Heroes and Servants (Anime Crossover/Sword Art Online Inspired Game)

Started by BruceTheCat, February 03, 2015, 09:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Hey everyone! I wanted to recruit interest for a Anime-Crossover/Sword Art Online adventure, freeform game. Where players will play as a average person Avatar, with a famous Anime character of their choosing as a Servant from Fate Stay Night.

Current Threads:

OOC Section - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223263.0

Floor 50 - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223262.0

The Game

The premise of the game is the same as the basic plot of Sword Art Online! Basically players logged in to this new virtual MMO called Heroes and Servants on the day it was released, only to be trapped inside by the dark creator of the game. With one major change! Instead of players playing as various classes that level up and gain power, each player will have a Servant (similar to Fate Stay Night) who is an Anime character of their choosing.

When users first entered into this game of death, they were essentially presented with the option of selecting a character from any Anime on the market. What was the appeal? Your best friend, traveling companion, and protector was the famous canon Anime character of your dreams! They are your Servant, and you are their Master. While the players of this game, if killed would die permanently, these Servants could be destroyed in battle and will respawn a bit of time later.

This RP is going to be free-form with several GM events that take place to help keep people interested, and introduce new exciting plot elements for each new floor! You guys can purchase housing, open your own shops, or go searching through dungeons and fight level bosses with your party.

The Story

The plot will be the same as the setup of Sword Art Online. You as a average Joe have logged in to this virtual world, and discovered after the first day that you were trapped inside. If anybody takes off the headset you are wearing on the outside world, a microchip inside the headset will fry your brain. If your avatar in the world dies, the same thing happens. Six-thousand people logged in on the first day. The RP will start 1 year after the game has begun, and nearly half of that number has been killed since. The game of Sword Art Online is comprised of several “floors”. With a Boss Villain waiting at the end of each floor. These floors appear as vast landscapes with very different aesthetics. Some are futuristic-tech wonderlands, others are rough mountains, and some are enormous cities. When we start the RP, the players will be near the end of Floor – 49.

One of the largest guilds in the game is posturing to take on the Floor Boss!

The Servants and Masters

Whether players want to play as both their average Joe avatar in-game, or stick mainly with their canon Anime – Servant is totally up to you. The only important concept here is that you have to pick a character from anime-cartoon series. You do not have to pick the main character! You can pick whichever cast member you are most interested in playing. For RP purposes, you can also choose to transform into your Servant rather than have them as a sort of bodyguard who follows you around. If you decide to do this, and your Servant is killed in battle, your human avatar will appear in their normal condition where their Servant fell.

Another important concept to the game is that players have the ability to choose to play a Anime character they like, but adopt the power set of a different Anime character to suit their fighting style and personal aesthetic. When entering the Sword Art Online universe, every player was presented with two options. “Select your Servant” and “Select your Servant's Powers”. In this way, people could choose to have Ash Ketchum from Pokemon as their Servant, but instead of using Pokemon, Ash fights with Goku's abilities from Dragon Ball Z. This is just an excuse for you guys as roleplayers to be able to play the Anime character you like, but with the powers of someone else you also may like. You can also choose to be one of the villains of your anime world if that is more exciting to you.

At the current moment I do not have a progression system for how Servants and Masters get more powerful. I am debating between a level up type system, or perhaps even giving people the option of earning new Servants. Trading out one for the other depending on circumstances. Like Pokemon, but with Anime characters. More to come on that later!

The Powers

Players will have all of the powers of the anime character they are playing, OR the power set of the character they are imitating for fighting reasons. What this means that if you want to play Ash Ketchum from Pokemon, you get to have all of your Pokemon. If you wanted to play Ash Ketchum with the powers of Alucard from Hellsing, then you would have Alucard's powers and no Pokemon whatsoever.

If your powers requires that your Servant has an enormous object with you (say a Gundam) then you can feel free to say that your Servant “summons” the object rather than having it present all the time. Unless you are in to that thing.

The Sex

No real rules here. Just respect the other players Ons/Offs and don't do anything against the site policies. Do not use any really young images for your Anime character in your profile creation.

The Character Sheets

A lot of this will be self-explanatory if you choose a more famous Anime character. What I am primarily interested in is what your character has been doing since arriving on the 1st floor of the Anime-Verse.

I would like to have a even ratio of female to male characters. So I apologize if I end up rejecting your application in order to hold to that dynamic.

[center][size=12pt][b]Servant – Name Here[b][/size][/center]
[code][center][size=10pt][b]Master – Name Here[b][/size][/center]

[float=right][img padding=10]http://Servant Character Image Here[/img][/float]

[float=right][img padding=10]http://Master Character Image Here[/img][/float]

[float=right][img padding=10]http://Additional flavor image[/img][/float] *Not required

[b]Select Your Servant:[/b] Which Anime your Servant is from, and who they are in that Anime

[b]Select Your Servant's Powers:[/b] Which Anime your Servant gets their powers from. Who in that anime universe you are emulating if it is not the same Anime as your Servant's origin

[b]Appearance/Style Description:[/b] You can stick to the visual image of your Servant character. Or if you want to tweak them to your own aesthetic, go ahead!

[b]Personality:[/b] [The most important part. Try to make it interesting and believable. You can provide as much or as little as you like on both your Servant and Master personalities]

[b]Master - History:[/b] A bit about your Master character. What he has been doing since the game started. What his relationship is like with his Servant. That sort of thing

[b]Current Situation:[/b] Do you fight on the front lines to help move through the game? Do you have a shop, or a house on one of the previous floors?

[b]Servant - Weapons:[/b]

[img]http://Additional flavor image[/img].

[b]Servant - Special Powers:[/b] You can consider yourself having all of the powers of your anime character.

[b]Servant - Strengths:[/b] This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make your Servant a badass, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

[b]Servant - Weaknesses:[/b] This can also be anything, but note that [b]you must[/b] have at least 1 combat weakness. Try to shy away from just having personality related weaknesses, these need to be actual limitations of your character that can be used in the story. If you would like to PM me for discussion on this, because you want it to be a story element that's fine!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Blue Nova

Bookmarked, count me interested.

WIP

Servant – Roy Mustang
Master – Name Here

*Not required

Select Your Servant: Alchemist Captain from "Full Metal Alchemist"

Select Your Servant's Powers:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Mustang has eaten the Mera Mera no Mi, also known as the Flame-Flame fruit from "One Piece". He has a greater use of fire then he ever has had before, now no longer needing the transmutation circle to control the flames around him. He also does not need his trademark gloves to snap his finger for a spark, yet he does so anyways out of habit and misdirection. He still maintains the skills and training from his Alchemy universe, though he has the raw destructive power of the flame-flame fruit. The trade off is that he no longer has the alternative uses of Alchemy, trading all the alchemy powers for more fire.

Appearance/Style Description:

Personality:

Master - History:

Current Situation: Mustang and Master currently fight relentlessly on the front lines, driving ever forward in groups or alone. Though Mustang never wants to quit, the master will eventually pull away to relax and calm their nerves. 

Servant - Weapons: Transmutation Gloves

Servant - Special Powers: Alchemy (Primarily Flame Alchemy)

Servant - Strengths:
Stalwart - Mustang is an unflinching, unrelenting force of determination. He will hunt down and destroy his opponents with ruthless efficiency. Though he is not completely lost to hatred, he just just knows what needs to be done, and does it well.

Clever - Mustang seems to always have a hunch what to do next, realizing clues that many may over look, and sizing up his opponents weaknesses and strengths rather quickly.

Servant - Weaknesses:

One track Mind - Once on the move, he rarely stops for anything. He will ignore many lesser important objectives, even if it would be convenient or beneficial to do them immediately.

Rel Mayer

As always, so interested.

Gonna throw my WIP here!

Almost 95% I'm using Revy

Chaosfox

This....this looks  very interesting  will keep my eye on it and bookmark it.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

MissFire

Servant – Lina Inverse
Master – Ozzy Lampwick

Select Your Servant: Lina Inverse is a teenage sorceress and the main character of the Slayers series. The Lina in Heroes and Servants is Slayers Evolution-R Lina, at eighteen years old. Lina is known as one of the most powerful and feared sorceresses in all the land. By the age of 14, she had already become famous. Despite her bad habits of eating too much (justified by her serious magic usage) and taking money from bad guys, she has good intentions. Most of her bad nicknames such as Dra-mata, Robbers' Killer, and The Enemy of All Who Live come from the fact that she often causes plenty of collateral damage when fighting the forces of evil. Lina is a member of the Sorcerer's Guild, and her assigned mage color is pink (Official title: Lina the Pink), much to her embarrassment. At times Lina appears to be fearless, but there are (at least) two things she is afraid of: her sister Luna and slugs. She is also uncomfortable around fishmen.

Select Your Servant's Powers: Lina self-dubs herself as a "Magical Genius" but she isn't at all exaggerating. She specializes in black magic, yet she is also skilled in shamanism, slightly versed in white magic, and can also hold her own with the short sword. Among her spells include the most powerful Black Magic Spell of them all—the Dragon Slave. Over centuries, this spell name has become garbled and corrupted from it's original namesake: Dragon Slayer. This spell can not only kill a dragon in one shot, but is capable of wiping out an entire mountain or even an entire city easily.

Lina is also capable of casting other more powerful spells with assistance. Frequently, she employs her Demon Blood Talismans, a set of four ruby gems that she wears on her person that enable her to greatly boost her magical capacity. With the aid of these gems, she can cast the Giga Slave; an even more powerful and destructive spell than the Dragon Slave. The Giga Slave is capable of annihilating anything and even an imperfect version of this spell was capable of slaying one of the High Mazoku (Demon Lords) such as Ruby Eye Shabranigdo. Lina's first attempt at utilizing this spell created a "sea of death" where nothing can grow even to this day. Lina has since perfected the casting of this spell when she inadvertently discovered that this spell called upon the Lord of Nightmares who created the World itself. However this spell is a dangerous, double-edged sword as if Lina should lose control of the massive magical forces she is wielding, this spell can erase all of existence.

In addition to battle skills, Lina is also a master businesswoman. This is to be expected, as she grew up in a family of merchants. She tries to get the best bargain on everything, and when she does not get her way, she gets violent, often pressuring people into selling (or even giving) her items.

Appearance/Style Description: Same as visual.

Personality: Lina Inverse was created specifically to be the antithesis of stereotypical heroines; she is not only short but very petite in addition to her greedy, materialistic personality does not normally match that of most heroes. Lina's been arrested and tried for "being Lina Inverse". Justified due to her habit of picking fights with people over petty reasons, willingness to steal, and her habit of slinging around really destructive spells in populated areas with no thought for collateral damage. She can be petty, greedy, cruel, and vindictive - but inside of her lurks the heart of a true hero. While often motivated by simple greed, she tends to pick the right side in any fight and always does the right thing in the end.

Ozzy is a goofball, a shy video game-obsessed nerd that lives for pixels and pop culture. Gaming online is often the closest she gets to real social activity. When in control of the avatar of whatever game she's playing, though, she loosens up and becomes an adventure-seeking hero. She lets her hair down, so to speak, when she games. While playing as Lina Inverse, Oz tries to be as in-character as possible, feeling it's important to the experience. If Lina gets KO'd, though, she'll pop back into place and end up feeling extremely meek and vulnerable.

Master - History: Oz, like most everyone else, was terrified when she learned she was trapped in the game. Obsession with gaming is one thing, but this was just far too much. She's settled in a bit since then, though. As Lina she feels almost invincible and the confidence boost has done her well in making friends and fighting monsters. In the game world, Ozzy doesn't appear unless Lina is knocked out, at which point her human avatar poofs into existence.

Current Situation: Trying to stay in character, Ozzy has Lina splitting her time between farming easier floors for piles of loot and pushing back the tide against the monsters on the front lines of battle. She's accumulated plenty of wealth, but tends to spend most of it on heaps of food.

Servant - Weapons: Shortsword, Magic

Servant - Special Powers: Magical genius, specializing in black and shamanistic magic, with some white magic ability and some skill with a sword.

Servant - Strengths:
+Magical genius
+Tactical fighter
+Can bankrupt a buffet restaurant in a single sitting
+Loyal to her friends

Servant - Weaknesses:
-Quick to anger
-Greedy
-Most powerful spells require cast time and/or chanting
-Requires a lot of food to stay active
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Juggtacular

Dammit Red! Every time I try to get out, you keep pullin' me back in!

BruceTheCat

Glad to hear it Jugg!

And awesome sheet MissFired! Approved, I will have a character sheet thread up tonight for you.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

I recieved a PM with several good questions, so let me answer them here as well.

Servants will start at the same rough power level as one another. So if your Servant in their Anime can blow up planets, you will need to tone back that power in fights. I hope to soon have a system in place for gaining more power while still keeping things mostly free form.

The Servants will also have all the memories of their Anime. So when playing them, you can feel free to mentally make them a fish out of water in this Sword Art Online universe.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

If your servant is your bodyguard, will your avatar have any battle abilities or going back to Ash, will your avatar be the "Trainer" to your servant's "Poke'mon"?

And you basically command them in a fight while you stand back and watch.

BruceTheCat

The Pokémon thing is a good example Jugg. That is the idea right now. The Masters stand back while the Servants fight. Or if you choose, for a fight you can sort of transform in to your Servant.
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

Hmmm. My guy will probably be a Takeover type and get into the fight himself, but will still enjoy his servant's company, lol.

BruceTheCat

As a additional note for everyone, if you have a interest of making a unique Anime character from a pre-existing universe (unique Bleach Shinigami, Naruto ninja, FMA Alchemist) I have no problem with that!

The character sheets thread is up. If you have received approval, you can move your person over here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223058.0
- scribus1000

Garuss Vakarian

WIP

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Servant- Alphonse Elric
Jake Roads

Select Your Servant: Alphonse Elric, from the anime Full Metal Alchemist/Full Metal Alchamist Brotherhood.

(Note, he has a sharp childish pitch to his voice, this is only due to his soul being transmuted into his armor from a young age. He is in fact in his teen years by the end of FMA, I believe. And for the sake of site rules he shall be bumped to 17. As he does not have a human body, his imagery does not change this allotted time frame between anime and his inclusion into the mmo. )

Select Your Servant's Powers: Alphonse uses Alchamy, much like in his own universe. But is allotted his brothers ability, to no longer require a transmutation circle. This is both something beneficial, and disheartening for him.

Appearance/Style Description: He will start the role play looking as he should, in the above pictures. But later on after aquaring gear and power, he will look like this.

Personality: Alphonse:In many ways, Alphonse's calm and passive disposition exists as a foil to his older brother's more abrasive personality. Al is kindhearted, notably compassionate and patient almost to a fault, acting often out of protective selflessness for his loved ones, new friends and sometimes toward even his enemies (Scar is a particular example). Having had his psychological growth stunted at the age of ten due to loss of his physical body, Alphonse retains a childlike purity in the face of all his encountered horrors; however, despite his age, he has always displayed a significantly higher level of maturity than Edward. Though Al is as passionate as his brother, he has remarked that his anger takes longer to spark and jokes that he is always beaten to the punch by Edward's outbursts. On the other hand, Al's heart does contain some darkness born from the tragedies of his life. Plagued with insecurities about his own uncertain existence inside a suit of armor, Al craves the human warmth of his former life in desperate silence, fears that he will never again know closeness, and is sometimes overwhelmed by the suspicion that he himself is not human;

Jake:  A naturally curious and adventuress sort, he likes lore and knowledge. So he try's to collect it in his own little journal. While he is out going and friendly, He can also be quite shy given the proper set of circumstances. A romantic at heart, with perversion to boot, ever seeking yet shying away from women he desires. This makes him easy to tease, but also easy to lead on. And given the proper circumstances he is just as liable to be assertive with a women as he is to apologize for seeing her panties. He has no worries about his current set of circumstances, this is admirable to some and odd to others.

Master - History: Is a twenty year old nerd, who on his off time from work played video games as one of his favorite escapes from the harshness of reality. He on his off time learned to play the guitar, but that's as far as he had gone on hobbies. He went to college  aspiring to be a historian, but all that changed when he had joined a new exciting MMO. Heroes and Servants. Now he travels with his Servant Alphonse, not seeking to escape but to embrace this new life. Sure, he would like to leave. But with the constant threat of death, and the harsh reality no one may ever return to the real world. He chose to count his lucky stars, except where he was, and make the best of his situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2IwNIN4UYA

Current Situation: They tend to be the adventures type, not exactly fighting on the front line. But constantly traveling. They make decent in game gold and rewards by Alphonse using alchemy for repairs or odd jobs and Jacob playing his guitar in town and in pubs as a traveling Minstrel of sorts. Though it is only enough to scrape on by with a hermit life style.

Servant - Weapons: With Alchamy Alphonse can make an assortment of weopons if he wanted to. But typically he arm's himself with a giant stone mace he transfuses from the earth's stones and metals. Much in the same way his brother does.

Servant - Strengths: 1: Tolerance to pain: He can not feel any physical touch, therefor the threat of pain or physical damage does not scare him, it will to a certain point but only if it is the possibility or outcome of severe cosmetic damage to his vessel. 2: Strong: He is a hulking suit of steel. Nuff said. 3: Peoples person: People tend to like him, especially children. People place their trust in Al often, especialy since it is trust well placed. A true confident, for any ones burden or time. 4: Endurance: He needs not sleep, food, warmth, anything. The perfect unrelenting fighter. 5: Alchemy: Aside from combat, he can use alchemy for general uses, repairs, making campfires a breeze.

Servant - Weaknesses: Alphonse is a kind soul, ever willing to forgive his enemies or spare their lives. Even that of the lives of animal or beast. This is a extreme personality weakness he faces when combating a foe. Aside from this, he has an "achiles heel." He may be able to repair from much of the superficial damage done to him, but any amount of change, damage, or fiddling with the blood seal within his armor will kill him. No not his armor, his very soul. All it takes is a crack, a scratch, the smudge of an enemies thumb and Alphonse is no more. His fate? No one knows what happens when a blood seal is tampered with or ruined. That's why it is especially terrifying for Al.

Lustful Bride

Interested but still haven't decided on what character I want T_T  too many to choose from.

Garuss Vakarian

Ya, lol. I agree! Real hard. It took me a while to finally decide on Al. But that's because Al is just one of the most well done anime characters of all time. In my humble opinion of coarse.

BruceTheCat

I'm pretty settled on playing Gene Starwind as my Servant, but I want to give him powers from a different Anime. I'm now just trying to decide what those powers would be
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 04, 2015, 10:46:03 PM
Interested but still haven't decided on what character I want T_T  too many to choose from.

Join us!

Garuss Vakarian

LOl, how about giving him the style Northern Star? Since he has that start tattoo. :P . No not really! Unless you think people are fine with poking someone and making them literally blow up. Ha ha ha.

PS: Fist of the north star powers + Monkey D Luffy's = GOD

BruceTheCat

Haha, I'm sort of leaning towards something like Naruto. I like that with the whole Ninjitsu thing you can have a lot of different abilities. Sort of like how with Alchemy you can do a lot of different fun things.
- scribus1000

Garuss Vakarian

True true, I can see the appeal there. But what kind of Jutsu will he be into? Since, in Naruto things are often specific and specialized rather then varied. Few characters knew a plethora and those are typically the people with a Sharingun. Oh wait, ;) I think I just answered my own question.

Rel Mayer

Leaving my WIP right here:

WIP

Servant – Revy Lee
Master – Holly Roxis

Select Your Servant: Black Lagoon - Revy Lee

Select Your Servant's Powers: Hellsing - Alucard's Guns (Hellsing Arms Jackal and Casull) .

Appearance/Style Description: Holly: Once upon a time there was a girl mousy girl. Frizzy hair, thick glasses, and a body that could have been easily mistaken for a young teenager. That was until after graduating high school she decided to travel over to Japan and really get to know the culture. The woman blossomed, not only within herself but finding that the new culture gave new life to her body. Maybe it was puberty or maybe it was the fact that things were beginning to change, but she eventually found herself with curvy hips and bubbly ass. Tits that could fill a man's hands with more than handfuls and legs that could go for miles. Following a cute trend - she usually wears different sorts of cat ears above her head and often uses black eye-make up to give herself a cat eye. She prefers to wear soft pinks, blacks, and other pastel colors. Even though she's eighteen - she is short and can sometimes appear to be mistaken for a younger woman. Not that she even cares with her adorable lifestyle.

Revy: Revy dresses like a badasses, talks like a badass, and the way she glances at people gives her the 'I don't give a fuck' attitude. Almost the exact opposite of Holly, Revy prefers to wear the same outfit day to day. Cut off short shorts that let the curve of her ass hang out. Everything stays pretty similar with what the anime represents.

Personality: Holly: Holly is extremely timid and shy.

Master - History: A bit about your Master character. What he has been doing since the game started. What his relationship is like with his Servant. That sort of thing

Current Situation: Do you fight on the front lines to help move through the game? Do you have a shop, or a house on one of the previous floors?

Servant - Weapons:

Servant - Special Powers: You can consider yourself having all of the powers of your anime character.

Servant - Strengths: This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make your Servant a badass, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

Servant - Weaknesses: This can also be anything, but note that you must have at least 1 combat weakness. Try to shy away from just having personality related weaknesses, these need to be actual limitations of your character that can be used in the story. If you would like to PM me for discussion on this, because you want it to be a story element that's fine!

Garuss Vakarian

Ok already this gets a thumbs up! For one, you picked one of my top ten hotties in anime :P lol. Secondly, she now has Alucards shit. And lastly, im loving the image set. So, good show :D . ^_^ . Cant wait to see what every one else who joins brings along. :D .

Edit: In retrospect you did already announce using her. :P Lol.

Edit: So far it's Revy, Lina, Mustang, Gene, Alphonse. Liking the list a lot so far.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on February 04, 2015, 11:21:57 PM
Ok already this gets a thumbs up! For one, you picked one of my top ten hotties in anime :P lol. Secondly, she now has Alucards shit. And lastly, im loving the image set. So, good show :D . ^_^ . Cant wait to see what every one else who joins brings along. :D .

Revy is like one of the most badass anime babes of all time :D! And thanks! Your character looks like it's coming along rather nicely.

Garuss Vakarian

Your welcome. Always glad to suck up-raise, I meant to say give praise  ;D lol. Joking aside, she is Still a great bad ass. And all the more hot for it. ;) . Edit: Sorry for being a broken record.   ::)

Thanks, I am glad your liking it! ^^ , I was in fact about to announce I finished him.

BruceTheCat

Great character Garuss! Approved. Feel free to move him over to the Character Sheets thread.
- scribus1000