Elliquiy Banners

Started by Ashina, July 27, 2008, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashina

Ok.. So I know I'm new and all, but I was looking around and though I had a decent idea/suggestion for you.

As I gained access to new forums and looked into things more I found the Recruit and Promote Elliquiy forum and noticed that all the suggestions in there were for simple text links.  So far as I can tell, Elliquiy doesn't have any banners or visual advertisements.

So My suggestion is thus:  Design and develop a few banner ads for people to use to help promote Elliquiy since pictures draw more attention that words most commonly.  And then if you ever wanted to, you could  even use them to advertise with them using some of the donated money.

I'd be willing to offer my help in making them if you wanted it.  I just hate making suggestions though without offering to help out some on them myself.  I've had some experience making these types of things before, and made a good deal of them for another RPG that I'm in.  The only thing I'd need would be any images to use in them, a direction, and/or the sizing you'd want.  Below is a simple example:

...if you want to see some more of my work feel free to check out the photobucket folder they're contained in.  http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/Rargibble/Kethmar/Banners/ (Caution, Advertisements Within)

So yeah, just some suggestions.  Hope they're helpful.
=^.^=

Ashina

Ok.. well I was going to try and make up a few banners today but i wasn't sure what to put in them.

Pictures? If so does Elliquiy have any?  Or the rights to use any?  Should the banner have nudity?

Phrases, Taglines, and or a Motto?  If so, what are they or where do i find them?  Should I try to make some up?

I want to help, but I need some direction to go in, and I'm afraid of doing something overly wrong/offensive in the attempt.

=^.^;=

ShrowdedPoet

You should probably PM Veks.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Sherona

I think that any banners shown elsewhere probably should not have any nudity. Number 1. Not all sites allow nudity, number 2. I think that advertisements should press the literary/artistic aspect of Elliquiy. *smiles*

Atleast that would be my vision of a good banner..but its just one opinion.

Xillen

There should at least be non-nude banners available, since, as Sherona mentioned, there are a lot of places where you can't use the nude versions.

I also somewhat agree with her second reason, but there should at least be hints about the erotic parts of the stories on Elliquiy, so some eroticness in the banners would work well. You don't need nudity for erotics, though :)

Bliss

Quote from: Xillen on August 10, 2008, 12:02:14 PM
There should at least be non-nude banners available, since, as Sherona mentioned, there are a lot of places where you can't use the nude versions.

I also somewhat agree with her second reason, but there should at least be hints about the erotic parts of the stories on Elliquiy, so some eroticness in the banners would work well. You don't need nudity for erotics, though :)

Hear hear!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Sherona

Seconding Bliss' Here Here....Of course I find subtle sexiness far more erotic then In your face nudity. :D

Trieste

So clearly you just put Sherona's avatar in there and you'll be fine. :D

Sherona

Quote from: Trieste on August 10, 2008, 05:59:30 PM
So clearly you just put Sherona's avatar in there and you'll be fine. :D

*laughs and blushes* Hush T. >.> <.< hehee

Ashina

Ok, first Banner done and now up for review.  Lemme know what you think, and suggestions always welcome.  =^.^=

ShrowdedPoet

Maybe if it moved a tiny bit slower. . .
Ons and Offs

Trieste

I'm not sure if you intended it this way, but the shifts ('scene changes'?) are very rapid. I had to watch it for several minutes to catch the words... Perhaps spend a bit more time on each frame so the eye has time to read it?

Other than that, it looks really nice. I don't think Elliquiy has any particular colour scheme officially, so the blue-on-black works. ... and it's oddly appropriate that it's reminiscent of a bruise! XD

Ashina

Ok slowed the transitions and stuff down a little bit.  Hopefully thats a little bit better.  It's an easy fix, so fine tuning it more is simple enough.

ShrowdedPoet

At least the last scene is too fast. . .still.

Ons and Offs

Simica

I would have to agree as well. Maybe add another second or two at the end.

Trieste

I like the timing on it now. I wonder if you can make a version without the golden glow on the wording, to see how it looks? I'm not sure if it's making the words stand out more against the black, or fuzzing them. I presume that's what you were going for, since I do it in Photoshop m'self. :)

I feel like I'm nitpicking; if I am, please let me know.

Bliss

I agree with Trieste; I'd like to see the letters be a little crisper, they look kinda fuzzy.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Ashina

Ok, slowed the end down a little bit more and removed the blue glow from all the text.  And i don't think it's nit-picking so don't worry =^.^=

Heres another one, nothing special, and to be honest it's not one I like very much myself.  Mostly I jsut wanted to add another one that was a little different to maybe spark some more thought.

Trieste

Oh... I like the top one very much. The letters still stand out without the glow, and they look cleaner.

Seeing the second one, the geek in me immediately wanted to make one up: "Chat... forums... games... Feh! A Jedi craves all these things..."

*sighs and dons her geek hat*

Bliss

Gorgeous! I love it with the glow-less letters. :)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

ShrowdedPoet

Ons and Offs

Ashina

Ok, heres a two more, just to try and make a little bit more variety.

=^.^=

Caeli

In the second banner, "Freindly" is spelled wrong. ^^; You might want to correct that.
Also, not sure about this, but... isn't it "BDSM" and not "BESM"?

Again, little things, but we do want to present ourselves well. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ashina

Friendly is a typo, partly because I'm dumb like that, and partly because photoshop doesn't have an auto spellcheck lol.  BESM isn't a typo, though I could add BDSM i suppose.  I was referring to the gaming system (also my personal favorite) Big Eye's Small Mouth.  But yeah.. i'll be fixing the one typo, thanks!  =^.^=

Fixed:

Moondazed

Why BESM instead of BDSM?  While I've seen the term, I'm not familiar with it.  Sure, I could google it, but it's easier to ask since I bet others are wondering too.

Edit:  Otherwise I think it's a great idea, and it's classy :D
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~