Dutiful Bride - Groom Wanted. [VAN-H/Ex]

Started by Oniya, November 08, 2008, 10:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Ever since she left childhood behind, Ainnir had known that she would eventually marry.  Not only was it tradition, it was necessary - the clan had been decimated in the wars, and survival depended on the expansion of many new families.  Her parents had sent her name in to the Elders as soon as she came of age, and it wasn't long before they sent a name back.  The name of her husband, she assumed.  Now she was preparing herself for her big day.  She had already received the gifts of a new bride, including an injection that would ensure that she would bear a healthy child.  Her dress accented her lush curves, the pale green a symbol of new life, and she had seen a number of appreciative glances as she walked down to the celebrant.

Then the door to the groom's chamber had opened, and she saw him for the first time.  She hadn't expected this...

The rest of the story:  Ainnir's clan is desperate for new children.  Recently, the Elders have decided that some fresh blood will be necessary to keep the clan from dying out.  Ainnir's husband is part of that fresh blood.  He might be from another clan - possibly a former enemy being placated - or he might be from another race entirely.  Time frame is post-modern, with some scientific advances (such as the fertility injection) and some regressions (such as the devolution into clans).  Fantasy or sci-fi elements (or both) can occur, depending on who Ainnir ends up with (I'm a fan of Earthdawn and Shadowrun as world concepts, though this doesn't have to fit into either).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WyzardWhately

This hits several of my buttons.  :D

If you're still wanting to do this, I'd be happy to put something together.  I probably prefer more the fantasy/Earthdawn vibe, although it's been quite some time since I looked at that setting.  So, if you'd like to shoot me a PM, we can work out the necessary details.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17