Black Tokyo Redux [NC-E]

Started by Chris Brady, March 18, 2009, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

OK, it's been a while, but as I HATE leaving games and game worlds I design to languish in the dust, I am going to redust this one off.

It'll be a Japanese based world, in a fantasy modern Tokyo, where the world meets another parallel.  Demons and other creatures roam the other. Sometimes one leaks into the other.  The players will be high school students (16-18) who are caught in a conspiracy and how they deal with it.

I want at least two players, but no more than five.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hikari

I'm up for reprising my (titular*) role, or taking a new one if the group dynamic needs to shift.

*Boobs.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Corinthi

I'd be happy to play a brooding member of the Kendo club, perhaps with a dark secret.

Elohim

Is there room for a surprisingly sexy, but nerdy girl?   

Cosmo_ac

i admit, this sounds like it might have potential.  I would love to hear more about the plot.

Crovonovin

I too am intrigued.  I'd love to hear more about the setting or plot, so I can better envision what sort of character would be suitable.

Chris Brady

OK, the set up is that there are two Worlds, both side by side.  Both have the same geography, similar history and even the same people.  But the Other World (Also know as Black, or Kuro, which this is taking place in Tokyo, the other would be Kuro(Black) Tokyo) is home to demons and the like.  However, for the most part, if your counterpart is alive in the other world, one cannot travel between.  Demons can and do (Although the 'real' world is hard for them to exist, which is why they aren't all that common.)

The game will be Non-Con and Exotic.

Now, the players can be one of a few things.  First, you can be a 'normal' student whose 'other' has died, and thus able to cross over (Usually unwillingly.)  The other is being half-'demon' which can be a multitude of several things, from Oni, Vampires, Tengu, Werewolves, Western styled demons, or what have you.  Usually unknowing of your true heritage.  There are exceptions, but they remain out of reach for the beginning of the game.

The other thing I need to know is which of you want to be 'victims' in this game.

As for the plot, you are students in the same school (Preferably the same age so you can all share the same classes), and there's something or someone making girls disappear.  Or so the rumous state, but like most Japanese, the adults are claiming that the students are 'sick'.  Who's next, and why?

This is also going to be a more 'sandbox' type of game, I'm going to need you people to be a little proactive, as in do the typical Anime lead thing and seek out the trouble.

And Seraph...  Would someone like her do?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Elohim

*Grins* Chidori is sexy...

Crovonovin

Well, I must say that my interest is certainly peaked!  Now, when you say "half-demon", I'm still a wee bit hazy.  Would we be the direct product of a demon/human coupling, or a demon that took human form and, due to the difficulty of maintaining themselves in the "real" world, were stuck like that without memory or power?  I would suppose the former, but the latter came to mind and I supposed I'd ask. 

I'm not quite sure I'd be willing to play a victim, as I'm thinking of settling upon a male character.  Still, I wouldn't rule out the possibility, even as a male...

Chris Brady

Quote from: Seraph on March 19, 2009, 12:25:04 AM
*Grins* Chidori is sexy...

Her name is Chihiro Fushimi, actually.  ;D  And she's the one my character Persona 3 is currently chasing.  :)

And Shihong, you don't have to be a 'victim', no one does.  I just need to know if you want your character to be.

One more thing, this game WILL be violent.  Demons are not nice people, but I don't want to go into the 'Extreme' catagory.

Crovonovin

I'm perfectly fine with that.  Mixing demons and non-con, well, I wasn't exactly expecting it to be all sunshine and tea parties!

For the time being I will tentatively state that, if my character is simply human, I would like for him to be a victim.  I'm still contemplating the whole half-demon idea, as Eastern mythology always has so many interesting critters to toy around with...

Chris Brady

All 8 million are available.   ;)

Elohim

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 19, 2009, 12:46:51 AM
Her name is Chihiro Fushimi, actually.  ;D  And she's the one my character Persona 3 is currently chasing.  :)

And Shihong, you don't have to be a 'victim', no one does.  I just need to know if you want your character to be.

One more thing, this game WILL be violent.  Demons are not nice people, but I don't want to go into the 'Extreme' catagory.

Name mistake, haven't played P3 since  I picked up P4... 

Chris Brady

And she looks absolutely STUNNING in P4.

Crovonovin

Just thought I'd post this Wikipedia page.  Quite the extensive list of legendary beasties, for anyone who needs inspiration!  I know I'll be sorting through it for hours...

Chris Brady

Well, I got my five.

The onlt question now is:  Freeform or System?

Corinthi

If we do system, I'd prefer to use the system just for the purposes of guidelines and scaling. For example, we could stat up characters in Tri-Stat or the like just to establish what they would be capable of, then freeform our writing based on those stats.

And while I say Tri-Stat, I just say that because it's the default Anime go-to game. Honestly, high school kids dealing with demons and general badness? Cinematic Unisystem as seen in Buffy would be brilliant.

Cosmo_ac

yes, this game did remind me a bit of persona from the earlier details, and  this deffinitly sounds like it would appeal to me.  I amit i am a little scared at the meantion of it being a system game, but so long as i don't need to do more math thenon my tax forms, i think i should be ok.

Hikari

I like system games, but I can do freeform if that's what we decide on.  As for which system, that doesn't concern me as much; I just like having metrics in place for comparative purposes, even if they're only of a purely relative sort and lack granularity.

Regardless of whether I play Hikari or another character, I'd want to be a victim.  I love demons, and demonically possessed train passengers, and just plain randy high school kids!
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Cosmo_ac

hmm...allow me to amend what i was saying.  I'm cool with a system, and in fact, depending on how the game is supposed to play out, a system might be a good thing.  My biggest concern is getting bogged down with say, combat.  I've seen games take almost a month to resolve a single fight, which can become tedius.

That being said, if a system can be found that is fast and efficiant and doesn't require sitting down with a calculator and pencil everytime a roll is made, then by all means, i say we go for it :D

The arkham horror board game actually has a fairly quick dice pool system, and while i think it should be tweaked a bit, i think it could work well.

Crovonovin

My experience with roleplay thus far has been basically restricted entirely to prose, though I agree that some sort of underlying system would prove useful.  If only to keep track of our various strengths and weaknesses in relationship to one another, and to decide the outcomes of fights.  Any other inter-player interactions could likely be settled through private messages or discussions in the OOC thread.

As for my character, I do believe I've settled on an appropriate "demon".  I've also decided to keep him submissive, and wouldn't mind playing a victim initially, until he actually becomes aware of his mixed ancestry and the abilities that would come along with it.

Corinthi

After giving more thought to my character, I'm thinking he's a blatant ripoff of Mugen from Samurai Champloo, just younger. He's a hip hop listening, break dancing, crude thug with a gift for acrobatic swordplay using a Bokken instead of a sword. He's a glutton and a crook, but was trained by his grandfather to fight demons before the old man's demise. Maybe he's got some demonic blood in him that he doesn't know about. After all, why not fight fire with fire?

The Great Triangle

How many players are we at by now?

Is there room in the game for an androgynous, highly religious, and surprisingly lecherous individual?

(A practitioner of a strange western religion, constantly carrying around what seem like dozens of crosses.  The strange... person is always yelling or mumbling about purity and redemption, and about how the evils of the world are morally instructive.  Nobody can quite tell whether he (she?) is an exorcist or frighteningly openly in league with demons.)

I favor system, by the way, if we're going to eventually be going and fighting directly against the demons.  :)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Hikari

The Great Triangle!  Someone call Pythagoras, quick!

Ahem.  Anyway, Hikari--as she stood in the original game, I might make some adjustments--is the daughter of succubus and a normal human, though she's not aware of that fact; as far as she knows, she's just the product of what could be any other single-parent family in Japan, if obviously of mixed ancestry.

Hikari was a very talented gymnast when she was younger, and there was even talk she might be fit for Japan's Olympic hopefuls, but she hit puberty early, and hit it hard; her figure is now quite a bit too exaggerated in certain ways for her to be seriously competitive as a gymnast, though she's still a star at the local/regional level.  Aside from gymnastics, she participates in a few other extracurricular activities: she's in Fashion Club (which many students now cheekily refer to as 'Cosplay Club' because of her many costume projects on the sewing machines) and a card-carrying member of Anime/Manga Club, though as a mostly-male club she doesn't seem to have much in common with the other members, given her obsession with Shoujo Manga.

Hikari isn't especially bright and is extremely naive; as one would expect, her grades are fairly mediocre, and low enough to be conspicuous by Tokyo standards.  This, combined with her obvious signs of mixed ancestry (hair color and style) and buxom figure, make her a target of quite a bit of bullying by other girls.  There are still a few who like her due to her infectiously cheerful and infallibly polite manner, but she's definitely not part of the 'in' cliques.  Though she's somewhat well-liked by the boys (for obvious reasons), she has a bad reputation as being 'Spacegirl'; essentially, she's impossible to get a date with because she's completely oblivious to the fact boys are trying to come onto her.  There's a running game in some of the junior and senior class crowds as to how blatant a come-on someone can make toward her without her realizing it.

As she is a virgin, her half-succubus nature is currently dormant.  However, once she loses her virginity it will activate, though for the most part it remains latent and uncontrolled: she projects an aura of lust and desire.  This aura is normally fairly mild, causing things people say to seem more suggestive, for instance, and making arousal more sudden and more evident...  but not actually causing people to become attracted to those they normally wouldn't be, or to do things they wouldn't do.  However, the longer she goes without sex, the more desperate this aura becomes: after a few days, it starts to insinuate perverse ideas into anyone nearby, and can cause those with weak-wills to be overcome by a voracious (and rapacious) sexual appetite.  After a week, the effect elevates to a near-compulsion driving anyone in close proximity into a frenzy of lust--though, for it to reach this stage without her being isolated for an entire week is unlikely, for obvious reasons.

This aura is completely out of her hands; she does not realize it exists, and wouldn't be able to activate or deactivate it even if she did.  The aura, notably, does not affect her, and is likely ineffective against other succubi and incubi (not that they need the encouragement).
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Haibane

I'm curious Chris... but are you full now?