News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Welcome to the RP TyKing. Good to have you aboard :) I hope you like our little group and have fun with the RP. I liked your intro post and look forward to seeing more :)
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

TyKing

Hey thanks! I appreciate the compliments.  :-)

Xain903

Hmm, this RP looks interesting, you guys have any more openings?

Gladiator0161

Hey Xain903, thanks for your interest, unfortunately I'm going to have to say no for right now, seeing as you're not approved.

Once you're approved, we'll talk, ok?

Sushi

That reply is a little discouraging, but I'd like to express interest too. I intend to stick around the site even if denied, if it makes a difference.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Sorry about that Sushi, but, we've had several members already drop off when they've already written material. I've tried to keep their characters around in case they ever came but, it got to be too much work for me. I have however, kept the possibility open for their survival and thus allow their return.

It is because that I don't want to repeat this that I'm only allowing approved members onto the thread. I hope that you can understand that, because I really do appreciate the interest, and I sincerely hope you get your approval so that you can join the story.

Xain903, congratulations on your approval! As soon as you are familiar with the goings on in the story thread, feel free to post your introductory post. :D

Sushi

Nah, that makes a lot of sense. Can I run a character by you though, so I can join up as soon as I'm approved?

EDIT: I am approved! :D
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

Congrats Sushi! Sure you can run a character by me, what's up?

Hunter Phoenix

Congrats on being approved Sushi :) welcome aboard, get that character up in here and then get on posting ;p haha
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sushi

Awesome, and thanks. Here's the character:

QuoteFran-102 "Sierra 102"
Callsign: "Valkyrie"
Physical: Slightly shorter than a typical S-2 - though considering, that's still well over two meters tall. Fit, strong, and slightly curvy. Normally quite fair-skinned, but pale from long periods of time in armor. She has short black hair and grey eyes.
Armor: MK V "Recon" chassis with "Para" kneepads and a CQC type helmet, enhanced with an improved military uplink system. All done in tan with black accents.

Backstory: Ever since the earliest days of training, "Fran 102" was a Spartan who was expected to become a top notch sniper. Calculating, perceptive and strong, it was a lack of patience for meticulous cleaning and relying on ideal conditions that turned her away from long-range rifle work. What she found instead was an excellence in anti-vehicle work, utilizing everything from Warthog mounted gauss guns to M19 and M41 missile launchers. She would make ambush spots in the most hard-to-reach positions and rip into the vulnerable tops and rear of covenant vehicles. Fran quickly earned the callsign "Valkyrie" for her distinctive fighting style, which at times looked like a timely strike from the heavens.

She is one of the quieter Spartans, speaking really only when someone else initiates conversation. Though this gives her an air of iciness and disdain, she's really one of the more casual soldiers around, listening to idle conversation and even mingling with Marines or Helljumpers without much concern.

Equipment:
M19 SSM
MA-5K
M6C
M9 Grenade
CQC WS Combat Knife

Compared to the M6D and full-size MA-5 rifles her fellow Spartans frequently carry, Fran opts for more compact, lightweight and mechanically reliable options: the M6C sidearm and MA-5K compact assault rifle. Though both weapons suffer from a shorter effective range, she never attempts to take down a target unless close enough to ensure a kill. Most of the time, she carries four pistol magazines and five rifle magazines.

The M19 SSM is more primitive than the M41 launcher, with it's sophisticated firing computer and anti-air capability, but a lighter and simpler package have endeared it to Francesa, who its become a trademark weapon for. She never packs the weapon without at least ten rockets, usually stored in a rucksack.

Other equipment includes a combat knife sheathed horizontally across the left side of her waist, a thigh holster for the M6C pistol and a standard-issue grenade container, containing a dozen M9 explosives on a thigh mount.

ashia starstreak

Spartans are usually 3.5 meters..almost 7ft tall to 8ft tall. Why so small Sushi?

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Gladiator0161

It looks good, I like it but, as Ashia pointed out, Spartans are genetically engineered to grow to heights exceeding 7 feet.

This is a Halo thread so, we're following this rule. Sorry, but, that's the way it is. Let me explain my reasoning. I'm following this rule because for 1, it's established cannon material, 2 it makes the Spartan's unique, and 3 it lends to the Spartans being legendary figures that supposedly never die.

So, please follow this rule.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit short today, it hasn't been a great day for me, and someone attempted to follow me home after work because I honked at them for being an idiot. Plus there are other issues on my mind at the moment. So, please forgive me if you felt I was rude.

Sushi

Ah. It's not a big deal, to be honest. So it's seven feet with MJORLNR armor?

Also, I edited the profile in that consideration, though I left it slightly generic (over two meters.)

Gladiator0161

Thanks Sushi, and again I apologize for being so short with you. Yes Spartans are seven feet tall without the armor, the armor only adds a couple of inches.

Thanks for making the changes. :)

Sushi

No biggie.

What sort of entrance makes sense? I was thinking she got separated during the drop and helped some Marines or Helljumpers fight off Covvie armor.

Gladiator0161

Sounds good to me, she could also be with the reinforcements the Hercules will be sending.

Sushi

Sorry about the delays, I'll have a post up tomorrow.

ashia starstreak

Nicely executed introduction, Sushi. Got me curious about your Spartan now.

Sushi

Thank you~

I'll put a conclusion on that little fight later.

Gladiator0161

TyKing

It was a great intro and I only have one small, very tiny, minute thing to point out. Marines never salute indoors or anywhere near a combat zone.

ashia starstreak

Really? Not even at base when reporting to their commanding officer?

TyKing

Quote from: ashia starstreak on May 11, 2012, 04:35:30 PM
Really? Not even at base when reporting to their commanding officer?

Not even then, they stand at attention and then if told to do so at parade rest ('at ease', 'as you were'). The reason for this is because tradition dictates when indoors all marines are 'uncovered' meaning they don't wear their hats ('covers' in marine jargon) inside a building. In a combat zone it's a dead giveaway who the important people are and the enemy will take advantage of that knowledge. In fact I think most militaries around the world train you not to salute in a combat zone.

Gladiator0161

That makes sense but, I would've thought they'd atleast salute inside their bases as well, not just at parades or something.

You know alot about the military life, are you by chance in the military? Or have a friend or relative that is?

Sushi

I guess I forgot about the combat rule when I wrote it.