Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, September 14, 2016, 04:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Vennar, the town blacksmith, believes if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against the resistance.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female. If you want more info just ask/PM me.

Moriah

Oh, a non-system fantasy game! I wouldn't mind a small party game like this. Some things I like about little free forms like this are the little historical fun bits that you can add in. Are you still interested in this Mr.Bane?

Lady Jenn

I am indeed, even if it requires me to play so many NPCs I should probably give MYSELF a cheat sheet to remember who's who XD

Moriah

Quote from: Lord Bane on September 25, 2016, 06:22:11 AM
I am indeed, even if it requires me to play so many NPCs I should probably give MYSELF a cheat sheet to remember who's who XD

^^ Excellent. I was thinking that it might be fun to play a minor noble insurrectionist who joins you. Maine two reasons is I think the difference in their grievances can make some interesting character tensions. The difference between a soft bourgeois and a salt of the earth blacksmith trying to find common cause and overthrow a regime could be fun. What do you think?

Lady Jenn

sounds good to me, do you want to do a skelly for the character?

Moriah

Quote from: Lord Bane on September 25, 2016, 02:44:47 PM
sounds good to me, do you want to do a skelly for the character?

Sure, we can do those. ^^ Lay yours out and I'll adopt your format.

Lady Jenn

Name: Vennar
Appearance: At least 6 foot 5, Vennar is built like a tank, short tousled black hair barely disguising his heavily wrinkled face. His body is covered in muscles and he is most often seen in a plain brown tunic, his blacksmith's apron draped over his neck. While he keeps one of his own swords to hand his favourite weapon is the heavy blacksmith's hammer as capable of breaking skulls as it is hammering metal into shape.
Bio: Vennar has lived his entire life in the city of his birth, so has first hand experience of the terror Myraz has released. He has his own reason to hate the king however: his wife died because of the king, and now his brother has suddenly vanished. Although he doubts he has the strength to travel north he has decided he no longer has an option to sit by and do nothing. He will try to stop the king, even if the effort kills him.

(any other info you want on the character?)