Keylogger found

Started by Petra, December 13, 2009, 07:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petra

So I got on my laptop and the Internet security found a Keylogger and a trojan on my computer. I use Kaspersky Internet Security (and am going to ask for help on their site too) but whenever I go to try and quarantine it, it won't let me do anything >.<

Any suggestions/advice please?

HairyHeretic

If it managed to ID the trojan by name, you could try googling that, and how to remove it.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Vekseid

If it's an actual keylogger I'd be tempted to nuke and pave... or at least pull out the hard disk and scan it on someone else's computer (make sure they have all autoplay features disabled).

Petra

O.o

That just went over my head at about 100 miles per hour. . .

um... can I get some computer retard's translation purdy please? ^^

Oniya

Nuke and pave would be to do a complete reformat and reinstall of the system.  I'd even go so far as to install anti-malware software as the first thing after the OS, and run it before reinstalling any of your other software.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17