Forbidden Relationships – M seeks any enthusiastic role-play partner

Started by Tanner, May 25, 2016, 01:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanner

Forbidden relationships – M seeks any enthusiastic role-play partner for some hot, quasi-historical, slow-burn love stories.

I'm searching for partners (gender unimportant if you believe that you can play the role) for the following roleplay ideas:-

The Queen of Secrets
A long time ago in a place far away, there lived a beautiful Queen (your character). She is beloved by her subjects, despite the fact that the King (her husband) is brutal, lascivious and cruel. She is childless, though of childbearing age. In this nation the king is allowed as many wives as he wishes to take, but the law dictates that the first wife is the primary wife, and she cannot be discarded by the King or replaced as Queen, childless or not. The King has a vast harem of other wives and concubines, and has little to do with the Queen. The Queen passes her days in doing good works, caring for her animals, and looking after her extensive garden.
A lowly man, perhaps a slave (my character) is engaged to work in the Queen's gardens (or maybe with her animals). He spends time with the Queen and becomes fascinated with her. She also shows interest in him and his situation. Through some accident, he discovers that the Queen is male by gender, but too late – he has already fallen in love with her.
If their affair is discovered they will each face death or worse. If it becomes common knowledge that the Queen is in fact a male, then the consequences will be very bad for all concerned...

The Knight Templar
A Knight (my character) on crusade in the Holy Land is grievously injured, and is nursed back to health 'behind enemy lines' by a young Saracen girl (your character). They discover that they have passionate feelings for each other, but a relationship between a christian man and a muslim girl is forbidden. Hoping for greater freedoms amongst his own folk, the Knight persuades the girl to escape westward with him, disguised as his squire. They manage to reach the Malta base of the Knights Templar. Here they are given hospitality, but there is great pressure for all christian fighters to return to the Holy Land to fight, and it is all but impossible to depart to the west. Frustrated by their situation and by their own deceit, they find themselves surrounded by homosexual relationships between monks and priests, knights and squires. A blind eye is turned to such activities, whereas women are all but excluded from the Templar community. What will the lovers do?

A Safe Passage
In a time and place similar to North Africa in medieval times, a foreign nobleman (my character) and his young manservant (your character) are caught up in an insurrection whilst travelling. It is decreed that all male foreigners of note will be arrested, most likely to be sold as slaves. It seems that their only means of escape is for the manservant to dress as a woman, and for the nobleman to act the part of her lowly male slave. Life is still dangerous, but each of the pair begins to enjoy the switch. They have a long journey ahead...

If you're interested in any of these, or if you have suggestions of your own, please PM me to discuss. I'm always open to ideas.

My ons :-
Gender confusion of any kind
Characters of differing social status or power imbalance between characters
Forbidden or problematic relationships
Historical situations real or fantasy, but must be reasonably credible
Fully developed, multi-faceted, nuanced relationships between characters

My offs :-
Single line posts (except in dialogue)
Glaring anachronisms and technological bloopers (examples:- Napoleon emailed Josephine, Daniel Boone switched on the light, Abraham Lincoln was hit hard in the Great Depression
S&M (although violence in the context of the story is OK)
Sex without a back story

Also see https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=59501