Wiki Help

Started by Machete, October 16, 2011, 04:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Machete

Would a wikimin please make the following name changes to images I've uploaded as to avoid duplicate uploads.

BalthoryLjubicic.jpg to BathoryLjubicic.jpg
Jafar.jpg to Jafaral-Nassir.jpg
Xena.jpg to XenaColby.jpg

Trieste

I can delete them for you and you can upload them under the new names.

Machete

I would do that, but it wouldn't let me upload AnimalpersonExample-Bunnyperson.jpg until I ignored all warnings because I used the same picture as the old Enrica.jpg, which Caeli deleted.  On top of that, I already have the pictures up in my character thread and would rather not have the "?/??" part of the urls change.  Thus, I'd rather have the names of the files changed.

Caeli

I'm not sure you can actually manually change file names once they've been uploaded - from what I remember, it's actually not possible. The easiest way would simply be to make a duplicate upload (even though the wiki gives you a warning, you can still upload the image), then edit the categories of the images that you want deleted to be [[Category:Delete]].
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Trieste

Yes, precisely so. Ergo, I can delete the old ones for you and you can upload the new ones, but we can't rename the old ones. :)

Machete

Okay.  The new ones are uploaded.

Trieste

The old ones have been deleted. :)

Vekseid

Quote from: Caeli on October 16, 2011, 05:45:00 PM
I'm not sure you can actually manually change file names once they've been uploaded - from what I remember, it's actually not possible. The easiest way would simply be to make a duplicate upload (even though the wiki gives you a warning, you can still upload the image), then edit the categories of the images that you want deleted to be [[Category:Delete]].

It is possible, look under the Move tab : ) I don't think it requires admin help though.

Vandren

Quote from: Vekseid on October 16, 2011, 08:55:46 PM
I don't think it requires admin help though.

That is true, it does not.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Machete

I wish I'd known that.

Caeli

I actually don't see a "Move" tab when I'm on an image page, so I'm assuming it's something only Wikimins can do?

I can move normal wiki pages, though.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Trieste

I learn new things every once in a while with the wiki. *nodnod*

Anyway, you're welcome, and let us know if you need anything else!

Vandren

Quote from: Caeli on October 17, 2011, 02:59:41 PM
I actually don't see a "Move" tab when I'm on an image page, so I'm assuming it's something only Wikimins can do?

I can move normal wiki pages, though.

This is true.  The move tab only appears on normal pages, not on images (for non-admins).

(Mea culpa, I'd only checked a normal page before.)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Machete

Will a gallery show up intermingled with text on a final page because, when I was previewing an update of my user page, my gallery of Arti's pictures wouldn't show up?

Of course, it will show up providing it's coded right.  I used brackets ([]) around the image "tag" on the wiki last night.