Giantslayer (Pathfinder, LGBTQ+ friendly)

Started by TheKhan, December 02, 2018, 02:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

Fee! Fi! Foe! Fum!

Belkzen has long been held but the orcs, but something dark rumbles behind the scenes. Something massive. The orcs once called upon giant allies and now the giants are coming back, but this time, they are in command...

The Expectations

Regular Posting:
I’m not going to set a specific rate since shit happens, but please post regularly. An issue I’ve found with Pathfinder PbP is when people just want to post in combat, then don’t interact with other players outside of combat.

Please don’t do that.

This is a Pathfinder AP, so there will be plenty of combat (if the name GIANTSLAYER didn’t give it away), but there will be plenty of unique diplomatic encounters and strange allies. That roleplaying is a big draw for me, so I am perfectly fine with going extended periods without combat. Please make sure you are okay with that too.

Cooperative Play: Basically, don’t be a dick. Don’t troll other people or start fights. We are all here to have fun. Me having to play peacekeeper is anti-fun.

Open-Mindedness: This game is open to all orientations and genders. I’m a cis-het male, so I can’t promise I’ll get everything right, but I’m always open to talking and learning more. I just ask everyone to bring that open-mindedness.

Communication: Talk to me (and each other). Let me know what you’d like to see/experience. If there is something you’d like to see or is killing your buzz, let me know. If something uncomfortable comes up and you need the scene to end, please tell me.

Playing an Adventure Path: APs, by their very nature, are hard to play in PbP. People lose focus or interest, they forget what goals are, or they don’t get constant stimulation, even when they have the best of intentions. I’m going to try some things mitigate these problems, but please be sure you can deal with the long-haul. Also, while I and the AP will give you flexibility with how to deal with issues, recognize there are some expectations of story beats that need to occur. Please make sure you are okay with this and willing to work within the confines of the story as presented.

Read the Player’s Guide: Find it here. You certainly don’t need to memorize the thing, but it's not long and sets some important expectations for this campaign. Also, it has some excellent advice for character building.

The Rating
I’m going to say Bondage Exotic. While I don’t recall anything that explicitly this AP in either category, that gives us leeway with roleplaying and character races. Non-con and relations with anyone under 19 (or appearing to be under, or under racial equivalent) are entirely off limits for me under any circumstances. They will not appear in this game.

The Lore
Alignment: Any non-evil. Pathfinder is a game of heroes, and  With that said, Everyone in the group needs to be able to get along. Preachy good, lawful templar and chaotic jerk characters should be avoided.

Background: I don’t have too much to add here beyond what is in the Player’s Guide. Backgrounds don’t have to be huge, but please do try to build your campaign trait into it.

Personality: As I said above, your character needs to be trusting enough to work with others without trying to screw them over. Keeping a game cohesive on the boards is hard enough with characters getting sarcastic with one another.

Appearance: As you please, although a picture is required so that I can use it on maps, although it doesn’t have to be a perfect representation of your character.

Aspirations:
Please include three aspirations for your character, two short-term and one long-term. Note that these are your aspirations for the character, so they don’t have to be things the character wants to happen to themselves. Also, these aspirations should be story focused, but don’t have to connect to a larger metaplot. They are just useful barometers for me to try and keep everyone engaged.

Sexuality: The big focus on this game for is to play the game. For sex, I'm more interested in seeing realistic (or realistic as possible) relationships develop, rather than "everyone gets laid." It can and will come up, but it won't just be with a random NPC unless you specifically go looking for that. Of course, you are also free to imitate with each other if that is your desire.

The Crunch
Books: All Paizo. I'm sticking with that so I don't have to do any significant restructuring of the AP to account for 3rd Party content.
Starting Level: 1st
Classes: Any from the above sources.
Races: Any race of up to 15 RP is okay.
Ability scores: Standard 15 point buy. A common question I’ve gotten from PbP is if I will up it to 20 point buy. Often I cave in, but I won't be this time since the AP is calibrated for 15 points.
Hit Points: Full at first level.
Skills: By request, we will use the Background Skills varient.
Equipment: Average starting wealth by class (find it here, under 8) Getting Equipped) If you are using a lot of non-standard equipment, please give a brief description of the item’s unique properties.
Traits: Two traits at character creation, no more by any means. One of the traits needs to be a campaign trait from the Player’s Guide.
Experience: When I feel it is an appropriate time for you to level up, I will tell you to level up.

The Application
Players: 4
What You Need: A character sheet that’s at least 90% done, including picture, aspirations, and background. The latter does not need to be super extensive, however.
When you need it by: December 15th. If that doesn’t work though, talk to me and we may be able to work something out. I'd like to aim to have the final group chosen by December 16th.

Chulanowa

Petrus02

very interested. As a first tenative idea i'd roll out a cleric of Calistria. Healer, but no healing focus, rather a mix of battle and buff cleric.

Snake

Thorne

Interested.

I have a couple of fighters in the folders, one of which might be useful here. I'll take a look at the player's guide.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

GunmetalDreamer

What the heck, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Hagan Bancroft
Lvl 1 Human Slayer

History:  There was a time when Hagan was considered something of a  hellraiser.  One of the few children his age in a small farmstead dwelling in the shadows of the mountains, he was constantly roaming into places he didn't belong.  It was the only thing that saved his life the day the giants came down; hiding out far from the livestock he watched impotently as the massive humanoids tore farmhands trying to defend their livelihoods limb from limb, and chased down the ones who dared to run.

His sister, who'd been too sick to abandon the home at the time, survived as well, hiding within a closet.  Knowing that they wouldn't be so fortunate as to survive a second time if the giants returned, the two orphans gathered up anything of value that they could and started the long trip to Trunau, the largest settlement they could reach.  His sister's condition worsened on the road, pushing herself to march in the cold weather in her health, but they made it and were taken in by a priest of Erastil until a more permanent home could be found for the two of them.

Hagan, however, didn't remain in Trunau.  Haunted by the sights he'd seen, gripped by irrational guilt at having hidden and survived while friends fought and died, he became consumed by a desire to protect others from his own fate.  When he was fourteen, he left Trunau before, determined to find a Dwarven warrior who'd teach him the tactics the dwarves had used to push the giants from their mountains in ages past.

It's only in the last year that he returned, apparently having succeeded in his quest, and having earned a new fondness for alchohol along the way as well.

Personality:  Years after the event, Hagan is still weighed down by his survivor's guilt.  His younger sister, the last of his family, lives on in Trunau which prompts him to return regularly; he's even lent his steel to the militia in the past when things were looking dark. However, he's yet to settle in himself.  On some level, despite keeping the worship of Erastil, he believes he doesn't "deserve" to be part of a community.  So, he keeps roaming, helping where he can in search of some act that will quiet his self-recriminations and redeem him.

Attributes:  Str 16, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
HP: 11 / 11  Armor Class:  19  Initiative:  +2  Speed:  20'  CMD:  17
Saving Throws:  Fort +3;  Ref +4;  Will +1
Class/Racial Feats:  Dodge
Chosen Feats:  Mobility
Skills:  Acrobatics +6 (+2 in Armor), Climb +7 (+3 in Armor), Know (Dungeoneering) +4, Know (Local) +4, Lore (Giants) +4, Perception +5, Stealth +6 (+2 in Armor), Survival +5
Traits:  Orphaned by Giants; Dwarf-Trained

Short Term Aspirations:  See the giants who raided his hometown dead; make sure his sister Maeve is taken care of (which might be trickier now that she's growing up herself, and turning heads).
Long Term Aspiration:  Shake off his past, retire, and start a family of his own.

Chulanowa

I'm definitely feeling a dwarf of some flavor for this.

PhantomPistoleer

HALCYON THE CRAVEN
Human Unchained Rogue

Biography:  Halcyon was born and raised in Trunau.  Like all Trunauans, on his twelfth birthday, he received his late father's hopeknife.  His mother, a farmer who had run away to Trunau to escape a terrible past, taught him how to kill himself in the event of capture.  He made his vow to take a stand against the marauding orcs soon after, and to date, he has participated in a number of successful defenses, counter-raids, and caravans to Lastwall.  His ability to speak orc, his daring nature, and his prowess at mountain-climbing are always in demand by his fellow Trunauans.

Personality:  Halcyon has always been loyal to Trunau and its people.  Despite the constant stress of an impending siege, he is kind, humble, caring, and friendly.  To him, no trip through dangerous orc-infested lands is too dangerous if it's for the purpose of restoring a Trunauan's family their memories of their lost ones.  He is very proud of his home.  In battle, Halcyon is audacious and reckless.

Short Term Aspirations:  Continue to protect Trunau; Demonstrate reckless bravery in the face of adversity.
Long Term Aspiration:  Die an amazing death.

character sheet

Halcyon (The Craven) CR 1

CG Medium humanoid (Human)
Vexing Dodger (Rogue) 1
Init +4; Senses Perception +0

DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex, +2 Armor)
HP 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee Hope Dagger +5 (1d4-1/19-20)
Ranged Hope Dagger +5 (1d4-1/19-20)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 8, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD +3
Feats Dodge, Mobility
Skills Acrobatics 1 (+9), Climb 1 (+4), Disable Device 1 (+8), Escape Artist 1 (+8), Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1 (+5), Knowledge (Local) 1 (+5), Sleight of Hand 1 (+8), Stealth 1 (+8), Swim 1 (+3), Use Magic Device 1 (+4).
Languages Common, Orc
SQ Finesse Training, Limb Jumping, Sneak Attack +1d6
Traits:  Trunau Native, Cliff Jumper

SPECIAL ABILITIES

FINESSE TRAINING
At 1st level, a rogue gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. In addition, starting at 3rd level, she can select any one type of weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse (such as rapiers or daggers). Once this choice is made, it cannot be changed. Whenever she makes a successful melee attack with the selected weapon, she adds her Dexterity modifier instead of her Strength modifier to the damage roll. If any effect would prevent the rogue from adding her Strength modifier to the damage roll, she does not add her Dexterity modifier. The rogue can select a second weapon at 11th level and a third at 19th level.

LIMB JUMPING
When adjacent to or in the space of a corporeal creature at least one size category larger than herself, a vexing dodger can climb that creature’s body with a successful Climb check against a DC equal to the target creature’s CMD. Although the vexing dodger is holding on to the creature, this action isn’t a grapple; it doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity from the creature, and neither the vexing dodger nor the creature she climbs gains the grappled condition. While the vexing dodger is on the climbed creature, the creature takes a penalty on attack rolls against the vexing dodger equal to the number of sneak attack dice the dodger possesses.

SNEAK ATTACK
If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.

The rogue’s attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every 2 rogue levels thereafter. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. This additional damage is precision damage and is not multiplied on a critical hit.

With a weapon that deals nonlethal damage (such as a sap, unarmed strike, or whip), a rogue can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack—not even with the usual –4 penalty.

The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with total concealment.

GEAR

Hope Dagger (MW Dagger), Traveler's Outfit, Leather Armor, CLW Potion (x2), Rogue's Kit (w/o thieves' tools), 5 gold pieces.

Note:  The Craven has purchased 1/6 of a Rogue Talent.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

GunmetalDreamer

Ha.  I thought about making a Halfling Vexing Dodger (I don't play Halflings often), glad someone's using the Dragon's Dogma archetype.

Snake

I'm thinking of a human switch hitter ranger.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 04, 2018, 03:46:03 PM
Ha.  I thought about making a Halfling Vexing Dodger (I don't play Halflings often), glad someone's using the Dragon's Dogma archetype.

It’s a neat archetype, but my climbing isn’t optimized.

I wish you could take a feat to switch some STR skills to DEX skills or something.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

Dm fiat can let you if you can justify it usually. At least in games I've been in.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Snake on December 04, 2018, 04:24:58 PM
Dm fiat can let you if you can justify it usually. At least in games I've been in.

Maybe, but I am happy with the build as it is.  I like to play disastrously underwhelming characters.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

I neee to read up on the PHB for the so to complete my character. Any advice?

Envious

Zuzu Arnathil
Lvl 1 Human Witch

Attributes:  Str 7, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 7
HP:   Armor Class:    Initiative:    Speed:    CMD
Saving Throws
Class/Racial Feats
Chosen Feats:
Skills
Traits

History: While she wasn't strictly kicked out of her home, she was greatly encouraged to leave by parents who found her to be a difficult and whimsy child. She refused to follow the family business of baking. She refused to settle down and marry although she had several decent offers. She refused to do anything conventional and common, preferring to spend her time amusing herself. Fed up with the lackadaisical attitude and refusal to do a good day of hard, but honest labor, they heavily suggested that she go out into the world to try and find her place in it.

Personality: Carefree and easygoing, Zuzu prefers to go the route of instant gratification, even if it isn't always the smartest path. She's not much of a planner and lives day by day. She has expensive tastes and enjoys the finer things in life, but lacks the business acumen and work ethic required to succeed. She much prefers to take things other people have acquired and sell that off for a profit. She loves the thrill of treasure hunting and often chooses to go on risky adventures in hopes of finding new artifacts, even if it means orcs, giants, and dragons are in her way! She's a bit of a coward and will try to avoid combat if necessary, but isn't above getting her hands dirty.

Short Term Aspirations:
Long Term Aspiration: Become obscenely rich and live a life of luxury.

"Cantrips"
Level 0 - Detect Magic
Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.

Level 0 - Guidance
+1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.

Level 0 - Arcane Mark
Inscribes a personal rune on an object or creature (visible or invisible).

"Hexes"
Level 1 - Misfortune
The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save negates this hex. At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. This hex affects all rolls the target must make while it lasts. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.

Level 1 - Slumber
A witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep, as per the spell sleep. The creature receives a Will save to negate the effect. If the save fails, the creature falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to the witch’s level.

This hex can affect a creature of any HD. The creature will not wake due to noise or light, but others can rouse it with a standard action. This hex ends immediately if the creature takes damage. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.

"Familiar and Patron"
Scarlet Spider
A spellcaster who selects a scarlet spider as a familiar gains a +3 bonus on Climb checks as long as the familiar remains within 1 mile of her; a scarlet spider familiar loses the mindless trait and has an Intelligence score appropriate for its master’s level.

Agility

Level 2 - Jump
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (a grasshopper’s hind leg)

The subject gets a +10 enhancement bonus on Acrobatics checks made to attempt high jumps or long jumps. The enhancement bonus increases to +20 at caster level 5th, and to +30 (the maximum) at caster level 9th.

"List of Spells"
Agility: 2nd—jump, 4th—cat’s grace, 6th—haste, 8th—freedom of movement, 10th—polymorph, 12th—mass cat’s grace, 14th—ethereal jaunt, 16th—animal shapes, 18th—shapechange.

OR

Level 2 - Ventriloquism
You can make your voice (or any sound that you can normally make vocally) seem to issue from someplace else. You can speak in any language you know. With respect to such voices and sounds, anyone who hears the sound and rolls a successful save recognizes it as illusory (but still hears it).

"List of Spells"
Time: 2nd—ventriloquism, 4th—silence, 6th—haste, 8th—threefold aspect, 10th—teleport, 12th—disintegrate, 14th—expend, 16th—temporal stasis, 18th—time stop.

"Feats"

Extra Hex
You gain one additional hex. You must meet the prerequisites for this hex. If you are a shaman, it must be a hex granted by your spirit rather than one from a wandering spirit.

"Traits"

Artifact Hunter
You’ve always had an interest in magic, but you’re fascinated with those legendary magic items known as artifacts. You’ve spent years researching these mythical relics and committed the stories and legends about them to memory, making you something of an expert on the subject. You gain a 1 trait bonus on Spellcraft checks to identify the properties of magic items and a 1 trait bonus on Use Magic Device checks, and one of these skills (your choice) becomes a class skill for you. In addition, whenever you first encounter an artifact, there is a 50% chance (1% per level) that you recognize the artifact and know its name, origin, and something of that artifact’s powers, abilities, or dangers. Exactly how much knowledge you possess is left to the GM’s discretion.

Gravel Walker
Having grown up navigating rockslides and picking your way through partially collapsed tunnels, you are able to determine the most stable path across difficult terrain caused by rubble or other debris.

You can move normally through such obstructed spaces, and can run or charge though them with a successful Acrobatics check.

Thorne

Eztli'eyal
Elf fighter 1

Biography: Eztli'eyal's father, Arnorian, trained his only son to follow in his footsteps. He was rigid, merciless, and hardly seemed to notice that the subject of his unrelenting focus was his own flesh and blood. Or, at least, so Noia - Eztli'eyal's mother - had claimed when she had handed him over. Arnorian had never fully believed it and never spoke of her in a good light. In fact, he never spoke of any woman in a good light, leaving a young Eztli with a grim impression of the fairer sex. That impression hasn't improved much as he matured; women flock around him like moths to a flame, few of them the sorts of women - hell, the sort of people - that a young elf should be keeping company with. Eztli'eyal has never heard a kind word from his father; not so much as an acknowledgement that he had done well; he has learned not to look for accolades, and largely, to depend on himself most of the time.
As a shield-fighter, Eztli'eyal is used to being on the front line, usually with somebody with a long spear or a bow behind him, or rarely, holding the line for some kind of fancy magic artillery.
He's passed through Trunau enough times to be familiar with the place; Arnorian has even had the occasional good word to describe the people - admittedly, most of those so described are long dead by now - but their tenacity and practicality has certainly left an impression on Eztli'eyal; he almost looks forward to the rare occasions that lead him through Trunau's gates.

Personality:  Cold, impersonal, and businesslike, at least at first meeting. He deals with companions with a little more warmth - he trusts his back to a fellow mercenary, most times - but definitely needs time to trust someone further than that.

Short Term Aspirations: Keep food in his belly, his gear in good repair, find a cohort he can trust to work with.
Long Term Aspiration: Find a nice, comfortable - not necessarily safe - place to retire in. Mebbe with a pretty girl to raise brats with.

Sheet

Eztli'eyal
TBA

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Muse

Only four players, right?  *sighes*  hope the lucky five have a great time.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GunmetalDreamer

Now now, picks aren't until the 15th and submissions are pretty Martial heavy at the moment.  Isn't it a little soon to be giving up, Muse?

TheKhan

Yeah, I'm not doing first-come-first serve.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Snake on December 04, 2018, 07:46:56 PM
I neee to read up on the PHB for the so to complete my character. Any advice?

The Player's Guide has a lot of great suggestions.

Beast rider (cavalier); Goliath druid (druid); Infiltrator (ranger); Mountain druid (druid); Mountain witch (witch); Mouser (swashbuckler);
Titan fighter (fighter); Titan mauler (barbarian); Underfoot adept (halfling monk); and, Vexing dodger (rogue).

The main gripe a lot of players have towards this particular adventure path on the Paizo message boards is that the player's guide establishes an expectation that you will be fighting giants almost from the get go, so you're more likely than not to build a giant-slaying machine.  But you won't be fighting giants until later.  I think that since we're in this particular region, we'll be fighting a lot of orcs first.

Some races are really good at fighting both orcs and giants, like the dwarf.

Honestly, if I could still retain the appearance of a human, I would totally re-spec my submission with the dwarven racial traits instead of the human ones.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 05, 2018, 09:13:50 AM
Honestly, if I could still retain the appearance of a human, I would totally re-spec my submission with the dwarven racial traits instead of the human ones.

Dwarf Training Trait from the Player's Guide <_<

edit:  But, yes, given that Ogres are the weakest Giant I can name off the top of my head and they're CR3, I didn't expect them to come out swinging right from the word go.  If they get thick enough later though, laying the groundwork for an anti-giant build early is important (especially since Society play doesn't allow retraining, last I checked).

Snake

I was going to work on an orc-slaying ranger cuz it makes sense with Trunau

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

edit:  But, yes, given that Ogres are the weakest Giant I can name off the top of my head and they're CR3, I didn't expect them to come out swinging right from the word go.  If they get thick enough later though, laying the groundwork for an anti-giant build early is important (especially since Society play doesn't allow retraining, last I checked).

I was going to go with dwarf-trained, but I then noticed that you had it.  This would have been nothing, but you already chose the same feats I chose, too.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

GunmetalDreamer

Temple of Elemental Doom taught me that I hate giving free AoO's to Ogre's with +7 to hit because of their massive Strength.  I want Spring Attack.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 02:30:35 PM
Temple of Elemental Doom taught me that I hate giving free AoO's to Ogre's with +7 to hit because of their massive Strength.  I want Spring Attack.

Me too!  I would also like to cross-class into Mouser (Swashbuckler).

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

Where's the common sense? Plug away at it from outside melee range with bows.

GunmetalDreamer

Giants tend to have enough health to wade through a few rounds of ranged combat, so you want blockers for your ranged support (while they're hucking boulders at you in return, I might add).  I do have a bow, and non-adventurer strategies likely involve a lot of long spears to negate the advantage of their reach, but those are a bitch to carry around while climbing, leaping, and such as we adventurer-types tend to do.

Besides, I need to be true to my spirit animal:

Snake

-can't help but laugh at that pic- true u less you're shooting them with telephone poles

Thorne

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 03:29:43 PM
-can't help but laugh at that pic- true u less you're shooting them with telephone poles

We call those ballista, where I come from.

Sadly, you can't carry one of those around in your pocket. I checked this. :/

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Snake

I call it gravity bow + enlarge person. :p

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 03:26:58 PM

Who is this?  It kind of looks like the original marine from Doom.

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 04:02:33 PM
I call it gravity bow + enlarge person. :p

Enlarge person doesn’t work on bows, sadly.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

I thought a throw away line had and effect,  it also enlarges your equipment. I may be misremembering that Tho admittedly

PhantomPistoleer

It does say that, but it goes on to say that any equipment that leaves your body, including projectiles, revert to their normal size.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

Carry huge class arrows in a bag of holding?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 04:28:15 PM
Carry huge class arrows in a bag of holding?

Damn, that is a really good idea.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

so I'm not 100% certain what class I'm going for yet. i'm leaning stronk towards fighter, but don't wanna step on THorne's toes... Maybe barbarian, or the world's least effective Bard / Skald (A charisma-based class with a Dwarf on 15-points? OUCH) But i do know that she's gonnabe one of the following...

Dorf

Snake

I can't get the PHB to come up for me. Can someone pm me the traits?

TheKhan

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

That actually gets discussed in the intro the second adventures. The writers came up with some interesting workarounds, but they also felt like Ogres were cheating, so the first two adventures get a lot of mileage out of orcs. The final dungeon though? Crawling with giants.

Oh, and that's also not to say Ogres don't show up! There are some pretty awesome ones around.

Snake

I think I may use the orphaned by giantkind

Muse

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 05:07:24 AM
Now now, picks aren't until the 15th and submissions are pretty Martial heavy at the moment.  Isn't it a little soon to be giving up, Muse?

Sorry about the sulky moment.  ^_^;;  It's just hard to put in work to get a character 90% done before I know if I'll be accepted or not. 

*laughs*  Okay, I've just wounded my own gamer pride. 

You can expect fire haired elven mage who's gown only really stays up because of her prestidigitation cantrip sometime in the next 18 hours. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Snake

Martial heavy cuz low lvl Mages in pf  suck. Hard. Now if cantrips workee as they do in 5e then they get better

Muse

Cantrips are infinite in Pathfinder.  And generally they got a class feature that keeps them competitive at first level. 

Snake

At a piddly 1d3 of damage. If you got no fallback you've just lost your impact if you're a blaster

GunmetalDreamer

Hunter

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 02:41:12 PM
Where's the common sense? Plug away at it from outside melee range with bows.

And people wonder why I love clerics with negative channel.   Good luck!   ;D

Envious

It takes me too long to make a character. So many options to read through!  :P

firepyre

Quote from: Snake on December 05, 2018, 08:44:18 PM
Martial heavy cuz low lvl Mages in pf  suck. Hard. Now if cantrips workee as they do in 5e then they get better

Pfft.

Snake

High level magic at its best.

And now Im considering a support caster wizard.

GunmetalDreamer

Grease never goes out of style.

And unlike Trip builds, it can knock people over regardless of Size.

Thorne

Most dangerous mage I ever saw played almost never cast a blasty-type spell. But he sure made life hell for my monsters.
He was a teleport-specialist conjurer; he was lethal.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Snake

Tbh I've never tried that but now I kind of want to.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 09:36:24 PM
Someone hasn't read the 1996 Doom comic.  It's pretty peak 90's.

I am a good guesser!  In 1996, I was an exclusive Marvel Comics kid.  I’d hang out in the Marvel Comics chat on AOL ALL DAY and partake in raids against the DC Comics chat to tell them how much Marvel Ruled!  So, that, and my never having played Doom, all contributed to my ignorance.  Well, not never.  I played Doom just enough to know that it made me dizzy.

Quote from: Envious on December 05, 2018, 11:01:24 PM
It takes me too long to make a character. So many options to read through!  :P

You should just refer to an optimization guide.  Pathfinder has a lot of options.  Just type your class, plus “pathfinder optimization guide” in your favorite search bar, and enjoy having the weight of the world off of your shoulders.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Muse

You focus on support and i'll magic missile them to death. 

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-schools/paizo-arcane-schools/classic-arcane-schools/evocation/

Edit: 

But I must wholeheartedly concur with this! 

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on December 05, 2018, 11:22:15 PM
Grease never goes out of style.

And unlike Trip builds, it can knock people over regardless of Size.

TheKhan

Snake

Man such a tough decision!  I'm tilted toward support role though, maybe modeled on the priestess from goblin slayer. Or someone else.

Muse

I don't suppose you could be persuaded to allow the background skill rules?  *puppy dog eyes* 

TheKhan

Quote from: Muse on December 08, 2018, 08:07:56 AM
  I don't suppose you could be persuaded to allow the background skill rules?  *puppy dog eyes*
That is actually an excellent idea for PbP game where things move slower and skills don't get used as much. Done and done!

PhantomPistoleer

All right, I updated my character so he now has background skills.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

I'm still working on mine. It being cold here makes me want to stay under my blanket and not do much though. But it's coming along slowly!  I think I may do a psychic caster since they spec in support abilities

Envious

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 06, 2018, 08:28:43 AM

You should just refer to an optimization guide.  Pathfinder has a lot of options.  Just type your class, plus “pathfinder optimization guide” in your favorite search bar, and enjoy having the weight of the world off of your shoulders.

That is extremely useful advice and has definitely helped. Thanks!

@Snake: My fingers are cold which makes me less inclined to do any typing  :P  Bring back summer!

Muse

Muse

Quote from: TheKhan on December 08, 2018, 05:02:42 PM
That is actually an excellent idea for PbP game where things move slower and skills don't get used as much. Done and done!

Hip hip huzzah! 

Thorne

Hm! That's handy. I think I have a completed sheet; if that's a good thing, I can add it to my pitch any time.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Muse

Okay, so i'm actually producing two applications, hopefully TheKhan will give good consideration to whichever will be more useful tot he group: 

Christopher Ardjen: Druid, Charitable Healer
Name:      Christoph Ardjen
Player:      Muse
Alignment:   Neutral Good
Class:      Druid 5
EXP:      10,000   
Next Level:   15,000
Faith:      Erastil
Race:      Human
Concept:      Charitable Healer 

Birthday:   17th Day of the 1st Month   
height:      5'5"
Weight:      135lbs
Build:       Slender and soft skinned with andogynous beauty. 

Skin:      Surprisingly fair, full lipped. 
Hair:      Shoulder length white gold. 
Eyes:      Green. 
Style:      In town, Christoph dons the atire of a young gentleman, romantic and a bit efeminate with only the taldane dueists tools to sugest he is anything but a young dandy.  For travel or war, he transofrms his atire with brown lather trowers, black riding boots, and an armored shirt of deep green leaves. 
History:   My family are staunch worshipers of Adbar.  A small town banker, my father is both prosperous and a formidable duelist in the taldane style.  He began instructing me when I was 7, and said I was a good student. 
   By age thirteen my future ans a wealthy banker and sword master was starting to go wrong.  I developed a cough that wouldn't go away.  I kept getting weaker, too.  The nurse at the temple of Adbar identified my condition as Consumption, also called Tuberculosis.  The high priest accepted a rich donation from my father and prayed three days for me to be healed... 

I kept coughing. 

It was determined that it was not Adbar's will that I be healed by divine magic, and my family turned away both the hedge witch and the priestess of Saranrae who offered their magic on my behalf. 

I was sent to a town high in the mountains, where it was believed that the think, clean air was good for consumption.  The town only had a few hundred people, and a full third of us suffered as I did.  We slept on the porches outside where the mountain air could do it's work.  Elves brought us herbal  medicines, and occasionally a mendicant priest passed through to offer what healing magic they could. 

Usually, it worked.  But there were few of them.  I was a strong young man, able to practice archer and even some light hunting with the elves.  I was always a lower priority than the very young, or those on the brink of death. 

Slowly, through medicine, exercise, youthful vigor, and good mountain air, I began to grow stronger.  The neighbors said that I was going to be one of the lucky ones who recovered.  They encouraged me, but from a distance, chiding me to keep clean lest the foul rot pass to me again from their lungs. 

By sixteen, I thought I might not only live to see my eighteenth birthday, but I might leave here that day. 

Maybe I didn't listen hard enough.  Didn't wash often enough.  Didn't pray hard enough.  Maybe I should have walked in the woods more, or less. 

In my sixteenth year, the Consumption resurged with a vengeance.  As it grew worse and worse, we began to doubt I'd live to see seventeen.  Confronted with mortality like never before, I focused on the things I loved the most, and tried to do them as often as I could. 

I walked in the woods. 

I fired the elven bow.  I gathered berries, took wildflowers to the girls. 

Too weak to go home one night, I fell into a patch of clover, near a white rose bush, coughing fitfully.  I curled up in pain, wondered if I would see the dawn.  IN the moonlight, an old man approached me.  I could not see his face, only the beautiful bow he carried unstrung as if a walking stick.  “Do you know who I am, child?” 

I could barely speak, but I got the words out.  “Holy Erastil...” I managed.  “I am honored...  That you would guide me...” 

“Hush, lad.   No one is dying tonight.”  The divinity crouched over me and smoothed my hair.  “Your father sold your soul to Adbar before you were born.  With Adbar, always it is commerce, everything for price, supply and demand, the gold must flow.” 

Erastil touched me on the forehead then, and there was a soft light.  It eased my pain, cleared my breathing, strengthened my limbs, then, finally... 

I sat up, healed. 

The god was gone, but there was a wooden medallion of his faith in my lap, engraved with these words.  “You owe me nothing.  Pay it forwards.” 

Rhidia Talesedrin, The Hamadryad's Daughter, Scholar of Artifacts, Evocation Specialist, Scroll-scibe and seamstress.  And yes, the dress is held on by magic. 

Name:      Rhidia Taelsedrin
Player:      Tenshi the Muse of Fire
Alignment:   Chaotic Good
Class:      Wizard (Evoker) 1
EXP:      0
Next Level:   1,300
Faith:      
Race:      Elf

Birthday:      
height:      5'9"
Weight:      125lbs
Measures:    DD
Skin:      Pale gold.     
Hair:      Coppery flames. 
Eyes:      
Style:         

Score (Mod)   Temporary (Mod)      
Strength   10   +0            Movement:      
Dexterity   15   +2
Constitution   10   +0
Intelligence   18   +4            
Wisdom      8   -1            Initiative:      
Charisma   12   +1

Hit Points:   7

Armor Class:   12 [16]      (
--Armor:   [Mage Armor Spell]
Special Defenses:

Saving Throws:     B.   A.   Nat.   Magic   =Total
Fortitude      0   +0   +0   +0   =d20+0
Reflex         0   +2   +0   +0   =d20+2
Will         2   -1   +0   +0   =d20+1

Base Attack Bonus:   +0
Melee:      +0
Missile:   +2   
CMB:      +0
CMD:      12

Attacks: 
Quarterstaff (Arcane Bond)
   Attack Roll   d20+1
   Damage Roll   d6
   Critical   20 x2

Class Features: 
Arcane Bond: Staff
Arcane School: Evocation
Barred Schools: Enchantment, Illusion
Concentration: d20+7
Favored Class: +1 Hit Point
Force Missile (d4+1) 7/day
Intense Spells +1

Racial Features
Fey Magic (2 RP): The character has a mystic connection to one terrain type, selected from the ranger’s favored terrain list. The character selects three 0-level druid spells and one 1st-level druid spell. If the character has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, when in the selected terrain, she gains these spells as spell-like abilities that can be cast once per day. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user’s character level. The DC for the spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the user’s Charisma modifier. These spells are treated as being from a fey source for the purposes of the druid’s resist nature’s lure class feature and similar abilities. This trait replaces keen senses.
--Mountain Terain, Create Water, Know Direction, Shilelagh, Stabalize. 
Fey-Sighted You gain detect magic as a constant spell-like ability, with a caster level equal to your character level. This racial trait replaces elven magic. Source PZO9480
Fey Thoughts (1 RP): Select two of the following skills: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Fly, Knowledge (nature), Perception, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, or Use Magic Device. The selected skills are always class skills for the character. This trait replaces racial weapon familiarity.
Low Light Vision

Feats:
Arcane Strike

Languages: 
Celestial, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Orc, Sylvan, Taldane (Common)

Skills: 
Acrobatics      1   +3   +2   +0   +0   =d20+6
Climb         1   +3   +0   +0   +0   =d20+4
Craft: Seamstress   1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Kn. Arcana      1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Kn. Local      1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Linguistics      1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Spellcraft      1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8(+9 Identify)
Use Magic Device   1   +3   +1   +1   +0   =d20+6

Traits
Artifact Hunter
Focused Mind: +2 Concentration

Arcane Spells:
1st Level
Ev.   Burning Hands
1.   Grease
2.   Mage Armor

Cantrips
Ev.   Dancing Lights
1   Mending
2   Message
3   Prestidigitaiton

Spellbook: 
L 1
Evocation:   Burning Hands
Barred:      
General:   Endure Elements, Feather Fall, Grease, Identify, Mage Armor, Shield

Cantrips:  All Common

Stuff:
Magic Items: 
Scroll of Mage Armor L 1, x2

Containers: 
Backpack
Bag (Waterproof) (for Spellbok)
Belt pouch
Scroll Case
Spell component pouch

Clothing: 
Explorer's Outfit
Signature Outfit (Courtiers)

Gear:
Artisan's Tools: Seamstress 
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Grooming Kit
Ink
Inkpen
Iron pot
Mess kit
Soap
Sun Rod x2
Trail rations (5 days)
Waterskin

Property: 

Coin: 
   Platinum   0
   Gold      3
   Silver      5
   Copper      10

TheKhan

Just a reminder that the deadline is this Saturday!

GunmetalDreamer

Updated Hagan to include his Background Skills and the skill rank I forgot to give him from Favored Class.

Envious

Well, now that I'm just about finished, learn that I'll be gone for two weeks when we start on a surprise vacation. It's hard to be mad about that, but it does mean I'm withdrawing.

Have fun everyone!

Snake

Character
Name: Jason Liadon
Race: Human
Class: Wizard (Conjurer)
Traits: Reactionary (Initiative +2); Orphaned by Giants (+2 Crit confirm against Giant-type; +1 on attack rolls against Giant-type)

Ability Scores: Str: 7 (-2)| Dex: 14 (+2)| Con: 12 (+1)| Int: 18 (+4)| Wis: 12 (+1)| Cha: 10 (+0)

HD: 1d6+1 (7 Hp)
Attack: -2 Melee | +2 Ranged (-1 | +3 vs giants)
Saves: Fort +1/ Ref +2/ Will +3
Initiative: +10

Feats: Improved Initiative; Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Skills: Perception +2; Spellcraft +8; Craft(Alchemy) +8; Knowledge (Arcana, History, Nature, Planes) +8

Class Abilities:

Arcane Bond: Greensting Scorpion (+4 Initiative bonus)
Arcane School: Teleportation (Conjuration Sub-school)
-Opposed Schools: Enchantment, Necromancy
Cantrips
Scribe Scroll
Spellcasting (prepared); 4/3
School Powers: Shift (Swift action; 5'; 7/day); Summoner's Charm (+1 round to summoning spell durations)
Spellbook:  All 0-Lvl; Mage Armor, Grease, Obscuring Mist, Color Spray, Floating Disc, Enlarge Person; Summon Monster I, Anticipate Peril

This is all I've got so far; I haven't found a pic to use with it yet though.

Muse

Sheet for Rhydia updated and completed.  All I have for her character history is what i wrote labelling the spoiler. 

I need to figure out more.   Her father is an elven Spell Dancer (A magus class) who works in the border patrol around the major elven kingdom in Golarion.  Her mother is what the Greeks would call a Hamadryad--a nymph residing in a mountain grotto.  Rhydia is basically a whimsical, wealthy scholar, brilliantly intelligent, affable and curious, but a bit lacking in common sense. 

Snake

She and Jason may get along well. And I need to work on his background some too. Like his family lived in a small place outside Trunau and was sent off to  Wizards academy but in the time, the stead was sacked by giants and orcs that took everything leaving nothing.

I don't see a need to make it overly complicated.

Maybe he and Rhydia know each other from studying the art at times?l passingly anyway

Waldham

Providence Jarvis

Race :  Human
Level : Wasteland Blightbreaker Chirurgeon Promethean Alchemist 1
Alignment : Neutral
PV : 9
Traits : Artifact Hunter, Trustworthy
Scores : Str 12 (2) Dex 12 (2) Con 12 (2) Int 16 (5) Wis 12 (2) Cha 12 (2)
Background Skills : Craft (Alchemy) + 7, Handle Animal +5
Starting Wealth : 105 gp

Description
She is tall and  frail built, with dark hair. His eyes are light blue, gleam with intelligence and curiosity and his natural expression is wary. Providence is a charming and insightful woman, blessed with a handsome face, good health, and a keen wit.
She prefers to dress in clothes befitting his highborn station, and never appears without a tailored coat, polished boots, and his trusty cane. He has a short frame, and few who look at Providence’s roguish good looks and smoldering eyes. A variety of alchemical concoctions has shifted his feminine traits and allowed Providence to grow into manhood as any young woman would. Though raised on a refined diet, she adores the many foreign foods found throughout Freehaven.

Personality
She is not particularly bloodthirsty and sees no purpose in finishing off felled foes or battling to a lethal end. Dead targets can’t talk. Though agreeable, she is also stubborn, unwavering from her goals. Providence boils over with a courage and initiative both his parents lacked.

Background
Native from Kintargo, Providence is passionate about alchemy, painting and sculpture. When she was a child, he and his diplomat parents were sent to the Varisian city-state of Korvosa to represent Merchant House’s interests.  Providence’s parents gave their daughter room to develop his own philosophies. They valued knowledge and personal freedom—with just enough distant oversight—over blind indoctrination.The fiery passion of youth drives him to fix the world’s problems, but the lumps he took in adolescence remind her of her limitations just enough to keep her from becoming overbearing. He reads aloud without realizing it, pushes her books onto others, and otherwise barely restrains her excitement over new discoveries—all traits inherited from her father.

When Providence  began his journey from young noble, he wanted nothing more than for everyone else to experience the relative safety of his aristocratic upbringing. He felt that no one should ever worry where the next meal would come from or whether walking home by night would be a life-ending mistake. Reared in Korvosa’s posh noble circles, Providence never questioned his own security until it was suddenly snatched away. Raised for years as a fiery and exuberant young lord thanks to the circumstances of his birth, He discovered his future was far more moldable than he ever realized after meeting a Shelynite tutor who migrated between sexes as other people might migrate between nations. This insight led Providence to a way of growing up he’d always coveted but never imagined possible. But while his parents embraced their newly revealed daughter, the news scandalized their stodgy social circles. With his old friends gone and even his physical safety threatened on occasion, she formed new social circles from eclectic sources: musicians, servants, tutors, and even street urchins. He shuddered to see his new friends enduring on a daily basis the same insecurities to which he had only recently been exposed.
After her adolescence, she finally decided to enlist in the secret society to which his parents belonged: the Sacred Order of Archivists.
Sadly, as Providence was returning home from his studies at the Academy, eager to announce his intentions to join his mother, the sight of a plume of smoke and fire rising from the noble quarter threw her into a panic.
Upon arriving at his family estate, he found the manor engulfed in flames.
At that moment, she made a decision that haunts her still, yet which doubtless saved his life. Rather than race into the fire, he fled into the city to hide and mourn.
The next evening, she came to the still-smoking ruins of his family home and sifted through the rubble, hoping for clues, but found nothing more than evidence that others had scoured the place already for anything of value. Over the days that followed, she settled back into her daily routine.
Taking the capital and experience gained while under her parents, she expanded and diversified the business, becoming an independent alchemist in Korvosa. Profit and security alone motivate Providence after the recent developments (with the death of these parents) lead her to doubt the future of both.

She was born and upon achieving adulthood a the mechanisms of the living body. The more he studied the complexities of anatomy, the more he came to realize there was too much to learn about the nature of life in a single life span.
Her research into prolonging life revealed something that unsettled her profoundly: after death, his soul would be “rewarded” by being turned into something else—something that wouldn’t carry her mind into the hereafter. Her powerful ego could not abide the thought of losing her individuality, and so she devoted years to gaining an understanding of the soul’s fate after death.

Attack: +1 Melee | +1 Ranged
Saves: Fort +3/ Ref +3/ Will +1
Initiative: +1

Feats: Defiant Luck, Beastmaster Style
Skills: Diplomacy + 5, Disable Device +7, Heal + 5,  Knowledge (engineering) + 7, Knowledge (local) + 4, Knowledge (nature) + 7,  Knowledge (religion) + 4, Perception + 5, Survival + 5
Skill Points : 4 (class) + 1 (Human) + 1 (Favored Class) + 3 (Intelligence) = 9

Class Abilities:
Alchemy (Su)
Craft Construct
Homunculus Companion (Ex)

Equipment :
Alchemist's kit (Price 40 gp; Weight 24 lbs.)
Hide Shirt (Price 20 gp; Weight 18 lbs.)
Artisan's tools : painting (Price 5 gp; Weight 5 lbs.)
Shortspear (Price 1 gp; Weight 3 lbs.)
Thieves' tools (Price 30 gp; Weight 1 lbs.)

Language : Commun, Giant, Orc, Dwarf

Number of formulae : 5
Spells/day : 2
DC : 13-14

Formulae list :
Crafter's Fortune
Cure Light Wounds
Endure Elements
Identify
Skin Tag

Ylissa, Homunculs (animal companion) :
DV 1d10  pv 20 (Small + 10) BBA + 1
Size Small; Speed 20 ft., fly 30 ft. (poor); AC +2 natural armor; Attack bite (1d4); Ability Scores Str 10, Dex 15, Con -, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 7; Special Qualities darkvision, low-light vision; Languages Common (can’t speak).
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +1 Feats : Intercept Blow
Special : sympathetic alchemy, telepathic link, weapon and armor proficiency
Skills : Craft (Alchemy) + 0 Fly + 2 Knowledge (arcana) +0, Perception+ 5, Sense Motive + 1, Stealth + 6

Autocad

GunmetalDreamer, are you fine if I base my submission on your character Hagan's sister?

Her background would follow from that - she stayed in Trunau, was brought up by the priest, and followed the faith but with a more martial bent as a Warpriest of Erastil.

WIP:

Maeve
Female LG Human Warpriest, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/10, Speed 20
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Longbow
  Greataxe
  Dagger
  Scale Mail
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8

GunmetalDreamer

Autocad

Nice! Btw if anyone has some character pic ideas I'm interested. Unless you want to see my full weeaboo over 9000 power level. >_>

Autocad

Maeve Bancroft
LG Human Warpriest of Erastil

Background: Maeve was born a sickly child to a couple dwelling in a small farmstead in the shadows of the mountains. Unlike her brother Hagan, who had a penchant for roaming the wilds and getting into places he didn't belong, Maeve's condition kept her confined to home. Ironically it saved her life the day the giants attacked: unable to run away she hid in a closet and was passed over by the giants while they slew everyone else who tried to fight or run. She and her brother - who had been away from the farm on one of his infamous escapades at the time of the attack - were the only survivors.

Even though she lived through the attack itself, Maeve would have succumbed to illness or starvation shortly after had not Hagan led the two orphans towards the nearest settlement, Trunau. The march through the cold weather worsened her condition until she could barely move, and he had to carry her on the last leg of the trek. But they made it, and were taken in by a priest of Erastil.

Ever since then, Hagan seemed distant, and at fourteen he departed for destinations unknown, leaving Maeve behind in Trunau. Meanwhile Maeve grew up into a young woman and followed in her adoptive father's footsteps to become a junior priestess of Erastil in her own right. She grew out of her childhood illness, with a little help from divine healing. But always remembering the giants' attack on her family farm that caused so much grief, she was determined to defend home and hearth against all threats.

Personality: As a result of her childhood trauma, Maeve has a fierce protective streak and will defend her family, friends and community against any harm that may befall them. She values teamwork and consensus, and looks down upon independent action and selfish acts. Every time her brother returns to Trunau to visit her, she tries to convince him to stay, but so far she has been unsuccessful every time.

Short Term Aspirations: Become a full-fledged Warpriest of Erastil; convince her brother Hagan to settle down.

Long Term Aspiration: Make Trunau safe against all future threats to it... somehow.

Chulanowa

I've got a thing working, if I can pull it together; that 15 point buy hurts more than you might think for someone as spoiled as me  ;D

Snake

Can i get a bit o help finding a good young wizard pic? my googlefu is weak atm (yay lag)

TheKhan

Thank you everyone! Here’s my choices for this game:

Autocad - Maeve Bancroft - LG Human Warpriest of Erastil
GunmetalDreamer - Hagan Bancroft - NG Human Slayer
PhantomPistoleer - Halcyon the Craven - CG  Human Unchained Rogue
Muse - Rhidia Taelsedrin - CG Elf Evoker

You can find the OCC thread here.

Please post your character sheets there. It would be also useful for the characters to know each other ahead of time and to already have a semi-formal adventure party, so if you see any good places for connections, that would be a good thing to discuss.

Muse

Whoo hoo1 :)  Thank you, i'm very excited!