DND 3.5 all Wizard Game

Started by Cerebellum von Doom, May 01, 2011, 02:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

I just used the standard 36 point buy on invisible castle and got decent stats.

Cerebellum von Doom

That was pretty much my point earlier, that us rolling now is both without approval, and easy to stack.  I rolled until I had an 18, because in this situation I would have point bought to an 18 anyway.  The other stats didn't matter to me.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my own basis for those rolls was 'roll until I get 16 or higher' which I would place in Int. In the 4th roll got 18 and 16 which I was happy with. But if roller had been decided to be stubborn (no 16 or higher after 10 or so re-rolls) I would had picked from among first 3-5 rolls.

Of course GM can just checking those charts order us use first rolled stats and place 16 to Int. I would agree if GM rules to do so. Of course if first roll is horrid (three or more stats under 10) then use second or third roll.

Cerebellum von Doom

More than likely Sekhmet and I are withdrawing from the game.  Her membership was denied so we have no way of her playing, and I have no desire to play without her.

TheGlyphstone

Zaer Darkwail

Huh? Denied? How come?

Anycase sad see you guys go tough :/.

Ryven

She wasn't outright denied.  She was put on hold and will be able to reapply at a later time.

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, the age issue?

Well, anyways we got 2-3 free wizard slots. I stick with generic char concept.

Cerebellum von Doom

Six months does us no good, and worse yet, none will give her a straight answer as to why she was placed on hold.

TheGlyphstone

The moderators work in mysterious ways...[/sagewisdom]

Frelance

I am withdrawing my interest in this rp. I don't have the time for it.
Evolution is an arms race

Ryven

Seems like the game is at a standstill.  Might as well count me out as well.  I started interest in this because of friends, and now since they're not playing, I don't really feel like going for it if they're not going to be able to.

TheGlyphstone

I like the premise enough that I'm holding firm for now. A fresh thread might be warranted, though, if we end up trying to re-recruit, one started by the GM proper.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 23, 2011, 09:38:07 PM
I like the premise enough that I'm holding firm for now. A fresh thread might be warranted, though, if we end up trying to re-recruit, one started by the GM proper.

Yeah, consider how many quited the new recruitment thread would be in order. Just include peeps who stick around and their chosen specializations.

Cerebellum von Doom

Well lets not be too rash, which unfortunately I was yesterday.  I hope you all forgive my frustration and dour attitude and words.  It seems Sekhmet has been provisionally approved afterall, so we're both back in, that is if you all don't mind.

Zaer Darkwail

Sure, welcome both of you :). I can understand if you loose interest to join game when you very much wanted her in.

Ryven

>__>  I think my spot has already been taken.

Cerebellum von Doom

Technically your concept was already approved...

Ryven

True, but I don't want to be all like, "Nuh uh!  Mine!"  After I've already said I was going to withdraw.  I probably should have waited.  I guess I could see what Chrono has to say since he's the GM.

PhantomPistoleer

Don't worry. You can have it.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ryven

Phantom, you are awesome.  Thank you so much.

Sekhmet

Greetings people!

Resident necromancer and general creepy person (that is the intent anyway but we shall see, no?) reporting in. Sorry for any inconvenience my claim by proxy may have caused. Since I already managed to get thoroughly misinterpreted please if anything I say strikes you as odd or rude, don't hesitate to send me a pm. Chances are I was just being weird ^^

Trudging through the thread currently to get a grip how the discussions been going. Just have the first concept from von Doom  and the rough draft by Chronoclasm. Knew I had to be part of that from the get go and with that very awesome draft things shouldn't be able to go wrong. So anyway, I am off to read. So very much to read here to get ones bearings... quite nice.. quite nice indeed!

Ryven

Sekhmet

Thank you for the welcomes!

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 25, 2011, 12:19:00 PM
Just try find nice pic for your char :). I made some search examples for you;

Yeah I always have trouble finding avatar pics I like for my characters. I have such a clear image in my head for what I want it to look like, so I get picky and annoyed when I can not find the perfect match. So, help and suggestions are very appreciated. ^^

So, thank you for the examples!
First and second one are good ones. The staff in the second is all manner of awesome, and I think quite fitting to the setting. Unfortunately she is not what I want. Too.. explicit. For a good creepy feeling I need more contrast between looks and the way she will act. Want the same kind of "off" feel you get from say... the girl from the ring. Second one has some rather nice clothes. A bit too little fabric on the upper portion. Needs better sleeves primarily (also in a material more fitting for the setting). Very nice centre line though, left bare like that and the rest of the outfit fitting snugly. Slits on the lower portion (though looks like it may actually be completely different sections) rock. Lovely little addition with the skull too. But admit it would be all the more a thrilling picture had there been more of a contrast between her and the skull, yes? It looks to fit in with her too well, no? Picky indeed...