News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Interest Check] The Maid RPG

Started by Wintercat, May 04, 2011, 12:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, edited my post little and added short biography about the Master. Probably add more in game thread. What 'Contemporary Light' means exactly? Or 'Palatial Residence'.

ExisD

I'm a fan of more random rolling for the scenario. We also need another maid to counter balance mine, preferably someone less scary.
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2011, 05:41:48 PM
Well, edited my post little and added short biography about the Master. Probably add more in game thread. What 'Contemporary Light' means exactly? Or 'Palatial Residence'.
It's a random adventure chart.

fallensaviour

i have no idea where to find an image for this character

Kirinis

I'll be willing to run a counter balance maid as long as there is space and the dice say that the maid will be less scary.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ExisD on May 05, 2011, 06:03:15 PM
It's a random adventure chart.

Ahaa, I see. Well I am all favor for random rolled scenarios.

fallensaviour

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 06, 2011, 01:12:04 AM
Ahaa, I see. Well I am all favor for random rolled scenarios.

you know you can cause random events in this game

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: fallensaviour on May 06, 2011, 01:19:33 AM
you know you can cause random events in this game

As master? Yeah I know, have PM discussion with Wintercat about how to play as Master and how reward favor etc.

Kunoichi

As someone who signed up for the other game but hasn't gotten the chance to play yet, I think I'd like to sign up for this one, if you still have room. ^^; I just rolled up a character now, and...

QuoteAthletics: 4
Affection: 2
Skill: 2
Cunning: 1
Luck: 2
Will: 1

Maid Types: Boyish, Pure

Uniform Color: Blue, Cream
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Brown

Special Qualities: Tragic Love (Separations), Albino

Maid Roots: Orphan
Stress Explosion: Shopping
Maid Weapon: Chainsaw

Favored Attribute: Athletics
Maid Power: Giant Weapon

Favor: 2
Spirit: 10

I got an albino woman who's strong (Athletics 4), but a little ditzy (Cunning and Will 1), someone Boyish and Pure who was orphaned at an early age and taken in by either the Master or his father, who has been consistently unlucky in love and who, for some reason, fights with a giant chainsaw. >>;

Given that everything else is normal, I think I'll have it so that not even she knows what's up with the chainsaw.  It'll just be some unexplained skill passed down in her family line, or something...

fallensaviour

she's from a family of circus folk who used to juggle chainsaws?

Kunoichi

Nah.  More like in Saitama Chainsaw Shoujo, where the main character's American Grandfather taught her a chainsaw-based martial arts style developed by Confederate foresters during the American Civil War. ^^

...Don't think too hard about that one. :P

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmmm, my maids tend to be boyish and like wield mega big weapons. Looks quite interesting so far :).

Anycase question; what 'boyish' would be defined in the maids? Would it mean the girls wear more manly clothes or have quite slim body builds (not big busts or femine traits besides hair and face)? Or more behavior wise more masculine?

Anycase fine with that Kunoichi char was picked up by Masters father and she was raised in the mansion. She's working in gardening perhaps and mansion has rather big garden (and garden bush statues) so she grew familiar with use of very big chainsaw?

minerva7790

I rolled a maid who's sexy and lolita! Not too sure how that is going to turn out... I PM'ed it to Wintercat to interprete the rest of the numbers, so I'll show it to the people here once he replies... :-)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I think sexy and lolita turns something like a mature woman with child alike behavior (or wearing clothes suited for children). Or reverse; a child alike body but wearing mature sexy clothes.

But consider elliquiy rules she must not be too 'childish' or 'child alike' so it goes not same as being with underaged person :P. She may very well be aware of her sex appeal (she's not pure so she could not be naive). But she perhaps on purpose dresses like a little girl to tempt people around her and have some child alike habits like call all adult men 'uncle's or 'daddy' or say 'Onee-chan!' which is Japanese for big brother if I recall correctly.

Just my ideas but it's your char so you decide how exactly she presents lolita and sexy.

minerva7790

I was thinking of ero loli, with fishnets and the like, though that's probably the wrong interpretation of lolita... :P Maybe your idea of a mature woman who acts like an innocent child might work! Ohh, I think I'm going to have some fun!

And 'onee-chan' means 'big sister'. Which is what my character can call the other maids. 'Onii-chan' is 'big brother', which I can call fallensaviour's butler character.

fallensaviour

I am not onii-chan, i am lionel will be his response :P

minerva7790

*tilts head, looks at Lionel with a puzzled expression* Lionel...oniichan? XD

Kirinis

I'll let the dice do the talking to see what my maid's stats will be:

Edit 1:Hmm, never mind apparently Elliquiy doesn't support in post rolling I think.  Guess I'll have figure out how to work Dice Bot.

Edit 2: I'll use Invisible Castle instead:

Stats in order & Maid Types (2d6=7, 2d6=10, 2d6=7, 2d6=9, 2d6=6, 2d6=10, 1d6=5, 1d6=5)

Maid Colors, Special Qualities and Potential Secondary Rolls, Maid Roots & Stress Explosion, Maid Power (1d66=65, 1d66=35, 1d66=50, 1d66=57, 1d6=5, 1d66=46, 1d6=6, 1d66=49, 1d66=4, 1d6=6)

Edit 3: Never mind, I'm an idiot who rolled 1d66 instead of 2d6.  Back to the RNG drawing board.

Edit 4: Fourth time's the charm, thanks Zaer.

Zaer Darkwail

Click View my Rolls and when you do a roll (d6 or 2d6) you then check the 'latest rolls' and just copy paste the link.

Kirinis

Alright time to line up my maid's stats:

Attributes:
Athletics: 2
Affection: 0
Skill: 2
Cunning: 2
Luck: 2
Will: 2

Maid Types: Cool & Boyish

Maid Colors:
Uniform Color: Pink & Grey
Eye Color: Vermilion
Hair Color: Vermilion

Special Qualities: Dark Past [Amnesiac] & Glasses

Maid Roots: Orphan
Stress Explosion: Gambling
Maid Weapon: Bombs/Grenades

Favored Attribute: Luck
Maid Power: Saw It

Favor: 0
Spirit: 20

Hmm, this is a funny brew. :)

So my maid's history is that she's an orphan created from an incident she remembers nothing from.  As such, she hides behind her no-nonsense and tomboyish attitude and rarely associates with the other maids.  It's obvious she not entirely human given how vividly red her eyes are, which not even her glasses can disguise very well.  She has a disconcerting ability to be seemingly be everywhere at once as nothing escapes her notice.  When provoked, out come out the grenades she has hidden all over her.

So not a normal character....

fallensaviour

Quote from: Kirinis on May 06, 2011, 11:51:13 AM
She has a disconcerting ability to be seemingly be everywhere at once as nothing escapes her notice.

hmm...and i thought the butlers were the ones for the randomly popping up

Wintercat

Yuka's Character has been checked, and the rolls confirmed then. If she wishes to change something (rerolls) she can inform me. I sent her the relevant information and hope she posts it here then.

Right now, I'd want a head-count what we have and who are playing them.

I also need to talk with Zaer about the game and being a Master. I'm fairly tired today ( been a long, rough day in real life ) so I might delay it till tomorrow, but if I got energy left soon I will get to you.

Also, figured I ought to post the following rules for all to see, from the book:

Stress

Maids receive stress through combat as noted above, or when it’s assigned by the GM. Combat in particular can cause a maid to accumulate lots of Stress very quickly. When a maid’s accumulated Stress exceeds her Spirit rating, she enters into a Stress Explosion. When this happens, the maid remains under the player’s control, but she can only do things that fall within the character’s Stress Explosion. However, as long as it falls within the Stress Explosion, anything goes. Each minute of real-life time (including when you take a break from the game) spent in this state removes one point of Stress, until the maid finally gets down to 0 Stress. The player whose character took damage should take care of keeping track of time,
with the process verified by the GM. Stopwatches are pretty effective, but keeping track on a wall clock is fine, too.

Stress can also be reduced by spending Favor points; see below.

EDIT: We are running the game on forums, though, not in a tabletop, so lets say that its upto the players how long those minutes take, but in general, I think unless something truely extraordinary happens, it should be okay to summarize it in 1-4 posts, depending on the pace of posting at the time and the length indicated by the amount of stress.

Favor
Favor represents how pleased the master is with a given maid. The GM (master) hands out points of Favor to the maid characters whenever she feels like it. In particular, points of Favor should go to maids who work hard to serve, assist, or rescue their master. These points can be spent in the following ways:

EDIT: We are running the game with a Master in game, so I am giving him the right to award the Favor as he sees fit in this instance, if it gets entirely out of Control, I'll try and step in to help out. Also, there are some other ways to earn favor, but I'd not want to confuse the players even more so lets just leave it at that for now.

Usage Cost and Effects

Removing Stress - Spend 1 Favor to remove 1 point of Stress.

Raising Attributes - To raise an attribute by 1,spent a number of Favor points equal to the new attribute level desired, times 10.

Roll Bonus - Spend 1D6 Favor to add +1 to either the die roll or your attribute score for one action.

Random Event - Spend 1D6 Favor to have a Random Event occur.

A maid whose Favor drops below 0 is dismissed by the master or the household. To avoid being dismissed, maids can lower one of their attributes by one point, gaining 10 times the new attribute level in Favor (e.g., lowering Athletics from 3 to 2 provides 20 Favor), until the maid has 0 or more Favor. Of course, that means that maids can wind up on a downward spiral of reduced ability.

Difficulties and Results

Difficulty Number - Effect
4-6 - The minimum necessary to succeed at an action.
6-8 - Difficult for an amateur, but easy for a pro.
8-10 - Something only a pro can pull off.
10+ - Difficult even for a pro.

Note: Maids are basically pros in their area of expertise.

Also, rolls are generally made by rolling 1d6, and multiplying the result with the ability you are using.

Say, an annoyed maid sets up a trap to another maid, rolling 6 and multiplying it by her cunning, 3. This totals 18, so the trap is pretty good. The maid in question that walks over elects to roll her Luck against it, and rolling a 4, with her Luck of 4, has a total of 16. Not happy with the results, she spends 1d6 Favor (rolling a 4) and increases her Luck temporarily by 1, to 5. This gives her a total of 20.

The maid that set the trap watches as the maid that was supposed to get caught in her trap steps over that particular step in the stairs that she oiled up so the other maid would slip and drop the master's priceless collection of crystal figurines, surely getting a harsh scolding if she did that. With a frown the maid that set the trap watches the lucky maid continuing on, not even noticing the trap.

Just then a loud yell comes out and the annoyed Maid looks over at the stairs, then paling.

Master is on his back, one shoe missing from his feet and seeing stars.

Things aren't looking good for the trap-setting maid if she can't find a way to convince the master it wasn't her fault.

I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

fallensaviour

yeay stress explosions dont matter to me, also i'm still in :D

minerva7790

Sounds scary, considering I'll be going against the other maids with a hammer, when the rest have got chainsaws and the like. But I'm willing to give it a go.

Here's what I rolled, interpreted by Wintercat. He suggested I might want to reroll, since 0 spirit is scary, but I'll wait for him to get back to me. ^^

Name: Yuka
Maid type: Sexy (Cunning +1, Will -1) and Lolita (Luck +1, Athletics -1)
Colors: Uniform: Navy Blue and White; eyes: Silver ; hair: Pink
Maid Qualities: Trauma: Saw Parent Die, and Shy
Maid Roots: Revenge: The Master is your hated enemy, and you are infiltrating his mansion in order to extract revenge.
Stress Explosion: Spoiled Child: You act like a spoiled child, making demands of the master.
Weapon: Hammer
Maid Power: Instant Cleaning: Add +1 to your Skill for purposes of doing cleaning.
Favor: 6
Spirit: 0

Attributes
Athletics 1
Affection 3
Skill 4
Cunning 3
Lucky 4
Will 0

(Not-so-brief) Character bio: Yuka was born to a middle class family, the only child of two average but well-meaning magic users. She has fond memories of playing in her father's lab, being his good little assistant. All that changed in a terrible fight one day, when Yuka was but seven years old. Another wizard had broken into their home and began to attack Yuka's parents. Yuka hid herself in a cupboard, watching the fight through a small gap between the doors. In an hour, the fight was over, and Yuka was left orphaned by the mysterious man. Saddened and devastated by the loss of her parents, Yuka vowed her revenge on the mysterious man who had killed them. It was her anger that led her to the Master's mansion, the household belonging to the son of the wizard who killed her parents.

On the surface, Yuka is a bubbly but somewhat shy young woman,  who does not understand why her curvaceous body tended to give men nosebleeds. Her maid's uniform consists of a navy blue bodice with a white waist cincher, half-apron, sleevecuffs, and cap. (Perhaps if she wore less of her outfit, the men would have less nosebleeds? *smile*) Her mental growth seemed to have arrested since the day her parents were brutally killed, even if her body had continued growing. Whether the innocence is only an act, or if that is Yuka's true personality, no one really knows. But it might explain why she tends to act like a spoilt brat when her stress levels hit their max. The strength in her arms which she has gained from all that cleaning gives her the strength to wield even large hammers, such as sledgehammers or giant wooden mallets, which she hides somehow within her maid's attire.

Kirinis

Quote from: fallensaviour on May 06, 2011, 04:11:52 PM
hmm...and i thought the butlers were the ones for the randomly popping up

Less popping up and more like knowing when and how people are naughty.  Also ready to roll forth and serve the Master.

Maric

Hmmm.  I like the idea of running a Maid game much better than the idea of just playing one.  Partly because I generally like GMing games better period, and partly because Maid gives me an excuse to pull out some absolutely ridiculous plotlines.  Might consider being a normal maid for this one, though.