Classic Werewolf 2: Electric Boogaloo -Game Thread-

Started by Galactic Druid, June 06, 2015, 02:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassini

Quote from: Remiel on June 17, 2015, 08:25:36 AM
The reluctant Master of Ceremonies had no clue whom to vote for.  "I have no clue whom to vote for," he said.

"Uh...James Moriarty.  No one really talks like that.  Do they?"

"Yoooo, Remi..." he slurs a little, rubbing his temple to try and clear the remnants of the utterly brutal hangover which makes grasping the danger of the current situation rather tricky. "Don't, like, be a hater brah..." he continues with a sage nod and an airy wave of his hand.

Sobering up a little though, Assassini sits forward and rests his elbows on his knees where he sits in the sand, suddenly all business. "Now, I've not played Werewolf before, but forgive me, would it not be the better if we had SOME information to work with here?" he glances around hoping the others will heed his words, "Would it not make sense for the Seer to reveal themselves early, when there is the best chance of the bodyguard also being alive? That way the bodyguard can work behind the scenes defending the Seer, while the Seer works his/her way through the enemy ranks. Surely that's a legit plan?" He frowns a little as he finishes, trying to think of any flaw or loophole the enemy could exploit.

Lady Lunarius

I'll go ahead and place a vote in for Leorobin I guess...unless anyone has any information?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

yugi006

Quote from: Assassini on June 17, 2015, 08:45:27 PM
Sobering up a little though, Assassini sits forward and rests his elbows on his knees where he sits in the sand, suddenly all business. "Now, I've not played Werewolf before, but forgive me, would it not be the better if we had SOME information to work with here?" he glances around hoping the others will heed his words, "Would it not make sense for the Seer to reveal themselves early, when there is the best chance of the bodyguard also being alive? That way the bodyguard can work behind the scenes defending the Seer, while the Seer works his/her way through the enemy ranks. Surely that's a legit plan?" He frowns a little as he finishes, trying to think of any flaw or loophole the enemy could exploit.

"It is not a good idea to reveal themselves early as they'll be the target of an attack during the night phase. If the bodyguard protects the Seer the bodyguard is vunerable to an attack during the night phase."

James Moriarty

Paddling out to meet another killer wave, James turns back to flip Remiel the... shaka sign, rising with the crest where the wind blows the water white and black.

Assassini

Quote from: yugi006 on June 17, 2015, 09:57:56 PM
"It is not a good idea to reveal themselves early as they'll be the target of an attack during the night phase. If the bodyguard protects the Seer the bodyguard is vunerable to an attack during the night phase."

He nods emphatically but the frown on his face indicates he still is not in complete agreement. "True they'll be focused for attack, but on the other hand, every time they try to kill the Seer that's one time the bodyguard can protect them" he speaks as if he's searching for others to dissuade him of the idea, not convinced that it would work but still unable to think of a solid argument against it. "Plus, the werewolves would have to search to see if they can find the bodyguard. If the bodyguard operates in secrecy, defending the Seer, then surely we will be able to lynch all the wolves before the wolves finally work out who the bodyguard is? Unless we get fiendishly unlucky..."

Blythe

Blythe tosses a beach ball around and says, "Assassini has a point. Consider: The Seer can help out publicly and the bodyguard and protect the Seer. The Bodyguard need not reveal their own identity in order to ensure their own safety. In addition, if the Seer reveals themselves and is targeted (assuming the Bodyguard somehow cannot protect them) we have a Healer who may yet save them. The net gain from the Seer revealing themselves early does have an appeal, assuming the Bodyguard and Healer will keep themselves hidden and safe."

LunaLilith22

"From what I can tell Blythe and Assassini's plan doesn't have a downside other than the weres not targeting the seer cause they know they will be protected and shooting for the others hoping to find the bodyguard, but that kind of random selection is pretty much what is happening now anyway so at least we would have people we can trust and possibly a werewolf or two to hang."

yugi006

Quote from: Assassini on June 18, 2015, 09:30:32 PM
He nods emphatically but the frown on his face indicates he still is not in complete agreement. "True they'll be focused for attack, but on the other hand, every time they try to kill the Seer that's one time the bodyguard can protect them" he speaks as if he's searching for others to dissuade him of the idea, not convinced that it would work but still unable to think of a solid argument against it. "Plus, the werewolves would have to search to see if they can find the bodyguard. If the bodyguard operates in secrecy, defending the Seer, then surely we will be able to lynch all the wolves before the wolves finally work out who the bodyguard is? Unless we get fiendishly unlucky..."

Well at some point the bodyguard will probably be killed by the werewolves as this time the rules for not being able to protect the same person twice in a row applies. So if the first night misses the second night will hit since the Seer can't be proected the second night so there is a downside.

yugi006

That is only if the bodyguard can't protect the Seer twice in a row.

James Moriarty

There is also the problem that someone might, for example, lie about being the Seer, causing the protections to be misused.

Assassini

Quote from: yugi006 on June 18, 2015, 10:59:50 PM
Well at some point the bodyguard will probably be killed by the werewolves as this time the rules for not being able to protect the same person twice in a row applies. So if the first night misses the second night will hit since the Seer can't be proected the second night so there is a downside.

"Oh, the Bodyguard can't protect the same person two nights in a row? Really?" he frowns and leans back in the sand, staring up into the bright blue sky, devoid of even any clouds which might obscure the glaring sun. "That is a problem..." he ponders while sitting there quietly, "Of course that means that the bodyguard could intentionally not protect the Seer on the first night (because the werewolves will think s/he's protected) and then when they attack on night three their attack will fail" he continues trying to map out all the possible outcomes both in his mind and aloud at the same time.

Quote from: James Moriarty on June 18, 2015, 11:06:43 PM
There is also the problem that someone might, for example, lie about being the Seer, causing the protections to be misused.

"Perhaps you are right, I just happen to be a fan of dem bold plays yo!" he laughs as he sits up again, kicking the sand away from his feet, "Go hard, or go home!"

yugi006

Quote from: Assassini on June 19, 2015, 02:00:21 PM
"Oh, the Bodyguard can't protect the same person two nights in a row? Really?" he frowns and leans back in the sand, staring up into the bright blue sky, devoid of even any clouds which might obscure the glaring sun. "That is a problem..." he ponders while sitting there quietly, "Of course that means that the bodyguard could intentionally not protect the Seer on the first night (because the werewolves will think s/he's protected) and then when they attack on night three their attack will fail" he continues trying to map out all the possible outcomes both in his mind and aloud at the same time.

"Well it's usually the case that they can't but last game we played Guy allowed it since we were playing a variant with two sets of bad guys. This one we reverted back to the normal style with just the werewolves so I've asked to make sure this is the case or not. I can see your logic if the bodyguard can protect someone twice in a row but if not then it is not a good idea to reveal themselves.

Also like James said someone could lie about being the Seer.

Assassini

Quote from: yugi006 on June 19, 2015, 02:35:17 PM
"Well it's usually the case that they can't but last game we played Guy allowed it since we were playing a variant with two sets of bad guys. This one we reverted back to the normal style with just the werewolves so I've asked to make sure this is the case or not. I can see your logic if the bodyguard can protect someone twice in a row but if not then it is not a good idea to reveal themselves.

Also like James said someone could lie about being the Seer.

"Guess we will wait and see for what TRPG says, but I have to say... Pretending to be the Seer would be a pretty ballsy play! I'd be super impressed!" he chuckles as he talks, enjoying the idea of all the intrigue and drama the scenario would generate.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on June 20, 2015, 01:36:57 AM
The crowd was in a clear panic. By a narrow margin, it was decided that Leorobin had to be the one responsible for bringing them out to the island beach. Before he could even mount a proper defense, he was overrun by the angry mob, strung up on a noose from the nearest coconut tree as the vacationers cheered in vengeful celebration. At least, for a moment. As he strugged to take his last breaths, Leorobin showed no sign of changing. By the time someone though to get him down, it was already too late. The vacationers had killed one of their own, nothing more than a regular vacationer. With guilt not contending with fear, it was unlikely anyone would get much Sleep.

Night Phase 2 Has Begun!

Day Phase three will begin as soon as night role actions are locked in!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Much to their relief, everyone awoke to discover that no one had died the previous night. Had the night before just been some freak accident? Were they all just being paranoid? Or was there really something prowling about at night, attempting to pick them off, one by one?

The Third Day Phase has begun!

Just like before, players will be casting votes. This time, however, the 'winner' is headed to the gallows, and will be eliminated from the game.Please remember, voting is a required part of the game. There will be a time limit to get votes in, at which point all collected votes will be tallied. Please have you votes in within the next the next 96 hours, Friday Evening.

Players

• Blythe
  • James Moriaty
  • Remiel
  • Silver
  • Madame Prof
  • Verasaille
  • KatKwik
  • Sunshine
  • Yugi
  • AffablyEvil
  • Assassini
  • persephone325
  • Ceralilly
  • LunaLillith22
  • Rafiki23
  • Lady Lunarius
  • Leorobin
  • EmyKat
  • Strangefate

Roles in play:

• 3 Werewolves
  • The Lone Wolf
  • The Cursed Villager
  • The Bodyguard
  • The Priest
  • Healer
  • The Witch
  • The Seer
  • 7 Villagers
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Blythe

Sherlock mucks about with a beach ball and says, "I vote not to lynch anyone today. The lack of a death is interesting. I am open to changing my mind if anyone has evidence otherwise pointing to someone guilty."

Madame Professor

The Professor shakes her head, "Not lynching is a terrible idea... and a suspicious one, as far as I'm concerned." She sighed, trying to rub the hangover from her temples. She felt a sudden flash of deja vu but shook it off. "It only helps the werewolves. And evidence is even more difficult to come by." She pushed her sunglasses back over her eyes and sipped her coffee. "I do agree that no death is interesting and that could be good or bad..." Looking over the RSVP list, there were a handful of options to consider at this point. "At the moment, I'm torn between my previous day's vote and you, Mr. Holmes. But I haven't made up my mind just yet."

As she had said, not lynching also struck a suspicious cord in her and both Sherlock and AffablyEvil had purposed the idea. But if anyone had a compelling reason to vote a different way, she'd listen first.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Blythe

Sherlock replies, "I voted not to lynch because I don't know what else to do or who to vote for. Last round I voted literally at random. As stated, I can change my vote if given sufficient reason. The 'no lynch' vote is mostly to get the voting ball rolling."

Edit: added the sentence 'Last round I voted literally at random.'

KatKwik

She also found it interesting that there had been no death. She had no suspects as of yet and decided that for now she would leave her vote as before.

Ceralily

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Assassini

Assassini staggers out of the small hut and onto the pristine and crystalline sand. Now shirtless and only wearing long shorts, he also has donned a baseball cap which is facing backwards over his head, and two pairs of neon-coloured sunglasses which do nothing to shade him from the glaring sunlight. "Eyy, wut?" he asks, already looking around for a cooler of beer or rum, or anything alcoholic. "Naebody died?" he asks, confusion evident in his eyes, "That's bloody ludicrous! I can't see any reason why the werewolves would not kill someone..."

He pauses as he listens to the voices of what might have been reason from the others around the beach. "Meh, I think not killing someone is a pretty bad idea actually, yea, we need to put some pressure down broseph!" he pauses as he finally finds an empty bottle of rum, tipping it up sadly as he says with a sigh, "However, in the absence of any bold plays by any of the special good guys, I'm gonna go ahead and stick with my previous vote of lynching Affably Evil". Then with another sigh, he chucks the empty bottle aside, muttering, "Why is the rum, always gone?"

LunaLilith22

Lilith looked around surprised to see everyone from the day before present and accounted for "As far as I can tell, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is no evidence and so all votes must be random. With that in mind I'm just gonna..."
rolls a d20
Roll Result: LunaLilith22 rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 8,
Total: 8
"It would appear that Sunshine is my vote unless any new information comes to light."

yugi006

" I don't know who to vote for so this is just an random guess. So Sunshine.

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine was relieved that no one was killed overnight. She pondered on which decision to take, after all it's everyone's lives at stake.

"At this point where we're at, I vote for no lynching."

O&O    A&A    Avatars