Blizzard fans? (Diablo/Starcraft/Warcraft)

Started by Aiden, September 03, 2008, 01:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laeori

LOL  I didn't want to be in Beta. I don't like spoiling all the fun for later.  I tried to get a key for a friend though.

Aiden

I do my exploring and lore filled reading now, chances are when It goes live I wont see Northrend....my guild pretty much reserves me the moment I log in to run instances back to back until I log out. (What happened with BC)

Laeori

My guild tried doing that I just tell em I will run 2 instances today choose, then I am lost to RP for the rest of the day .. save Mon/Fri raid nights

Aiden

I don't mind it, It levels me real fast, and I don't have to deal with fighting for mobs and stuff.
(this is when I am on the pve server)

It did not work out for me on the Rppvp server (rp wise)

Laeori

Meh I am on a plain ole RP server.  I have found RP is where you make it.

Aiden

Yea but I wanted to chase down people with my Cowking (tuaren enhancement shaman) I had such good times ganking raiding group outside of kara....because they would zone out one at a time!

Xillen

BlackThorne
Warcraft
Warcraft II (and expansion)
Diablo
Starcraft (and expansion)
Diablo II (and expansion)
Warcraft III (and expansion)
WoW (and TBC)

And all played to death of course. So yeah, I'm a blizz junkie. I'm really anticipating Diablo 3 and Starcraft II. WotLK not so much. I've kinda had it with MMO's. Maybe Blizz suspending my account indefenitely when I was a GM of the 3th best guild ally side on the server had anything to do with it, but I think I would've been over it by now anyhow. Too much like work instead of a game.

Red Dawn

I don't like the rumor where SC 2 is being postponed. I mean, they revealed the game first! Shouldn't they be developing that one first? >_>

It's not like I have anything against Diablo, on the contrary, I love that game to death. But... I want to play SC 2 first! D:

KG

Warcraft II was my first true love, video game wise.  The expansion sold me even more.  StarCraft was the game my friends and I played through junior high, although D&D took over after a bit.  World of Warcraft was never my thing, though, and Warcraft III was less than awesome, in my opinion - I don't like the heroes idea too much.  Makes it more of a tactical RPG than a strategy game, in my opinion.

Xillen

Warcraft III was indeed a different game than Warcraft II and Starcraft were. From the looks of it, Starcraft II will NOT follow the Warcraft III Heroes principle (though it will be in the engine for the custom maps).

Starcraft II has some superunits, though, like the Protoss Mothership. Not sure what kind of impact they'll have.

KG

Well, yeah - but they're still units.
It's like getting your first carrier or queen - you have to control them fairly intimately, but if you lose them?  They're not irreplaceable, and they're not vital.
You lose your level 12 Paladin in WCIII and can't afford to bring him back?  You're done.

Chris Brady

Oh, man, I completely forgot Blackthorne!  I loved that game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Revolverman

Blackthorn was fun, but the controls were... a little stiff