Caravanserai [Boutique Shops]

Started by Flower, July 08, 2018, 12:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Buy clothes, gifts, or whatever at these little shops!

Game Time: July 1, 2025 to July 11, 2025

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b] Your character's name goes here.
[b]Date | Time:[/b] What day and time does your scene take place?
[b]Wearing:[/b] You can either link a picture of what your character is wearing or describe it in words.
[b]Location:[/b] Where is your character located in the hotel?
[b]Tagging:[/b] Who is your character talking to at the moment? Feel free to include if they are mentioning someone. Also mention if your scene is open or closed.[hr]

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Date | Time: June 6th 2020, late morning/mid-day
Wearing: teal cover-up, floppy hat and pink paisley bikini
Tagging: Ezekiel Cummings NPC

Breezy wanted to take a few laps in the pool and try out the swim-up bar that the roof pool was blessed with. They have it all here! Her thoughts swam with all the options she had before the sun dipped down low enough for her to peer through the nearby telescopes at the stars. But her skin started to tingle and warm like it did when she was just about to start burning. Enough sun exposure for one day, Breezy decided to scoop up her things and head back to her room.

When she arrived, she found a lovely card under the door indicating that the hotel would be hosting a grand masquerade. How fancy! Not sure if she had anything appropriate to wear, Breezy remembered wandering by a small shop that had some clothes for sale. Perhaps they had a dress and something akin to a mask. Why would they hold an event and not cater to it, right? She dropped off her things, and without bothering to change, she headed down the elevators to the floor she had remembered the shop was on.

Walking through Bits and Bobs, she was amazed. They had everything! From frozen snacks to aloe vera to pet food to an expansive dress and tuxedo selection. Even masks! Breezy spent quite a long time to walking about feeling like a kid in a candy store. Also, the store had candy, lots of candy. She would put some gummy bears to stash in her black clutch purse - the one thing she did own that was appropriate for the party. She ran her fingers along all the hangers in the dress section and just started to browse. They had all kinds of dresses in many sizes and colors. Some were beautifully ornate, and others were scandalously short and sheer. She finally settled on a little black strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline with just the right amount of ruffle. When trying it one on it fell to right at her mid-calf. A pair of black pumps and a choker necklace made the outfit. Now for a mask - there was equally an expansive collection, but one black mask with sheer edges was just right to frame her olive green colored eyes.

Ladened with dress, shoes, mask, jewelry, and gummy bears - Breezy went to find the owner of the establishment. "Hello, sir." As the man turned, having been preoccupied with something he was tinkering with, she took a breath. Wow, he is as eclectic as his shop!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Flower

Name:  Ezekiel Cummings
Wearing:  As Pictured
Tagging: Brielle "Breezy" Garin

Ezekiel emerged from the back of the store in the nick of time to greet a rather beautiful young woman with a stunning mane of red hair. She looked like a mermaid who had just emerged from the gentle waves of the sea with nothing but a thin cover up and scent of the pool clinging to her tanned skin.

“Bonjour mademoiselle,” he greeted with an unmistakable French accent adorning his voice. “Forgive me for not noticing your presence sooner. Had I known you were here I would have rushed from my work in the back to help you find the perfect assemble for tonight’s ball.” At the mention of his distraction, he waved his hand dismissively, showing that it meant little when compared with the chance to interact with a customer.

Curious, he peered at the mask in her hand.

“Ah,” Ezekiel exclaimed as he reached for her selections, “You are a woman of fine tastes. You’ve chosen Oltuna. I made her myself.” He beamed with obvious pride at that remark. “The material is like...a summer breeze. It is kind to your skin. You will not itch or anything like that, mademoiselle. This is my sworn promise or you can return her tomorrow! No questions asked! Now I see you have mask. You have dress. You have candy. You are missing something though. What jewelry will you wear? You must have a necklace, mademoiselle. Come, come. Let me show you some pieces over here." He motioned for her to leave the rest at the counter as he headed over to the jewelry display case. "Now that dress...it creates a canvas here." He motioned to the area above her breasts with a flourish of his hand. "We must not leave it blank. What do you think of that necklace?" He pointed to one he thought would complement her features and dress.

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Wearing: teal cover-up, floppy hat and pink paisley bikini
Tagging: Ezekiel Cummings, closed

Breezy greeted the boutique owner with a smile and a bow of her head that was both a 'hello' and a 'don't worry about it' gesture for him being busy instead of helping her. He seemed to care about his wares and his customers genuinely. That made a swell of gratitude fill her soul like the sweetest, summer breeze. "Oh, please, don't mention it. I enjoyed browsing your shop and looking at all the beautiful things you have."

She looked down at the bevy of treasures she found in his shop and was for a moment confused when he mentioned a name. "Oltuna? Oh! The mask - yes she is gorgeous!" She felt special, getting to wear a hand-made piece that held so much of his regard. Though she did realize that all the masks that were on display were given the similar amount of care and attention. Still, Breezy was beaming with a happy smile that said she was glad she had stopped by before going to the masquerade.

And yet, there was more. "A necklace? Oh, of course." She dutifully set down her things and headed with the older gentleman to a case of pretty jewelry. He waved towards her collar, and suddenly Breezy felt a little underdressed in her bathing suit and cover-up. Not because he would judge her - no, certainly not as he did work in a resort hotel; but that she wished to live up to the standard of being called a 'canvas' for a piece of beautiful jewelry. He then guided her attention to an ornate silver necklace with a stunning tiger striped blue gem. "Oh my, sir, that is gorgeous. I would love to wear it."

Almost bouncing back to the counter she finished up her transaction with him, Breezy was sure to show her guest card so her things could be added to the tab attached to her account. "Thank you, sir, for your lovely selection and your suggestion." She put a hand to her throat where she had put on the necklace. She couldn't wait another minute to wear it. "Now I'm sure to have a great time tonight." She took her bags and waved goodbye to the man.

It was a quick trip back to her room to change and gussy up. Next stop, the masquerade ball.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Strega

Name: Rafaela Camerino
Date | Time: June 7th | Morning
Wearing: As depicted
Location: Sitting on a lobby chair | Heading towards Bits 'n' Bobs
Tagging: Open Mentioning: Sebastian, Reese

Rafaela felt rather uninterested while browsing the pamphlet that lovely Reese had given her earlier, but after casually taking a look at it, she noticed something that triggered her curiosity. Bit and Bobs, Caravanserai's very special shop with merchandise that promised to satisfy the needs of even the most demanding of the Caravan's vacationers. Well, that certainly sounded delightful, it deserved a chance.

She got up with the pamphlet and her fan in her hand, attempting to ask the blonde receptionist regarding the location of Bit and Bobs, when she noticed a man already at the counter in front of Reese gulping water down with an almost insatiable need. She could not see his face from that angle, yet everything from his haircut to his trainers indicated that he was very young. She decided not to bother Reese with any more questions from her side and made her way to find Bit and Bobs on her own, it would be a nice opportunity to make a tour around the majestic edifice.

Her wander eventually led her where the store was. Almost like each turn and hallway were designed to meet at the very end, where Bits and Bobs was located.  She marveled at the minimalist decor and the earthy colors of the shop that were harmoniously contrasting with the pure white of the walls. There were items for various needs, from toothpastes to laborious jewellery boxes, yet everything very eclectic and most of them handmade.

She graciously stepped on the Persian rug that was adorning the light grey marble floor and headed for the counter with confident steps, as well as with a vague and reserved smile on her face. 

Flower

Date | Time: June 7 2020, Morning
Tagging: Rafaela Camerino 

The cheery hum of ‘Silver Bells’ could be heard upon closer approach to the front portion of Bits and Bobs. There, its whimsical owner, Ezekial Cummings, sat with his feet resting upon the countertop. He appeared deep in thought, too concentrated upon the misshapen piece of wood held in his hands, to notice the presence of another human being in his midst.

His choice of attire was well-made and yet unkempt in its display. It was not intentional, on his part. However, as each hour howled by, Ezekiel spared less time to the illusion of perfection. Once styled hair suffered the harassment of fingers. His white dress shirt escaped from his pants.

In addition to the gift of song, the scent of flavored smoke layered the air. Its source was laid upon the counter, forgotten by its owner.

Only after a minute or two did Ezekiel notice his newest visitor. He offered a nod of acknowledgement, a silent request for patience, as he did not put down the whittling knife. He almost had the woodland creature’s eye right and did not wish to lose momentum. And yet, it was gone; extinguished at the small disruption with the ease of candlelight left in strong winds. He huffed in annoyance and set the wooden bird down as he at last gave his full attention to the once performer.

“Ms. Camerino,” Ezekiel greeted as he set his feet back onto the floor and rose onto his feet. He extended his hand for hers. If allowed, he would adorn the back of her hand with a brief kiss. “You honor my humble shop with your presence. What brings you here?”

Strega

Tagging: Ezekiel Cummings | Open

Rafaela was heading towards the counter, while her eyes browsed the inside of the shop and the carefully and tastefully arranged merchandise on the wooden shelves. She was a little surprised to see the white-haired man at the counter, who was probably working on something - she could not be sure from that angle she was staring at - or just sunk into deep thinking, with his feet on the counter. Yet, she did not show. Instead, she "combed" the man probingly, with her usual uninterested stare.

He seemed to notice her after a few minutes, yet he did not stop engaging into.. whatever he was doing immediately, but rather took his own sweet time before offering his full attention to her, setting his feet on the ground and standing up to offer her his hand and complimenting her.

Rafaela's blasé expression was always there when she elegantly offered her hand for him to kiss, but a small smile appeared as well as a courtesy to his kindness.

"Your kind words flatter me, signore..."
, her voice trailed away, indicating her desire to know the man's name as well, since he addressed her using hers.

"The description of your shop on the hotel's pamphlet intrigued me. Would you mind if I browsed around a little ?"

Flower

“As they should,” Ezekiel said, warm breath brushing against her skin, before he straightened to his full height. “The day my words have little effect on a woman is the day I shall commence with the digging of my grave.” Laughter was audible in his tone though he did not release it. Instead, he regarded her with an intense gaze as if trying to unearth some secret from the portal of her gaze. “But I promise you, madam, my words are not hollow shells. I am pleased. No! I am delighted at this opportunity! It is rare I get to the chance to display my creations to a woman of your repute.”

He did love a challenge. Already, his mind was churning with what gift he could impart to her. What could he provide to a woman who had lost so much? Ezekiel was well aware that failure might be his result. Ms. Camerino was not an easy woman to please, at least according to some articles. He was not bothered at all by her lack of enthusiasm in regards to him. He had enough passion and excitement to compensate for her lack of it.

“Please,” he encouraged as he stepped from behind the counter. Extending his arm towards her, he continued, “Allow me to show you some of my finest pieces. No need for you to become lost among the toothpaste collection. I complained and complained to Coral that the addition of such items diminished the feel of my shop but she stood firm in their inclusion.” Only then did he remember to supply his name. “Oh. I am Ezekiel Cummings; more tinkerer than man these days.” 

Strega

Tagging: Ezekiel Cummings | Open

"My dearest friend Coral had always been practical, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that toothpaste was the least of her demands regarding your fine shop's stock, signore Cummings."

Rafaela rejoiced with the air of confidence Ezekiel was emitting. Judging by the fine and tasteful collection of nearly everything that she could imagine needing, she was certain that right in front of her, there was a man willing to please even the most demanding of customer.

"Signore Cummings, would you be so kind as to wrap your most exquisite toothpaste and have it delivered to my friend, Coral? She is too busy to meet me but I am sure this little gift will make her happy. And us two happier.", she smiled to Ezekiel, a little surprised herself by the little spring of humor.

"As for me, signore Cummings, I have two requests. I have a beloved niece, but.. circumstances drew me away from her for years. But I still remember everything she loved. One of her most beloved treasures were some small wind chimes, hanging on top of her window. I would really love to gift her the most melodious wind chimes you could probably make for me, if you would be so kind and if it isn't too much to ask."

Her mind and gaze wandered a little, memories and sweet nostalgia storming up.

"As for me.. I would really like a pair of earrings. I am afraid I did not bring any fine piece of jewellery with me. I am certain and confident that you will have something dashing to present me."

Flower

“I like you.” He emphasized the term ‘you’ as he stared down at her, obvious laughter glimmering in his eyes. Of no doubt, Ezekiel was a fan of her artistry but the jury was still out on how he felt about her as a person. At this rate, the verdict would be a favorable one. “You have mettle . It’s a rare trait nowadays; people are so afraid of each other.”

Such a revelation made it all the more believable that Coral and she developed a friendship. He imagined there’d been some hiccups along the way as both were strong willed women. At her declaration, the shopkeeper offered a boyish grin.

“Yes,” he said with obvious pride as memories flooded his mind. “I’ve battled many times with that old shrew.”

He met Coral sometime ago. She had been on the hunt for a unique gift for her husband. His quirky shop stood apart from the rest. He must have impressed her since years later she came back with a proposition. At first, Ezekiel thought she meant to seduce him. She wiped such from his mind when she presented him with her plan, etched out in documents and diagrams. He told her to bugger off; Coral slapped him across the face...so began their negotiations.

“Ah yes,” he said with a conspiratory chuckle. “I will do it with delight, madame. I’ll include some mouthwash as well. She’ll reek of mint.” His amusement slipped away when Rafaela revealed that Coral had not seen her yet. “Nonsense!” His temper flared, skin flushed bright with anger for her. “You should bang down her door! You traveled all this way, after all. Surely there is time for tea and a puff of a cigar!”

His temper did not vanish altogether but neither did not blaze as fierce upon being distracted with the task of finding not one but two gifts. Ezekiel furrowed his thick eyebrows together.

“Ms. Rafaela, you must be more assertive with your love. If you continue this way, I fear your life will be a lonely one. I do hope you will deliver my gift to your sweet niece in person rather than through the mail. Gifts are a shabby substitute for the person sending them.”

He led her through the various aisle of the shop, step determined as he knew every nook and cranny. There were endless items intended to catch one’s eye, from handmade vases to relics saved from a life upon the shelves of a thrift store. Ezekiel’s obsession knew no bounds; as such, he did not fear his inability to accommodate her request. He stopped in front of his jewelry, roaming a critical eye over each piece. Finally, he picked up a pair and held it nearby her ear. He made a clicking sound with his tongue before putting them down and picking up another.

These are yours,” he said, offering them to her. “As to the wind chimes, how long will you be here? I’d like to craft something special for your niece but I require time.”

RedPhoenix

Continued from Suites

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: 14th, 1 PM
Wearing: Casual Sexy
Tagging: Open!

"You get used to them." Becky said easily. "As long as you aren't on your feet all day it's pretty much fine. They're not exactly walking shoes." She laughed.

A few moments later they had gone down in the nice big elevator and reached the shops, coming to Bits and Bobs.

"Hey!" Becky waved to the attendant. "I just sent down a few things we're looking at did you get it?" The attendant nodded and ushered the women in, where the yellow dresses that Becky had found were being laid out for the women to inspect.

"This place has such great service." Becky said, smiling down at the options. "What do you think Elizabeth?"
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth
Wearing: five foot five tall walking staff,  blue long sleeve shirt, jeans. Not carrying the camera or sketchpad, for once. Though the shirt actually has a small groove where the camera strap always rested
Tagging: Becky, open.

I look around the store curiously, not quite having made it here before now. "Everything has great service here...  Except maybe the masseuse... Don't ask.

Oh, hey, how.... How do they fit so much stuff in here? A TARDIS? let's see what we've got..."

Elizabeth limps over to the table of yellow dresses.

"Some good choices... Let me know what I should try on, please, Becky."

https://www.miagal.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x800/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/po16033po1765-1.jpg

https://cdn1.ninecolours.com/image/cache/products/Youdesign-Art-Silk-Party-Wear-Gown-In-Yellow-Colour-YD2670368-A-1200x1799.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0286/6306/products/saved_jc-3_BLUR_2_-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1549032980

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BjZwitGfL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

(All sfw)

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Elizabeth

Becky looked over the selection. "Oooh I really like this first one. And it even comes to the floor just like you wanted!" The second one she made a face and shook her head. "No, you'll look like a wicked stepsister." The third one she regarded for a moment. "It's really nice but it's a bit too formal. I don't think you'll look very approachable in this. People will like, think they can't step into the orbit of it or something. Yeah, it's nice but not right for the party." She smiled at the last one. "It's cute! A little pollyanna though." She thought for a moment, looking over them.

"The first one." She tapped it. "I definitely think this one is the best!" She picked it off the mannequin it hung in front of and held it out for Elizabeth to take. "Go try it on!"

Elizabeth Ecsed

Wearing: five foot five tall walking staff,  blue long sleeve shirt, jeans. Not carrying the camera or sketchpad, for once. Though the shirt actually has a small groove where the camera strap always rested

I laugh hard at 'wicked stepsister'

"Oh, but Becky, that's the exact look I want!"

I take the first dress hesitantly, holding it up "are you sure  sure that I won't look like a banana in this? It's pretty, but.... So... Yellow."

I shrug, limping into the dressing room. "Fuckit. Carpe noctum. At least most of y'all are strangers..... And I can blackmail Apollo into silence."

After a few minutes, I come back out, making a slow, seven point turn 'twirl' and look up at you anxiously

RedPhoenix

Becky laughed and rolled her eyes as Elizabeth announced she wanted to be seen as an evil step-sister. "Oh just cover that with your personality." She said with a familiar warmth that lacked any real bite.

Becky's eyes lit up as Elizabeth came out. "Yeah!" She said, in mock cat-calling, eyes lighting up as she took Elizabeth in in the tight dress. "Yes, oh yes." She clapped her hands together happily. "This is definitely a winner!"

Elizabeth Ecsed

"Awww thanks Becky. That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me"

I grin, Aries self-assuredness out in force for the banter. Though it's probably bravado... Yellow is not my friend.

Your reaction, however, alleviates a lot of concerns. "Hmm. Well, thank you."

I give a little curtesy, sliding down the staff and then using it to get back up.

"What about jewlery? I should wear my hair up, right? And do you think decorating the staff is the right way to go? I really appreciate your help. Thank you"

RedPhoenix

Becky watched Elizabeth's unique curtsey, leaning on her staff and sliding down it to do so, with an impressed grin. It was cool and stylish, Becky dug it.

"Hmmmm." Becky pondered the next question. "White and silver, or maybe earth tone beads." Becky commented for the jewelry. "I like the idea of earth tones to sort of anchor all this color." She motioned towards Elizabeth's bright dress and hair. "Or you could go for the white and silver and really look like an angel. Your call." Becky started to idly gather some options from what the helpful attendants were gathering. "Wow this place is great."

"And for the staff, yes, maybe some ribbons trailing from the top of it?" She thought for a moment, "Maybe a ribbon sort of twirled around it too? All matching the dress of course!"

Elizabeth Ecsed

It's too bad FrequentlyDrunkBecky is so opposite of what I'm looking for, because SoberBecky is a really cool lady. Oh well, such is life.

"An angel, huh? Insert joke about young Anakin Skywalker."

I look over the first batch of jewlery, seeing some pretty things, but deferring to Becky's judgement

https://media.tiffany.com/is/image/Tiffany/EcomItemL/pear-shaped-diamond-necklace-28800711_909501_ED.jpg?&op_usm=1.0,1.0,6.0&$cropN=%3CMediaCrop%3E&defaultImage=NoImageAvailableInternal&&&fit=constrain,1

https://30d01f9adcdd9ca8bb29-e7821b1789d66a252f67999ba68e5823.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/pear-shape-drop-leaf-diamond-necklace-for-women-with-aquamarine-in-14K-rose-gold-FDNK8196GAQ-NL-RG.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0060/5687/0003/products/tiffany-co-diamond-trellis-necklace-cut-round-brilliant-featured-jewelry-designers-necklaces-pendants-vendor-unknown-shreve-crump-low_637_540x.jpg?v=1547825652

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzL7us36DbiJz5eeTY2iD2xN5VJUrY7ZFZv-7j9M0to-soQuOyc3FKQHClnpvpHArtb4BEVSiu&usqp=CAE

https://media.kohlsimg.com/is/image/kohls/2296602?wid=240&hei=240&op_sharpen=1

https://www.qpjewellers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/m/emerald-and-diamond-vine-branch-pendant-necklace-in-gold-4273ya.jpg

RedPhoenix

Becky let her fingers slide above the various beautiful jewelry. "Wow they have some incredible stuff here." She was quite impressed by the quality of the shiny gems and necklaces she saw.

"Well they're all gorgeous but," she grinned, "I say either of these with the green pendant." The twinkle in her eye said it was more than just for fashion, that the little bit of green would give people hope.

Elizabeth Ecsed

I nod in agreement. "Some of these are exquisite. I'm glad they didn't put prices on any of this, and I can just charge it to the expense account I got as part of my vacation winning deal."

I hold up the last necklace, the delicate chain supporting a large emerald. "Cuz I'm pretty sure that this costs more than my car. But I love it, don't you?"

(I'm not sure if we need to do anything else here; if you want to, of course we can. Ty!)

RedPhoenix

"It'll look great on you!" Becky agreed, giving her friend a gentle hug. "Can't wait to see you in it at the party!"

A few more things were picked out, but mostly the work was done and after awhile Becky returned to her room to resume picking out her own outfit.

End Scene! Thank you! <3