Feychaser (Fantasy freeform, reboot)

Started by Ontan, April 13, 2018, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giantmutantcrab

Flower

Kokaine

Im seriously looking forward to this ^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Giantmutantcrab

Question!

Do we have a world map?

Do we want a world map?

Ontan

There's currently no world map, and every time I agonise over whether to make one, I come up with a different answer. Not having a map has its benefits: locations can be added or moved, it saves on detail (of which there's already a lot), and I like that it gives people space to have their own interpretations of the game world. Then again, maps convey a huge amount of information, and they provide a lot of clarity. There's also a weird sense of completion about having a world map, as if the setting becomes more tangible.

So... simply put, there's no map yet but I'm open to hear people's opinions about making one.

Chronoclasm

I probably won't get my write up until tomorrow. I have all the details worked out though, I just need to sit down and write it up! Been traveling this weekend, and haven't had access to my computer.

(And the thought of writing my character sheet on my cell phone made my stomach hurt.)

On maps, I don't think we need one ... Yet. But they may prove helpful as the adventure begins? Maybe start out with a vague, nondetailed map for orientation purposes and slowly fill in details as we go?
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

Flower

Kokaine

Im fine with or without a map really, so unless someone just really enjoys making them I'd vote to continue without one.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Hamadryad

Giantmutantcrab

Kokaine

Btw, if anyone has a character that's been in or around the capital in the last few years and wants to talk maybe a past encounter or something with Bhleu, let me know.

My O/Os

Giantmutantcrab

Kokaine

Yeah, I figure could be fun to have a past encounter that colors things for the present or even just a shared event that was witnessed from different perspectives to help break the ice a bit. Dunno. I like the small fluff bits >.<

My O/Os

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Kokaine on April 25, 2018, 04:22:48 PM
Yeah, I figure could be fun to have a past encounter that colors things for the present or even just a shared event that was witnessed from different perspectives to help break the ice a bit. Dunno. I like the small fluff bits >.<

I love small fluff bits.

...anyone want Big B as a buddy?

Ontan

To all those who’ve sent PMs: expect a reply in the morning! Until then, apologies for the delay.

Shado

I am gonna throw my half-demonic enchantress back into the character roster here. Love this whole story/concept and want to explore it more with y'all!
Wubba-lubba-dub-dub

Chronoclasm

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on April 25, 2018, 05:41:56 PM...anyone want Big B as a buddy?

I can vouch for Björn's worth as an ally. He was the best buddy to my wretched little homunculus last game!

This time around, Björn and my character are probably more likely to be frenemies. O:) I might be playing an Imperial (depending on Ontan's feedback of course).

Quote from: ShadoI am gonna throw my half-demonic enchantress back into the character roster here. Love this whole story/concept and want to explore it more with y'all!

Awesome seeing you back, too, Shado!
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

PrestaDGTation

Captain Tyerea - Leanne will adore her.  When the Captain's vanity has pissed literally everyone else on the Faychaser off, Leanne will still be giggling, intoxicated by such a graceful creature in such risqué armor, drunk off her own beauty.  Not that Leanne will be constantly trying to seduce her, but she will be, shall we say, huggy.

Bosun Borlas - Honestly, I see a lot of potential for fun between these two.  One is stern, and quiet.  The kind that expects good work.  Leanne, meanwhile, is a free spirited song bird that starts dancing on a whim.  The kind that expects good play.  Hijinks will likely ensue!

For the rest of you, I'm sending plot nom PMs.  Leanne likes to keep to herself, so backstory shenanigans might be rare.  But if I have an idea, huzzah!

Why am I so excited about this game!?  -clacks away merrily-
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Ontan

Desmond Brouchard, played by Chronoclasm, has been added to the character roster!
As Presta has noted, the two main NPCs have also sneaked in, though Tyerea is still missing her background for the time being...

Shado: Glad to have you back!
People who sent PMs: If I've missed anyone in the flurry of replies, just give me a gentle prod.

The character roster is looking pretty full, and the game is almost ready to begin! I won't jinx it by committing to a specified date just yet, but I'll aspire to do it for next Friday, which'll hopefully be enough time for people to finalise character sheets (or character connections, for those already approved).

la dame en noir

Waiting to submit because there are so many female characters lol
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Chronoclasm

I forgot to mention that I'm pleased to be joining the group!

The credit for my picture goes to Nordheimer: https://nordheimer.deviantart.com/art/Captain-Diego-Alatriste-572909280

The character himself will be an interesting foil, I think, to a lot of the others on crew. O:) All you non-humans will also just adore him, I'm sure, as will everyone with anti-Imperial leanings!

Kokaine

Getting Bhleu out of her shell should prove to be an interesting journey amid the current characters, I think.

My O/Os

Ontan

La dame en noir: Feel free to submit the character anyway, if you so wish! There's no actual restriction against female characters. My previous comment on male character being preferred is only aimed at those who are genuinely ambivalent about their character's gender.

Recruitment is still open, but the game is very nearly ready to start! You can tell because there are new threads appearing:
  • The Prelude chapter is now open! While the adventurer hasn't officially started, I've created this thread so that approved characters can start to mingle and interact while we gather up the last few character applications.
  • On a similar note, an OOC chat thread has also been created! This provides a place for approved characters to chat, plot and... look, you know what an OOC thread is for!
  • Lastly, the Moments in Time thread has had some header code added to it. Also, Presta has already made a fantastic post there, so you should all go read it. Or make your own posts. Or ideally both.

I'll reply to the latest round of PMs a little later tonight, so if you're waiting on a reply, don't panic. In the meantime, I'd like to thank GiantMutantCrab, who has unwisely bravely generously offered to help as co-GM!

la dame en noir

Quote from: Ontan on May 02, 2018, 12:51:58 AM
La dame en noir: Feel free to submit the character anyway, if you so wish! There's no actual restriction against female characters. My previous comment on male character being preferred is only aimed at those who are genuinely ambivalent about their character's gender.

Alrighty then!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

ff

Charater submitted for approval.

(EDIT: PMed, and deleted since the concept has been somewhat changed-up anyway)