My First Roleplay Idea-The Great Young Ones

Started by Superloser, February 15, 2016, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superloser

Sorry, not a Lovecraftian version of a certain BBC sitcom ;D

Basically, this would be a darkly comedic roleplay about five grade one kids (I'm thinking American for the sake of wider appeal) who're transformed into all powerful mashups  of Lovecraftian entities and classic Kaiju concepts. The story would be fairly loose, and would detail how these children turned giant monsters knock mankind back into the Stone Age for shits and giggles.

Characters up for grabs include an American general trying to stop the Kaiju gang, the kids themselves of course, and maybe the president. Anyone interested?

TeaCupDucky

This idea sounds super cute! I'd love to play as one of the kids for your idea! :)

Superloser

Quote from: TeaCupDucky on February 15, 2016, 11:56:56 AM
This idea sounds super cute! I'd love to play as one of the kids for your idea! :)

Cool. I'm not sure if I'll play as one of the kids or as the general or something, but you've got a slot! By the way, feel free to design your own kid.

TeaCupDucky

Quote from: Superloser on February 15, 2016, 12:04:24 PM
Cool. I'm not sure if I'll play as one of the kids or as the general or something, but you've got a slot!
I hope others join. This just sounds like an awesome little adventure. Kind of reminds me of a messed up anime I saw the other day where this little boy got super powers and was able to draw out whatever weapon he wanted..Heh.

Superloser

Quote from: TeaCupDucky on February 15, 2016, 12:07:55 PM
I hope others join. This just sounds like an awesome little adventure. Kind of reminds me of a messed up anime I saw the other day where this little boy got super powers and was able to draw out whatever weapon he wanted..Heh.

What was it called, if I may ask? So, any ideas for your character?

TeaCupDucky

Quote from: Superloser on February 15, 2016, 12:11:51 PM
What was it called, if I may ask? So, any ideas for your character?
It was on Netflix. It was a compilation of other short animations..I can't remember the name though..

My character would come from a family who absolutely loves monster films and mythological beasts. Hyper energetic, it's very hard to keep her still for very long. Imagine a kid with a sugar high..but 24/7.
I had to actually look up what Lovecraftian creatures looked like. Got to say, those are some awesome looking monsters. It's been a bit since I've last role played, so if you want me to give you full detail of my character, I will.

I'm sorry for sucking a bit. <:)

Superloser

Any detail you can think of! Also, are you fine with the fact these kids will be pretty evil? Like, fun evil. Also, any thoughts on how they should be transformed? I was thinking an evil spell book that requires sacrifice, naturally, they kill their imaginary friends and stuffed animals. And maybe an older bully kid >:)

TeaCupDucky

I am completely fine with playing an evil child. Heh. Oooh! Yes! It's all fun and games until they see they need blood. Then it becomes even more fun when they decide to get that one obnoxious bully to be the one they sacrifice! But oh..Poor mister snuggles will have to go too..Ah well.

They think it's a new game to play. Maybe after they transform, they don't even realize that they aren't pretending anymore and that they are literally murdering people and destroying things. I can't wait to start this!  >:)

Superloser

Hmm, personally, I think they should realise they transformed, and think it's awesome. Also, okay with the idea of the kids never being turned good, or being defeated or anything like that? They do destroy human society, and people are reduced to toys in their planet sized playground.

Also, I imagine the transformation is one way. Any opinion. Also, any thoughts on your monster form?

TeaCupDucky

Realizing they did transform is good too. Never being turned good, sounds like an awesome plan to me. But being defeated..? I feel like towards the end where literally everything is destroyed and are coming close to not having anything to play with, they begin to turn on each other. Monster children do get pretty cranky when they start to get bored or tired. ;)

I like the idea of them never being able to transform back to normal as well. For my monster form, a good mix between a great white shark and Ram. About as taller as the Chrysler building, skin as tough as diamonds but with the texture of a regular sharks,small blood shot eyes, Two large curled horns with multiple small ones ridging her head and spine, a large mouth with jagged sharp teeth. Her feet would look like that of a rams and her arms would be considered 'regular' sized but with huge claws, and a long tail with what one would think is a wrecking ball at the end.

Sorry this took me a bit. I was trying to think of a good combination to put together..What do you think you will play as? :)

Superloser

Monster kid. I'm thinking some kind of winged monstrosity. Hey, if nobody else signs up, do you still want to try this as a one on one, or maybe collaborative story? Also, any thoughts on games the monsters could play? After the government tries nuking them, I imagine they start playing literal nuclear football!

TeaCupDucky

I'm down. I don't mind playing multiple characters if need be.

Nuclear football does sound like something they would play or even kick ball! They could gather as many people as they can squish them together to make a soft ball so that when they threw it at each other, they wouldn't have to worry about it hurting at all. :)

Superloser

Hmm, think the kids should like ran rampant on Earth for a while (I imagine they could do so for years without stopping) then somehow go off to space to find more "playgrounds". Maybe the epilogue could be some post apocalyptic kids finding the spell book...

Oh, and could you do me a big favour and design my monster form? Remember, male and winged.

TeaCupDucky

So we will start with the beginning of them finding the book and move it to when they are getting close to completely destroying all of their 'toys' and getting to the point where they need to figure a way into space? We shall be the end of all beginnings..>:)

Did you like my description of my character..? heh. I don't mind. Give me a moment to figure a good combo :)

Superloser

So, six sound like a good age for the characters? Also, any thoughts on what the actual transformation should be like like? Instantaneous or like an actual minute long metamorphosis? I'm imagining that the kids have to paint themselves all over it themselves with the blood of their sacrifices. Imagine a bunch of kids with nothing but stuffed animal fluff covering them.. And blood from the bully >:)

Thanks so much for doing my monster form. Want to discuss other character personalities in case nobody else shows up?

TeaCupDucky

Six is good. If we are going for a horror show kind of feel, it should be about a minute long process of them going from crazy adorable, blood and fluff covered children, to a crazy description of their transformation.

For your character, I'm thinking a combination of a deep sea angler fish and a leaf nosed bat. The size of your monster is up to you.
I'm thinking the skin should be that of the Angler fish, rough and slimy, a crazy long under bite with long sharp fangs hanging from each way, large black eyes, thick short feelers that run all over his body except for his large bat like wings, two small claws for arms, long strong legs with three sharp claws for toes, an almost fin like look for his massive tail. Large pointed ears.

How is that..? 

Superloser

Awesome! Also, think we should have superpowers aside from being massive and basically invulnerable? Well, I imagine I can fly.

TeaCupDucky

My character wont have any. But it's ok if you want to have some kind of super power.
<:)

Superloser

Quote from: TeaCupDucky on February 15, 2016, 01:49:03 PM
My character wont have any. But it's ok if you want to have some kind of super power.
<:)

Want your character to be the ring leader? I know this will have to wait till we know how many players we've got, but I kinda imagine two of the other kids are a twin brother and sister who squabble a lot.

Hmm, what do you think would be the monster kids' first move after being transformed?

TeaCupDucky

I wouldn't mind. I can play as the twins sister if nobody else wants to join.

I don't know..We'll have to find out when we start. ;)

Superloser

So, think the monsters should be capable of being injured, or actually needing food and air?

TeaCupDucky

I think they should be able to get injured. But they are the only ones strong enough to do damage to one another. Food and air should be something they need. It could add to drama.

Superloser

Hmm, think it'd be too cliche if all their parents were kind of too distracted to keep an eye on them? I'm just thinking for the parts before they complete the spell?

Also, I think my character will be a major wannabe wizard before his transformation, who's granddad just happened to leave him a book of nonsense.

TeaCupDucky

They could always be doing that part in their local park. Parents could either be working or doing some home body stuff. :)

That sounds adorable. ^_^

Superloser

Think the kids should stay mentally six forever after transforming? Also, maybe they leave the Earth specifically because food is running low?

So, any random ideas for antics the monster could get up to? I'm imagining your character and mine using real planes from a runway as a paper ones.

Also, the kids definitely make sure to destroy their school.