You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 18, 2018, 05:25:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

"Auction Story: The Intern" [BON-H]
Congratulations KatKwik & Geraint for completing your RP!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Caravanserai, A Mentor Project [Main Thread]  (Read 6893 times)

Offline Loiosh

• Picker || Grinner || Lover || Sinner
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • If I had two dead teckla, I'd give you one.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Caravanserai, A Mentor Project [Main Thread]
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2018, 12:01:26 PM »
Name: Ryo Kang-Dae
Date | Time: 7 June 2020 | Morning
Wearing: As pictured
Tagging: Katrina  / Bartender / Open

Ryo’s second drink arrived as Käti ordered and he took a sip.  A pleasant warm full feeling was rising up from his stomach as he nibble at the toast and bowl of fruit.  He felt separated from the journey now.  He felt like he should be tired but the dust, thirst and hunger were fading into not quite a memory and he felt ready for anything.  He felt himself very much in the present in a way he had not since he started his travels.

“That sounds wonderful,” he said cheerfully.  “I arrived rather early and did not get a good look at the grounds.”  He took another drink and studied his companion.  She reminded him a bit of a girl from his social circle back in LA who was always proposing fun, strange activities to go do.  Ryo has usually tried to demur, feeing out of place in Southern California and unsure of new experiences but she was the type that usually got her way. 

Ryo chuckled, remembering a particular weekend the group of them went hiking in Sequoia National Park.  He had never really been outside much back home and never away from a city.  He remembered the awe and the utter sense of both isolation and connection.  It was the beginning of what wold turn into full bore wanderlust as he looked forward to each weekend to see what Lina had in store next. 

Käti seemed to have that same kind of energy and Ryo felt an overwhelming urge to wrap himself up in it.  He finished his second drink and popped a last bit of melon into his mouth.

“Where are you from, if I may ask?”

Offline Jaclyn

« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2018, 01:12:13 PM »
Name: Katrina “Käti” von Roissy
Date | Time: June 7th, morning
Wearing: This cool outfit.
Tagging: Bartender Brandon Murphy, Ryo Kang-Dae, Open
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

… and good, he’s agreeable to roaming around outside … my fresh drink arrives … take a sip and turn back to my companion …

  “So where are you from? And what brings you out here to the middle of the worlds biggest sandbox?”

… take the last bite I want of the eggs … yummy but too much …

Online Strega

« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2018, 05:29:20 PM »
Name: Rafaela Camerino
Date | Time: June 7th 2020 | Morning
Wearing: As depicted
Tagging: Reese / Felix / Open

Rafaela had left the pamphlet aside and took her fan out not because she was still displeased with the way she was handled by the front desk employee, but more because of the out of place man that was standing there talking to the receptionist. She could vaguely hear their conversation but she had seen the woman's discomfort and the desperate tone in the man's voice.

There was something intriguing about him now that she could examine him from this small distance, but she could not tell. She thought she heard the man asking for a job. She stopped fanning and called for the man.

Excuse me, young man! Would you please come here for a while?

Offline FlowerTopic starter

• Rumple || Critter || Hyacinth Forever Dancing
  • Mentor
  • Carnite
  • Let the Music Play || You Can Dance If You Want To
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2018, 10:29:45 PM »
Name: Reese Leavenworth
Wearing: This
Tagging:  Felix

Reese pressed down her inner worries about being bitched out by her supervisors. If her assumptions were correct, Ms. Camerino was either a business partner or close friend of one of the hotel’s owners.

Yet, what was she supposed to do? Ignore the person she had been helping just because the woman strolled up and demanded her attention. No; not today or any day for that matter. He’d been patient enough to wait his turn while Reese assisted the woman in checking into the hotel. She could exercise the same courtesy to him.

Reese was even more perplexed about the young man’s presence when he proceeded to explain his previous experience. Had he really traveled through in search of a job? It was a rather reckless decision, one that spoke of his desperation...or foolishness.

“Not all signs are good ones,” Reese whispered, sympathy coloring her tone. “Look I can speak to my supervisor about you but I make no guarantees. Just sit over there.” She pointed to some of the chairs in the lobby. “Let me see if I can reach anyone.”

Just then, Reese picked up the phone and dialed her supervisor’s number, hoping they’d answer to take this situation out of her hands.

Offline Loiosh

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2018, 02:27:01 PM »
Tagging: Katrina  / Open

“I’m from Seoul,” Ryo said.  “Originally that is.  I haven’t been back in a couple of years, though.  I was going to school in Los Angeles until…”  Ryo stared off toward the mirror behind the bar and saw his mouth hanging open, wondering how to complete the sentence.  He coughed to cover his hesitation and took another big swallow of his drink.  He returned his attention to Käti.

“Sorry,” he said with an embarrassed smile that felt a little too forced but the feeling quickly passed.  Other than that topic he was enjoying talking about himself to an interested listener.  “I decided to get a more worldly education and travel around a bit.  This…” he gestured expansively at the lavish surroundings, “is something of a graduation present to myself before I go back home.  I thought I would find something as far from the big city as I could.”

Ryo finished his drink and debated ordering another.  There was a pleasant buzz going and he felt more relaxed than he had in a long time.  One more maybe.  Probably shouldn't, though.  He hadn't had much alcohol since he left LA and he had not had tons of tolerance for it even then.  Ryo watched his hand signal again the bartender as if tired of waiting for the internal argument to conclude.

"And you," he said with a grin.  "What brings you to the middle of the desert?"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:28:15 PM by Loiosh »

Offline Jaclyn

« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2018, 07:15:03 PM »

… so Korean …  Käti knew Pacific rim but his English had only a small hint that it was his second language … and he’s unable or unwilling to share something … not that it matters … maybe he fled … not unlike what Käti had done … but that’s her whole life … he asks why she’s here …

  “Gotta get away, y’know. I was in Monaco and it was boring so I flipped a coin between here and Seychelles. Or maybe it was the Maldives, I don’t remember. I’ll gp to one of those next. Monaco was race car drivers and catty women and too much blow.”

… she thinks a moment …

  “Blow. Nose candy. Cocaine. And other shit. People so bored that they don’t even try to wake up until they get their first line. Not that I mind, y’know. But too much all the time is, well, too much. So I take time away from all that and do nature. Or whatever that is out there. all that sand and more sand and more sand. I took the long way here, on a camel. I was able to detox on the way and now it’s just booze which I can handle.”

… she signals the bartender for another … her last for a while … thinks about what to wear for the walk … remembers the desert gear that Fatima insisted she get … so that for outerwear and the desert boots … those were great on the sand though hot … and a day pack with water …

Offline forestfire

« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2018, 12:48:48 PM »
Name: Felix Vernick
Date | Time: June 7th | Morning
Wearing: A black t-shirt, beige cargo shorts, and Birkenstock sandals
Tagging: Reese, Rafaela, Open

Felix smiled and thanked the receptionist with a small bow. He knew it had been a risk, coming here with nothing but the clothes on his back. Or in Felix's case, in his backpack. You don't have a lot of options when your parents kick you out and you don't really have that many friends whose couches you can sleep on. So here he was.

Someone addressed him and he turned around. It was that woman again. If Felix had paid attention, he might have caught her name when she was talking with the receptionist the first time. Alas, no such luck. He shot the receptionist a look over his shoulder, seeing she was already on the phone with someone, and returned his gaze to the exotic woman. Armed with a weak smile, he walked towards her, stopping at an appropriate distance and didn't sit down. It felt wrong to do so in her presence.

"Hi," he said, not knowing what else to say.

Online Strega

« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2018, 06:43:14 AM »
Name: Rafaela Camerino
Wearing: As depicted
Tagging:  Felix / Open

The man walked towards her, his discomfort obvious, yet Rafaela was looking at him in a dream-like state, like she wasn't actually looking at the person himself, but more like the aura he emanated. He moved closer to her, greeting her. Rafaela was staring at him for a while, making the man feeling probably like running away somewhere safe.

Rafaela took her time examining the man's face, her elaborate fan pressed on her chin. She got got up slowly and moved closer to him. She lightly lifted the man's chin with her hand, her face still cryptic. Come with me caro mio, she suggested, without really waiting for an answer, her tone imperious but not obviously commanding.

And tell me your story, she added already strolling away, expecting from the man to follow her.

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2018, 02:43:25 PM »
Date | Time: June 7th 2020 | 10:30-ish
Tagging:  Joseph

Reese knew her new job would be a demanding one. Unlike other people, she could not head home for some rest and relaxation after a long day’s work. She lived here at the hotel as well. Her co-workers were her friends and so forth. There was not much escape from it. Sure, she could engage in escape via book or a DVD (streaming wasn’t an option) but it was not the same.

A lot of people would not understand why she was not awed by her surroundings. They often commented on how lucky she was to work at such a fantastic hotel. Reese did not count herself unfortunate, by any means. Yet, at the same time, neither was she happy like how she’d been back when travel was her primary purpose in life, even if that was done with what was now a cheating ex-husband.

Reese spent most of her morning at the front desk. It was quite busy as many new guest checked into their rooms along with people who asked her questions, either over the phone or in person.

Soon enough, a break was necessary since Reese felt the natural urge to relieve herself. All of those drinks of coffee were undoubtedly the cause. Someone came to look after the front desk in her absence while she made her way to the restroom. Afterwards, she lingered a bit in the halls before deciding to make her way back. It wasn't fair to make someone else do her job for the day.

“Hey!” She said with a friendly wave of her hand. “I can’t remember if I said it but thank you again for such a great show. I didn't catch your name last night. I highly doubt it's Phantom...although there are some weird names these days.”
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:41:39 PM by Flower »

Offline Levi

« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2018, 02:47:41 PM »
Name: Lalita Cheema
Date | Time: June 7th 2020,  Late Morning
Wearing: green sari
Tagging: open

Brandon was busy and didn't seem to have time to respond to the dark haired woman's quiet question. Lalita smiled oh well, he seems to have things in hand she thought to herself. Very much used to helping around the house at home a day of rest for the young woman usual meant visting the neighbours and going to prayer. Lilita was a little lost on how to occupy her time so after a light breakfast of fruit and yogurt the female decided a walk around the grounds would keep her occupied a while. She headed out of the breakfast area back towards the lobby and the main entrance.

Offline LocusVonErich

« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2018, 05:39:08 PM »
Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 7 June 2020, 10:30 am, roughly
Wearing: Black jeans, white t-shirt
Tagging: Reese
Mentioning: Rafaela, Felix

Joseph had been exploring the halls, trying to find some manner of entertainment after breakfast. So, he continued to move along. Eventually he would find himself at the front desk. Looking over towards the distance, he saw a woman who defined the very concept of a "will o' the wisp" and a young lad who Joseph wouldn't be surprised if his age ended in "-teen". But, they weren't what his focus was on.

Instead, he turned to the ball of sunshine at the desk. "It's Joseph. Edwards." He responded to her question.
"How, may I ask, are you so chipper for this time of day?" An odd concept indeed for Joseph, whose days usually started at two in the afternoon. The hangover and the jet lag were effecting him more than he had cared to admit.

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2018, 06:09:03 PM »

Reese’s countenance was one of expectation after her greeting to Mr. Edwards. She expected for him to talk at length about either himself or ask her about some of the hotel’s various offerings.

Although Reese did consider herself an extrovert, she did have to try harder in some social situations. There were times when she made a complete ass of herself or did not read someone’s responses to her correctly. Last night, at the party, Reese thought they shared a less than enjoyment moment due to her putting her foot in her mouth. So when Joseph attempted to make conversation with her, Reese was taken aback.

Recovering herself, Reese laughed and made a point to stare in the direction of a clock hanging upon the wall. It was a respectable hour. Her gaze returned to his.

“I never been the type to allow the position of the sun to determine my mood,” Reese confessed with a shrug of her shoulders. “I admit, it was harder to find reason to smile this morning. That’s more from lack of sleep than the time of day though."

Offline LocusVonErich

« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »

"Well, that's a shame. The beds here are more comfortable than I ever knew they could possibly be. Or, were you enjoying the festivities after the rest of us were retiring to our suites?" The question wasn't meant to be accusatory, rather more flirtatious. "Of course, when you're used to working through most of the day, the position of the sun becomes irrelevant." He would chuckle with innocent sarcasm.

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2018, 08:15:34 PM »

“I’m sorry, Mr. Edwards,” Reese said with a purse of her lips. “What exactly are you asking me?”

Her eyebrows knitted close together as she regarded Joseph with confusion flickering in the depths of her blue eyes. While Reese had some ideas about where he was going with his questions, she thought it wise to give him a chance to provide clarification rather than make the wrong assumption.

Offline LocusVonErich

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2018, 08:37:00 PM »

"Well...I'm looking at it from two angles. The more gentlemanly being that Caravanserai doesn't quite give its staff the same comfort as it does for its paying residents. Mind you, that's the gentlemanly implication. The other option...well, I don't want to be rude. After all, what two people do in the privacy of a suite is between them." There was an odd mix of charismatic charm and obnoxious beating around the bush in Joseph's speech. "After all, you guys can't be on the clock all the time, right?"

• Mentor
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:33 PM »

“Our rooms are comfortable. Not as fancy as yours but they aren’t a closet turned into a bedroom,” Reese informed him with a hint of a smile. In truth, Caravanserai was generous with its employees, both in pay and accommodations. Her complaints were few when it came to management. “However, I come from a household where bed-sharing was common.”

Her voice trailed off at the mention of her family as it was a sore spot for her. Reese could not remember the last time she had spoken to them. She’d tried at first, after she left home, but every phone left her drained and in a sour mood. Soon, she stopped calling. They made no effort to reach out to her either. Part of her wondered if they were relieved the the phone ceased to ring and register to her number.

Tone light, hiding all evidence of her brief reflection, Reese added, “That and I’ve made a few pallets on the floor in my time.”

Reese was upset that Joseph had the gall to ask her such an inappropriate question but she knew better than to show it. Dealing with perverted pricks was an unfortunate bonus of being in a customer service position.

“Did you need something?” She ignored his question about her sex life and guided them back to safer territory.

Offline LocusVonErich

« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2018, 09:12:59 PM »

"As the eldest of six in a single parent household, I know the feeling of having little space on the bed to yourself. Pallets were a luxury ill-afforded. I understand that much." Joseph would fidget a little. "I apologize for my other thought. I'm sure you have enough assholes around here to deal with. I didn't really need anything. I was just looking for a means to kill time, figured I'd say hello." With that, Edwards would turn to walk off, knowing that others who wanted to check in needed her attention more.

Offline Loiosh

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2018, 02:11:04 PM »
Tagging: Katrina  / Open

Ryo nodded pleasantly as he finished his drink.  Definitely done with this one, he thought.  He would probably be a bit wobbly when he stood up but hopefully not too noticeably.  He shrugged at the mention of cocaine but kept his smile.  Ryo had tried it once back in LA and the feeling had scared the hell out of him.  Greg always called him a prude.

“I wanted to visit Monaco but just didn’t get around to it,” he said.  “I did get a chance to spend a few days in Nice though in passing.  I loved the Mediterranean but everything was so built up for tourists.  Sounds like I didn’t miss much though,” he added with a wink.

Ryo sipped at his drink while waiting for Käti to finish hers.  He was content to just be for a change and accept whatever happened next.

Offline Jaclyn

« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2018, 03:55:36 PM »

… he seems fun … low key … not the usual lotharios who hit on Käti … after he money or her panties or both … nice for a change … she sips her drink as he talks about Nice and the Med …

  “The coast is either nothing fun or built up, as you say. Inland, one can still find tiny towns in wine or olive country where nice rooms and good food can be had for a pittance and enough people speak English top be able to order food. I do that sometimes too when people get too close. You’re nice, Ryo. You don’t lean on me like most guys do, if you know what I mean. Thank you!”

… sip of my drink … notice he’s stopped … perhaps not used to it and that’s fine too …

  “So tell me about Korea. If I wanted to see nature and the ocean, where would I go? I’ve been around Japan and liked the remote villages. There I hired a guide, a Japanese girl. I asked her to show me places she thought were beautiful and that didn’t have many tourists.”