The Summer Home (Full)

Started by vanTheMad, March 20, 2011, 12:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanTheMad

Hi there, I'm Vanna, and I'm new on the board. I was hoping to get a group going for a roleplay that's been stewing in my head for a while. If I'm in the wrong place for something, just let me know, I'll try to make things as amicable as I can.

The basis of the story is that four people (maybe from 19-29?) all find a flyer advertising a house for rent for vacation. The four people would be complete strangers sharing a house, in a little coastal town in Maine called Brickford, where they would be on vacation for somewhere between a week and a month (we'll see how the game goes). The flyer would advertise this as a "chance to meet new people" and all that jazz. The house has a bedroom for everyone, two bathrooms (one on each floor), a kitchen, a dining room, and a den. The house has a private beach as well, and a deck facing out to the ocean on both floors. My hope is for two males and two females (I'll be roleplaying a male, so one other male), and I'm hoping for some kind of romance to grow out of it, maybe even some love triangles or the like :] I don't really expect there to be much hardcore fetish in this one, but I would recommend that most players try to keep an open mind.

If you're interested, post here with a character <3

My Character
Name: London James Coulter
Sexuality:Bisexual
Appearance: London has wavy brown hair, which he keeps at about neck-length in a layered cut. His eyes are dark brown, and usually ringed with dark circles from his relative lack of sleep most nights. His skin is a little lighter than average, but not quite pale, and he's got striking features. He stands at around 5'11", and is on the thin side, with little muscle mass. He tends to wear button-up plaid overshirts, plain jeans, and beat-up sneakers, and often wears a beanie winter hat, even in warm weather.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality/Background: Originally from Boston, London is a bit of a recluse by most social standards. A semi-successful author, London wrote a serious of war dramas under a pseudonym, which has endowed him with enough money to take this vacation without needing to worry about spending too much. His life as a writer has left him a little out-of-touch with the outside world, so he may seem a little withdrawn at first, but has a good sense of humor and a genuine interest in other people. London tries his best to make new connections with people, and though he may be out of practice, he was quite the charmer while he was in high school. He is taking this trip in order to reconnect with the world, and to meet some new people.

LimitlessNikkie

Interesting. Bio submitted =D
Name: Ava Sanders
Sexuality: hetero/curious
Personality: A free spirit with an insatiable wonder lust. Ava is charming and funny, one of those people who doesn't seem to notice the world can be a cruel place. Nothing seems to get her down, she leads a charmed existence. Taking risks is second nature to her and she never thinks of consequences preferring to leap before she looks. She is somewhat flighty with a short attention span. She is very artistic and isn't content unless involved with at least 3 projects at one time. Her major flaws are a tendency to speak before thinking and she smokes religiously.
History: Born to rather normal parents Ava always saw her life as a 'what doesn't fit' picture. Though she tried to reign in her yearning to see the world it was a pointless exercise. She lived for the infrequent vacations with her parents, but at 16 it wasn't enough anymore to read about the places she dreamed of and she took off.

It was fool hearty and she should have failed taking off with nothing but a back pack of clothes and $500 in her bank account but she didn't fail. In San Fransisco she drew portrait in the park and waitresses at night until she could afford her next bus ticket and that was her life. She leap frogged from place to place working minimum wage jobs when they were available, drawing, singing or playing guitar on street corners or parks when they weren't.

She lived in endless streams of bad hotels, YMCAs, and even sleeping in the park during summer months. She met a variety of people and was never at a loss for a good story to tell. She never stayed anywhere long the yearning for the horizon driving her to keep moving.

She was leaving once more bus ticket in hand when she saw the flier for the vacation house. She'd never been to that part of Maine and truth be told part of her was tired so even though it was more expensive then she would normally do she had the means having saved every penny possible since starting her little trip and decided on a whim (as she does everything) to go.

vanTheMad

She seems great to me :]

waiting for two more players (M/F)

LimitlessNikkie

Coolness. Come on people you know you want to ;)

Lanie Elizabeth

I'm definitely interested! I'm new to E so I just wanna reserve a spot if I can once i get my character description? :)
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194972.0">Request Thread & O/Os</a>
I was born with an enormous need for affection,
and a terrible need to give it.

- Audrey Hepburn

MagicalPen

Mark me down for the other Male spot.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Lanie Elizabeth

Name: Hannah Whitman
Sexuality: Bi-curious/Straight
Personality: Hannah is a grounded individual that is reserved and quiet. She's typically shy when it comes to meeting new people and worries she'll say something to hurt someones feelings. She loves nature and being outdoors, reading or listening to music. Once she warms up to someone though, she's very compassionate and fun. She loves making people laugh and tends to be sarcastic a lot, which most people don't seem to understand that aspect of her. She's not a party girl, but she does what she wants at parties, without getting out of hand. She's never done drugs, or smoked in her life. Deep down, she's a hopeless romantic and a dreamer, hoping for something to change in the boring life that she leads.

History: Hannah always led a simple life. She grew up in a small town in Ohio.. the only child of her parents, who loved her unconditionally and gave her whatever she wanted. She never let the fact that she was spoiled go to her head though and was very respectful to everyone she ever met.

When she was 13 though, her mother cheated on her father, leaving him for a man who live in New Jersey. Hannah was left to take care of the house and also take care of her father, who was disabled from a motorcycle accident many years ago. Being with her father all the time though, made her lonely. She never got a chance to experience what life really had to offer.

At the age of 18, her father passed away while she was at his side, leaving her alone in a broken down house. She refused to go with her mother after what she had done to them. She's always did the best she could, keeping jobs until they would let her go due to lack of funding or just a general shut down of company.

She had been saving up her money to move into a place that wasn't falling apart when she saw an advertisement for a vacation house in Maine. She had never ventured out of Ohio, nor did she have a job to hold her back from going. This is the first risk she ever decided to take, as she packed up her bags without thinking about it first, and caught the first flight out of there.

(I've never done a group role play before, but this is just to interesting to pass up. :) )
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194972.0">Request Thread & O/Os</a>

- Audrey Hepburn

vanTheMad

:] looks great. now we just wait for Eeyore.

Acid Lips

vanTheMad

That depends on what everyone else wants; we could bump the number of players up to 5 if no one minds, or 6 if people want things to be even.

I personally think 5 would make for interesting group dynamics.

Acid Lips

Nah it's ok, I was just wondering I don't wanna ruin your game.

vanTheMad

Keep an eye out I guess; if no one else minds, go ahead and make a character  ;)

Lanie Elizabeth

I'm fine with it! It would certainly make things interesting. :)

- Audrey Hepburn

LimitlessNikkie

I don't mind in the least. A little compitition can be fun =D

Lanie Elizabeth

I wish we could get this going now. I'm anxious. haha

- Audrey Hepburn

MagicalPen

Name: Connor O'Fearghail

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Connor is tough as nails and not a very open man when it comes to emotions. A warrior needs to show as few weaknesses to an enemy and Connor has adopted this sort of lifestyle as an Irish Mixed-Martial-Arts Fighter. Along with his fighting strength and physicality also comes the fighters mentality, where he is able to block out all sorts of distractions and focus on a single task at hand. All of this leads to his quiet demeanor that makes many people think he is purposely secluding himself.

History: Born in Clones, County Monaghan, Ireland, Connor was the oldest son of an Irish Boxer. Like his father, Connor picked up the art of Dornálaíocht early on his life, quickly excelling at it as he became older. He quickly began the rounds in Irish Martial Arts, including Coraíocht and Bataireacht (the latter being part of gang-life as a young teenager). After one brutal fight with a rival gang using Bataireacht, Connor was hospitalized with injuries. His father pleaded with him to get out of that sort of lifestyle and upon healing, Connor discovered a new purpose to his life. He started to focus all of his energy on the Irish Arts and by the age of 17 was competing professional.

But such work blinded Connor, changing him drastically. He was now 6'2" and muscled like the fighter he was, with a set of skills that could kill a man in several ways. And all through this he had never had a real relationship with anyone. Deciding to take some time off, he has booked himself a vacation abroad, hoping that getting away from his violent lifestyle will start to make him a warmer, better person. As long as no one calls him a Leprechaun.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Acid Lips

Name: Esther Mc.Glone
Sexuality: Unsure
Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7MgHgv3vATA/TPRKAI08tSI/AAAAAAAADo0/M-VolyfWauM/s1600/Avril-Lavigne-9.jpg
Personality/Background:
She is a punk rocker at heart, she loves to have fun and just be silly around people. She it's very energentic woman and just loves to have fun, whatever that means. She was born in England, ever since little she had everything she ever wanted, from the latest doll to the latest car everything she wished was given to her. However that did not spoiled her at all, she did not became one of those rich girls that always had what she wanted out of her father. She became friends with the geeks, with the rockers of the school and quickly had her first boyfriend. However the bastard proved to be abusive, always hitting her and hurting her.

A couple of months after that she finally dumped him and moved away from her parents house knowing that he would be looking out for her. Deciding that she was done with men she moved out to another states and that was when she met Lizzy, the girl and Esther quickly hit it off and became a couple. For once in her life she was in a very good relationship with a woman that actually seem to care for her. However things always get a turn for the worst when the woman died in a car crash leaving Esther alone once again.

Finding the add on the paper she decided to just try it, it has been quite a few years since the death of Lizzy and she was ready to move on. She hopefully would meet the right person for her since her other two relationship went down the drain leaving her depressed that she never would find her soul mate.

vanTheMad

Both of you are accepted, I'm starting my intro post on the IC now.

The OOC can be found here