Interest Check: The Island (Plane Crash RP)

Started by TheWizardofOz, March 31, 2013, 11:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElCapitan

A template is up in the first post.  I like the limit on 'survivalist' characters.  More interesting if everyone isn't stone cold badass.  Though Dash may want to play an aviation engineer.

Potential other roles on a desert island?  Hunters, fishers, scavengers, builders, explorers, and likely a high demand for therapists.

Miss Red

*Slowly raises hand*

I'm interested, if you're not full yet. I couldn't really see if you had a limit or not, but judging on the fact that there are (possibly) thirteen players...
"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

Tamhansen

well 13 is an unlucky number so one more... :D
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Miss Red

Thanks.  :D

And thirteen is an uneven number as well...  ;)
"My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists." - Jean Rostand

101 Excuses (A/A)

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Tamhansen

Name: Marcos 'Don Leon' Leonidas
Played by: Katataban
Age and Birthdate: 31 Born on May 21st
Height and Weight: 6'6" 183 Lbs
Sexual Orientation: Straight but I might be willing to experiment

Background: Marcos was born to old money, well as far as you can call money old in Argentina. His family made it through revolutions, juntas and national bankruptcies, thriving and getting richer all the time. Marcos is currently the head of the family's business empire, and spends all his time traveling the globe, networking, making deals and most importantly partying. He never got around to marrying, and spends most of his time with beautiful flings.
Other: Marcos is athletically built, but has never worked a day in his life.

ons and offs

Tamhansen

Quote from: Miss Red on April 14, 2013, 09:52:03 AM
Thanks.  :D

And thirteen is an uneven number as well...  ;)

Excellent point ;)
ons and offs

Miss Red

Name: Danielle "Dani" Hawkes
Played by: Miss Red
Age and Birthdate: 26, born on April 1st
Height and Weight: 5'8"
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, but can lean towards one side more the other.

Background: Dani didn't grow up poor, nor did she grow up wealthy. Her family was a healthy, everyday middle-class one with five children, two of whom already left the house by the time she was twelve. The other two were younger then her, and constantly got into trouble, which only made Dani's life harder, given the fact that both parents were atypically working over time in the clinic or ER. Following her mother and father's footsteps, she attended medical college when she was nineteen, and earned a doctorate in medicine. However, in her fifth year of college, she became pregnant through her boyfriend, but continued to attend classes until she was forced into bed-rest. Sadly, she had a miscarriage and the child, a little girl, died. For a while she had severe depression, but remained determined to earn her degree; her resolve to help others strengthened. After graduating, she became an intern at a hospital in California. 

Other: Dani occasionally has nightmares, but otherwise openly shows no other signs of her former depression. She hates to show any sign of weakness, physical or emotional, and is snarky to everyone except when treating a patient or with a child, which then she acts kind. However, being concise doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't care.

101 Excuses (A/A)

Miss Red

Quote from: arydanilov on April 15, 2013, 12:28:31 AM
How about I start a CS Thread where we can keep them?

If you do, make sure to mention it in the first post, and/or a post in this thread in big, bold letters so people see. I suppose I'll move my CS to the thread if you create one?  :-)

101 Excuses (A/A)

RedEve

Already sent to the GM, but thought it worthwhile to post here as well?

Name: Emily Pollock
Played by: RedEve
Age and Birthdate: 25, born on August 16th 1987
Height and Weight: 5’9 and 140 lbs
Sexual Orientation: Straight, though she did dabble in some lesbian loving during her college years

Background: Emily comes from a well-off family. Her father owned a mid-sized construction company, her mother is a pediatrician. She and her two siblings (older brother Matt, younger sister Sofie) never lacked anything growing up and were given all the opportunities to shine. Emily was a mediocre student in HS, though she did excel as a champion swimmer on the swim team and made it to cheerleading captain in her senior year. She managed to get into UCLA, but dropped out in her sophomore year, much to her parents chagrin. The reason for this was the success of her little career as a bikini model. Her parents are wise enough to see the limitations in this endeavor, but Emily reached a high enough level to comfortably live off the money she made from doing beachside shoots all over the world. The fact that bikini models have a limited shelf life and she is already getting up there after five years on the carousel is something she tries to ignore. She has had several boyfriends since dropping out of college, most of them related to her job somehow (photographers, casting agents, …). None of them lasted very long, since Emily does not want to be held down by any one person. She is on the crashed flight on her way back from doing a shoot.
Other: Emily does not have any specific skills that might help her on the island other than her swimming prowess. Unless looking good in a bikini is a worthwhile skill. ;)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RedEve

Toggle

I'll express interest, just in case a slot opens up!

Dashenka

Help! I don't know which character to play.

Russian, English or Arabic? I let you guys decide :D
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

RedEve

MasterOfMyFate

Russian sounds amazing right about now. :)
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

TheWizardofOz

Quote from: Dashenka on April 16, 2013, 01:34:09 PM
Help! I don't know which character to play.

Russian, English or Arabic? I let you guys decide :D

Since I'm Russian, I'm gonna go with that as well :P

Sasha

TheWizardofOz

Quote from: Sasha on April 16, 2013, 07:31:04 PM
This sounds interesting ....

We've already got enough people so we're not taking in anyone else, but I'll let you know if anyone pulls out or anything like that :)

Dashenka

Quote from: arydanilov on April 16, 2013, 06:03:46 PM
Since I'm Russian, I'm gonna go with that as well :P

I know you are. Your name is Russian. Which is why I clicked on this thread in the first place :P
Where were you born?

Okay, Russian it is :D

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

RedEve

We supposedly had 14 players who had committed, yet we still only have five character sheets in the dedicated thread.
Does this mean the other nine have cooled their interest?

Hellis

I'd be intersted in joining. The characters so far are all rather nice and the premise is a classic.

Toggle

TheWizardofOz

Quote from: RedEve on April 17, 2013, 03:11:54 AM
We supposedly had 14 players who had committed, yet we still only have five character sheets in the dedicated thread.
Does this mean the other nine have cooled their interest?

It was 15, not 14 - I didn't include myself. 2 have pulled out, 9 have confirmed their interest (including me) and the other 4 said they'll put up CS's soon.

TheWizardofOz

Quote from: Toggle on April 17, 2013, 03:19:01 AM
Still have interest in this!

I mentioned that we already stopped taking in more people before you showed interest. I'll let you know if a spot opens up.