TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

v1.14.0, a minor update:

**Tidy Menus**
A new setting (under "Remove Header and Footer Items") that folds a number of menu items under the 'Home' menu to leave space for more features later on :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Ritsu

Oh my goodness, Thank you for that! That was one of the main reasons I was iffy about keeping the script enabled. It was so big on the menu bar.

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on July 05, 2015, 09:31:56 AM
Oh my goodness, Thank you for that! That was one of the main reasons I was iffy about keeping the script enabled. It was so big on the menu bar.

No problem.  There may well be a few more things I can do to make more space up there.  Giving it some thought now :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Ssieth on July 05, 2015, 09:35:48 AM
No problem.  There may well be a few more things I can do to make more space up there.  Giving it some thought now :)

And, as promised, "My Messages" => "PMs", "My Bookmarks" => "BMs" in v1.14.1

JaredSyn

Did the last update remove the My Bookmarks and My Messages from the title bat I no longer see then after the update?

Ssieth

Quote from: JaredSyn on July 05, 2015, 04:53:57 PM
Did the last update remove the My Bookmarks and My Messages from the title bat I no longer see then after the update?

If you have the "Tidy Menus" setting on (it's on by default) then they are renamed "PMs" and "BMs" to save some space up there.  You can put the menus back the way they were by disabling "Tidy Menus".  It can be found in the "Remove Header and Footer Items" section of the settings.

JaredSyn

Thank You I was like crapt my bookmarks and messages are gone LOL. You rock SSieth.

Nowherewoman

Well, Ms. Bondage. We meet again.

Here's a new one for ya- keeping in mind I have no idea if it's doable, since I r compootur duncz

-the ability to hide topics in a given thread. Where I see this being most useful would be in RP requests, where you've looked at someone's list, know that what they're looking for is nothing that interests/fits with you, and you don't want to keep dealing with new activity baloons and scrolling past stuff you already know you're not gonna play.

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Blythe

Small typo!

Remove Header and Footer Items
Remove shuotbox?

Misspelling for 'shoutbox'

As a note, the SB color settings do not work for me at all in any channel of the SB. I'm a Chrome user.

Nymphadora

Ssieth you've done it again with the Bookmark Tags!

Love it!

Thanks so much for your work!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Reno

I have to say, I love this. Thanks for it!

I do think I might have found a bug, though. I was testing the various "remove" items, and it's not removing the news box or donor, in spite of my donor status.

Also, the "Show unread replies count" seems to modify the "Fullscreen Shoutbox" link instead of the new replies link.

Ssieth

Quote from: Sherlock on July 05, 2015, 07:43:42 PM
Small typo!

Misspelling for 'shoutbox'

As a note, the SB color settings do not work for me at all in any channel of the SB. I'm a Chrome user.

Thanks for spotting the typo.  Should now be fixed in 1.14.2

I'll have a proper chrome debugging session from home this evening if all goes well :)

Quote from: Reno on July 05, 2015, 11:26:27 PM
I have to say, I love this. Thanks for it!

I do think I might have found a bug, though. I was testing the various "remove" items, and it's not removing the news box or donor, in spite of my donor status.

Also, the "Show unread replies count" seems to modify the "Fullscreen Shoutbox" link instead of the new replies link.

Hokay - 1.14.2 has two new features related to your issues.  The first is a fix for the show undread replies magubbins.  This was picking the wrong link to modify when the shuotbox was hidden.  It should select the correct one now.

It should also now correctly identify that Knights are donors.  It was me trying to use .NET style case statements rather than javascript style ones :)

And lastly - there is now a Show Debug Information checkbox in the settings.  If you check that then a big yellow box should appear at the bottom of every page.  That box contains info that might be used in future for me to help resolve issues.  Basically don't switch it on unless you are curious about some of the inner workings.  For the moment it is pretty sparse but it will grow over time as I have to debug more issues :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on July 05, 2015, 09:47:26 PM
Ssieth you've done it again with the Bookmark Tags!

Love it!

Thanks so much for your work!

You are most welcome.  I feel I must point out Nowherewoman's involvement in that one, though.  I never would have even conceived of the BM Tags without her input :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 05, 2015, 07:03:53 PM
Well, Ms. Bondage. We meet again.

Hey - I resemble that remark! ;p

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 05, 2015, 07:03:53 PM
Here's a new one for ya- keeping in mind I have no idea if it's doable, since I r compootur duncz

-the ability to hide topics in a given thread. Where I see this being most useful would be in RP requests, where you've looked at someone's list, know that what they're looking for is nothing that interests/fits with you, and you don't want to keep dealing with new activity baloons and scrolling past stuff you already know you're not gonna play.

Ayup.. that sounds doable and like something I'd really find useful myself :)  I make occasional sweeps of the 1-on-1 ideas forum and being able to mark ones as not of interest would be a massive time saver for me.  I'll look into what it'd take :)

Nymphadora

Quote from: Ssieth on July 06, 2015, 05:07:39 AM
You are most welcome.  I feel I must point out Nowherewoman's involvement in that one, though.  I never would have even conceived of the BM Tags without her input :)

Then thanks to Nowherewoman as well!   :D
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

v1.15.0 is out in response to Nowherewoman's latest idea :)

**Topic Filters**
Another of Nowherewoman's ideas.  This should allow you to either mark or hide topics that you, for some reason, know that you're not interested in.  In particular it is useful for marking ideas topics as not of you for whatever reason.  There's a new menu item in the Script Settings menu to edit the filters you create and a button at the top/bottom of each topic to add or remove filters.

The interface still needs a bit of work IMHO but it seems to be working OK.  Setting it to mark a topic highlights it in the forum list with a gray background and all the text struck through.  Setting it to hide a topic... well.. it hides it from the forum list.  You can get it back again by selecting filter topics from the Script Settings menu and deleting the filter there.

The whole system can be switched off entirely in the standard settings.  It's under General Settings.

Nowherewoman

I need to start saving up all my ideas so I can hit you with them 3 or 4 at a time. You get stuff done so fast, it's f'ing embarrassing...
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 06, 2015, 02:25:47 PM
I need to start saving up all my ideas so I can hit you with them 3 or 4 at a time. You get stuff done so fast, it's f'ing embarrassing...

I was lucky today... work project I was moving on to wasn't ready so I said "Do you mind if I learn a bit of javascript?".  My boss shrugged and sighed and said "Why not?" :D

Nowherewoman

Oh, you conniving vixen...

BTW, is there a max array size for the number of topics you can filter?

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 06, 2015, 02:36:48 PM
Oh, you conniving vixen...

BTW, is there a max array size for the number of topics you can filter?

*grins* There shouldn't be any maximum although I'm not sure what will happen when the UI gets big enough to disappear off the bottom of the screen.

Well - when I say no maximum, there will but but it's probably a few hundred thousand or something like that.

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Ssieth on July 06, 2015, 02:39:39 PM
*grins* There shouldn't be any maximum although I'm not sure what will happen when the UI gets big enough to disappear off the bottom of the screen.

Tabbing? Or at least splitting Marked and Hidden lists into separate pages?

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 06, 2015, 03:56:41 PM

Tabbing? Or at least splitting Marked and Hidden lists into separate pages?

Possibly - let me know if it's necessary when you get so many it disappears off the screen ;p

Oreo

>.< I must be thick as a brick, but I can't find any changes after installing GreaseMonkey for firefox and the updated codes for E.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ssieth

Quote from: Oreo on July 06, 2015, 05:08:14 PM
>.< I must be thick as a brick, but I can't find any changes after installing GreaseMonkey for firefox and the updated codes for E.

Hi,

It can be a little recalcitrant at times.  Do you see the greasemonkey icon in your firefox toolbar?

Oreo

Yes, I have it checked for the Elliquiy Improver.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin