[Sexy Space-Western]The Gunslinger [Recruiting Thread/Interest Check]

Started by Dark Deception, September 14, 2010, 11:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

I wanted to already get Episode 1 started. It'll be at the Dead Horse Saloon. People can continue to join this RP as it progresses. I want to know who would like to be in the first episode. You will be meeting the Gunslinger and maybe a few of the NPCs in that one. So it's a good starter episode.

The second episode was the Wild Cat Smuggling Warehouse and breaching it.

Third episode can be anything you guys want. We will eventually have to fight Cliff though and get some of you into Wilson's Warehouse.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Lady Reign

Drifter wants in even though it'll be weird starting this over again. You said Drifter can know Gun yeah? So, does that mean like, she's still his mentee, but they're just in a new town, or what?

Dark Deception

You have me on IM....

Marilyn is Zieg's graduated mentee. Wherever you want her to be is your decision.

Dark Deception

I want to address something for those of you role playing Gunslingers. Gunslingers do NOT specialize in hand-to-hand. They are decent, which means they know enough to survive, but against a hand to hand expert say a monk or martial artist, they would lose. They specialize only in projectiles. Anything that requires reaction time and accuracy. If there is anything in your profile about being "awesome or excellent" at hand to hand, and you're character is a Gunslinger, then you will not be participating in this game until you fix it. You must understand that they rely entirely on their weapons. A gunslinger is nothing without his or her weapons.

Crovonovin

I'm all for being part of Episode 1, but if you'd rather Kithless barge into the smuggling house out of nowhere in Episode 2, that'd also be fine by me!  ;D

Dark Deception

Actually, I can imagine your character and Brittlby's character both being in Episode 2. The Wild Cats could have salvaged you both lol.

The only problem is your character is very slow, and so escaping with him may not happen. So, I'm kind of leaning toward your character just having his own episode. There will be enough people being introduced in the beginning, thus it's the beginning episode, but I'm not going to allow everyone in the beginning episode. So they'll have to sit tight until it's over and episode two which is the Wild Cat episode opens up.

One thing I want people to consider, do not join an episode because you want to join episode. You need to think about what kind of character you're playing: 1) Why would he or she  be in it? 2) What does he or she hope to accomplish by being in there? and 3) Does it make any sense for my character to be there based on reason 1 and 2?

Nazora

Is there gambling in any form at the Dead Horse Saloon? My character might at least make a cameo if there is a table game, even a decent card game. Is this up yet? Can't wait to start reading.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Dark Deception

There can be lol. Like the old west, a card game. I think that would make a great introduction for your character lol.

Brittlby

I did have an idea in that respect, given that both Shihong's and my character are stuck in episode two. We'd discussed the likelihood of the two having met before, with Lunch Special having been employed by men of less than savory character... who Kithless probably blew away. How about we play out those prologue scenes, just to pass time while waiting for the rest of the cast to catch up?
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Dark Deception

You can but no one has solved the issue with how would we be able to escape with him in Episode 2 if you're trying to have him in Episode 2? The cats would destroy him for being too slow to escape and yeah, we're in the heart of the Wild Cat base so there's going to be a lot of Cats.

Brittlby

Hmm? That was just an all purpose solution for what to do while the nuts and bolts team was waiting to hit active play, whether he's in episode 2 or 3. Or 1 for that matter. *laugh* I know I'm in Wild Cat Warehouse, so I'm sitting out until 2.

I was just throwing out the idea of some little prologue mini-episodes for a bit of fun.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Dark Deception

All I can think of is, unless he knew your character was in the warehouse and he's there to get her out but doesn't know how. He could be waiting in the desert for when my character and whoever else manage to escape with her (and some of the Cat's goods), and he could give us some back up. He would have more space than just cramped hallways.

That way it also ties in to you guys prologue episodes.

Kaizen

Quote from: Dark Deception on September 20, 2010, 09:50:59 AM
You can but no one has solved the issue with how would we be able to escape with him in Episode 2 if you're trying to have him in Episode 2? The cats would destroy him for being too slow to escape and yeah, we're in the heart of the Wild Cat base so there's going to be a lot of Cats.

My character is on the way to the warehouse in a flatbed truck... to get supplies.  Mason could give him a ride.

Quote from: Brittlby on September 20, 2010, 09:58:11 AM
nuts and bolts team

I like it!

Crovonovin

Kithless can move fast enough when he wants to, but I agree that he probably won't already be inside the Cat warehouse at the start of Episode 2.  Basically, me and Brittlby will be writing our own "Episode" while the rest of you work through Episode 1, ending with her Cook being captured and Kithless setting out to find her.  He can be trudging along the side of the road when, as Kaizen suggested, Mason passes by with his truck and decides to give him a lift.

Brittlby

Quote from: Dark Deception on September 20, 2010, 10:00:55 AM
All I can think of is, unless he knew your character was in the warehouse and he's there to get her out but doesn't know how. He could be waiting in the desert for when my character and whoever else manage to escape with her (and some of the Cat's goods), and he could give us some back up. He would have more space than just cramped hallways.

That way it also ties in to you guys prologue episodes.

If Shi wants to use that as a lead in to the main plot, I'm certainly game.

O/O

Dark Deception

All right, since the episode 2 has been settled, and I'll say again that it's all right if you guys do a prologue, while we're doing Episode 1 just be sure to put the link in here, so I can put it up under Episode Lists. A link and also the name of the Episode you and Shihong will be doing.

Now, we need to discuss Episode 1 with those who plan to be in it. So far, I only have seen Nazora and Lady Reign saying they'll be in it. If there's anyone else, speak now or forever hold your peace (more like write a response).

Teridas

I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

Dark Deception

Okay, I'm also going to remind people that it's not the end of the world if you don't get in an episode because there will be many more to come. I don't expect many people to stick with this since people tend to just drop off because they can't keep up with it like Lady Reign and I manage to do. But we'll see, maybe I'm wrong.

Lady Reign

Something odd about you calling me Lady Reign, but yes, as Dark Deception mentioned, its alright if you don't get one immediately, or if you aren't the "star" of a particular episode. You'll get your chance, believe me. Dark Deception and I don't really do the whole "I am the center of attention" deal, and usually pass it on to other players. So please don't go spot light grabbing, or we'll tear it away from you.

Also, if you have questions about anything, feel free to PM me as well. I am a bit more gentle than Dark Deception. Plus, I love talking about this RP and its potential. However, all and any ideas will be passed by him as he is the original creator of the RP. So yes, eventually he will see your idea if you present one to me and it seems valid.

Dark Deception

I will write a post for Episode One and then I'll put it under episodes list. I'll let you all know when it's up.

Dark Deception

Here is the link to Episode One. I'll be posting it on the front page of this thread and the front page of the Character Thread. I'll also post up the OOC, but I haven't decided where I plan to put it because this RP can be all over the place from bondage to NC. But it won't really have rape in it because there's never been a situation where that was necessary. But there has been bondage! Ah well, depending on the episode, and where it is. There will be an OOC for each episode I suppose.
Episode One

Dark Deception

Dark Deception

Blah, I put all the links you need on the Character Thread, so be sure to just favorite everything so you'll know where it is. I try to be organized with threads and make sure my players can find them. I can't stand when GMs make tons of threads but never tell you where they all are. So then you have to go look for them. It's so annoying.

Goss

Never read the series but I'm really considering this. Would like to play a human character if you're still excepting players. In the meantime I've got a few ideas I'll start to throw together.

Dark Deception

Yeah, this RP is still alive. We're just still trying to complete episode one lol. Feel free to post up a profile, and if there is anything wrong with it, I'll let you know. If you ever do have questions though, feel free to PM Lady Reign. She's Co-GM and handles most questions if they don't need to be run by me. I refuse to answer questions about profiles, but she will answer questions about them.  ::)