Heroes For Hire (Interest check)

Started by DigitLninja, May 11, 2012, 03:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

Inspired by this image:

Story:
A Dominant king sits upon his throne, having managed to best all his opponents and dominate the people to serve him he is happy to say that he has concurred the world!

And now he's bored, he sits slumped low in his chair feeling incredibly lazy and wanting nothing more than to have someone try to oppose him so he could have a reason to kill them.
That's when the idea hit him, he sent out a missive to any and all country's informing everyone of the strength and power of the king and offering a reward for anyone willing to rise up to oppose him.
This brought new vigor to the king, knowing that at any time someone could burst into his castle demanding battle, caused him to begin training again and preparing for the next opponent.
The Evil King had no intention of letting any hero survive to receive his or her promised reward, though any opponents would likely become his slaves when defeated.
It promised to be a good time... for the king anyway.

The Idea:
Basically I will be making an 'evil' king character, at any time you may create a hero to attack the king. Should the Hero fail he or she will be made into a slave to the king, or be killed.
Any tactic to 'dethrone' the king is allowed, attacks and battle will be conducted with dice rolls, and we will determine HP with Dice as well.
A character can be based on any era in time, around any weapon, or training you like. All characters must have at least one fear or one weakness to exploit.

Click Here for the Character Thread

Click Here for the OOC Thread

Character Sheet:
(code is below)

Image/Description:
Name:
HP: (roll seven D20, add the results, multiply by two)
Biography:
Personality:
Weapons:
Skills:
Powers:
Fears:
Weaknesses:
Willing to be Enslaved:
Willing to Die:

[center][b]Image/Description:[/b][/center]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]HP:[/b] (roll seven D20, add the results, multiply by two)
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Weapons:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Willing to be Enslaved:[/b]
[b]Willing to Die:[/b]
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Saikotsu

Hmm. Could I perhaps use one of my old Besm characters?
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Vaulera

Would I post my character on the character thread, or here, to be approved?

DigitLninja

go ahead and post in the character thread.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

we have one hero to challenge the king so far. I plan on starting this game on Monday... so tomorrow for me.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

story thread will be up around noon mountain time.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

Here is the In Character Thread.

couple hours later than I would have liked but it's up ^^;
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

those of you who are wondering the In Character thread is up, I posted the link and such above...
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

We are still open, it's slow going right now so feel free to jump in.
Quotes to Live by:

DigitLninja

alright I'm going to keep trying with this game... I want those of you who are interested to know that I'm looking for just as much action/adventure as sex, I want battles to be exciting and drawn out.

If you have a creative idea let me know because I want to make this exciting.

I'll be restarting the IC thread on Saterday.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

Sorry i haven't jumped in yet. I'll post when you reboot.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

if anyone has some ideas to share for this game, feel free to let me know.
Quotes to Live by:

Occident

Is there any backstory that we need know about?

DigitLninja

not really but I think the game has officially died.
Quotes to Live by: