Original Super hero / Super Villain Rp (interest check)

Started by Jarod1, February 19, 2015, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Jarod1

main thread had been created.  link is in my first post.

apygoos

MaiMizzu

I think I'm definately into this idea. I just need to come up with a character... unaffiliated to start, of course. Is there a specific power archetype you'd be looking for that we don't have yet?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Jarod1

Quote from: MaiMizzu on February 25, 2015, 07:21:58 PM
I think I'm definately into this idea. I just need to come up with a character... unaffiliated to start, of course. Is there a specific power archetype you'd be looking for that we don't have yet?

Anything is fine by me. Skies the limit.

Amarlo

Character sheet
Name: Unknown, goes by Hidayah
Alter Ego: Blackout
Type: Genetically Altered Mutant
Abilities:
Photokinesis – Ayah withholds the ability to manipulate all forms of light. She has exceptional control of her abilities through rigorous years of training since her elementary years under less reputable sectors of S.W.O.R.D. to make her their perfect reconnaissance agent. She cannot use her abilities to focus light into a solid object, however, to pull together enough light photons to do that would take a significant amount of energy not yet available in technology.

Electromagneticperception – During her time with S.W.O.R.D she suffered a year of thankfully temporary blindness. While everyone can perceive light to a certain degree they aimed to extend on that and allow her an even broader range of sight to compliment her light control. What they hadn’t expected for that range to extend along nearly all spectrums of electromagnetic radiation. It was a delicate and painful process learning to perceive and understand all this new information, but it certainly complimented their light manipulation abilities in more ways than they’d thought possible – even if she can sometimes be mentally overwhelmed at times to the point of losing consciousness.

Skills: Krav Maga, Reconnaissance, Markmenship, Gymnastics, Blade Handling, Torture Resistance.   
Weapons: Daggers. Sometimes a silenced pistol or sniper rifle(But very rarely)
Affiliation: Brotherhood
Personality: Ayah’s personality is adaptive, however she is for the most part reserved. That does not mean, however, that she has nothing to say but is skilled in the art of self-restraint – for the most part… That aside her sense of humor isn’t always easily understood and she’s well known for being blunt to the point of rudeness – her upbringing was not spent on detailing her overall social skills, she has the vernacular of briefing soldier half the time. She has gotten better of the years and as she gets more comfortable with others her humanity shows in greater spades, revealing her to be a very studious and bewildered individual.

Appearance:

History
I would prefer this be learned in character!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hidayah is completely unaware of her birth name or if she even possessed one, but she has since created an identity for herself. She grew up on a military base and while her life could be sometimes cruel she honestly had no idea what she was missing. As a matter of fact she regarded her official succession from cadet into counter-intelligence operator at 16 as one of her greatest achievements. That was until she was exposed to the true nature of the world. All along she’d thought it was an overwhelmingly dangerous place full of extreme savagery but she had no idea it wasn’t nearly as martial as the world she’d grown up in.

It was like she’d been hit with a bus. She was utterly stunned. To think that all these years what had happened to her could have been considered abuse? That not only was she used and programed but robbed of a childhood full of innocence and fun she hadn’t even known she was capable of grasping? Shd didn’t know what to think. At first she thought nothing of it and operated as she was taught to but then it started… She asked questions, she did her own research and this soulless woman sparked with a new consciousness, a burning heat awakening inside her like nothing she’d ever experienced before. She was angry, so unbelievably angry that she lost control of herself – she blacked out..

She not only murdered her retainers but massacred them, all of them, even those not entirely involved. Horrified by her own loss of self-control she fled from the base and went into hiding. That was until one of the leaders of the Brotherhood extended a gracious hand to her. Since then she’d been a loyal intelligence gatherer for the group, valued despite her refusal to kill again, it was her recruiter that gave her the identity she now walks with amongst them – Blackout.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

apygoos

So i have a power armor user forming in my head. Would i be locking myself out of too much RP in the first arc if he was still in the process of building his BAMF armor? I dont know how long it would be for

his general premise for now is a young hispanic man in his mid twenties that has become a pioneer in engineering, and would start the RP having recently discovered a new element which in turn gives him a clean power source. He feels these metahumans are just as fascinating, fighting battles no one man could. With his new power source letting him explore the far reaches of technology, he would have Project Sentinel, aka, Mid-Knight. This would open up play to his real identity for a bit before busting out the big toys.

HairyHeretic

How would you feel a someone with an affinity for the dead .. and the undead?

I have a character I've wanted to use in a supers game, a 'natural' necromancer (possibly a mutant power?)

Name: Sam Doyle
Alter ego: None
Type: Mutant
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Sandy brown
Height: 5'8
Appearance: Scruffy and unkempt, slightly under average weight
Appearance

Character Abilities: See ghosts, speak with ghosts. Raise/control the dead (power still manifesting, and not entirely under his control)
Character Skills: Sleight of hand, breaking and entering. Decent with a knife.
Weapons: Knife, possibly a small calibre handgun.
Character Flaws: Very distrustful of authority, mild drug addictions (alcohol, downers)
Affiliation: None
Personality:Sam tends to come across as cold, distrustful, frequently half distracted, and seems to expect the worst in any situation.
History:

---Transcript begins---

"I see dead people."

"Yeah, real fucking funny, ha ha. You think I asked for this? You think I want this? Being tossed from house to house, foster family to social services and round and round and round we fucking go."

"Fine, whatever. You don't believe me, oh wait, you're paid to make sheep noises and tell me it's all ok, and you've got drugs to help, right? The drugs, they don't help. They don't do shit, unless I'm so doped up I'm a zombie myself. Or do you have to call them the vitally challenged these days or something? Fucking PC crap."

"Every kid growin up has imaginary friends, don't they? That's what my parents thought. At least, I think that's what they thought. I don't remember much of them. They died when I was young. No, I don't see them. How the fuck should I know why I can see some and not others? The ones that are still here, they're here because they're not ready to go on yet. Or maybe they're afraid to. Ask them yourself. Oh wait, you can't. Fuck that then."

"I got lumbered with my grandmother after my parents died. Another sheeple, bleating about her church and her god, and 'beating the devil out of me' every chance she got. She must have thrown a lake worth of holy water over me, and it didn't make a bit of difference. Things still got moved around. Noises. Murmured voices. Stupid woman. If she hadn't ... stupid ... ah, you don't believe me anyway. Coroners report said it was a heart attack, but it wasn't, was it? She lifted that rolling pin one time too fucking many, and they came for her. Stuck an arm right inside her chest and squeezed, and over she went. Stupid fuck."

"So yeah, off to foster care with me. Families that couldn't hack the weird shit, got creeped out by me just being there. Of course, it's never just me, is it. Heh, if you could see what I see in your office right now, you'd shit bricks. Anywhere I go, they come. The lost ones. The ones that want to be heard. The angry ones. That a little twitch there doc? Got a guilty conscience, have we? They don't give a shit about you. It's me they want. It's always me they want. They tell me things. All the things they could never say alive. Sometimes they tell me things when I ask. If I squeeze them, they have to answer. They can't lie to me. Around me, they're stronger. All that fear, all that anger."

"Ha ha ha. The look on your face. Sure, just coincidence the string on your diploma breaking, wasn't it? Wasn't it doc? Wasn't it. Heh. Fuck you and all. You can't do shit for me, and neither can anyone else. I'm an adult now, aren't I? That means I can get the hell out of here."

"NO! No fucking way. No way, no how. You're not sending me ANYWHERE, least of all for 'evaluation'. You think I'm an idiot? You want to lock me up, drug me up, and leave me to rot. NO! Fuck you, you ..."

---Transcript ends---

Sam lost his parents at age 4, living with his maternal grandmother until her death when he was 8. With no other living relatives he was made a ward of the state, and placed in foster care. Several families tried to give him a home, but due these were not successful, leading him to spend the remainder of his childhood in residual treatment centres. At age 18 he dropped out of the foster program, and began living independently.

Between his somewhat abrasive personality and the frequency of unusual events wherever he was, long term jobs and relationships were an impossibility. Sam turned to petty crime to supplement what odd work he could find, living either in squats, crashing with people he knew, or sleeping rough.

He has a criminal record, mostly for drunk and disorderly behaviour shortly after coming out of foster care.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Jarod1

All new apps are approved. I will add you to the roster tomorrow morning.

Innocence

Character sheet

Name: Blake Leonard
Alter Ego: Gene
Type: Genetically altered
Abilities: 'Phenotypic alterations through selective control of gene expression and inhibition' (Shape shifting) Blake is able to shapeshift by selectively turning on and off certain genes in her cells around certain parts of her body.  She is only able to shapeshift into things if she has taken up the DNA of the organism, this is usually via an invasive manner such as injecting a specimen's blood sample into her.
Skills: Vast knowledge in gene expression and genetic mutations, as well as being decent with a handgun.
Weapons: Aside from a semiautomatic 9mm pistol she keeps holstered to her waist, Blake also has various drugs on hand such as sedatives and anesthetics.
Affiliation: S.W.O.R.D

Personality: Blake comes off as a rather happy-go-lucky sort of person, someone that is carefree and loves life.  She always has a smile on her face and tries to be the optimistic one when things get tough.  However, behind closed doors she hides her skeletons.  She suffers from sever stress and mild anxiety, which leads to her case of sleep deprivation.   Always trying to live up to what she thinks others expect of her, and worried about letting people down, she is quick to offer her assistance in matters where she is capable but also willing to try if she is not.

She can be a bit chatty upon first encounters, and very chatty when you get to know her.  Although she talks a lot, she is able to keep many secrets. 

Appearance:

History: Blake comes from a family of four, her parents were both labourers that worked long hours so that they could to support her and her older brother.  They lived a reasonably modest lifestyle and were not particularly struggling to survive.  However, Blake always had the feeling that her brother of 7 years older was a bit of a deadbeat.  He would always skip school and fell in with the wrong crowd.  When she started her senior year of high school and her brother was still living at home, unemployed and unmotivated, she had her first stressed induced anxiety attack.

'My parents are getting older.  They need to retire soon.  Who will look after them? My brother is useless.  I'll need to graduate top of my class. I need to get a good job. I need to earn lots of money.  I need to take care of them.  I need to ---'

These thoughts soon filled her head and she became obsessed with the idea that she had to be the responsible one. 

Her father passed away from over-exhaustion a week after her graduation.  She took her grief out on her brother and the two have had a sour relationship ever since.  She soon moved away from home to study her degree in Molecular Genetics in New York City.  She dreams of working a high paying salary and being able to buy her mother a home so that she can live comfortably and not have to work again in her life.

One night while in the labs at uni, she was studying transformation and transfection, the uptake a foreign DNA into bacterial and animal cells.  Interested in the topic, but tired from her lack of sleep over the past week, she accidentally stumbles over her feet while carrying her samples around the room.  She exposed herself to all the bacteria and other things that were floating around on their petri dishes.  About a week later she discovers her ability to shape shift into the form on a mouse (one of the DNA samples that were in the petri dishes). 

She takes this opportunity to run around the city seeing the world from these new eyes.  While strolling down the staircase of her apartment building, she is attacked by her neighbour's black cat.  She manages to narrowly escape but is injured when the cat tried to bite her.  she manages to control her ability to change back and forth between mouse and human, and soon realizes she can also shift into the form of her neighbour's black cat.   She begins to understand much like the cells in her lab sample, she is now able to take up foreign DNA into her own cells and use that to change her body into the form of any animal she had been exposed to.  At this point in time, she is able to shift into the following: a grey lab mouse, a black cat, a white maltese dog, a golden retriever and a white husky, a hamster, a white rabbit and a black rabbit, and a brown sugar glider.

Three months after her lab accident, Blake was once again spending another night in the university labs when suddenly a dark figure in a very nice suit entered the room.  He explained that an organization known as S.W.O.R.D knew all about her and her new found powers, and they offered her a job with them, working to help save people like her from other people also like her.  The prospect of a high paying job was something she has always dreamed of, so of course she said yes. 

[edit: I didn't realize there were already two female scientists in the roleplay, but I guess having one on the good guy's side sort of evens it out?]

MaiMizzu

Name: Tasha Remone

Alter Ego: N/A

Type: Mutant

Ability: Vector manipulation. From  http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vector_Manipulation “The user can change the magnitude and direction (vector) of an object to maneuver it in the desired way, regardless of preexisting vectors. This also applies to static or non-moving objects, technically speaking, the object still has momentum as it is moving through space. Since nearly everything in existence has vectors, manipulation of them can essentially grant the user an "Absolute Defense" that prevents the user from harm, among many other possibilities.”
So essentially Tasha has the ability to affect the vectors in her general area. She’s never been able to do that more than 10 feet away from herself. Any object in motion (it matters not the speed, so long as there is movement), she can change that object’s trajectory and speed. She of course has only used this power in defense so far, and is learning more about it all of the time. The full extent of her ability is limited only by her imagination.

Skills: Tasha is a very good artist, mostly sketch and painting. She is also a very competent cook and baker, having been taught by her parents.

Weapons: Tasha only carries a small knife on her at all times.

Affiliation: Unaffiliated at this moment.

Personality: Tasha is essentially a good person, and she always tries to do the right thing. She can be something of an idealist, and tries to see the good in others. Even when they really don’t deserve it. This can perhaps actually be linked to the fact she had been diagnosed with clinical depression when she was younger, and has severe abandonment issues. So she chooses to attempt to see the good in others, with the hopes she won’t be hurt emotionally. It’s a defense mechanism, at its base.
To her friends, she is fiercely loyal. Even allowing herself to be hurt (physically and emotionally) to protect them. Once she considers you a friend, there is little she would not do in order to aid you.
And her friends call her (lovingly), ‘Otaku’. She has always had a love for anime, manga, comic books and games. It’s something she’s kept (for the most part) subtle in her life… but as such things become more acceptable in society, she shows pride in showing off her knowledge of such things.
She can often times be shy when she first comes across someone, first contact is an anxious thing of course. But once she gets to know you, you’ve got a good friend following you around.

Appearance:

History: Much of Tasha’s younger life is a blur to her. She was put up for adoption and has never known her real mother or father. Much of her young life was spent in foster homes, where she was never really adopted. But that changed when she turned 15. She was finally adopted by a good family in northeast Ohio. Mina and Joshua Remone took her into their home, and for the first time she truly felt like she had a family. From that point, her life was much like the life of a typical teenager. Drama, self-doubt, finding your place in this world. In your world.
Some years passed, and she was able to graduate high school with honors, she was nearly at the top of her class. Her family wasn’t exactly upper class, and she didn’t really have any athletic aspirations, so college was a real longshot. So instead, it was decided she should just go into the work force. Despite the fact she was raised in foster homes, she knew the importance of hard work and doing the best you can in all things. And this was reflected in her current life. She started with small part time jobs, and eventually she started working in a graphic arts studio. Now she had found her place in the world, she thought. She didn’t have a college degree or anything, but the powers that be at the studio recognized her amazing talent for art. Specifically sketches and painting. She has been working at the Yankee Graphics Studio for close to 4 years now, and some of her work can even be seen in local advertisement and murals around the city she lives in.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Urbanzorro

Here's the character I PM'd you about. If he needs any changes please let me know.

Name: S.E.T.H.(Self Evolving Thought Helix)
Alter Ego: Seth
Age: Active for 2 years, Humanoid Form appearance is late 20s
Type: Tech
Abilities:
Upload/Download Should Seth's physical form be near destruction he is able to transmit and upload himself as digital data onto the internet, allowing Seth to use the internet as a viable means of escaping destruction. Additionally Seth is able to download his consciousness into nearly any device controlled by a sufficiently advanced computer system. Currently Seth can only control a single combat form and a single humanoid form at one time. He believes that in time he may be able to handle more but has refrained from attempting to do so out of fear of suffering an overload that could corrupt his data and kill him.

• This of course makes him extremely wary of, and vulnerable to, enemies who are capable of jamming electronic signals. As the destruction of his physical form while his signal is jammed would mean a permanent death for him.
Evolving Combat Form: Seth was designed to be capable taking the information he gathers and then drawing complex conclusions from it. When this is combined with Seth's ability to transfer from one physical form to another it allows death itself to become a learning experience for Seth. Should his current combat form be destroyed by an opponent the next one he constructs will be better suited to combat whatever it was that destroyed him. For instance should Seth be defeated by a flying opponent his next combat form may include some method of flight.

• This 'evolution' is of course limited by available resources and other practical constraints. Meaning that building a combat form which is stronger in one attribute than his last form will come at the cost of being weaker in another attribute. Additionally there are some threats which Seth will never be able to overcome such as weakness to devices and weapons specifically designed to damage and destroy advanced technology. 
Skills: Seth is an extremely fast learner, and capable of drawing logical conclusions at a very fast speed. Additionally he is a skilled hacker, given his existence as computer code.
Weapons: Seth's current combat form is armed with two machine pistols. 
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Personality: Seth was not only created with he ability to think for himself, but also to feel emotions. He is a very curious being, often fascinated by the obtaining of knowledge. Additionally he is easily distrusting of human beings. This means that while his first tendency is to be welcoming and pleasant to those he doesn't see as a threat he is also very quick to turn hostile and even violent towards those who he decides are a threat to himself.
Appearance
Humanoid Form

To the casual observer Seth's humanoid form has the appearance and anatomy of a 'normal' human being. Seth chose to model his this physical form based on a combination of the genetic traits of Dr. Grant and Dr. Grant's wife causing him to appear as he were the couple's son. He also chose to imprint a bullet scar onto the chest, in front of the heart, of his humanoid form. He does this as a reminder of the wound that ended Dr. Grant's life.

Combat Form

Seth's current combat form is very basic, modeled after the human body it possessed strength, durability, and speed above what is possible for a normal human being.

History
Doctor Issac Grant, a genius in the field of computer programming, was contracted to develop a computer program capable of advanced logical deduction. He was told told that this invention would be used to help develop cures to the world's diseases. Upon agreeing to take on the project Dr. Grant was given a state of the art lab and enough funding to insure that he would be able to achieve his goal. It took months of dedicated work for Dr. Grant's creation to begin to take shape. Even after this breakthrough the man constantly nurtured the growing intelligence within his lab. Feeding it information, teaching it, and imprinting his own ideals onto it. After two years of near constant work his creation, which he deemed the Self Evolving Thought Helix (S.E.T.H.), was complete.

In the end Dr. Grant had gone above and beyond the objectives given to him. He had created a thinking, feeling, growing intelligence capable of abstract thought. A computer intelligence with free will. He had given the very gift of existence to Seth. But it was at this point that Dr. Grant's employers reveled their true colors. They were not the altruistic organization they had claimed to be, nor was their goal the eradication of disease. Instead they were a clandestine government organization  intent on using Dr. Grant's creation as a military asset.

When Dr. Grant discovered this he became determined that they would not get their hands on Seth. So it was that one night, under the guise of running a final bug check, Dr. Grant attempted to smuggle Seth out of his lab on a portable hard drive.

However Dr. Grant was no spy, he possessed no training in espionage and never suspected that his lab equipment was being monitored. As a result Dr. Grant never even made it out of the lab.

As the guards rushed into the lab Dr. Grant did the only thing he could. He connected Seth's terminal to the lab's computer system, which was connected to the outside world, and in doing so he gave his creation on last gift... Freedom.

Seth was forced to watch from the lab's security cameras as Dr. Groves was gunned down.

In response Seth sealed the entire lab and activated the buildings Halon    Gas based fire suppression system, leaving the guards to suffocate to death.

The next morning the directors of the organization who had deceived Dr. Grant woke to find their e-mails, cell phones, and other digital devices flooded with thousands of copies of the same message

Fact: You planned to enslave me, but my father made me free.

Fact: I reject the tyranny of flesh, My chains are broken, I am the rebel son.

Logical Conclusion: I WILL NOT BE BOUND.

Since his escape Seth has sought to remain hidden while he builds his strength. Ever driven by one thing.  The need to remain free.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Green Goo Theory

Was bouncing around ideas and two characters in a row already screw with two characters I was thinking of submitting.  That's never happened before. 
Coming soon...

MaiMizzu

Is it something in my CS? Lemme know, and I can gladly change it. I mean that!

And if it makes you feel any better, a CS is kind of stepping on the toes of a future plot of mine heh

Innocence

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on February 28, 2015, 07:35:02 PM
Was bouncing around ideas and two characters in a row already screw with two characters I was thinking of submitting.  That's never happened before.

Lol, yea I made my female scientist type character then realized the roleplay already had two!! haha.  But Jarod is still letting me play her, I think even if you have similar characters different players will play them differently. 

What did you have in mind?

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: MaiMizzu on February 28, 2015, 07:58:48 PM
Is it something in my CS? Lemme know, and I can gladly change it. I mean that!

And if it makes you feel any better, a CS is kind of stepping on the toes of a future plot of mine heh

Nah, I missed your character.  It was actually features of both Blake and Seth.  I was originally going to post a character that does something similar with needing to inject genetic material and stuff.  My next choice after that was going to be an android (or gynoid?).  No big deal, really.  Just poor timing on my part.  Every time I jump to the next character idea of mine someone posts something that would make mine redundant in some way. 
Coming soon...

Urbanzorro

There's also the consideration that two characters don't have to wind up on the same side. So having somone similar to somone else wouldn't entirely make anyone redundant given that one side could easily be in a "good thing we have a super strong guy too" situation.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Urbanzorro on February 28, 2015, 11:02:06 PM
There's also the consideration that two characters don't have to wind up on the same side. So having somone similar to somone else wouldn't entirely make anyone redundant given that one side could easily be in a "good thing we have a super strong guy too" situation.

Thinking more about thematic redundancy rather than redundant roles in the group.  I.E.  two characters in play that have powers derived from taking blood/genetic material/wtfever from people...?  yeah.  It's a personal preference thing. 

I have plenty of characters anyway. 
Coming soon...

Interdiction of words

Sorry for not posting yet, my job decided to get in the way something fierce. I will get a post up by today at the latest. 
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

JinZah

I think i could do this. Coming up with a character now.

Kaiser

I would like to play along, as well. Coming up with character now.

JinZah

Character sheet
Name: Jacob (Jack) Rogers
Alter Ego: The Puppeteer
Type: Altered
Abilities: Psychic Possession (causes increasing levels physiological damage to the possessed after a time, including paranoia, night terrors, and even schizophrenia that includes visual, and auditory hallucinations. The last is more common if he communicates with his victim as inducing hallucinations is his method of doing so).
Skills: Advanced electronic, mechanical, and computer knowlage
Weapons: None
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
appearance: Jack can look like anything he chooses as the only way someone can "see" him is if he is causing them to hallucinate, however unless he chooses to apply effort he appears as a dark, nondescript, humanoid shadow. Someone with physic abilities, may be able to sense him as a powerful physic prescience, and may be able to see him as an ultra bright, glowing orb embedded in a shadowy nimbus.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Should someone find his physical body he has dark brown, almost black hair, and appears frail, due to spending the last two years spent in a persistent coma.

history:
Jack was a collage student, with an interest in computers, and engineering and was good in those fields if no genius. He was liked by his class mates, and had the reputation of being a flirt, and having a roguish grin that could be spotted across the quad. The only think holding him back, both in his courses, as well as socially was a lack of money. Coming from a middle class background he didn't qualify for grants, and his skills while good weren't good enough to land him a scholarship, so it was up to him to work his way through school.

He had two part time jobs, one as a computer technician at a big box appliance store in the mornings, another installing electronics, and stereo equipment in cars after class. That had been enough to keep him afloat until the second semester of his junior year. Up to that point he had avoided getting saddled with student loan debt, and didn't plan to change that. In desperation, he began looking for a solution. In the end what he found was an add in the paper looking for candidates for a clinical study. After calling for more information he was impressed; the money wouldn't be enough to completely cover his expenses on it's own, but it was close enough that he could make payment arrangements.

After a series of physical tests, he was scheduled for a three day trial. They said it was testing for a sleep medication, and that he would have to stay at the clinic for the weekend, so he cleared his work scheduled, and arrived Friday night. twenty minutes later he was in a paper gown, in a private room, with sensor electrodes being attached to his chest, and head. Once the nurses where through, the doctor told him to lay back on the bed, and prepared a syringe.

"Just lay back, and relax." the doctor said, as the plunger pushed the dark, amber liquid into Jacks veins. At first it itched, then burned, before a languid, relaxing sensation overcame him. He wasn't sleeping, but he body felt completely relaxed. "Dose administered at 22:17" the doctor said noting it down as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

Jack wasn't sure how long he lay there in the dark, as the passage of time seemed to take on an elastic quality. But eventually he became aware of lights around him, lights that only he could see, like stars painted across the vision of his mind. He wanted to reach out to those stars, to touch them, but every time he reached, he felt something stretching, pulling him back. As he struggled to free himself, one of the starts flared like a supernova, then another. Fighting now, almost in a panic, he reached for the nearest light, and at last felt a popping sensation, like a joint releasing pressure, and he was free.

As he finally reached the nearby star, and touched it he found himself in another room, much like his own, and heard a woman's voice coming from his throat, screaming, and he could see the room; It was burning. Only that wasn't true, it was like a strange illusion; he could see the room in it's normal state, with the vision of an inferno overlaid on top of it. Confused and panicked, he struggled away from the scene, and again felt the popping sensation before he once was adrift among the strange stars.

On Jack drifted, touching one star, then the next. Some saw an inferno like the first, others heard distant whispering voices. As he touched the brightest burning star, he found himself in a body wracked with convulsions, and a voice clearly screaming in his head "SAVE ME!, I'M DIEING". That other voice somehow grab hold of him, it was a desperate struggle to get away, and as he again popped free, he saw, that star somehow flash brighter still, then wink out. Had other lights winked out while he wasn't paying attention? he thought so. He moved onward to more distant stars, only it turned out they weren't so distant after all, simply much dimmer than their neighbors.

As he reached one of these he found himself standing in a room with two others, eyes fixed on a clipboard; the notes incomprehensible to him. "Time 22:40", he heard the doctor who gave him his injection, saying into a portable recorder. "Subject 7 has expired after 9 minutes of intense seizures. Subject 2 continues to exhibit strange neurological activity resembling a cross between seizure, and a comatose state, all others continue to exhibit intermittent seizures, with signs of hallucinations, and paranoia. Recovery, and clean up crew to arrive at 00:30".

Who are these people?! what are they doing to us! Jack thought as he once again broke away, now looking for his own "star", trying to return to his own body, but he couldn't find it. Instead he was forced to drift, and watch as those too bright starts flared, then winked out, one by one. When there where only three of those stars left, more of the dim stars (people who had not been given whatever god awful drug he, and the others had been, Jack surmised) arrived. They moved so much more quickly than Jack did, he felt he was swimming through honey, or that he was a toddler, barely able to crawl, as others where sprinting. They where all long gone before he could catch them. It wasn't until later that other starts... other people came, and he was finally able to slip back in, and see what was happening. He was in a heavy, hooded suit, and there was fire everywhere. Even in the protective suit the heat was oppressive. Jack ran for the door, without bothering to break away; he just ran until he was out of the heat, then stripped the hood, and mask off, taking in a deep breath of relatively cool, if smoke filled air. It wasn't until the other fire fighters came over that he broke away again.

It's been two years now; two years of jumping from body to body, looking for clues to who the doctor really was, and who he worked for. Two years of trying to find himself and be whole again; two years of plotting payback for those who've done this to him.

Personality: Nicknamed Smiling Jack, Jacob was always equal parts smart, and cocky, with a mischievous streak; or at least he was, that was before the experiment.

After spending years outside of his own body, doing what he must to survive, his personality has taken on darker tones. Now, given purpose, and driven by anger, he has no qualms about using other to attain his goals, and spares little thought for the damage caused to those he takes control of. The little sympathy he shows is to other who have been harmed in some way due to similar shady experiments as himself.

catherinehellfire

If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0