On High Seas: A Game of Pirates, Captives, Sailing, Adventure, Battle, & Booty!!

Started by Urbanzorro, February 11, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Janine Courlane
by bubby

Orientation: Hetero

Appearance Details: Scars: Bullet wound on right thigh, whip scars across her back, a myriad of small scars everywhere from knife fights. She tends to wear bulky clothes, hiding the fact that beneath it all she definitely has the curves of a woman.

Moar Pics

Position: 1st Mate

Personality: Quiet. Watchful. Seemingly sullen, but truly simply paying attention to everything around her. Eyes always watching, ears always listening. Foul mouthed, heavy drinker, quick to a fight. Very dominant. Very loyal to her Captain, as well as the ships doctor.

Biography: Born on the island of Jamaica to a whore, she was orphaned as a baby. Growing up in such conditions, a child had only one way to survive, and this was to join a gang, and become a thief. Janine did this, and flourished. In her early teens she was a leader, and though she reveled in this, she wanted more. She would skulk around the docks, watching the ships come and go, her mind on where they went. She would watch the pirates keenly, listening to stories from the shadows, and wanting what they had.

Eventually she got the gall to offer her services to a ship. Knowing it would be hard, and knowing that being a young female put her in a precarious situation, she was ever ready to lash out at any who dared cross her. Over the years she earned many a whipping from attacking a higher ranked person aboard whatever ship she worked, but as she grew, she earned a name for herself. She was a born leader, she was ruthless, and she was willing to do whatever it took to gain a prize.

Then the Vendetta came to the island, and with it a Captain of renown. Word spread quickly, and Janine followed the crew, listening and watching. This was a ship that had been everywhere, and a Captain who treated his crew well. Hearing that 'Lucky Max' was seeking to refurbish his crew, she immediately approached him. He didn't question, or scoff. He didn't mock her for being female. He simply told her that she would have to survive on her own, or perish.

And so it was Janine became a crew member of the Vendetta, and over the last two years she has worked her way up the ranks, becoming 1st Mate. Word among some of the crew was she slept her way to the top, but those that dared to speak that way managed to come to an unfortunate demise.

Weapons/Equipment: Pair of short swords, boot knife

Character's Ons: Aggressive men not afraid of an aggressive woman. (Hoping for a romance in game)
Character's Offs: Degradation, bathroom play of any kind.
Player's Ons: Check my O/O's
Player's Offs: Check my O/O's

Marconi Drake

Would love to join if there is still room. Was thinking something like the ship's master carpenter.

bubby

I'M UP!!!... I'm up... *ughs and nurses coffee*

I will get my gurl done before I go to work.

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

MistressofPen

Annie "Andy" Black
by MistressofPen
Age 19
Gender Female
Orientation Heterosexual.  In a pinch will do what's required to save me skin even if it's ta' flirt with some skirt.
Appearance Details: I'm not big. What I lack in size, I make up fer in attitude.  I was but a girl when first takin' ta the sea.  As time passed and them sea dogs started to look side-a-ways at me, realized my girl parts weren't so well hidden no more.  Keepin' my hair greased up and tied down under a kerchief, I pass for a boy...mosta' the time anyways.  I makes sure not to wash too much, keeps buggers away.  And, the grease in me hair...?  Well, I ain't never had a nit, so thar!
Position Most likely crew.  Possible powder monkey or kitchen work.  Some captains have seemed to know my persuasion.  But, I'm a good sailor and quick, so's they put me to work where things is delicate...sewing up clothes, flags, and sailors as the need came along.
Personality Aye, what I am is a survivor.  I does what I have to do to fill me belly and keep me skin intact.  If'n I can make a little coin along the way, so much the better.
Biography Once upon a time I was a happy little girl with a family.  Then the plague came and took them all...one - two - three and I was an orphan.  They tried to put me in an orphanage.  But, I saw them kids and I wasn't havin' none of that.  I spent a few days on the streets, keepin' outta the way o' the gangs of orphans who'd have taken my last shoe...me bein' scrawny and all.  Fast, I managed -just- to keep from them types.  Sleepin' in the church (no lightnin' neither so I cain't be all bad) of a night and hidin' up on roofs during the day.  But, you has ta' eat and one foray down to the shops and I had the constable on me heels.  Bastard woulda sent me to the home if he'd a' caught me.  Like I said, I'm little and fast and the crowds in the market area hid me from his damned eyes.  Runnin' I found meself at the docks and smelled food and saw a man dressed real fine.  There were a smatterin' a boys hanging about, a few toffs with their fine clothes, but mostly scrawny kids, like me, 'cept theys boys.  I'm all about equality of the sexes.  So, dressed in the clothes I'd salvaged from the ragman's cart (what?  he just stole them from the bodies in the streets!  I figure I had as much right to them as him) I trimmed my scraggily hair all one level, mostly, and, like the boys, tied it in a little bob at the back o' me head and got in line.  The ship was takin' on crew.  And, bein' a survivor, like I said, I managed to lie...ummm...I managed to convince them my skills were needed.  And, that's how I gots to sea.  Sailin' bein' what it is, we came into some conflicts.  Somewhere's near to the coast of France, our fine ship was done in.  Cuz I could swim, I managed not to go down with the ship.  I watched the cowardly captain plonk his ass in a dinghy and row away as I floated there.  I don't know how long I was there, but scavengers picked me up and when I was known to live, they took me in.  Back then, we was called Privateers and we bullied those froggy ships to our gain, and to the good King's, too.  The life suited me, suited my greedy self to a T.  I hadn't been found out as a girl, so I signed on and did what they told me.  And, that's the life I led...until my girl parts started to round-out.  Now, it takes a bit o' work to blend in.  It's worth it.  The sea is me home.  It would take an army stronger than the King's to get me back ta' land, now. 
Weapons/Equipment I'm an opportunistic fighter.  But, I have a shiv given' me by one of me mates who I think cottoned-on to what I was.  It's served me well.  Four inch blade with a wooden handle, the hilt wrapped in leather.  I carved a date on the handle, bein' as I learned to read and write when I was still a girl with a family; it's the date I became an orphan.
Character's Ons: Strong men who know what they want, but aren't cruel. 
Character's Offs: Abuse of any sort, particularly of others.  She can take care of herself...generally.  (Relatively inexperienced, so has no formed opinions on the variety of sex she'd dislike or like for that matter.)
Player's Ons: Lead-taking male who isn't afraid of a female who likes to learn and sometimes take the lead herself. 
Player's Offs: Bathroom-related body function play of any kind; rape in general (I get this is a pirate rp and I understand that went on--but this is why Annie keeps her shiv close).  See MoP's O/O's:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=25149.0

toshiue

Updated Jaibana's character sheet with more on his background and personality.

bubby

All righty! My char sheet is completed!

ARGH.... now the pics aren't working. Fixing meow...

EDIT: Fixded!

PrestaDGTation

Oh my yums!  *grabby hands*  I want! 

I'd be interested in making a basic crew hand.  Perhaps a voodoo lovin' powder monkey, or some such!

Hehe, I know what I'm up to this evening!  Neeheeheehe!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Juggtacular

If they're into voodoo, Tyree will definitely be a good friend to them.

bubby

PrestaDGTation

Bubby!!  *glomps*

If you're on the ship, it's already a party!  ^_~
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

bubby

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on February 14, 2014, 04:19:06 PM
  Bubby!!  *glomps*

If you're on the ship, it's already a party!  ^_~

*Rawrs and licks*  Damn right!   ;D

Juggtacular

AdrianZef

What positions are available? I'd like to claim one since they're going so quickly and I think I'll only have time to make a full character sheet over the weekend...
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

MistressofPen

Quote from: AdrianZef on February 14, 2014, 09:55:46 PM
What positions are available? I'd like to claim one since they're going so quickly and I think I'll only have time to make a full character sheet over the weekend...

If you find the Captain's sheet on the first or second page, the end has a list of positions filled.  Good luck.

Rave

Marconi Drake

Samson Prout
by Marconi Drake

Age Early 30's, far as he can tell

Gender Male

Orientation Heterosexual

Appearance Details: Tall, broad frame with thick, corded muscles along his arms. Too many scars and burns to speak of, although two prominent marks: a healed over puncture wound on his torso, just about his left hip; and "4501" branded into the back of his right hand, also healed over.

PositionMaster Carpenter

Personality A ruthless hedonist with a death wish -- or at the very least, an understanding that is life is destined to be a short one. When others are fleeing the most damaged parts of the ship, those hit harvest by cannon fire and flooding, he is there, trying to repair damage and keep this tub from disappearing beneath the waves. As such, he eager to fit as many earthly pleasures in before he meets his Maker, because he knows there is no salvation for him.

He is outgoing, charming even. But a childhood in anarchy taught him that there is no such thing as loyalty. He will be on your side, until it suits him otherwise. If he wants something, he will take it: be that fortune, women, or a life. A man only owns what he can defend.

Biography Some men are simply not made to be good. Samson's course was set from his birth. He was born to a nameless woman in the dark holds of a prison near Kingston.  He never knew his mother's name, or her crimes, for she was dead before he was able to speak. From that time, his life was the prison: not really a prisoner, but not free, he lived within those crumbling walls, eating what could be found and dodging the most sadistic of the guards and inmates.

He killed his first man at 7, a guard with a twisted gleam in his eye who was too focused on Samson's form that he did not see the shiv in the boy's hand. By 10, he realized that having a useful skill would mean more food and some measure of protection from the guards. He became an apprentice to the jail carpenter, learning the trade by day while spending his nights sneaking extra food and tools to inmates looking for impromptu weapons.

At 16, an explosion in the prison's armoury was the catalyst in a massive riot and escape attempt. pandemonium erupted, with inmates killing guards and each other, all in a desperate bid to get their chance to leave the hellish prison. It was a fierce riot, with former friends and allies turning on one another, teaching Samson that when push comes to shove, one must look after themselves.

After the escape, Samson drifted around aimlessly, stealing to survive. He was just shy of 18 when he was recruited as an apprentice carpenter. For the first time, Samson had found a measure of respect -- a skilled carpenter being highly-valued on a pirate ship. He had also found that the life suited him - adrenaline, danger and a life of the excitement of taking whatever he wants.  Now, he has found himself aboard the Vendetta.

Weapons/Equipment Samson carries a flintlock and rapier at his side, just in case they are needed. But in truth, Samson has killed more men with his carpenter's hammer than with any blade.

Character's Ons: Rough, wild nights. Willing women. Unwilling women. Not surprisingly, he is usually dominant, but it is always fun when someone can meet someone who is his match.

Character's Offs: Not in for bathroom or blood play.

Player's Ons: My O/O's

Player's Offs: My O/O's

bubby

ANY guy from Black Sails is a good face pick...

... just sayin'....  ::)

MistressofPen

The pirate magazine called No Quarter Given has a rogues gallery of piratical sorts.  If you're desperate for someone in garb that isn't of a Hollywoodish style, it's a good place to look. Tony Kopec is a handsome pirate. But there are others there as well

Rave

MistressofPen

Quote from: Rave on February 15, 2014, 07:58:59 PM
His mustache and soul patch are of legendary quality.

*LOL*  I kind of thought the stare and the hat were the cool bits...nice sword, too.

bubby

MistressofPen

Quote from: bubby on February 15, 2014, 08:48:25 PM
Tsk. You KNOW it's all about that feather baybeh!  ;)

So true.  Wow...forgot all about In Living Color.  Thanks for the memories.

Marconi Drake

Thanks for the suggestions, bubby and MistressofPen. Went through No Quarter Given, didn't see anything that looked just right. Found this one though, that I think fit well.