GM Seeking Patient Player for Anima: Beyond Fantasy 1x1 [Closed]

Started by Blythe, April 25, 2014, 10:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

I told myself I wasn't going to look for another roleplay, but I'm having a hardcore craving. I would absolutely love to GM a one on one game in the Anima: Beyond Fantasy tabletop setting. I really love just about everything in that setting, and I would be willing to work with what you want if you are craving something within the setting not listed here. Any gender pairings are acceptable to me during the course of this game, and as for the RP category, I would be willing to go up to Extreme if necessary. Familiarity with the setting is a must; we can negotiate what you would like. Please read my Ons and Offs as well as taking a peek at my Roleplaying Preferences, the former can be found as a link in my signature and the latter can be found as a link around my avatar. I have only one strong Off for this game: I will not rolelay any submissive female characters in sex scenes. Dominant ones, sure, but not submissive female characters. Anything else is potentially up for discussion regarding what you might want out of the NPCs of this game. I would much prefer that the NPCs, if there are sex scenes, to be switches or Dominants, but a non-female submissive could be arranged upon request. I would also be happy with no D/s elements at all, if you prefer. ^^

I would strongly prefer this to be a system game, but if a partner absolutely and desperately needs this to be Freeform, I might make an exception if they approach me with a very persuasive idea. Here's just a few of the countries/organizations I like:

* Wissenschaft/Lucretio (Would likely have a sci-fantasy theme)
* Moth (would likely have a strong horror theme)
* The Sacred Empire of Abel
* Any of the countries in the Azur Alliance
* Lannet or Shivat could be really interesting, too!

A few FAQ:
* I can help you create your character if needed. I know that the character creation for Anima can be a bit ridiculous and complicated. I'm not perfect at it myself, but I do know how to do it. I would prefer your character start at level 1. You may choose to play as a Nephilim if you wish.
* I have the following sourcebooks: Core Rulebook, Arcana Exxet, Dominus Exxet, and the GM's Toolkit. You may use anything from those books to make your character. However, I don't have access to any of the other books.
* If you feel ambitious, you may create more than one character. Maximum of 3. Any more, and you will give this poor GM a headache.
* I will accept only one game of this, as Anima is complex and hard to run.
* I don't care about the gender of the writer or what the gender is of your character. I'm laid back about this, I promise.
* I need a patient partner for this game. Anima can take some serious time to set up, and I am often very busy, but you will always know if I can or cannot post. I try my best to keep my writing partners informed if I cannot post either via PM or my A/A thread.

Post your interest in this thread, please.

schnookums

It's been a very long time since I played Anima (played being a bit of a misnomer since the game didn't last long at all) but I'm definitely intrigued by the idea. I would need to do some serious reading up on it but I am interested in playing if you'd have me.

Blythe

Note to those viewing the thread: I will update the title and first post when this idea is taken. As of now, it is still open.

Quote from: schnookums on April 25, 2014, 11:26:03 PM
It's been a very long time since I played Anima (played being a bit of a misnomer since the game didn't last long at all) but I'm definitely intrigued by the idea. I would need to do some serious reading up on it but I am interested in playing if you'd have me.

Could you give me an idea of what type of character you would be interested in or perhaps one of the factions/countries I listed as a starting point of interest? I hesitate to promise to begin a game unless I know what a player is more specifically interested in.

schnookums

I most certainly could give you an idea! Just...not this very second. I would need to severely brush up on the world before I could give an informed choice. That being said, having read the choices Moth seems intriguing mostly due to the whole horror theme idea, something I'm a big fan of. So that's at least a starting point.

Blythe

Quote from: schnookums on April 26, 2014, 01:12:14 AM
I most certainly could give you an idea! Just...not this very second. I would need to severely brush up on the world before I could give an informed choice. That being said, having read the choices Moth seems intriguing mostly due to the whole horror theme idea, something I'm a big fan of. So that's at least a starting point.

Awesome! Just post here when you have an idea (I do understand that you would want to brush up on the setting; Anima has a lot to it!). For now, I'll leave this open until we can talk shop a bit more, but I do really like the country of Moth, so consider me intrigued.

Since I'm in discussions with schnookums and another player who also messaged me, please consider this closed for now until I know whether or not I've worked something out with one of my potential players.

schnookums

I'll still need to continue reading the material, but from reading through character creation I was drawn to certain classes. I'm thinking of a magic type, someone who has felt she's reached the limits of what she's been taught and has startled to dabble a bit in things that should not be meddled with. She's hasn't quite realized just how dangerous that is, and how unprepared she is in dealing with such matters. (The class that had jumped out to me on this was warlock, but I wanted to keep things somewhat vague since that specific choice might not work out.)