alertness (When within Master's Reach),
Skills: Climb +6, Perception +5, Stealth +14;
Racial Modifiers: +4 Climb, +4 Stealth

Familiar Abilities
Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master

Quote:
"Sir Percival Whitepaw, you peasant, I'm high nobility among the cats, more intelligent than your average meow, so you should respect your superiors and respect me with a big dish of milk actually. Now chop chop."
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Wintercat

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 24, 2011, 01:42:11 PM
I suddenly feel the need to invent the squirt bottle. :D

Are you sure you want to get on the wizard's bad side when she has to take care of her ... angry cat?

Still, the mental image is sort of hilarious, up to the point when it becomes apparent that feline can and will claw someone's leg bloody. Even with the tremendous damage penalty with the limited strength due to the size, each scratch is bound to hurt and that cat is darn good at landing them on a person somewhere that they are not protected.

Heheh.

Still, planning to play the cat myself and figure that Faedra will sometimes curse the day she happened to take the cat with an oversized ego as her familiar.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wintercat on June 24, 2011, 03:35:03 PM
Are you sure you want to get on the wizard's bad side when she has to take care of her ... angry cat?

Who do you think I was making it FOR?

Let's see.. catnip

Black Howling

Quote from: Wintercat on June 24, 2011, 01:33:19 PM
Faedra's Arcane Bond:

Sir Percival Whitepaw, The King of Cats (or so he claims)
Cat
N, Tiny Animal
Init: +2, Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent, Perception +5

Defence
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +3 natural armor)
HP: 15 (Half Master's HP, HD equals Master Level)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5

Offence
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +6 (1d2–4), bite +6 (1d3–4)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

Abilities
Str 3, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 7
Base Atk +2; CMB +2; CMD 8 (12 vs. trip)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Alertness (When within Master's Reach),
Skills: Climb +6, Perception +5, Stealth +14;
Racial Modifiers: +4 Climb, +4 Stealth

Familiar Abilities
Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master

Quote:
"Sir Percival Whitepaw, you peasant, I'm high nobility among the cats, more intelligent than your average meow, so you should respect your superiors and respect me with a big dish of milk actually. Now chop chop."

Nice one!

Genbu83

I would recommend an Arcane Duelist Bard or Inquisitor for the support role...or you can go with the standard cleric.

Black Howling

QuoteA good support character should be able to heal the party up, and should be able to buff the party(either for offense or defense, but preferably both).

I think those two work for most peoples idea, but support by his definition is mainly buffer and healer. The arcane duelist archetype loses it's main buffing ability, and is only mediocre at healing. I think the inquisitor is pretty much the same. Those two both fit a little better for the wildcard role, which just fills gaps in the party taking strain off the main roles. Bit of a 'jack of a all trades' type character, which I think many people have confused with the role Blade set out. Which is probably why he gave an explanation of what the role should do.

Wintercat

If nobody else volunteers, I could still 'wreck' my old concept and conjure up a cleric.

If someone would make a replacement-mage then, I guess that would solve the problem. I got nothing against buffer/healer class myself, I quite enjoy playing a cleric or a druid now and then, but was looking forward to playing a mage for a while.

Anyhow, its an option at least.
A&A