Dungeon of Bvan'Telvarth[Pathfinder RPG, EX, NC, MUL]

Started by Myrleena, December 02, 2009, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

Ahem.  If you don't like Transformation, Torture, Rape, Pregnancy, and potential death in a game, you may want to leave the page now.  I'm not certain what all is going to be in any given game as of yet, but these are all highly likely.

Now that that's taken care of, the basics.  I'm running a game, loosely patterned off the Dungeons of Doom, which are much more tame.  If you don't like the tone of this game, you might want to look into them in NC:E Large Groups, with Jeramiahh as the GM.

This game is going to use the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game ruleset, ranging from 1st through 10th level to begin with.  A word of warning: The dungeon is not going to care what level you happen to be.  If you run into a Pit Fiend, you run into a Pit Fiend.  I will try to always have a way to get out of the situation, but it won't always be obvious.  I'm a ruthless bitch sometimes.

The game is set in the nation of Telvarth, a primarily human nation that holds the southern border of a massive wasteland filled with monsters that was created 200 years earlier when an empire had a massive magical disaster.  As such, people come there from all over, and no other nation dares go to war with them, in spite of the fact that they're ruthless in some ways, and permit slavery.  Underneath the Capital of Telvarth is the entrance to the Dungeon of Bvan’Telvarth.  This dungeon was originally created by the archmage King Bvan Denvelmont, a man who has long since had his flaws erased by his legend.  The fact was that he was a lecherous old man, who was probably the father of a good tenth of the children born during his reign.  But he designed the dungeon with the idea of it being the perfect, impartial judge.  Unfortunately, several deities took interest in his final work, including Calistria, whom he had spited one time too many.  The elven Goddess of Lust, Trickery, and Vengeance chose to make things...interesting for him.  Add to that the interest of Zon-Kuthon, God of Envy, Pain, Darkness, and Loss, Lamashtu, the so-called Mother of Monsters, and Nocticula, Demon Lord of Darkness and Lust, and the intent of his dungeon was warped horribly.  With his death within, the Dungeon became it's own demi-plane, and has an incredible spell wrapped around it that prevents any that have entered it from communicating what happened inside in any way.  Not even effects to read the mind, or a Wish will work.

Now the dungeon punishes those it sees fit, and changes those who irritate it.  Many of those who are allowed to leave are given great rewards, reflecting the strange nature of the structure, though some are allowed to leave with literally nothing remaining.  The dungeon enjoys populating itself through the impregnation of challengers with a variety of creatures, and using magic to ensure that they don't die easily.  The children are often born quickly, though many would call them horrific spawn or such, as many of the creatures are unpleasant in the extreme.

To clarify, unless you die outright from an attack, you will survive the experience.  How long the dungeon is varies based on the circumstances, and additional adventures are still possible.  The Wastes have many creatures within them, after all.

Link to the OOC Thread.
Link to the Character Thread.  Character creation is here.

Myrleena

Also, since it came up peripherally, I might, might allow races such as aasimar and tieflings, but none of the extremely powerful races.

ShamshielDF

So people have some idea of this so far...

My character decided she would try to convince someone that had come out of the dungeon to give her some clue as to what to expect and thought she had a way around the dungeon's protections.  She found someone that had passed through the dungeon and handed him a pouch of gold, asking him to buy her something that he thought she would not have thought of for her gear for the trek. He returned a short time later with a chastity belt, a lock and a smirk.  She prayed on this, but since she had no other choice to save her sister, went the following morning.

After she figured out how the various doors worked, she chose one and, a short while later was knocked out, dragged off, stripped of gear, woke, healed, threatened, had a magical phallus placed on her, forced to impregnate a priestess and a succubus, then charmed such as to enjoy herself, impregnated by both the succubus and the priestess, spent 11 hours with the succubus alone, was carted off just in time for the enchantment to wear off and put into a chamber that will accelerate her pregnancy to last just one day, along with the priestess and succubus.

The things a poor cleric will do for her sister.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Katina Tarask

Color me interested.  I have a summoner and her eidolon more or less statted out, save gear, and nearly ready to convert to your format in the character thread.

What do you want written up in the way of background and personality?

Myrleena

Okay, a couple of things, though they're fairly minor.  Due to a few things, they've altered the summoner in the playtest forums on Paizo.  I don't really care for most of the changes, but one I am implementing is that the Summoner's Summon Monster Spell-Like Ability can only have 1 casting in effect at a time.  Also, they decided that eidolon's can't wear armor(though this doesn't affect you.

Now, as for a background and personality, that's largely up to you.  I'm not being too particular, and won't change the rules on you in mid-play.  I don't have much more of the world worked out than listed, and am using a homebrew world, though I'm using the Golarion gods.  Other than that, if you have specific questions, just ask.

Chloe Milev

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring as well.  I originally had my bard/investigative reporter call herself a "cleric of Io" (he doesn't care, and neither does she), but I can leave that out.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Myrleena on December 05, 2009, 04:54:49 PM
Okay, a couple of things, though they're fairly minor.  Due to a few things, they've altered the summoner in the playtest forums on Paizo.  I don't really care for most of the changes, but one I am implementing is that the Summoner's Summon Monster Spell-Like Ability can only have 1 casting in effect at a time.  Also, they decided that eidolon's can't wear armor(though this doesn't affect you.
Aw, gee.  No summoning ten rhinos, blowing open the door, and letting 'em all charge? :P

Fair enough.  I did consider armor in the 'maybe later' capacity, but I'm probably better off sticking with Mage Armor anyways.  Oh, and I'm not sure when you looked at the eidolon, but I just gave her an almost-complete overhaul, changing her to a large serpentine grapple-crazy critter.
Quote from: Myrleena on December 05, 2009, 04:54:49 PMNow, as for a background and personality, that's largely up to you.  I'm not being too particular, and won't change the rules on you in mid-play.  I don't have much more of the world worked out than listed, and am using a homebrew world, though I'm using the Golarion gods.  Other than that, if you have specific questions, just ask.
Alright.  Then I'm not gonna bother with typing up a huge background, I'll just give a quick overview when I'm ready to throw everything in the character thread.

Myrleena

Both characters look fine, though I get some amusement out of the fact that people still keep using cloaks of charisma and such.  And I looked at the eidolon before, and it looks good to me overall.  At least, nothing stands out as being a bad thing.  Welcome to the group of victi-I mean adventurers.

Katina Tarask

Bien, bien.  And gear is pretty much done now.

Absolutely nothing bad could possibly come of traveling in a monster infested dungeon with a pet tentacle monster.

Myrleena

Except for the fact that I have a...109 monster random encounter generator, including a number of homebrew monsters.  And none of the entries have an EL attached to them.  Dragons is a single entry. >_>

Chloe Milev

Quote109 monster random encounter generator
"Eeeeuuulghhh..." *loosens collar*

Just kidding, fun.  Yeah, I got a cloak because I wanted the Circlet of Persuasion as well...  My bard knows all and sees all, nothing bad will ever happen to her.  Though I'm sure monsters will have fun trying to grab a greased-up girl.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Devi

I like the tone of the play as written, but I don't know anything about the Pathfinder system - is there somewhere I could go that lays it out online? I'd be interested if I could figure out how it works. It's based on AD&D, right?

Brandon

The official pathfider SRD can be found here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

It should have most if not all of the info you need. AD&D was the 2nd edition of D&D. Pathfinder is an extension of the 3.5 version which is a wholly different system but not hard to learn coming from 2nd edition
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Myrleena

Yep.  That's the one I was about to link myself.  A better way to look at it would be to see Pathfinder as a version of 3.5 D&D built by another company after Wizards of the Coast abandoned it.  I honestly don't blame them, I just don't like 4e D&D for the types of games I run.

Katina Tarask

I prefer this version of the Pathfinder SRD, myself.  And if you register on Paizo's website, you can download the beta versions of some new classes.  Oracle, Cavalier, Witch, and Summoner.  Summoner is made of awesome and win.

Devi

I've actually played 3.5 too, so it shouldn't be too hard to grasp - I've been offline for a bit, but assuming it's still open I'll look over the rules and roll up a character shortly.

Myrleena

Things are still open for the game, just busy tonight.  Welcome aboard. ^_^

Delta Echo

Hm. I don't suppose there's still room? This sounds like a good opportunity to learn Pathfinder...

...and if it proves difficult, well, I can expect to be killed off quickly. :p
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Myrleena

*chuckles* Honestly, if you learned 3.5 D&D, you can play Pathfinder with very few problems.  And yes, the game is still open. ^_^

Delta Echo

Definitly know 3.5. ;) (and 4e, but PF sounds awesome too...need to get my hands on the $50 dead-tree rules so I can peruse them offline....) Anyway, some time later when it's not 4:30 am on my birthday I'll fix up a character! ^_^
O&O - A&A

Myrleena

Delta Echo

Thanks! :)

*shares cake with everybody*

...I'm currently trying to wrap my mind around the skills, so working on that sheet. I have decided on a class though, given that everybody else seems to be a little on the...ah, squishy side...a barbarian sounds like the ticket (and is Something Different from my usual fare).
O&O - A&A

Katina Tarask

Mind that we're not necessarily any sort of party.  You can organize to go in with someone else if you want, but if you don't, you go in solo.

And as an aside, Sasha's actually a pretty badass melee presence.  Not personally, mind, but as a Summoner, she has a giant tentacle monster and a dozen grizzly bears on speed dial, all expendable.  Best meat shields you can ask for.

Also, you may be interested in looking at some of the Advanced Player's Guide classes that Paizo currently has in beta.  Cavalier, Oracle, Witch, Tentacle Rapist, and if you go to their site, you can download Alchemist (very cool) and Inquisitor (meh), which aren't on the pfsrd just yet.

Delta Echo

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks. Hmm...

*ponders*

...Alchemist, you say?
I may need to take a look at that one. :D

O&O - A&A

Katina Tarask

The download is here.  You'll need an account to log in and download.