Monsters Wanted: This Means You! (D&D Style Freeform)

Started by Henderson, June 15, 2010, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dready

Don't know about that yet. Also I'm rather tired at the moment so that concern/thought will be answered probably in an hour or two.

fallensaviour

Hello? Everybody ok? havnt seen any posts on the rp board or here in a while?

Henderson

My internet schedual is somewhat sporadic at the minute, sorry. I will try and set a post tonight though, once i'm back from work.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Drako

Henderson

Yes, a thread was started in the Exotic Light Group section called 'The Building of Silithik Wallow'
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Geradine

The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Cirus

Still room for one more, are all demons or so taken, thinking about playing something like Hellboy or the Blue Devil something like this:

Names: URUZ
Alias: The Bull
Species: Lesser Demon
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to females, but will humiliate males for his own alpha purposes
Demeanours: The quinessential defender, fiercely territorial, will even mark his territory in various ways.
Dungeon Roles: Defender of rare artifacts, areas and gateways.
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

dready

i require something a little more descriptive for a race other than lesser demon. the races from DnD are working as suitable races. also, i'm not going to have anyone defending my rare artifacts until they start proving themselves via defending the dungeon itself.

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 20, 2010, 03:06:36 PM
Name: Dev
Aliases: Devil, Demon Bat
Race: Desmodu (Don't have a link because I have all the books as pdfs. book and page number in one of my other posts.)
Disposition: A bit shy and slow to anger. Loyal to a fault though.
Description: Black fur and red eyes, hence the nicknames.
Job: excavation/map maker

not accepted, as the limit to HD is at 9 and having a creature who's HD is at 12 minimum would throw the balance of the dungeon out. please pick a different race.

Cirus

Oh it is straight out of the Monster Manual, alright well what race falls closest to that character, half minotaur?

C
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Drako

Drow Were-Dire Bat?

That's like ecl 9 before character classes.

dready

Quote from: Cirus on June 22, 2010, 06:30:15 PM
Oh it is straight out of the Monster Manual, alright well what race falls closest to that character, half minotaur?

C
there's about six lesser demons that fall under that name. i think another minotaur would be alright though.

dready

Drako

correction. ecl 9 forgot to add in the level adjustment from the lycanthrope.

Cirus

Well as you can see Uruz does not look like your standard minotaur, any leeway with that possible?

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Henderson

Teifling? IIRC the Teifling ECL and Level Adjustment isnt that high.

*sighs and cant beleive he actually started talking numbers*
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Drako

Alias: You, The Defective One
Race: Drow Were-Dire Bat
Disposition: Quiet. Defensive about her "heritage"
Description: Black skin, silver hair, lavender eyes

dready

Quote from: Cirus on June 22, 2010, 07:00:39 PM
Well as you can see Uruz does not look like your standard minotaur, any leeway with that possible?
add in the Fiendish template and it's a lv 9 before character levels are added. the template is described on the first page of this thread.

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 22, 2010, 07:09:06 PM
Alias: You, The Defective One
Race: Drow Were-Dire Bat
Disposition: Quiet. Defensive about her "heritage"
Description: Black skin, silver hair, lavender eyes
accepted, we need a topographer.

Cirus

So Uruz would be a level 9 this?

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Fiendish_Creature

Names: URUZ
Alias: The Bull
Species: Fiendish Minotaur (?)
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to females, but will humiliate males for his own alpha purposes
Demeanours: The quinessential defender, fiercely territorial, will even mark his territory in various ways.
Dungeon Roles: Defender of specific areas, especially gateways.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

dready

yeah, just have the level modification be +1 instead of +2 for this lv.

Cirus

How much dice/ freeform will there be in this romp?

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

dready

mostly freeform but with reasonable actions. for example: if person A decides to use a spell on person B who has SR 26 but person A is only lv 6, it means that they will have not much of a chance to succeed on casting a spell resistant spell against that person.

Cirus

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Cirus

Out of curiousity, is this thing still happening? I found an ancient biography of this fellow and would love to play him.

Uruz the Wandering

UR THE ROAMER

Wandering about the corridors, axe and massive fists in hand, the beast not seen for millennia, roams the ancient cities and temples looking for a fight. Grim but thoughtful, he reacts to shiny objects. Preferring darkness and solace he keeps the valiant from wandering into his trove. Ur is a massive fighter, once an orc, or some say even a demon, who only wishes to put down and squash the valiant and the righteous. Ur particularly prefers thieves and weak sorcerers as a snack- saving paladins for the main course.

Ur wields a giant axe, but uses huge fists in close quarters. He adores anything that shines, seeing it as either enemy or treasure to be guarded. His mind only knows the dungeons and its trap-things, such things as ally recognition, or sunlight, have long been forgotten.

You mess with Ur, YUR dead.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies