Melody's First Annual Pool Party!

Started by writersmelody, July 05, 2010, 08:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

writersmelody

Come one, come all to Melody's first ever pool party! Complete with barbecue, volleyball, waterslides, and last but not least... A POOL! Bring your favorite inflatable animal. Just a place for everyone to have fun. :) Just remember the rules- no pushing, no diving, and keep it PG-13. ;)

So... who wants to be in first?
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

Kitsunetsuki

Kit arrives with her favourite inflatable monkey & waves to Melody. "I'm in!" Wearing her favourite white and pink polka-dotted bikini, she wanders over to the pool, dipping a toe in. "Mmmm...nice and warm, too!"
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

writersmelody

*is clutching Flipper, wearing a simple black one piece, and beams at Kit* Yay! I hope there's a good turn out. Put a lot of effort into this, you know! *glances at the water and promptly jumps in*
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Kitsunetsuki

Clutches her monkey and leaps in as well, using her inflatable to help her float. She smiles at Melody and splashes some water her way. "Ah well, if they don't join in, it's their loss! We'll just have to have all the fun for them." Grinning, she swims over to introduce Mikko the monkey to Flipper.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Starlequin

'Quin walks in through the swinging wooden gate, shuffling casually toward the deck chairs. His little buddy Marvin the duck waddles in close behind, and flips the gate shut with one wing.

"Hey, folks. How's the party goin'?" "Quack!"
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

writersmelody

*giggles and splashes back at Kit* We'll have to try at least. *grins as Flipper and Mikko are introduced before looking up with interest at the new arrival* Hi! We're just getting started. Come on in!
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Kitsunetsuki

Sputtering slightly, she splashes Melody again. "Indeed, we do."

Kit looks up as a guy enters with a duck following him. Waving over to him, she smiles. "Hey there! The party's great so far. I'm Kit...what's your name?"
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Starlequin

Long, baggy black-and-white trunks rustle as 'Quin sinks into one of the poolside chairs.

"Cool to meet you, Kit. I'm 'Quin." "Quack!" "Oh, and this is Marvin. He doesn't really talk much, but he's pretty cool." He turns to Marvin, about to jump in the pool. "Hey, dude, there's like a cooler over there, like, right behind you, can you throw me a soda?" "Quack!" "Aw, come on, man, it's like right there. Just wing it to me!" "Quack..."

Marvin flips the lid off the cooler and wraps a wing around a soda can, and hurls it at 'Quin, beaning him in the head and knocking him out of his chair. "Ow. Thanks, dude." "Quack!"

Kitsunetsuki

Watching the antics between Marvin & 'Quin, Kit couldn't help but laugh at the physical comedy aspect of it all as 'Quin got hit in the head with the soda can.

Hopping out of the pool quickly, she heads over to 'Quin to make sure he's alright. Looking down at him on the ground, she smiles & offers a hand. "Need some help there?"
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Starlequin

'Quin lay on the ground, staring cross-eyed at the sky and feeling slightly woozy. Kit rushed over to check on him, and he stumbled to his feet.

"Yeah, I'm probably fine. We should check, though. How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked, holding up two fingers.

"Quack, quack!" Marvin answered as he drifted leisurely in the pool. "I wasn't askin' you!" 'Quin shouted back. He smiled reassuringly at Kit, who's stare had been growing more and more anxious, and tapped on his noggin. "Don't worry, doll. Head like a rock, and twice as door."

It occurred to him for a moment that something was wrong with that sentence, but he shrugged it off and grabbed the dented soda can.

"Want a drink?"

Kitsunetsuki

Watching 'Quin act a bit strangely, she gave him an unconvinced look and smiled anyway. "Well, if you say you're ok, I'll believe you..." Choosing to ignore his wacky words, she shook her head. "No, I'm good, thanks!" She turned, looking for Melody. "Melody, you want a drink while I'm over here?"
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

writersmelody

*giggles as she watches the antics, draped over Flipper*

Sure! Just a glass of water. Amazing how being IN water while make you thirsty...
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Kitsunetsuki

Bringing Melody a cup of water, she puts it at the edge of the pool. "It's over here, hun! I'm going to grab a bite to eat, while I'm out."

Wandering over to the table full of food, she grabs a piece of the 6ft sub sandwich & some chips and sits down near 'Quin, munching happily.
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

Goober

Once again the wooden gate opens as Jay arrives at Melody's pool. Holding his inflatable seahorse, he says, "Hey everyone, sorry I'm late to the party!" Taking a quick glance around and seeing only three gathered, he grins, "or not." Walking towards the pool, he introduces himself, "I'm Jay. Nice to meet you!"
1. "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."- Oscar Wilde
2. "Men are like steel. when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." :-)
- Chuck Norris
3. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
4. "A word to the wise isn't necessary."
5. And finally..."I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling

Starlequin

'Quin throws up a hand in salutation. "Yo, Jay. I'm 'Quin. The fine ladies are Kit-" he points to Kit as she noms and waves, "-and Melody." He points to Mel in the pool as she swims circles around an unruffled duck. "Quack!" "Oh, yeah. And that's Marvin." 'Quin says, pointing at the duck.

Goober

"Haha, nice to meet ya Marvin!" Throwing the inflatable seahorse into the pool, Jay gets a cup of water and greets Quin, Melody, and Kit.
2. "Men are like steel. when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." :-)
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
5. And finally..."I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling

writersmelody

Thanks! *swims to the edge and takes a drink of water*

So nice to meet everybody! And... I'm APPROVED!
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Goober

Jay takes a drink and looks at Melody with appraising eyes. He then grins, heading over to Melody and sitting down by the pool. "Congratz, though I knew it all along...with a gorgeous body such as yours and a personality to match, anyone with half their wit would have given their approval!"
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

Starlequin

"Congratulations on approval, Mel. Got any plans to go with that shiny new badge?" 'Quin asks, reaching around behind Kit to grab a piece of sandwich and nomming with content.

"Quack!" "Aw, get your own sandwich!"

writersmelody

*blushes* Aww, thanks! Good luck to you as well.

Thanks, Quin! And I've got plenty. *grins*

Everybody having fun?
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

SimonSez

Makes my way in to the pool area, looking around a bit nerves i spot a deck chair and i throw my towel on it, sitting down i look around for a moment before spotting the BBQ, getting up i go over and get my self 2 burgers and a cold drink, walking back to my deck chair i sit down and begin to dig in.

Kitsunetsuki

Kit fell asleep in the sun and woke up with sunburn all over, except for a smiley face in white on her belly. "Hey! Who was messing with the sunblock?!" She laughs, then wanders off to look for some Solarcaine for the burn...
[tr]
[td]
Ideas (up-to-date)

grace

wonders around the pool .... throws in the inflatable cow and goes to the fridge and grabs a Pepsi max, finds a seat out of the sun and slowly sips out the can

SimonSez

Looking around from my deck chair i look over to the other side of the pool seeing someone throw in a cow, laughing a little i go to drink my pepsi and find it empty, getting up i make my way over to the fridge and get my self another cold drink.

grace

takes off yellow t-shirt and adjusts bikini and starts to rub suntan lotion on, spreads towel on the lawn and lays down....watches the inflatable animals float around the pool