News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls (Mature Version)

Started by Daoine Sidhe, April 26, 2013, 03:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daoine Sidhe

I originally posted a TES RP idea in the non-adult forums.  Likely due to the fact that it was non-adult and that I was not yet approved. I received no interested parties.  I want to try again, but I also want to make the idea mature.

I don't mind cursing, so long as it's not the only language your character speaks.  I don't mind explicit sexual encounters, but this RP will not focus on sex.  It'll be about the adventure and the story.  It's not necessary for you to be experienced with TES (I'm not the most well-versed in it, myself), so long as you're willing to try.  :-)

Right now, the story isn't fully developed.  Part of that is because I like leaving the story fairly open-ended, allowing the players to develop the story as the game progresses.  Part of it's also because I want to be sure there are enough interested people willing to participate before I commit a lot of resources to putting this together.

Preferred Players: 2-5 [5 players reached; applications closed]
Preferred Characters: 4-8 (any alignment, any faction)
Post Detail/Length: Fairly detailed, at least two paragraphs per post.

Applications are closed.  IC has begun.  Inventory topic is up.  OOC topic is up.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

I'll give this a go, are we setting this in any specific region or timeline? Because skyrim is the only one i really know.

Daoine Sidhe

I had kinda hoped to cross a few boundaries.  Probably starting in Cryodill or Skyrim (since I've only played Skyrim, myself).
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

PaladinZenaku

I am up.
I have a idea for a character idea that is unusual but it requires approval from you though. It is a werewolf that used necromancer magic to try to get rid of the curse but the spell backfired and now he is a full time werewolf that can talk and think like a normal person would kind of like the beast from the Xmen. If that doesn't work I will just use my argonian conjurer.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Roxy Rocket

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 26, 2013, 04:42:51 AM
I had kinda hoped to cross a few boundaries.  Probably starting in Cryodill or Skyrim (since I've only played Skyrim, myself).

Huh. I played Skyrim.

I guess the rest is a matter of are the writing styles going to line up.

What is the story "about," if ya don't mind me asking?

Daoine Sidhe

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 26, 2013, 01:58:07 PM
I am up.
I have a idea for a character idea that is unusual but it requires approval from you though. It is a werewolf that used necromancer magic to try to get rid of the curse but the spell backfired and now he is a full time werewolf that can talk and think like a normal person would kind of like the beast from the Xmen. If that doesn't work I will just use my argonian conjurer.

Hm.  Well, I could see how a person with lycanthropy would resort to whatever means necessary to remove the curse.  And, in my exploration of various dungeons, I discovered a number of places filled with Silverbloods and their werewolf prey - all of which remained in their wolf form during the day.  So, it's not too far off the beaten path.  :-)  Consider it good!

As for the story, I was thinking that (having only played Skyrim) the RP would take place something like 100 years after the end of the Stormcloak rebellion.  The outcome of that is up to the players - would you rather play in an Imperial-controlled Skyrim, or would you prefer to play in an independent Skyrim with a weakened Empire overall?

The main antagonist faction will be (at first) the Thalmor. 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
If you've completed the Diplomatic Immunity quest in Skyrim, you may have found the Thalmor notes regarding their intentions for conquering the Empire.
Antagonist characters are welcome (and at least a couple are necessary), but the majority of the story will follow the heroes' quest.

Essentially, the Thalmor are beginning the final stage of their attempts to break down the Empire and take control.  In this process, anyone who isn't an altimer (high elf), or at least loyal to the Thalmor, is a target.  Werewolves and vampires would be prime targets, as well as any other elves that have been conquered by the Thalmor (dunmer and bosmer, for example).

Since starting in a dungeon or as a prisoner is rather cliché, I want to try starting open and free.

Generally, I like to let the players decide where to start.  Then, I try to gather them in one place to move the story forward.  :-)

Oh, and since I really liked Paarthurnax and refused to kill him, I'm going to have him still alive in this RP.  He won't be a primary character right away, but I might have him enter the story later.  We'll see how it goes.  :-)

Being 100 years later, the Dovahkiin is, of course, dead.  For simple story purposes (despite the fact that I never played a Nord), the dovahkiin from Skyrim will have been a Nord female.  It just makes the most logical sense, given the nature of the Dovahkiin (i.e. all of the ones in TES history being human).

Is there anything I've left out that you want to know?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

all sounds good to me, if it helps anyone else i vote we say its an independent skyrim for two simple reasons 1. the empire was going to chop off miss dragonborns head at the start of the game, i feel that would be a step against them, second she is going to be a nord so it sounds like she would take the side of the rebellion

as for my character i'm thinking he will be a young nord blacksmith apprentice who's living in Riften having just left Honor hall orphanage

Daoine Sidhe

Personally, I followed the Stormcloak questline, too.
But then, during the Diplomatic Immunity quest, I discovered that Ulfric was a pawn in the Thalmor plans.  Still, that could easily add to the depth of the story.

Imperial vs. Stormcloak Votes
Imperial: 0
Stormcloak: 1
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Roxy Rocket

Alrighty. I think I'm out on this'un.

(meanin I won't be playin')

Daoine Sidhe

Uh... I don't understand what you mean... >_>
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

I have character idea, as you might know :P If allowed.
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

Lightshock16

Elder Scrolls? Definitely interested. I'll keep my eye on this thread. ^^

SakamotoHD

100% down to try this one out. Let me know how it goes, and I'll come up with a Breton Spellsword.

Belisuavious

I'd be interested in playing an Imperial mercenary sort.

Daoine Sidhe

You're all welcome to join.  I suppose I could fashion a character sheet, if that's what you all prefer.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 26, 2013, 05:00:28 PM
Hm.  Well, I could see how a person with lycanthropy would resort to whatever means necessary to remove the curse.  And, in my exploration of various dungeons, I discovered a number of places filled with Silverbloods and their werewolf prey - all of which remained in their wolf form during the day.  So, it's not too far off the beaten path.  :-)  Consider it good!

As for the story, I was thinking that (having only played Skyrim) the RP would take place something like 100 years after the end of the Stormcloak rebellion.  The outcome of that is up to the players - would you rather play in an Imperial-controlled Skyrim, or would you prefer to play in an independent Skyrim with a weakened Empire overall?

The main antagonist faction will be (at first) the Thalmor. 
If you've completed the Diplomatic Immunity quest in Skyrim, you may have found the Thalmor notes regarding their intentions for conquering the Empire.
Antagonist characters are welcome (and at least a couple are necessary), but the majority of the story will follow the heroes' quest.

Essentially, the Thalmor are beginning the final stage of their attempts to break down the Empire and take control.  In this process, anyone who isn't an altimer (high elf), or at least loyal to the Thalmor, is a target.  Werewolves and vampires would be prime targets, as well as any other elves that have been conquered by the Thalmor (dunmer and bosmer, for example).

Since starting in a dungeon or as a prisoner is rather cliché, I want to try starting open and free.

Generally, I like to let the players decide where to start.  Then, I try to gather them in one place to move the story forward.  :-)

Oh, and since I really liked Paarthurnax and refused to kill him, I'm going to have him still alive in this RP.  He won't be a primary character right away, but I might have him enter the story later.  We'll see how it goes.  :-)

Being 100 years later, the Dovahkiin is, of course, dead.  For simple story purposes (despite the fact that I never played a Nord), the dovahkiin from Skyrim will have been a Nord female.  It just makes the most logical sense, given the nature of the Dovahkiin (i.e. all of the ones in TES history being human).

Is there anything I've left out that you want to know?

Ok Oh need to ask. I am asking the questions like you are playing the video game.

Is the companion questline completed where the silverhand is no more of a threat to werewolves? If so I am even more thrilled to be in as a werewolf.
And what about the Helgen? I had a idea of my home being there because it would be deserted and no one is going to miss some bandits that were there. ::)
~Shadowfang~

Daoine Sidhe

Good point.  The Silverhand faction is now dead, and werewolves are no longer hunted as ferociously.  Also, Helgen remains in ruins.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

will we also be adding in the stories that occured in the two expansions Dragonborn and Dawnguard?

Daoine Sidhe

To be honest, I'm poor.  I never got the DLC.  I'll read up on the stories in those and go from there.  I suppose, for continuity purposes, we'll have to include them.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:47:44 AM
To be honest, I'm poor.  I never got the DLC.  I'll read up on the stories in those and go from there.  I suppose, for continuity purposes, we'll have to include them.

I only had Dawnguard. Humans rule, vampires suck. Don't over analyse it :P
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

Daoine Sidhe

Yes, yes the do suck.  They suck nice and hard.

Oh, dear.  Who typed that?

At any rate... yes, both of the DLC stories will be part of the current state of affairs.  I don't suppose it'll make much of a dent on the story overall, it just might affect the characters involved.  I don't plan to play a vampire, so whoever might be interested in so doing just let me know how you would prefer the stories to have played out.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:59:40 AM
Yes, yes the do suck.  They suck nice and hard.

Oh, dear.  Who typed that?

Go home Sidhe, you're drunk :P
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:11:07 AM
Good point.  The Silverhand faction is now dead, and werewolves are no longer hunted as ferociously.  Also, Helgen remains in ruins.  :-)
Ok so I dont have no trouble off the bat. I am now waiting for a character sheet due to my guy is pretty much well thought up.

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:59:40 AM
At any rate... yes, both of the DLC stories will be part of the current state of affairs.  I don't suppose it'll make much of a dent on the story overall, it just might affect the characters involved.  I don't plan to play a vampire, so whoever might be interested in so doing just let me know how you would prefer the stories to have played out.  :-)
Oh now there is a question about dawnguard DLC.

Did the dawnguard win the war against vampires?
If the dawnguard won there wouldnt be alot of vampires around but if the vampires won they would be a ton at night time.
~Shadowfang~

Lightshock16

I've played Dawnguard (up until the bloody Moth Priest Glitch) but not Dragonborn. In fact The game's so big I got to LV.46 without even getting close to completing even the main story...I'd probably want to be either a Nordic or Imperial Hunter/Adventurer of sorts.