News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Total newbie looking for first time PbP!

Started by The Sparrower, July 25, 2012, 07:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sparrower

Hi! I am a long time tabletop and and computer RPG player who is looking to try out some online RP. I have never done this before, so I'm hesitant to start a story on my own. I would feel much more comfortable playing someone else's story, preferably with a PbP veteran or veterans. I'm really not picky, but I'll outline more or less what I'm looking for:

Number of Players
I am up for one-on-one or group, although as stated, I'm looking for someone who can show me the ropes. Is that you? :D

Setting
Fantasy is where my heart lives, but I'm also here to expand my borders. Science fiction, super heroes, zombie apocalypse, demons, regular people; hey, I have to try them all sometime :-)

Writing
Since I am new, I think I would like to play a story that you already have in mind. That being said, I understand the collaborative nature of storytelling in online roleplaying. I guess what I'm trying to say is, kickstarters welcome!

Well, that is everything I can think of. If you are interested in playing with me, please let me know what you have in mind! If you have any questions, need further details or would like to see writing samples, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for taking the time to help out a newbie. :-)

The Sparrower

Well, I've gotten a bit more comfortable with the idea of creating a plot, so I will lay out a couple and if you like any of them, let me know in this thread!

The Ghyllean Box (One-on-One, Group)
The Ghyllean Box is an ancient artifact found somewhere in the Atlantic ocean by a long-dead explorer. It's use is unknown, but it has some interesting carvings on it, and so it was placed in a museum and left to collect dust. One day, Jordan Harrison and a group of friends visits the museum. Jordan is particular taken with the mysterious stone box, and, interestingly enough, the box seems taken with him. On the way home, Jordan discovers that the box has somehow ended up in his pocket. That night, the friends gather around to open the box and see what lies inside. The box gives each member of the group strange visions that they do not yet understand, and it appears that they have begun to manifest powers. Their abilities make them into something more than human, but at what cost?

Castle Stonebones (One-on-One, Group)
Somewhere in the heart of the mountainous forests of Amoulva lies the fabled Castle Stonebones. It is rumored to be built upon a mining shaft the goes straight down into the heart of the earth, and the miners found something down in the bowels of the world that should have been left undisturbed. Castle Stonebones was built to keep whatever it was locked tight. But travelers from Amoulva are whispering that the forest has been touched by the hand of evil, and that the magic wards that protect the castle walls are wearing thin.

enchantingone

Ghyllean Box  sounds like an interesting plot.