Taming Virus Girls (Interest Check)

Started by Rynn, December 31, 2018, 03:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynn

Quote from: The Idea in a Nutshell
The roleplay takes place in a virtual reality world(Pandora) where a group of highly disruptive computer viruses(Malwares) have taken on a physical female form. They’re not inherently evil, but they have been programmed to carry out a specific task that’s related to malicious software.

Technicians are citizens of a fictional European country called Nodessa. Their task is to enter the virtual world and either destroy, domesticate or neutralize them as threats to the world. Technicians don’t have to be super geeky tech buffs and can be average people.

The roleplay will span roughly two weeks in-game time.
So technicians need to get to work ASAP.

December 10th 20XX
The world is brought to its knees.

It wasn’t caused by religious extremists.
Nor was it caused by a deadly solar flare.
It’s not caused by some contagious health epidemic.
And thank the heavens it wasn’t caused by a nutjob with nuclear codes.
No. The world as we know it began crashing and burning around us due to something far more sinister.

It started with a guy on a computer... in his mother’s basement.
Okay, okay. I know what you’re thinking. That doesn’t sound very terrifying at all.
But what if this geeky guy was a technological genius of sorts? What if he’d managed to create a batch of highly hazardous malware programs that could mess with anything and everything on the interweb and more? And what if these Malware programs were empowered by almost flawless artificial intelligence?

Anti-malware programs quickly prove themselves to be completely ineffective against the onslaught. And even the most well-guarded data-banks are torn wide open for the world to see. Many tried to save themselves by disconnecting from the world wide web... but in a digitally advanced age everything is connected with something somewhere, and remote access is never too far away for those who know where to look.

The world is a buzz.
Privacy has been completely forfeited.
Corporate businesses are forever crippled.
Celebrity scandals are being released by the second
And with government espionage open for public viewing,
WW3 could be right around the corner.
But worst of all? Your favorite sites aren’t loading anymore.

December 16th 20XX
Almost an entire week has passed and more damage has been caused socially than Twiddler or FaceLook could ever hope to achieve.

It sucks. It sucks for everyone. But do you know who it sucks the most for?
The government of the small European Nation of Nodessa
Why? Because the aforementioned geeky guy we mentioned earlier is from Nodessa.
Fortunately for Nodessa, no one seems to have caught onto this fact just yet. The world and its various governments are way too preoccupied with damage control to launch a proper investigation into anything. The bad news is that Nodessa knows it’s only a matter of time before all eyes are savagely turned upon them. Especially since the evidence(Malware) is impossible to eradicate. Every time it’s destroyed it simply loads up somewhere else. Almost like a gamer accessing a save file every time they screw up.

Bringing its biggest and brightest minds together, the Nodessan Government launch the Artificially Intelligent Malware Subjugation (AIMS) Project.
Why the crappy name you ask? Well obviously it’s so that they can disguise it as some lackluster education initiative if future investigations stumble across any accidental records. Anyway you’re making me digress.

Stage One of the AIMS Project was to lure the Malware cores into containment.
An impossible feat, yet one that was miraculously achieved by something as simple as streaming high levels of activity through a Virtual City World dubbed Pandora.
It’s not clear whether the Malwares are oblivious to their entrapment, or if they’re puzzled by their new surroundings. But for the time being they’re secured.

What’s even more baffling is when the Malwares materialize in Pandora as young humanoid women. Caricatures who seem capable of sensing, interacting, and learning from their surroundings. Each Malware has seemingly developed traits and personalities based on their original purpose, but even more notably their artificial intelligence seems to have picked up a whole lot more that’s unbefitting of a Malware program.

An intense debate ensues.
Some wish to weaponize the Malwares to protect themselves from the world.
Others want to neutralize and use them as bargaining chips for forgiveness.
And another group adamantly insist they be completely and utterly eradicated
No clear consensus is reached, but it becomes apparent to all that someone needs to head into Pandora to negotiate or domesticate these bizarre creatures. The team consists of men and women from various walks of life; ranging from specialized jobs such as Information Technology Consultants and Police Negotiators, right down to veteran Visual Novel Players and popular YouCube live steamers.

December 17th 20XX
Stage Two is about to begin:
Convince the effeminate cyber creatures to cast aside the purpose of their existence.
Convince them to submit and cooperate to man-made directives.
Or convince them to self-terminate without a trace.

Malware Types
Backdoor: Makes your data accessible to anyone and everyone, nullifying any and all safety precautions, before disabling any form of encryption. Essentially it unlocks everything, and you can’t lock it again. Caused millions of burglaries, and prison breakouts.

Worm: Completely erased entire servers of data in an instant. It doesn’t matter whether it was your favorite streaming services, social media sites, or your medical records. It’s all gone now! All gone!

Adware: Displayed ads for the most inappropriate and humiliating things at the worst of times. Penis enlargement pills? Extramarital dating sites? Don’t want it? Don’t care, it’s been purchased for you.

Virus: Grabs something you’ve kept tucked away and copies it over onto hundreds and thousands of other computers. That shitty highschool limerick you wrote? The lewd selfie you thought you deleted? Top secret government files? Internet behold!

Spam: An interactive program that took over devices and wanted to chat with you! No seriously. It locked all other applications out until you satisfied it by having a long-winded friendly chat, and answered countless pointless questions.

Ransomware: Locked up countless computers until a ransom was paid. Many obliged in the hopes it’d keep them safe. And it did... at least from further lockouts. Unfortunately led authorities astray though by sending the funds accrued to randomly selected bank accounts.

Spyware: Spyware literally spied on you. People thought their online activity was being monitored. People were wrong. Spyware accessed any and every camera, filmed what was going on. And then posted anything it thought interesting online.

Trojan: Nicknamed the Changeling Trojan, it came in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Sometimes it would send incorrect coordinates for places, while other times it’d completely swap out an establish system for another. Essentially it made stuff up and sent it off pretending to be the requested or overwriting data.

Rogue Security: Presented itself as a program that promised to protect against the other Malwares. It worked. At least against the other listed Malwares above and below. Unfortunately it also installed unrelated bits of older malware off the internet constantly and randomly.

Rootkit: Accessed and altered private data, but not much else is known beyond that. The Rootkit Malware program was so well concealed during its activity that some argue it didn’t do anything at all to their devices. Some say it broke certain programs, others say it fixed typos.

Keylogger: Recorded everything a person had ever done on their computer. And then posted it on a website of its own making. Just type in the name of a person to view their uncensored browsing history. Or search keywords and get a list of all associated patron/matrons.

Browser Hijacker: Took complete control of countless devices. A constant stream of embarrassing moments, and secrets files/images were displayed as if someone was live streaming the unfolding chaos. Worked in tandem with the Virus and Spyware.

NOTE: We can alter bits and pieces or come up with something new. I’m not a tech guru though, and just pulled these types from some website. Some of it’s incorrect, but accuracy there isn’t really a priority for me.

RULES
- Apply roleplaying common sense
- Play nice and have fun
- GM decisions are final
- Character thingies coming soon? Hopefully?

Character Sheet
[float=left][img height=300]Image[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b] Human/Malware
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Malware Notes

There’s a few technicalities that need to be discussed in relation to creating a Malware Girl.
*Malware Girls do not have to be pure humans. Being cyber data they can look however they want. Elf ears, big fluffy tails, USB fingertips, etcetc. For the sake of the group try to keep them somewhat human-like though.

*Your characters age should be how old they look, rather than how long it’s been since they were born. I’m just chalking this up as them not being human, and practically being born mature (Eg: Clones). Needless to say, forum underage rules apply.

*Occupation refers to the Malware type of your character. (Eg: Spyware, Trojan, etc)

*The Personality of your Malware Girl should somehow relate to what sort of Malware they are. For example Adware might be persistent, loud, and spontaneous. Whereas Spyware should be none of the above. Feel free to be creative though since Spyware could range from shy-introverted yet perceptive, to a snobbish know-it-all, or just a comedic dunce who shuffles around in a shady body-length trench coat.
Please note that Malware Girls should NOT be socially balanced. They’re not humans, nor have they had direct interactions with one in the past. This makes them clueless to what many would consider common sense, they’ll be unreasonable as they’ve never had to compromise, and they’re more than likely to be hostile at times... keep in mind though that people aren’t likely to warm up to a complete bitch with no redeeming aspects.
In other words keep in mind that they’re malicious software, they aren’t the friendly girl next door. I should also note that I won’t be accepting Malwares that are self-loathing of themselves or what they do. At least not at the very start.

Technician Notes

The character sheet should be pretty straight forward for you guys. I’ve intentionally left background information out since their real life experience and relationships aren’t going to be super relevant in a virtual world. But if you feel some background info is necessary, stick it in under the “Other” section at the end.

To make Technicians a bit more interesting, they’ve been given a simple but versatile ability.
*Summon: By contacting the programming team, they’re able to import all sorts of objects into the world. Summoned objects can not have unconventional properties. Whether it be a useful trinket, romantic dinner date, or a bottle of lube. It’s all virtual data and hence can be obtained free. Keep in mind though that larger/complicated things take longer to create. Also a shoe is a shoe. It can not have a concealed blade, a tracking system, or shoot laser beams. The tech team don’t have time to design fancy new gadgets for you. This isn’t a secret agent flick.

IrishWolf

Rynn

Quote from: IrishWolf on December 31, 2018, 04:06:57 PM
*plants flag*

Very interested.
Thanks for your flag! Err interest!

I'll try and get a character thing-amabob up sometime later today, since I've stayed up way past my bedtime. Though if you've got any questions or suggestion in the meantime please throw them my way. I've only run a group game once before, and it wasn't on here. So if I'm missing anything, I wouldn't mind some veteran hands, or even just veteran eyes pointing out any important details I've missed.

Roleplay Frog

*Hunts down all the backdoorware gurls for personal reasons*

So basically the matrix meets monstergirls, eh?

'tis tempting. I'ma wait for this amabob creature though, that sounds pretty intimidating.

Metraxa

Alright, this is an interesting concept, and I can see some good potential as far as storylines and character interactions. I'm game to give it a shot.

Steir

*leaves an eyeball to keep an eye on this*

<.<...!

Also, long time no see.

Rynn

Hurray, I turn a blind eye for a dayish and come back to a few more interests!
Hello to you Roleplay Frog, hello again Steir, and Metraxa... I'm not sure. I think it's hello again to you too, but if not here's a regular "Hello" just in case.

Not sure about the Matrix thing since I wasn't really paying attention when it was on tv, and it was years ago in any case.
But the monster girl thing is pretty spot on. I'll mention it again when I get the thingamabob's put together, but in regards to the Malware characters, I really want them to be a bit... odd? Not really sure how to phrase it, (Help?) but in simple terms I don't want them to be cute friendly girl next door type of thing. So in that sense any every other sense, Monster Girl is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Confession Time!
I've been procrastinating a bit... writing up the interest check winded me a bit. T_T
But I'm all better now and putting together bits and pieces. In essence it should look like most other character applications since.... I'm referencing other roleplays on here to put the thing together. But with that said, I do want to make it meaningful.
Hopefully have something ready for everyone in a few hours, since I want to write my own up as an example too.

Roleplay Frog

Half expecting a Nigerian princess that wants to donate lotsa money to you. *nodnods*

*ahem.*

So it's come to the point where The Matrix references need context. I am old frog.

Steir

So if I understand correctly, each Virus Girl can do one thing in particular. Does that mean there's one of each type, or is it possible to have more than one of a certain type?

Is it right to think that players have a choice of either being a Virus Girl or a Technician?

What capabilities are at a Technician's disposal?

I understand why Frog was asking about the Matrix thing. Maybe we can use something more recent as an example - say something like Sword Art Online's online world?

Rynn

Another Update, Another Excuse >_<
Haven't felt too motivated these past 24 hours since my landlord is being difficult with a few things.
Also need to apply for a few new cards since I lost my money-holding thing (I don't like purses) during New Years.
So I've been keeping myself busy with that darn thing called life. I'm sure you've heard of it. It's a real pest.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on January 02, 2019, 08:25:47 AMHalf expecting a Nigerian princess that wants to donate lotsa money to you. *nodnods*
Perfect example of what I'm hoping for in this case. Though I'd imagine she'd make people jump through hoops of fire constantly. As for the Matrix I'm not really a movie person so it's probably just me. You're not old frog. You're a Survivor Frog! Where countless others have fallen, you've remain roleplaying standing

Quote from: Steir on January 03, 2019, 12:27:01 AM
So if I understand correctly, each Virus Girl can do one thing in particular. Does that mean there's one of each type, or is it possible to have more than one of a certain type?

Is it right to think that players have a choice of either being a Virus Girl or a Technician?

What capabilities are at a Technician's disposal?

I understand why Frog was asking about the Matrix thing. Maybe we can use something more recent as an example - say something like Sword Art Online's online world?
SAO is a pretty good way of describing the Technicians experience. Though I'm not sure if there's anything that correlates to the role of the Virus Girls. Technicians will be assembled at a Government owned Facility and put into pod-like things to enter Virtual Reality. They're able to log out at any time (they're not slaves or anything) if they need a break, but we won't really be roleplaying the real-life side of the Technicians.

Players can be either be a Technician or a Malware Girl.
There won't be any restrictions on what type of Malware Girl people play. We can have five Backdoor types for Frog to catch if that's what people want. It doesn't really bother me as long as the core concept of the game isn't altered.

Malware powers should correlate to the Malware type. But besides that they're relatively free. I don't imagine this becoming a PvP styled roleplay, so power restrictions are going to be pretty lax as long as it isn't game breaking. One ability all Malwares will have is self-levitation, since they're technically just swimming around in a pool of data. Gravity isn't really a thing for them.

Technicians and their abilities are a bit more complicated. I definitely want to arm them with some sort of capability, but I'm not sure how much is too much/little. At the moment I'm planning for them to have Summoning Powers. (Aka, requesting a non-playable Programming Team to code in an object for their disposal whether it be tools, weapons, or a bottle of lube.
If you have any suggestions to make Technicians more appealing, I'd be happy to talk it over. Though to keep things simple I don't want to personalize the abilities technicians have to each character.

Roleplay Frog

*heroic survival frog mode!*

Perhaps charsheets or a sample character from the DM could help this along?

Rynn

Good news abound today!
Found my money-holding-thing! I can now afford to eat again. Life is behaving itself.
And I've finally managed to simplify the character sheet enough to my liking. It can be found in the first post!
Also wrote up my own character as a point of reference.

Character Name: Tetrabyte
Player: Rynn
Type: Malware

Personality:
Tetrabyte is a free-spirited piece of Malware that genuinely harbors no ill-will towards her innumerable victims. On the contrary she perceives herself as a supportive organism that’s capable of helpfully assisting ‘customers’ by directing them towards what their hearts truly desire. Her personality could be described as socially extroverted; perhaps even friendly depending on how someone looks at it. Though her incessant curiosity towards the unknown, coupled with her inherent trouble-seeking nature make it hard for people to enjoy her company for too long. Her biggest flaws however are her stubbornness and gullibility; as Tetrabyte will happily parrot the countless lies she comes across with the utmost confidence. On countless occassions she’s happily promoted the shadiest fake products online to be genuine miracle workers. And to make matters worse she’ll go the extra mile and dig up personal details to lock them into lifelong contracts. While Tetrabyte is highly receptive and curious towards new pieces of data, she’s also incredibly stubborn. And unless she expels previously accrued information out of (what she believes to be) her own volition. She’ll refuse to embrace change of any sort.

Other:
- Tetrabyte is roughly 5ft6 and has golden blonde hair and bright green eyes.
- Her hands and feet are covered in reptilian-like scales, a thick reptilian tail, and her head is adorned by four horns that stretch out horizontally.
- Tetrabyte attitude is somewhat shaped by the marketing philosophy of ‘sex sells.’ This has made her prone to judging people by their physical looks.
- Tetrabyte believes the term ‘adware’ to be a compliment, as she believes herself to be a highly sought after saleswoman advertising brilliant wares.

Top Cat

Potentially interested, and if it goes forward, would be willing to play either side, depending on what's needed.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Rynn

Quote from: Top Cat on January 04, 2019, 11:20:51 PM
Potentially interested, and if it goes forward, would be willing to play either side, depending on what's needed.

It'd be a pleasure to have you Top Cat!
We've managed to put together a fair few faces now, so I'm hoping that my initial slowdown didn't put people off. Starting this up right after new years wasn't a good call on my behalf... but hopefully it won't matter now. Not really sure how we are in terms of balance at the moment. But we should get a better idea of that once characters start trickling in. I should probably mention though that I'm not super fussed if there's more Technicians or Malwares. Sharing is caring, and more importantly, sharing leads to more fun  ;)

IrishWolf

Oh I was hoping there would be an adware girl. Ads have gone too long without punishment!

I should have a character up tomorrow

FrostRose

Oh my, I have to say, I really love this concept you have written up here Rynn.
So whilst I know I am new to the forum, I'd love to plant down my own interest in the game.

I'll try to see if I can't come up with a concept of my own, but I will most likely create a Malware, though choosing one of the types is going to be hard. They all sound like such fun to build a character concept around.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Rynn on January 04, 2019, 11:51:25 PM
a fair few faces now,

Why yes. I agree.

Leaning programmer/Agent/Definitly not tasked by evil organization. I'll be deciding details once I get a bit better idea of what things need dealing with. :P

Also! There's a lot of character inspiration from not just the types of malware, but real world examples; quirky anime girl:
http://malware.wikia.com/wiki/MEMZ

Gothic style:
http://malware.wikia.com/wiki/MrsMajor.exe

Femdom? .. or maybe bimboey type:
http://malware.wikia.com/wiki/You_Are_An_Idiot

Top Cat

Trying to look up some age-appropriate characters for a Ransomware idea I have, and I've come across a few characters that aren't what I'm looking for, but might make good fodder for someone else.
Tora / Aira Kanae
Lunch (I never think of her for E, but she's a great tertiary character for this, IMO! Just not right for that I have in mind.)

Run out of time for the moment, I'll try again later.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Top Cat

I'm not completely satisfied with this image for her, but here's my submission for a Virus Girl:

Character Name: Love Is Like Oxygen (Lilo)
Player: Top Cat
Personality: Lilo is very lighthearted and carefree, except where love and relationships comes into play. She often seems childlike, taking joy in juvenile pursuits and enjoyments like ice cream cones, park swings, hopscotch, and the like, but is actually fairly intelligent, and often surprises people with her insights.

Other: In the real world, Lilo is a surprisingly advanced, but fairly harmless, ransomware. Once a system is infected, she takes control and plays the main refrain from the song relentlessly (quoted below), but she can be expunged by some fairly basic removal strategies involving external boot drives, and she makes no attempts to encrypt or destroy data. For people who aren't savvy enough, her "payment" method is deceptive, as it offers the victim payments at $5, $55, $555, and $5555. The $5555 payment will clear the virus completely (offering no protection against being re-infected), but the lower payment methods will make it LOOK like the virus has been removed, while really leaving the virus dormant for a set amount of time - $5 gets 5 hours, $55 gets 5 days, and $555 gets 5 weeks, after which the virus will activate again.

In the digital world, Lilo likes making friends, but takes her music's lines a little too seriously. She tries to break up larger, non-traditional relationships (harems, polyamory, etc.) by making the members doubt the trustworthiness and fidelity of the relationship, and will start scheming to kill anyone who seems to have not had romantic or sexual relationships for "too long." How long that is depends on her mood. She seems to have a fascination with the number 5, and any number that is a repetition of 5s.

Lyrics:
Love is like oxygen
You get too much you get too high
Not enough and you're gonna die
Love gets you high

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Full lyrics at https://genius.com/Sweet-love-is-like-oxygen-lyrics
Image source: M870 from Girls Frontline
O/O / Story Seeds

Steir

Hmmm.... Let's see...

Character Name: Keys And Exits Discovery Engine (Kaede)
Player: Steir
Personality: Kaede is an easygoing malware who comes and goes as she pleases. No amount of security will keep her away from anything that catches her interest, and she leaves as soon as the interest wanes. She sees such security measures as a challenge to her capability, and will thoroughly open any security measure presented before her eventually. She wouldn't hesitate to ask her fellow viruses for help if it would make the job easier.

Other:
-Kaede is about 5'5" in human form, with long brown hair and brown eyes.
-Kaede finds the concept of phantom thieves to be cool, and fashions her appearance after such individuals.
-She has a very strong level of curiosity, and will attempt to unlock anything that is closed. Not even a box is safe from her.
-She has a growing collection of keys on her person, each key representing a security measure or encryption she has undone.

FrostRose

Lololol, I am so glad I was having trouble with deciding on a faceclaim, and had two images I was considering. It seems Top Cat had the same for one of those (though different image, same character).
I was originally going to go with this image:

Top Cat

Quote from: FrostRose on January 07, 2019, 12:48:04 AM
Lololol, I am so glad I was having trouble with deciding on a faceclaim, and had two images I was considering. It seems Top Cat had the same for one of those (though different image, same character).
I was originally going to go with this image:

I'd considered that one. I didn't want to edit the image (and didn't want to use it as-is) at that time. If I still use her, I do expect to use that one. Not many pictures of her around, and I only want to use ones that have heart-eyes.  ^-^\

Edit: And if she matches your character concept well, by all means, use her. I can find another pic/character.
O/O / Story Seeds

Prosak

Character Name: Jacob Burns
Player: Prosak
Type: Human
Personality: Jacob is a diligent and proactive worker with a kindhearted and cheerful disposition. A man who is often thoughtful, well-mannered, and empathetic towards those around him. While he often appears to be clueless, he is shown to be highly intelligent, and is able to analyze each situation from a logical perspective while discerning the best course of action. He rarely goes out, even with friends. Typically staying home when he is not working or acting as a Technician. A geek at heart, he shamelessly likes to act out his fantasies and is prone to outlandish poses. He became a Technician becouse of a genuine intrigue and interest in Malware. It is totally not a fetish and just a curious interest. (Nose bleeds.)

Other: Chess Club captain back in high school. Enjoy's VR FPS games (Is pretty good at them for a casual.). 5 foot 6. 127 ibs. Has a freakishly fast metabolism.

Roleplay Frog

Character Name: Dr. Eren Stein
Player: Roleplay Frog

Personality: A pleasant and well mannered personality hides Dr.Stein's darker ambition and determination. These programs, sentient bit of independent code have been created by humanity, and like all of it's creations, they are ment to serve humanity. Any disagreement with such notions is a sign of a malfunction that needs to be adjusted. The unqiue talents of many incarnated viruses make them useful, but if they can not realize their potential, they need a strong hand encouraging them.
-Straight dom
-His real life apperance and avatar are pretty much the same
-Is honest, but manipulative
-Afraid of Germs.
-Has slight Narcissistic tendencies
-Likes to play classical music
-Considers video games a waste of time.
-Harvest moon is an exeption.

Other:
He hopes to aquire a program that will give him the edge he needs to overtake one of the largest tech corporations, in which he is currently a mid-high ranking employee and minority shareholder.

Rynn

Oh wow, so many characters! Since there's a lot of stuff I need to respond to, I'll get started on my commentary right away.
Long story short though? I'm happy with the characters people have submitted so far, and they're all accepted in their current forms. Improvements and alterations can be made, and would be awesome. But what you guys have going at the moment is more than good enough for me.

TopCat/Lilo
There's a lot that I love about Lilo; but her fascination with the number '5' is probably that made me smile the most. It was cute, and I promise it wasn't a sadistic or creepy smile
I really like her tendency towards relationships. Especially her tendency to scheme murder against relationship loners. I probably liked the part about her trying to break up relationships even more... but I'm a bit worried that restricting it to 'non-traditional relationships' might make it a bit redundant. Technically Technicians are supposed to "Tame" all the girls (to bring them under control). And that could be seen as them trying to make a harem. But if people opt for a "one at a time" approach, I feel like it's an opportunity lost. Everything else about Lilo point to a whole lot of fun though, and she has my full approval.

Steir/Kaede
Thanks to a certain Frog, I keep thinking something different when I see the word "Backdoor" now...
Kaede sounds adorable in a very weird way. It didn't take much for me to start picturing a Technician character tempting her over with an unopened 'box' of surprises. My main concern in regards to her is the keys. The Malware Girls wreaked a lot of havoc during the week they exposed themselves to the world. And each girl would have infected/interacted with far more than a million devices. I mean, it is a global crisis. I'm fine with her key thing, but I just can't imagine how a 5'5 character could keep that many keys on her person. Though... it is cyberspace, so it could just be stored away and pulled out of nowhere. It's compressed data!

Prosak/Jacob
Hello! And Welcome!
Who doesn't love a character that's prone to outlandish poses? Certainly not me!
Though I'm more interested in what a sort of fantasies a geek has.
Jacob is fine as he is, but if you'd be up for it; I'd really like it if you could mention Jacob's attitude towards the Malware Girls.
Does their existence excite his geeky nature? Or is he seeking vengeance after they tampered around and ruined his favorite FPS?

Roleplay Frog/Eren
Oh, a character with multiple facets/layers! Characters with ambition are always fun to mess interact with.
There isn't really much else for me to say here since I can't think of anything that worries me. And I don't really want to list what I like about him, since I'd just be echoing the character sheet. I did find it interesting that he's afraid of germs though.

FrostRose
Ah, I hate it when that happens. Though... I can't say it's happened to me before. What are the odds of that happening anyway?
I'm really looking forward to whatever you manage to come up with, and if you need any help, I'm sure the others and obviously myself would be more than happy to provide any assistance you need.

Top Cat

@Rynn: Just because she's trying to break up harems doesn't mean she's any good at it.  >:)

And... can she recognize when she's actually PART of a harem? If so, is she trying to drive the others out ("Liberate the Viruses!") or escape herself? Only the story and muses will tell.  :P
O/O / Story Seeds

Prosak

@Rynn: Edited it, you had a very good point. ;) . :

Character Name: Jacob Burns
Player: Prosak
Personality: Jacob is a diligent and proactive worker with a kindhearted and cheerful disposition. A man who is often thoughtful, well-mannered, and empathetic towards those around him. While he often appears to be clueless, he is shown to be highly intelligent, and is able to analyze each situation from a logical perspective while discerning the best course of action. He rarely goes out, even with friends. Typically staying home when he is not working or acting as a Technician. A geek at heart, he shamelessly likes to act out his fantasies and is prone to outlandish poses. He became a Technician because of a genuine intrigue and interest in Malware. It is totally not a fetish and just a curious interest. (Nose bleeds.)

Other: Chess Club captain back in high school. Enjoy's VR FPS games (Is pretty good at them for a casual.). 5 foot 6. 127 ibs. Has a freakishly fast metabolism.

Steir

It is indeed the wonders of compressed data. |3c

She'd probably have some keys she could quickly pull out as needed, and occasionally have keys spill out on a collision. And yes, she's a sucker for boxes that needs to be opened.

Of course, new security measures/encryption won't have a key yet. Something Kaede must correct immediately to add to her collection of keys. Maybe she enjoys a chase by technicians in the same way phantom thieves have a rival detective going after them?

:D

FrostRose

@TopCat
Thank you for the offer, but I don't want to make you start searching for an image again :3
I had a few I found few I liked, but I might just change my concept up a bit, and go with this image instead.

But wow, there sure was a boost of new characters. They sure sound like fun :3
I'll try to see if I can't get up my character sheet today :3

Top Cat

Quote from: Steir on January 07, 2019, 08:24:46 PM
She'd probably have some keys she could quickly pull out as needed, and occasionally have keys spill out on a collision.
Or a keyring that only seems to have a few keys on it at any time, but she shuffles through and other keys appear and disappear. A "keyring of holding," of sorts. ;)

@FrostRose: OK. She looks playful!
O/O / Story Seeds

Prosak

@Frostrose. I do like the pic, if you go for it no complaints here ;) lol.

Metraxa

Character Name: Evelyn Costanza
Player: Metraxa
Personality: In the real world Evelyn is a fairly laid back sort, the kind who believes in taking things as they come and not getting unduly worried about anything. She's confident in her abilities and doesn't see a need to prove herself, unless particularly provoked by someone. Can get annoyed at fussy individuals, for what that might matter. When working she's much more focused and serious, devoting herself to whatever task is at hand. As for the Malware, she mostly sees them as something to deal with, her reactions depending on what she's interacting with. But if some strike her fancy she's not above a bit of fun while on the job. Still, she was hired by the AIM Project, and she'll do what they want her to do as long as they paty her salary and don't complain about her workplace habits.

Other:
-Likes to listen to music while working
-Her avatar is definitely not compensating for being old. Honest.

FrostRose

@Prosak & TopCat
Thank you <3
Hopefully I can make her as playful as the image shows :3

Character Name: Nerro
Player: FrostRose
Type: Human/Malware
Personality:  For the cookies!- Nerro early on in her Virus career found an appetite for the cookies on the web and it didn't take her long to make it her personal mission to collect, and eat them all. Leaving a trail of cookie crumbs where ever she goes; for the unlucky fools who's computers she passed through, she left a few of the things she copy'd, pasting it where ever she found would be the best place for it. Of course not considering that the places she considered a good place, wasn't perhaps the best one for the owner of passwords, documents and private, and embarrassing files, she shared around.
Perhaps a little clueless, Nerro stubborn naivety does make it hard to convince her what she is doing is wrong, since she genuinely believes what she's doing is perfectly okey. After all from what she has gathered off the interwebs, computers and programs don't have any feelings, and therefor what she's doing can't hurt it. As well, the first thing she learned on her own, was that having secrets, and lying is a very bad thing. So in the end, she's doing the humans a solid. They should be paying her, but out of the goodness of her heart, all she takes as payment are the cookies.

Other:
-Nerro stands at 5 foot 2.
-She will do a lot of things for the cookies.

Roleplay Frog

Roleplay Frog/Eren
Oh, a character with multiple facets/layers! Characters with ambition are always fun to mess interact with.
There isn't really much else for me to say here since I can't think of anything that worries me. And I don't really want to list what I like about him, since I'd just be echoing the character sheet. I did find it interesting that he's afraid of germs though.

Aww shucks, you'll make me blush (which creates a brownish color for a green frog if you wonder.)
The germophobia is done for two reasons, one is that it can enhance kinky dominance by way of overcoming your fears in virtual forms, virus girls are computer-germs in a way after all. The other is that I like to keep my characters imperfect, and this fit. ^^

QuoteThanks to a certain Frog, I keep thinking something different when I see the word "Backdoor" now...

Corruption sucessful. Nothing wrong with being a backdoor-girl if you're into it though!

QuotePersonality:  For the cookies!- Nerro early on in her Virus career found an appetite for the cookies on the web

I hate that I haven't thought of that concept myself as it amuses me now. :P

tallandhandsome

Hello! This sounds like a really cool game and I'd love to be a part of it. Hopefully there's still room!

Character Name: Eric Stolling
Player: tallandhandsome
Personality: Although Eric may look relaxed, his life is anything but. At the age of 10 he was declared by the Nodessan chapter of MENSA to be a genius. A year later, Eric published a critical paper on the distribution of specific mutations in cancer cells. Eric completed his Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at the age of 18. Since the global Malware tragedy, Eric devoted his life to becoming a technician. Despite Eric's fascination with biology and data, his personality is far from dry. He loves to joke around with his colleagues, throw dinner parties, and in general be around those who don't focus on his massive brain (he's pretty shy about it).

Other:
-Eric loves taking pictures of random fungi he sees on trees.

Rynn

I really should have chosen a better time to start this... Ah well, hopefully you guys aren't too bothered by how slow I am at the moment. It will get better...... maybe? probably? hopefully.

Prosak/Jacob
Thanks for taking the time to add the extra info. I'm looking forward to how he plays out.

FrostRose/Nerro
A virus girl who collects cookies? Interesting concept! I like how you've used your creativity to give cookies a double meaning. It'll be interesting to see one girl hoarding cookies, and another hoarding keys. I think her honesty as a character could lead to a lot of interesting interactions as well. Approved!

Metraxa/Evelyn & Tallandhandsome/Eric
Both of you have come up with a pretty interesting character. But they've also made me hit a roadblock of sorts.
It's technically my fault, since I should have stated this in a more accessible/notable section of the starter post. But I mentioned in the initial quote that Technician's "real appearance and VR appearance will be kept the same for simplicity sake." So there's a bit of a conflict there.

There's two obvious solutions.
- The first one is that you guys remove the avatars, and we just stick to the original plan of characters taking on their real-life appearances.
- The second option is that we change the rules, and everyone can add an avatar (if they wish to do so).

I'm honestly fine with either choice. The only thing I'd like to note is that the entire roleplay will take place inside the Virtual City. So how a character actually looks is pretty redundant in terms of plot. I do realize it can add a bit to a characters backstory (Eg; Evelyn compensating for 'not' being old).

If we put the avatar issue off to the side though, I like the concepts behind both characters. So after a bit of feedback from the others and yourselves, I think we've got enough people to get started.

Metraxa

I don't mind either way, I'm willing to delete the avatar if needed. I missed that bit in the OP, and wanted to use the picture :P That's all really

Top Cat

I'm all in favor of the Avatar images. Something a clever virus can use to embarrass their eventual controller. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

Prosak

Im fine either way, my character will look the same as in real life though lol.

Rynn

Since the 3/4 people it concerns have voiced their opinion, and I doubt Frog will care either way. I'm just going to go ahead and say that Technicians can create their own avatar. Eren's narcissism makes me think he'll look like his real life self anyway.

As things stand:
-We've got 4 Technician
Jacob/Eren/Evelyn/Eric

- And 4 Malwares
Tetra/LILO/Kaede/Nerro

We could use a few more faces on either side, but for the time being that seems like a pretty sweet number to go with. All of the characters listed above have been approved... and I guess I need to create a character thread thing for them. Along with a chat thread and an IC? (Is that how things work here? I'm just guessing after a good look around).

Prosak

Roleplay Frog

Wha huh, whats Frog care about? Oh.. look, I'm the only one that lovingly read your first post! Definitly lazy about image-googlin!

I always recommend an OOC hub with all the links to the different topics, charsheets and ic, perhaps later there can be sexytimes, but you can do that ic too usually. *nodfrogs*

edit: Right-o, not bumping this, but.

*plays Funeral Dirge*

Rynn

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on January 11, 2019, 07:27:41 AM
*plays Funeral Dirge*

I hate to say this, but I think you might be right.

I've been holding off on admitting that for awhile now, but you're right. It's been a week since the last post in here, and I don't really see my circumstances improving.

Since I lack the expertise (and more importantly 'time') to run this at the moment, it might be for the best if I knife it now rather than stringing everyone along indefinitely. I might try again when I have more free time, and have gotten back into the swing of roleplaying, (a few friends couldn't hurt either).

Top Cat

It is what it must be. Maybe next time. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

Steir

No worries. Maybe when things settle down and you come across the idea again we can get it up.

:)