New replies?

Started by Mithlomwen, July 27, 2010, 08:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

A bit of quirky thing this morning.  Normally when I reply to a topic, when I go back to the main board, it won't show as a new reply since I'm the one that made it.  This morning however, every board that I make a reply in, when I go back to the main forum page, it will indicate that a new reply has been made. (and it's the one that I made, rather than someone else) So I have to click on the thread twice in order for it to clear the 'new reply' from me out. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Soran

HHmm, that's odd. May I suggest you click on 'Mark all messages as read' on the botton right on the main board and see if it happens again? I should be replying to our story in an hour so you can see what happens.  :-)

Paradox

It's been doing that to me over the past couple of days as well. Not consistently, but occasionally.

It's happened before a few times over the past two years and usually goes away on its own (or with some intervention on Vekseid's part of which I was unaware).

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Mithlomwen

Yeah it seems to have stopped doing that for me as well. 

*eyes the forum suspiciously* 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

WyldRanger

On a related note, it seems that when I read a new post from the "Show new replies to your posts" page, it doesn't clear the "new" tag on the board itself. Quite odd.

Trieste

It doesn't always clear the new tag; if there are new posts that spill over into the next page, the forum won't consider it good and 'read' until you've clicked on the last page, too.

If marking everything read doesn't help, you can always try clearing cookies and restarting your browser.

Scott

Or, we can always blame Veks.

Will

Quote from: Xana on July 27, 2010, 11:52:10 AM
On a related note, it seems that when I read a new post from the "Show new replies to your posts" page, it doesn't clear the "new" tag on the board itself. Quite odd.

It does that to me too, always has.  Like, there will be a topic with a few new posts, and I'll read them from my "show new replies" page.  Then I'll go to that particular board, and the thread will still have a new tag.  And when I click on that new tag, it will take me to the same new posts I just read from "show new replies."

And that's even if it's all on the last page of the thread.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac