Where do GMs go for help?

Started by Ramael, May 11, 2013, 06:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Hi team! Just wondered if there's a specific place/board/person where starters of games go for help.

To confirm, the issue isn't technical, it's social, and is a touchy question of etiquette, manners, and morale.  Ideally I'd like to speak to a bunch of other experienced GM's in a rather discreet fashion.

Thanks!

Sarena

The GM's Corner might be a good place to start. There's all manner of support, advice, and camaraderie going on in there!
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Oreo

You are also welcome to bring the discussion to PM with Staff. Many have experience in dealing with *such situations.

(edit: Silly mind playing games with my fingers - *such, not touch)

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ramael

Quote from: Sarena on May 11, 2013, 06:27:34 AM
The GM's Corner might be a good place to start. There's all manner of support, advice, and camaraderie going on in there!

Thank you, took it there! I knew there must be a board for this kind of thing, just couldn't find it.

Quote from: Oreo on May 11, 2013, 06:48:28 AM
You are also welcome to bring the discussion to PM with Staff. Many have experience in dealing with touch situations.

Considering this, as well. Thanks.

Lord Mayerling

I have a .pdf file that is an excellent resource for GMing. If you PM me an email address I'll send it to you.