News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A magic story but with a difference

Started by Lady Jenn, November 11, 2011, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Magic doesn't exist. Its a toy used to entertain children at birthday parties and fool those two ignorant to see the trick

At least, that is the official line.

The truth about magic is far different. It is real, and there are magic users both good and bad at work, and a myriad of magical creatures few are aware exists.

Now one man is on the run. He is hiding a dark secret, one the darker magical forces are desperate to get their hands on. Your life and his are about to collide, and yours will never be the same again

Your character can fall into one of three categories:

1) Someone hiding their magical abilities.
2) Someone who has magical abilities but has yet to realise it.
3) Someone with no magical skill at all but who gets caught up in events by mistake.

This is set in modern times so no broomsticks, horses, or other such "traditional" magical story devices.

Not sure what else to say so feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I'll be setting up the RP under the name "The dark side of magic"

albatross

This sounds very interesting!

I have little experience with magic so I'll take the character of someone who doesn't have magical powers at all but gets caught up in everything by mistake.

I'm new here, I'm still unapproved, so would you like me to go reply in the non-adult role play forum?

Lady Jenn

Yeah, the RP should be there (well, considering I posted it a while ago I really HOPE it should be there).

Like I said, its called The Dark Side of Magic

Altair1983

If their is still spots left in this game id like to throw my hat in.

Lady Jenn

Sure, we might need to find a way to get you into the story though. Take a look at the thread and see if you can think of a good way to join it

Hunter Phoenix

This is pretty interesting :) if there are any spots open for someone who is hiding their magical abilities then im up for it :)
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Lady Jenn

its quite a long way through at this point so it might be a bit hard to catch up I'm afraid :/

Hunter Phoenix

ah damn :/ maybe i could work in somehow? i really like magic based RP's

Lady Jenn

hmm, well right now we're in the middle of a magical forest being threatened by two bow-armed centaurs we can't see but who are barely missing us with arrows. Can you think of a good way to come in at that point?

Hunter Phoenix

i'll keep a follow on the thread, if an opening presents itself, then i could work my way in, at the moment im thinking i could have a forest ranger type character that has had encounters with creatures like that before and possibly tries to lead you through the forest? im just reading through the thread at the moment, the story is pretty solid :)

like i say, i'll keep an eye on the thread, if an opening presents itself then i'll ask you if i can work my way in, i don't think the forest ranger idea would be a great one.

Lady Jenn

yeah, sorry, the Sentinels and Dryads have rather got that covered xP wasn't expecting anyone else to join so having to juggle several characters at once lol

Hunter Phoenix

haha no worries :) this is a pretty cool thread though so even if i can't join, i think i shall end up following it all the same :)

Lady Jenn

there's a bit of a nasty surprise coming when they reach Venn (the dragon they're trying to get to). he's not a villiain but...well, I don't want to spoil the surprise lol

Hunter Phoenix

haha cool :) i look forward to getting there, im only just onto page 2 now XD it's been a great beginning.

Lady Jenn

it may get a bit hard to follow as it goes on...apologies in advance if it does :P

Hunter Phoenix

haha no worries :) i read a lot so I know about complex plotlines XD and I know magick as well, since I practice it :) i know all of this won't be fact but it's been great so far :D

Lady Jenn

I quite like the idea that its not that magic isn't real, we just either can't see it or don't want to

Hunter Phoenix

yeah it is a rather interesting topic :)

Lady Jenn

my RP partner does point out at one point in the story that she's surprised, considering the dragons evidently possess the powers to sweep humanity aside that they refuse to, especially since they think we're screwing up the world :P

OrchidofDarkness

Is this already closed or are you still looking for possible players?
Every thing I gave is wasted, and I'm the one whos suffocated.

Lady Jenn

unless you fancy reading the entire RP so far or a really long-winded explanation I think its probably closed at this point

Lady Temptress

Hello everyone. May I join this roleplay? I'm still waiting to be approved. Could I play the 3 rd choice? I know magic's, but the 3rd one sound's fun.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

Think its a bit far through to get into now. Plus not sure what's happening with it currently, there haven't been any posts in it for a while  :-\

Lady Temptress

Ah okay, well darn. I am trying to find an rp while I am awaiting approval here. Any idea's for an rp for me here?
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

I've got one that needs RPers but unless you like sci-fi you may not like it

Lady Temptress

I love Sci Fi.  What's the name of it?
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Time is running out" is the name, worth reading the request thread in this section before you read the RP itself though

Lady Temptress

Thank's. That sound's fun. I will check it out.
Lady Dreamer