Slur language

Started by Captain Maltese, May 24, 2018, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

Oh, I hate to ask. What are the Elliquiy rules on racial/sexual/political slurs and similar language within the context of a fiction story? I would hate to use language like that in the real world but when I have a character in a story it makes sense for him or her to use the common language of that time and place, and it won't always be politically correct according to today's linguistic standards. Is this fine within this website and these fiction stories or do I need to tighten it up to stay within guidelines?

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Kye

You are welcome to use such language in story posts.  There are no rules against it.

Captain Maltese

Thanks Kyrsa! That clears it up for me.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Kye

midnightblack

I've raised a similar question not too far in the past. One extra bit of advice that I was given was to add a small disclaimer in the opener post of that particular story, warning of the nature of said provocative content. Might be a good idea to follow on that if you feel that what you intend to write has the potential to seriously trigger some people. Not that there wouldn't be an extremely small chance for the wrong person to wander in that story and get blasted by outrage, but better to have it there and be covered, than deal with any weird form of drama.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)