U.S.S. McNealy ((Star Trek Inspired OC RP! All Welcome, Still building!))

Started by Cal1496, November 15, 2015, 11:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal1496

Quote from: Blinkin on November 28, 2015, 09:09:45 AM
Pretty much any non-department head position. So, assistant department heads, pee-on's, grunts, chiefs, and custodial positions. ;)

Sums it up pretty well.  With all the main positions except Chief Engineer filled, you got the run of the ship.  Not gunna be the boss of anything, but I'll always make it that there is something for your character to do.

Tackyhillbilly

Oooooh! Make him eat those words! Play... a Barber! Or a Plumber!

Blinkin

hey, there's several scientific and medical sub-departments as well as a number of engineering specialities to choose from.  He could play a Horta geologist... "Taste like a combination of granit with hints of cobalt... belch... very rich..."
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Angel Fire

It has been a while since I played a Star Trek game.  I have a few old characters running around that have been collecting dust since just past the turn of the century.

Since this is after the Dominion War, I have a very good feeling that a Ship's Counselor could be needed.  Would anyone object to having one?  If not, than I can rehash some of my older characters in junior positions if y'all can have me.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

summoner2183

Blinkin

Find a copy of the character sheet in the character profiles in the first post of this thread. Fill it out and PM it to Kal. He'll go over it and approve.

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Tackyhillbilly

Oh Dear. A counsellor? It is hard to say who would be the most distressing person on board for her.

Cal1496

The only one who would object to a Councilor is the Captain lol  So there is already a Professional Diplomat in the works, so a Couciler coming aboard at DS9 would also not be out of the realm of possibility either.  All this of course being ordered by Star Fleet Command to the absolute hate and loathing of James  ;)

And yes, if you look at the first post of this thread there is a link to Character Profile's.  The profile skeleton is there.

Edit:  And ya, just listen to Blinkin.  Why I even bother sometimes :P

Tackyhillbilly

That's the mark of a good First Officer!

The mark of a good Science Officer is to be rather subtly sarcastic, while at the same time helping the Captain grow.

Cal1496

I see your logic and refute it!

James does not need to grow.  And no amount of competent officers and councilor's can make him!

Tackyhillbilly

Adnan: "Of course sir. You can have Ice Cream for dinner of you want."

Angel Fire

Quote from: Cal1496 on November 28, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
The only one who would object to a Councilor is the Captain lol  So there is already a Professional Diplomat in the works, so a Couciler coming aboard at DS9 would also not be out of the realm of possibility either.  All this of course being ordered by Star Fleet Command to the absolute hate and loathing of James  ;)

Sweet!  Time to bring back my very first character that I ever played (I tried her here on E in another Star Trek RP but that fizzled out).  I am sure that you will like her!  I'll PM her to you as soon as I adjust the bio to the McNealy's scheme.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Blinkin

Let Bema catch him alone at the wrong time and she'll make him grow... *wicked grins*

And yes, a good XO anticipatees the needs of her captain. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Tackyhillbilly

Also, I am considering a second character. Ideas right now are a Joined Trill, or a Human and/or Vulcan action girl to fill out security.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Tackyhillbilly

Cal1496

Better eighty Trill than one Cardie...  :-X

And hold off till DS9 for second characters folks.  Maybe even DS3

Tackyhillbilly

summoner2183

Wanted to make a Stellar Cartographer or Xenobiologist, but not sure of the suitable rank assigned.

Tackyhillbilly

Cal1496

Ensign or Lieutenant jg would be suitable.  Depending on how you want to play there age and personal history.

And Tack, I'd say go with the badass Vulcan.  Would be so cool to her just walk into a room and pinch pince a dude.  Then snap his neck! dun, dun, dun!

Edit: Why do I even bother!

Tackyhillbilly

Also, I should mention. Adnan is a High Energy Physicist. That has a fair bit of overlap with Stellar Cartography. Xenobiology/Archaeology are weaker areas. Both are fine, but they lend themselves to very different storylines.

Tackyhillbilly

Oh god, the Counsellor is Bajoran.

Also... 32 is a really, really old Lt. Jg. In the current Navy, you are promoted out of O-2 (Lt. JG) in 2 years of service at grade (3.5 years of service total) automatically, unless you commit a court martiable offense.