The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarasalem

Tara jumped as someone came to the entrance to greet her, but was quick to relax once she realized it was just some woman. Hesitantly, she closed the pocket knife and slipped it back into her pocket, giving the stranger a hesitant smile. "Um, hi. Sorry to intrude like this. I got lost out there and just sort of ended up here. This cottage... Do you own it or something?" She asked slowly. Looking inside, it seemed rather empty, yet cozy at the same time. A curious place, but not at all as horrifying as she had been expecting.

LadySinister

"Nah, I don't own it. Just found it like this." Cressida looked at her phone. "About twenty minutes ago, actually. It's surprisingly clean...How did you end up here?"

tarasalem

She had just found it like this? Well that was odd. "And nobody else is here...?" She mumbled, glancing around curiously. She stepped further inside, looking around and taking in her surroundings. When she was asked how she got here, Tara tensed and glanced over awkwardly. "Wh-Who, me?" That was a stupid question. Who else would it be? They were the only two here. "Just, um... H-Hiking!" She stammered out, straightening up. Well, in a way that had been the case, but there was always more to a story and Tara's story was particularly intricate. She found her gaze wandering for some sort of change in subject before her eyes landed on a deck of cards on the table. Looking closer, she came to realize they weren't just any deck of cards. "Are those tarot cards?" She asked with a mild interest in her tone.

Violett

Violett entered the room and sat in the chair nearest to the coffee bar. She smoothed her pleated pink skirt as she sat on the bar stool. As she looked around, she noticed that the room was void of "No smoking" signs, so she reached into her clutch bag and pulled out a pack of Marlboro lights and a black lighter as well as her compact and deep red lipstick.
She lit the cigarette and looked around for protest, but saw none and took a deep drag, then opened her compact and pursed her lips and opened her mouth to check her lipstick. She rustled her blonde hair and crinkled her nose, playfully sticking her tongue at herself. She had learned to be patient with life and to have fun at the same time. She looked up as the barista approched, a handsome young man in his twenties with a five o' clock shadow and an apparent gym membership.

"What will you be having today ma'am?" He asked.

"Well, I assume you aren't on the menu, so I guess I will have a medium size dark roast with cream and sugar."

She took another drag off her cigarette and he placed an ashtray in front of him.

RampantDesires

"We're almost there ...everyone calm down... NO BITING!"

There was much rustling, rattling, thumping, even a growl as she wrestled the door open.  The large basket in her arms shifted alarmingly to the left, but a quick series of dancing hops to the right got her back on track, a nudge with her heel closing the door behind her along the way.

"There, we made it!" With a flourish she put the basket on the table nearest to her, pulling off the blanket which had been draped over it to reveal a bevy of furred faces and lolling tounges. "Hello darlings!" Making small cooing sounds she dropped a rain of kisses upon upturned heads, helping them make their way out of the basket and onto the floor where they could roll and run off some of their excess energy.

That done she fished out a sign from the bottom of the now empty basket, frowning at one corner which had clearly been gnawed upon.  Ahh well, nothing for it now.  Humming to herself she carefully placed the sign in the window.

Puppy Play Time!
Everyone Welcome!
Proven stress relief
Daily dose of cute
FREE!!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Chaelrishe

The front door of the cozy old house creaks open, a soft, round face framed by long black ringlets poking in curiously. Dressed in a plaid sweater vest and circle skirt, white stockings and buckled shoes, a rotund and androgynous figure steps tentatively inside, carrying with them a basket covered in red checkered cloth. They start slightly as a puppy goes running past, quickly followed by several more. Thoughtfully, they approach one of the comfortable couches near the fire and take a seat, taking from their basket a large white mushroom, cleaning it up with a small brush and taking an appreciative bite.

What a nice place. There's so many other people here, so I guess it must be open. If I'm lucky, they might have some wine to go with these...

Blythe

Ah, it's been ages, Bly thought as he returned to this place. It had been too long since he'd visited the Gingerbread House. He'd missed it, honestly. It was a lighthearted sort of place where it was easy to come and go with general ease. And someone was here! He was surprised to see them as he opened the door somewhat after they'd already arrived. He was dressed in a black trench coat, a sporting top hat, sable slacks, and at his hand was his trusty cane with a small silver falcon on it. Coincidentally, the cane had long twirling stripes not unlike a candy cane.

He tipped his hat to the newcomer, hoping not to surprise them too unduly, and he said, "If you're looking for anything, I might be able to help you find it. I'm Blythe, and it's a pleasure to meet you...." He hesitated, leaving the question unspoken, but the silence was essentially a quiet request to know who this newcomer was in this house he shared with so many fine people of Elliquiy!

Chaelrishe

The newcomer was slightly surprised to see someone approach them, and so soon. He was such a dapper man, and with such a graceful manner. Suddenly, in spite of themselves, the newcomer felt awkwardly underdressed. They self-consciously smoothed out their skirt, taking a moment to swallow their bite of mushroom before speaking.

"Tibithy," they said, offering a small smile. "Tibithy Bergenfeld. The pleasure's all mine. I'm sorry to just walk in. I only just found this place and it seemed so warm and inviting, I thought I would just take a peek inside. I hope I'm not imposing on anyone. I'm afraid all I've got with me at the moment are mushrooms... and those will be much better sauteed with a little olive oil."

They took one from the basket and held it up in offering.

CutiebyNight

Rachel entered the building, wearing a thick coat complete with a short skirt and thigh-high striped stockings. None of these things went together, though that was Rachel all over. She took the olive oil from the newcomer without even taking note of what it was. "Dibs."

Taking a seat on the floor with it, she examined the item. Shaking her head, she got back up, and gave it back to the stranger. "Undibbed." Then she sat back on the floor, whistling nonchalantly.

Chaelrishe

Tibithy blinked slowly, staring at Rachel in silence, wondering mildly at the circumstances that could produce such a person.

Is that the kind of place this is? Maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

"Would there happen to be a kitchen in here?" Tibithy asked generally, no much minding who answered, still glancing curiously at Rachel's stripes. "It's getting close to my lunchtime, and a cooked meal would really hit the spot, especially on a chilly day like today. I'll make it myself, of course. I have most of what I need. Don't worry, I'm willing to share."

Stripes. I think I'd look good in striped stockings. I'll have to remember that.

CutiebyNight

Rachel, completely ignoring the comment about food and kitchens, instead chose to zero in on the stranger's attentions towards her legs. Or rather, the stockings that covered them.

"Hot Topic. You can order them off Hot Topic." She grinned, however, quite fond of any attention. "Thank you kindly for leering at my legs. Quite an ego boost for me."

She crossed her long slender legs, then shrugged. "No one really owns this place, I don't think. Just stumble around. You'll find where you need to be eventually. And don't be so polite... unless you genuinely like being that way." She stretched herself out, laying her back against the floor. "Politeness only gets you so far in life. If there is a Twinkie in the pantry, it's mine."

Chaelrishe

Quote from: CutiebyNight on November 26, 2016, 03:54:59 AM
Rachel, completely ignoring the comment about food and kitchens, instead chose to zero in on the stranger's attentions towards her legs. Or rather, the stockings that covered them.

"Hot Topic. You can order them off Hot Topic." She grinned, however, quite fond of any attention. "Thank you kindly for leering at my legs. Quite an ego boost for me."
Tibithy gave a little sigh and nod of understanding, although they weren't entirely certain that they did understand, and made a mental note for later. In truth, Tibithy loved horizontal stripes, but generally avoided them for the sake of others. Maybe now was the time to loosen up.

"Well, you do wear those well," they said. "Of course, I'll own I've never had legs like yours."

Quote from: CutiebyNight on November 26, 2016, 03:54:59 AMShe crossed her long slender legs, then shrugged. "No one really owns this place, I don't think. Just stumble around. You'll find where you need to be eventually. And don't be so polite... unless you genuinely like being that way." She stretched herself out, laying her back against the floor. "Politeness only gets you so far in life. If there is a Twinkie in the pantry, it's mine."
"I'll be sure to save it for you, then," Tibithy said, puzzling mildly at this philosophy and getting up to explore the house. "I take it this isn't the kind of place where people fry those, or I'd offer."

They went around to the kitchen, setting down the basket and laying out its contents on the counter.

"Politeness has its uses," they mused, warming up a frying pan and laying a white mushroom out on the cutting board. "If you give it to others, you usually get it back. Well, usually. That's the risk of investment, right?"

A chop and a pour later, the kitchen was full of the smell of sizzling mushrooms. Tibithy sighed contentedly, taking a seat on the stool by the stove. On a whim, they checked the pantry, finding there nothing less than a solitary Twinkie. They pursed their lips and quietly shut the cabinet again, resuming their seat as though nothing had happened.

Who keeps just one Twinkie? It seems I have a lot to learn about this place.

terranspirit

Terra carefully pulled open the door, walking into the cozy little cottage.

"Hellooo,"  Free of the cool air outside, her hazel hues were immediately drawn to the fire, hands carefully unbuttoning the thick fasteners to her long coat. She walked carefully, drawing her gloved hand through her dark brown hair, a smile breaking on her face as she found a place near the fire to warm up and let the cold from her body. Plopping herself upon the cushioned furniture, the young woman allowed her body to relax.

"What a long day! But it would seem to end on a good note. After all, I found this place," She smiled, directing her beaming face to no one in particular.

Love is only over with both parties quit.

Check out my request thread (I suck at links and BBCode)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=262776.msg12964871#msg12964871

Ceretraks

The door slowly opens as another person finds their way into this place. A young man, thin and somewhat short, wearing Jeans and a sweater that is a little too big for him enters through slowly. Jack inspects the inside of the establishment, his eyes moving around the room in search for a place to sit down at.

After a short moment he makes his way to sit at a table, relaxing a little as he sits down. He begins looking around the room a bit more, both to try and get an idea of who else is in here as well as just to figure out whether he can order any refreshments or if he should've brought some after all.

OctaviasGspot

River moved through the wood growing tired and feeling certain she was utterly lost.  Just as she was about to give up and take a seat on the cold ground she caught scent of something familiar on the wind.  "Gingerbread?"  She followed the smell a few hundred meters to the east.  Sure enough there was a cottage right there in the woods where the smell of Gingerbread grew strongest.

Putting her black hair up in a hastily formed bun, she ruffled out the wrinkles in her skirt and sighed at the sight of the large tear in her sweater.  She had been wandering these woods for so long since losing her school group her uniform was dirty and the tear in her sweater was only made bigger from her unwittingly pulling on a thread.  She was by no means presentable but her phone was dead and she needed to call home.

She could only hope someone was in there and that they had a phone.  She approached around the side and peeked into a window.  She could see a fireplace and comfortable looking furniture.  It looked so cozy and warm she immediately went to the door and knocked. "Hello?  Is anyone in there?"

Dys Astyr

Tumbles out of the woods at a rather high velocity - wormholes can be a rather turbulent means of travel. Dusts off and then surveys the Gingerbread House which seems to be empty. Cackles gleefully at the luck of having happened by while everyone was away. Cracking her knuckles, she picks the best spot then lays out an assortment of frostings. After a fleeting pause the storm of confectionery goodness commences.

After hours with spoons and butter knives, layer upon layer of frosting has been painstakingly shaped into a sugary - if not exactly original - masterpiece that covers an entire wall of the house.

Grinning at the fruit of her labors she plops down in the soft grass with a canteen of cool water to rest her weary arms.
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Dys Astyr

I'm partial to the Josh Groban version myself. It was the first version I've ever heard and I am a fan of goofy Mr. Groban so I might be biased. XD

Oreo

That can often happen with artists and how we view them. I fell in love with Don Maclean way back when I first heard American Pie on the radio.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Dys Astyr

I like the friendlier, folk sound of the original - which is for some reason making me think of Bob Ross... >_>

Vivid Shado

After what seems like ages Shado comes to a halting stop just outside of the glow that is emanating from the windows of a house that appears out of nowhere. Tilting his head to the left slightly he drops to his knees and ponders to himself for a moment. "should I venture into this place?", he thinks to himself as his body lifts itself off the ground having already made its mind up for him.

Reaching out Shado takes hold of the cool to the touch knob and turns it to the left. As soon as the door cracks open the smell of the interior intrudes his senses. The smell of belonging and many tales adventure assaults his mind. Images of people coming and going and returning flood his thoughts as he presses the door further open. Taking a step in and letting go of the door his eyes swim from nowhere to the glow emanating from the warm flames on the logs in the fireplace. Several open chairs surround the area nearest the flames of which some are occupied while others are open. Moving with a silence born of him, Shado creeps along the shadows to one of the open chairs and silently falls into it. As soon as his body hits the seat it is instantly relaxed. A soft sigh escapes his lips as the feeling of comfort takes control. Something that he has longed for and almost forgotten.

Dys Astyr

Hears a sounds and starts awake, groggily blinking and swinging an arm, knocking over the small mountain of empty mugs that have accumulated on the table.

Whossat?

Vivid Shado

A sudden movement followed by the sound of empty mugs and a voice stir Shado from his sudden stupor into a full awareness that someone was aware of him being there. Locking eyes with Dys he tries to shrink into the shadows of the seat that he is currently occupying. Slowing reaching up with his left hand he tries to bring the cowl of his cloak further over his face while at the same time keeping his eyes still locked with Dys. In a slightly deepened voice, he states in hope that it works to his favor, "There is no one here but you."

Dys Astyr

No one but me?

It was possible, but something seemed off...

Hey, that's not my voice talking to me at all.

Grabs a spoon and brandishes it menacingly, peering around the dimly lit confines of the room.

Vivid Shado

Shado smirked at the antics that this person was displaying. He continued to sit in the shadows that the chair was providing as his pale blueish gray eyes continued to watch the actions of this person. Shaking his head from within the cowl of his cloak he grinned as he watched the door that he had left open swing suddenly closed as a draft from upstairs had caught the door closing it rather sharply.