A Game of Royals - The Passions and Devices of a Steampunk Aristocracy

Started by Darkmoon, May 26, 2009, 09:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I'm looking to devote myself as host (and in character) to a lengthy game session involving an all-human playerbase. The central theme spins around a network of nobles, servants, knights, and other individuals likely to show up on the grounds of a royal court. A king has been mysteriously murdered and the Lords and Ladies of a now shaken kingdom have gathered to investigate the murder, but mostly for each to selfishly aspire in their own self interest to choose a ruler (or make sure the one that ends up there is on their side). Settings will revolve around carriage-transport balls, airship travels, and may expand out into the countryside, villages, and battlefields as players so wander.

This will be a game of intrigue that focuses mostly on the personalities involved, meaning we the players, but will have a steady narrative which players can take part in directly or, if they so choose, use the world to their own wanderings. Players may if they choose invent their own locations and circumstances, but as host I will fill in the gaps.

Players may participate as they wish, when they wish, for as long as they wish. The idea is to have a consistent setting in which to share interaction and perhaps get to know each other better.

resonanteve