News:

Main Menu

Severe writers block

Started by LateNightKiss, July 26, 2011, 06:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LateNightKiss

*Grabs left over rotisserie chicken from the fridge..Walks to microwave while picking at the chicken..Notices it tastes so much better when its cold and plops back down on the sofa with my laptop*
My cousin is going to fume in the morning when she finds out I ate tomorrow nights dinner.
But...I have a fairly good excuse: Writers block. Hopefully, as a fellow writer, she'll understand and order take-out instead.
I'm on vacation from school and work right now and with all this free time you'd think I'd be taking numerous trips to my local convenience store for new notebooks because I've filled up all the ones I have at home. Wrong. I prefer to use my laptop for my writing ^__^. Hehe. Throwing in a little humor there.
*Opens microsoft word..Stares blankly at the sad white screen*
That has been happening all week! I've never been so frustrated. Then I think to myself "Great, writers block right around the time I decide to joing Elliquiy." -__-
I'm trying guys, believe me. I guess I'm just looking for a little inspiration.

Does this happen to you a lot? (Minus the chicken)
What do you do when it happens?
Chicken, anyone?  :D
To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful.

Caeli

I actually don't really believe in writer's block. If I really need or want to put out a post, I'll sit there and do it one word at a time, one sentence at a time, until I get something out. There are times when I've just sat there with several post windows open, working on them all a little at a time until they get done.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

LateNightKiss

Maybe I'll try that. Hopefully, one sentence will lead to another.  :-)
Thanks for stopping by Caeli.
To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful.

WhiteTigerForever

For me, personally, writer's block comes from stress, induced by pressure to perform or here write.  It all kind of depends on how hard you are on yourself and how practiced you are.  I find getting away for a bit, changing the focus of your mind, looking at pics and prompt words can create suddenly a flood of creativity inside you.  Just relax and be patient with yourself.  ;D  For ex: I see your whole avi and entire story comes to mind. ;)
Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

LateNightKiss

You may have a point. Living with 3 little girls no older than 9 years old is a lot to deal with at times and trying to juggle summer college courses is just the icing on the cake. It's weird because I find myself in this situation and feel that writing is the only thing that can help, but when I start to write, nothing good comes to mind.
Hmmm.

(Hopefully you will share that story with me one day) ^__^

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: LateNightKiss on July 27, 2011, 09:38:47 PM
You may have a point. Living with 3 little girls no older than 9 years old is a lot to deal with at times and trying to juggle summer college courses is just the icing on the cake. It's weird because I find myself in this situation and feel that writing is the only thing that can help, but when I start to write, nothing good comes to mind.
Hmmm.

(Hopefully you will share that story with me one day) ^__^

Indeed, external circumstances play a strong role in it for me and not long ago couldn't write anything for almost 4 mos...XD

and mmmhmmm mother of 4 here... so I know...XD

LateNightKiss

Quote from: WhiteTigerForever on July 27, 2011, 09:42:47 PM

and mmmhmmm mother of 4 here... so I know...XD

I take my hat off to you! Give me your secrets, now! *Points at you and raises eyebrow playfully*
I take advantage when they are asleep and try to get the creative juices flowing.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: LateNightKiss on July 27, 2011, 09:49:00 PM
I take my hat off to you! Give me your secrets, now! *Points at you and raises eyebrow playfully*
I take advantage when they are asleep and try to get the creative juices flowing.

by then you are exhausted... and can barely have the energy to take a shower lol... it is summer, they are home.. yuck.. and <3 them too... but blessed be school, that is when you'll be able to get more done... and I gave you a few of my tips already... plus 2 of mine are in their 20's and the 3 is 12, not with me, so I just have my 6 year old atm....and she is enough!!! XD

LateNightKiss

Haha. Yes.
Let us just have a moment of silence and thank God for play stations, wiis, hand helds and Miss Hannah Montana.

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: LateNightKiss on July 27, 2011, 09:57:37 PM
Haha. Yes.
Let us just have a moment of silence and thank God for play stations, wiis, hand helds and Miss Hannah Montana.

noooooooo it's Selena Gomez now.. Hanna is on the out..XD and no game stations, I'm afraid...lol.. too poor..

LateNightKiss

You can have mines. They come with 3 "well-behaved" children.  :-)

WhiteTigerForever

Quote from: LateNightKiss on July 27, 2011, 10:06:42 PM
You can have mines. They come with 3 "well-behaved" children.  :-)

aaaaaaaaaaaaha ha ha ha ha ha lmfao.. ha ha ha... I've already tried that with my own.. lol.. not a chance..XD!!! hee hee

LateNightKiss

WhiteTigerForever