Doomtown Reloaded (Still Recruiting)

Started by Ciosa, April 04, 2014, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTDan

Quote from: Ciosa on April 05, 2014, 11:35:06 PM
As Josi mentioned, I have some in my images thread, but I can't speak to the ethnic heritage of any of the models.  Likely the only ones you'll find which are likely to be accurate are some of the old historical pictures, and I'm certain you can find some of those with a little research as to a particular tribe.
Of course that is what I was doing, just extending an offer to anyone who may make my search easier.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Ciosa

Apologies for the general quietude here - we're working to do a couple of different character sheets, approvals, etc, and also to fill in some of the backstory and create a new NPC section.  Lots to do!  But we're always a PM away.

Niferbelle

SGTDan, I'm not linking any specific pictures but here's a list of models/actresses I know to be ethnically Native American: Kimama Bishop, Tara Gill, Mariah Watchtower, Jana Mashonee, Julia Jones, Michelle Green, Q'Orianka Kilcher, Ashley Callingbull, Delanna Studi. I can't guarantee what kind of clothing you can find them in, but if you do an image search on those ladies you might be able to find what you're looking for. Hope that helps!

CurvyKitten

this may have been asked before, so sorry if it was. I'm confused with how much money everyone starts out at. If you don't take either edge or hindrance that changes that amount do you start at $250?

Ciosa

Please bold questions to the GMs!

Yes, characters without Dinero and belongings, or the poverty hindrance, will have $250 dollars to start.

SGTDan

Just an update, I'm working slowly on my character I sort of want to make this awesome hence the wait.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Sindra

No worries and no pressure at all!  Take as much time as you need/want to.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Ciosa on April 06, 2014, 02:37:56 PM
Please bold questions to the GMs!

Yes, characters without Dinero and belongings, or the poverty hindrance, will have $250 dollars to start.

EPP! Sorry...but thank you :)

The Dark Raven

Wanted to stick my nose in here and say hi, and that I'm making a character slowly but surely.  Anyone up for plots?  I am totally a PM away. *grin*

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

auroraChloe

Daylily - check out the who's who thread so far to see if any of our characters jive with what you have in mind.

my character is a new kid in town.

a/a 8/21/17

Sindra

Hello everyone!  I have a quick request for those that are done with (or mostly done with) their character sheets.  While we have the character sheets for many of you - the request is for ease.  At this time, we are working on transcribing the character sheets for ease of update. 

If you have the edge (or are planning on taking the edge) Mysterious Destiny - please send Ciosa and I a PM.

If you have the edge Faction: (Collegium, Blackjack's Raiders, Law Dogs, Sweet Rock, Sioux Union, Maze Rats or Whateley) please send us a PM with the faction and the rank (1-5).  If you are still working on a character sheet and intend to be a part of one of these factions, please let me know.

For those that are working on characters - please do not send a PM unless you are absolutely certain you wish to have the background.  There is NO pressure to hurry the character creation process.  If you decide to add any of these things later on - you will not be missing out! 

Currently, I am completing a follow-up to the factions reactions to the events that took place in the Gazette.  If you are a member of the faction, you will be getting a PM with all the reactions to the events that took place. 

Thanks everyone!

EDIT - Changed Mysterious Background to read correctly: Mysterious Destiny

Strangefate

Slowly working out a character concept, and will likely use actor Charlie Cox for the photo reference.  (Was told to post that here : ) )
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

The Dark Raven

Is the Character sheet on the wiki in non-code form, so I can make better brain-sense of it?  Don't mean to be a pest. <3

Never mind, I found what I was needing.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ciosa

Anyone's who's been approved to the Who's Who can post into the Babel's Tower.  I should add, feel free to write in small NPCs - no need to wait for a reply for a drink or an order of food.

Loves

I have Letty up now in the Who's Who...  if anyone would like to talk about connections, my PM box is open.  :) 

there are two points that might be interesting for connections:   

• the mystery writer of the letters that brought her to town
  • ranch hand work - temporary work in the past
ON HIATUS AGAIN

SGTDan

Quote from: Loves on April 06, 2014, 08:34:11 PM
I have Letty up now in the Who's Who...  if anyone would like to talk about connections, my PM box is open.  :) 

I like her a lot.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

The Dark Raven

Strike that, the muse is throwing a tantrum and wants someone else.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Wulfspire

It appears a slightly changed "Spooky" may be making a return shortly.

Thanks Ciosa and Sindra, looking forward to this. I'll get started on my CS shortly.

Sindra

Quote from: Wannabe on April 08, 2014, 09:52:13 PM
It appears a slightly changed "Spooky" may be making a return shortly.

Thanks Ciosa and Sindra, looking forward to this. I'll get started on my CS shortly.

Yay!  Good to have you and 'Spooky' returning! 

Wulfspire

Ciosa

Wulfspire

Good to be here, Ciosa. This'll teach me to get busy over a weekend. Missed all the beginning fun.

Kokaine

Considering returning with Harley... need to read up to see what all has changed though.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ciosa

Quote from: Kokaine on April 09, 2014, 03:54:29 PM
Considering returning with Harley... need to read up to see what all has changed though.

Would love to have you back, Kokaine!

Here's what's changed in the world:  Gomorran History.